PDA

View Full Version : Satanic Ritual to be held at OKC Civic Center

JohnnyMack
8/31/2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13076710#WNPoll99220

Group to Hold Satanic Ritual at Oklahoma City's Civic Center

OKLAHOMA CITY – A local satanic church will attempt to spread its message during an event in downtown Oklahoma City.

Members of the Church of the IV Majesties will gather at the Civic Center October 21. The group's website claimed the event will include a satanic ritual.

The church's head minister -- who would not reveal his name or face -- said the ritual is a staged exorcism, and a parody of the Catholic church.

The church has filed for corporation status and at least one member has obtained minister credentials. Members of the group said the event at the Civic Center will help educate the public.

"Our job is to provide a community and a basis for everybody to meet and practice their belief peacefully,"said the church's head minister.

There's nothing the city can do to stop the group from holding its event at the Civic Center. The city cannot discriminate against any religious group as long as the organization does nothing illegal.

"We are a government entity and as such we have to abide by the laws of the Constitution of the United States in saying that we have to abide by the first amendment which allows freedom of assembly for all groups," said Oklahoma City spokesperson Jennifer McClintock.

This should end well.

StoopTroup
8/31/2010, 05:30 PM
Tulsa > OKC :D

picasso
8/31/2010, 05:31 PM
Is Ozzy the headliner?:D

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds like one hell of a party.

SouthFortySooner
8/31/2010, 05:50 PM
Virgin's get in free!

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 05:56 PM
As long as they don't knock on my door trying to tell me about the good news, I'm good. :D

StoopTroup
8/31/2010, 05:59 PM
Virgin's get in free!

Looks like things always workout for the best...:D
http://www.infidelsparadise.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/gay-muslim.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
8/31/2010, 06:01 PM
Ya know, I was watching the bio of the KKK last night on tv and had this original thought: "DON'T ****ING PROTEST THEM! Don't show up...don't do anything. Let them do their stupid bull**** and don't give them a shred of attention, cause that's what they want."

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2010, 06:09 PM
Virgin's get in free!

But they don't get out!

yankee
8/31/2010, 06:29 PM
preacher bob from the (real) south oval should totally show up.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:32 PM
this guy is their lord and master?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjfhUhVRvPA

the_ouskull
8/31/2010, 06:34 PM
But they don't get out!

So THAT'S how you lost it. Congrats, buddy.

the_ouskull

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 07:19 PM
I can understand worshiping a lot of things, but Satan? I have yet to understand the point.

badger
8/31/2010, 07:19 PM
They say they are there to practice peacefully, yet another report I read said that they are going to perform an exorcism to mock Catholic belief practices.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 07:41 PM
If someone whipped their ***, how could they complain? They worship evil.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2010, 08:02 PM
Now with picture goodness!!!

http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/13076710_BG1.jpg

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 08:09 PM
I can understand worshiping a lot of things, but Satan? I have yet to understand the point.

and what was lucifer's crime?

loving god too much. god said to the angels "I've created man, and you will love him as you love me"

lucifer said "no. i love you more than man", and for that god cast him out of heaven.

seems to me that god's the dickhead in this situation... but I'm a card carrying atheist and don't give a **** either way.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 08:15 PM
Nowhere in this story does it mention what branch of Satanism it is. Technically they could be worshipping lucifer, but it's more likely that they are Levay Satanists who actually worship self or even the guys that think the bible is totally true, but that the roles are reversed and that Satan, father of lies, has fooled the world into worshipping the "real" devil as God.

Yeah...I read too much weird ****.

the_ouskull
8/31/2010, 08:21 PM
If someone whipped their ***, how could they complain? They worship evil.

Not exactly. The doctrine of Satanism, as written in the Satanic Bible, by Anton LaVey (I think..) preaches more hedonism than anything else. It's indulgence over abstinence. It's pleasure over pristine.

Basically, it's what people do, but then go to church to feel guilty for later. Spring Break was the greatest thing to ever happen to Satan. Churches too. Lots of souls find a higher meaning on that week, dedicated to celebrating the lowest common denominator; reckless abandon.

Sure, there are some that, uh... "go too far," I guess sounds a bit, "off." Sorry. Anyway, there are always those extremists, just like there are those that twist the word of God to mean "protest military funerals 'cause of homosexuals." The sad thing is, that's what both sides get judged by by both the other side, and all neutral parties. If the Religious Right stages some kind of rally, they're just belittling their own cause. If they, instead, spend the day downtown, peaceably, handing out tracts, and volunteering to witness to anybody that may be interested; without causing any kind of disturbance at "Satan's rally," don't you think that would serve their cause, and their purpose, so much more?

Which is, of course, why it will never happen.

the_ouskull

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 08:22 PM

loving god too much. god said to the angels "I've created man, and you will love him as you love me"

lucifer said "no. i love you more than man", and for that god cast him out of heaven.

:confused: (I guess I should know this Biblical passage, but it somehow got by me.)

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 08:23 PM
Not exactly. The doctrine of Satanism, as written in the Satanic Bible, by Anton LaVey (I think..) preaches more hedonism than anything else. It's indulgence over abstinence. It's pleasure over pristine.

But what if I enjoy kicking the crap out of people?

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 08:24 PM
Then you too are a Laveyan Satanist at heart.

picasso
8/31/2010, 08:29 PM

Basically, it's what people do, but then go to church to feel guilty for later. Spring Break was the greatest thing to ever happen to Satan. Churches too. Lots of souls find a higher meaning on that week, dedicated to celebrating the lowest common denominator; reckless abandon.

Sure, there are some that, uh... "go too far," I guess sounds a bit, "off." Sorry. Anyway, there are always those extremists, just like there are those that twist the word of God to mean "protest military funerals 'cause of homosexuals." The sad thing is, that's what both sides get judged by by both the other side, and all neutral parties. If the Religious Right stages some kind of rally, they're just belittling their own cause. If they, instead, spend the day downtown, peaceably, handing out tracts, and volunteering to witness to anybody that may be interested; without causing any kind of disturbance at "Satan's rally," don't you think that would serve their cause, and their purpose, so much more?

Which is, of course, why it will never happen.

the_ouskull

Skull, the Religious Right? It's not all Republicans attending church. Look into it some time.
And I doubt every church leader in the state will be there protesting it. Most of said leaders are out helping the community.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 08:29 PM
or a professional mma fighter...

or a marine infantryman :)

Eielson
8/31/2010, 08:33 PM

seems to me that god's the dickhead in this situation... but I'm a card carrying atheist and don't give a **** either way.

Verse?

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 08:35 PM
It's all on Venom's At War With Satan and Mercyful Fate's Melissa albums.

Boarder
8/31/2010, 08:36 PM
I recognize the fact that they have the Constitutional right to hold their rally, but it is very insensitive of them to hold it mere blocks away from the Bombing Memorial. That is nothing but a slap in the face to those who were affected by the tragedy.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 08:43 PM
How so? Just curious.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 08:47 PM
Verse?

That's what I would like to know.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 08:48 PM
Verse?

o you won't find it in the bible... neither will you find the story of lilith, the first woman god created that rejected adam.

thats all part of hebrew folklore that didnt get included in the bible when the council of bishops at nycea decided how you all were going to worship god.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 08:50 PM
o you won't find it in the bible...

You found it on the Web, didn't you?

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2010, 08:50 PM
Satan is about as real as the Easter Bunny.

GottaHavePride
8/31/2010, 08:54 PM
Virgin's get in free!

"Don't forget your goat-skin chaps!" - People Against Goodness And Normalcy

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 08:55 PM
Satan is about as real as the Easter Bunny.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 08:55 PM
You found it on the Web, didn't you?

nope... i think it was ccd.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 08:57 PM
so what was lucifer cast out of heaven for then if it wasnt because he refused to bow before god's creation?

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 08:58 PM
He pissed off God.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 08:59 PM
I am NOT gonna say it...

MR2-Sooner86
8/31/2010, 09:02 PM
What's wrong with worshiping Satan? Sex, drugs, and Rock-n-Roll? **** yeah I'm in!

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 09:03 PM
What's wrong with worshiping Satan? Sex, drugs, and Rock-n-Roll? **** yeah I'm in!

Satan listens to Christopher Cross.

That's why he's Satan.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 09:05 PM
If you worship Satan then:

http://www.satanservice.org/real-satanist/king-diamond3.jpg

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 09:05 PM
satan is also lady gaga's manager...

trustory

Eielson
8/31/2010, 09:44 PM
o you won't find it in the bible.

That's what I figured.

JohnnyMack
8/31/2010, 10:17 PM
Satan listens to Christopher Cross.

That's why he's Satan.

That album is awesome. Shut your hole.

Dio
8/31/2010, 10:53 PM
It's all on Venom's At War With Satan and Mercyful Fate's Melissa albums.

Dude, everybody knows Scratch was actually the lead singer for Glass Tiger.

Dio
8/31/2010, 11:07 PM
I hear the real Karate Kid will be there...

MkNBDY31wyQ

FroggyStyle22
9/1/2010, 03:42 AM
so what was lucifer cast out of heaven for then if it wasnt because he refused to bow before god's creation?

He spoke about fight club?

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 04:39 AM
Made soap from non-human fat?

yermom
9/1/2010, 04:49 AM
"Don't forget your goat-skin chaps!" - People Against Goodness And Normalcy

Satan is good... Satan is our pal...

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 07:17 AM
Edit...Yeah...Prolly NSFW...

4an3rpucSos

wJTYp1tvd3Q

TUSooner
9/1/2010, 07:36 AM
You know they did it in Oklahoma only because that's where the most people would get piszt-off and give them the attention they want.

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 07:41 AM
blah...They have stuff like this all over the place.

I'm not an advocate or anything. In fact I think all the different branches are stupid. Point being it's the same old crap that every religious group pulls. That's why I've done nothing but ask what branch (for obvious reasons as far as overall motive) and make jokes (since this crap is just funny no matter how you look at it).

Jacie
9/1/2010, 07:47 AM
Nowhere in this story does it mention what branch of Satanism it is. Technically they could be worshipping lucifer, but it's more likely that they are Levay Satanists who actually worship self or even the guys that think the bible is totally true, but that the roles are reversed and that Satan, father of lies, has fooled the world into worshipping the "real" devil as God.

Yeah...I read too much weird ****.

There are branches of Satanism now?

OhU1
9/1/2010, 09:18 AM

Lots, there's the Greek Unorthodox, the ubiquitous newfangled "non-denominational" (complete with big screens, skits, and contemporary devil music :rolleyes:), and the Church of Lucifer of Later Day Demons (widely considered a cult).

OklahomaTuba
9/1/2010, 10:15 AM
You know they did it in Oklahoma only because that's where the most people would get piszt-off and give them the attention they want.They should give it a try in Dearborn, MI. Or better yet, just go over to the middle east and see how it goes over.

BillyBall
9/1/2010, 10:30 AM
There will be a **** load of missing goats after this.

TUSooner
9/1/2010, 10:38 AM
They should give it a try in Dearborn, MI. Or better yet, just go over to the middle east and see how it goes over.

What's up with Dearborn? :confused:
And they don't go to the Middle East because they only want to pisz off "decent" people; they don't want the real fanatics to slaughter them. Though that would be interesting to see . :D

badger
9/1/2010, 10:39 AM
You know they did it in Oklahoma only because that's where the most people would get piszt-off and give them the attention they want.

Well, mission accomplished if they just wanted attention. The story's everywhere and apparently prompted calls to OKC to cancel this.

I doubt that calls alone with get the event canceled, but a good ol' bomb threat call might do the trick.

:mad: Please don't call in a bomb threat. Someone else will and you know it.

:mad: I am NOT telling anyone to call in a bomb threat!

Veritas
9/1/2010, 10:45 AM
I went to see Slayer last week. It was awesome. And sorta like a Satanic ritual.

Leroy Lizard
9/1/2010, 10:46 AM

According to my pastor, any denomination that isn't Southern Baptist.

soonerborn30
9/1/2010, 10:58 AM
With their description of what they're going to do, this sounds an awful lot like a GWAR concert.

OklahomaTuba
9/1/2010, 11:04 AM
What's up with Dearborn? :confused:It's more or less the Muslim capital of the US.

Where Sharia Law is practiced over that of local, state and federal law.

I wonder if these kids in their Halloween costumes even know what Sharia law is? I think they should go find out.

JohnnyMack
9/1/2010, 11:17 AM
It's more or less the Muslim capital of the US.

I wonder if these kids in their Halloween costumes even know what Sharia law is? I think they should go find out.

You're cute when you're being all tin-foil hatty and alarmist and fear-mongering.

BillyBall
9/1/2010, 11:22 AM
It's more or less the Muslim capital of the US.

Do you bring a crucifix, holy water or an Ann Coulter book for protection when traveling through Dearborn?

BudSooner
9/1/2010, 12:55 PM
Now with picture goodness!!!

http://kotv.images.worldnow.com/images/13076710_BG1.jpg

DAMN! You would think Mack would at least brush his teef once every other year, you can see the toll that coaching the shorthorns has taken on him..he's starting to look like 'em.:D

OklahomaTuba
9/1/2010, 02:23 PM
Do you bring a crucifix, holy water or an Ann Coulter book for protection when traveling through Dearborn?I'd bring the woman, just not dressed in the traditional black body bag.

PDXsooner
9/1/2010, 03:52 PM

What a prick!!

BillyBall
9/1/2010, 09:35 PM
I'd bring the woman, just not dressed in the traditional black body bag.

Debatable....

JohnnyMack
9/2/2010, 10:14 AM
I'm really thinking about converting to Satanism. I mean seriously, what's the downside?

stoopified
9/2/2010, 11:09 AM
I can understand worshiping a lot of things, but Satan? I have yet to understand the point.Mostly osu fans ,I'm sure,after all they have made a science out of worshipping losers.

stoopified
9/2/2010, 11:17 AM
Well, mission accomplished if they just wanted attention. The story's everywhere and apparently prompted calls to OKC to cancel this.

I doubt that calls alone with get the event canceled, but a good ol' bomb threat call might do the trick.

:mad: Please don't call in a bomb threat. Someone else will and you know it.

:mad: I am NOT telling anyone to call in a bomb threat!What do I do now with that prepaid phone you gave me? :D

Leroy Lizard
9/2/2010, 03:10 PM
I'm really thinking about converting to Satanism. I mean seriously, what's the downside?

Go for it. You'll find out soon enough.

SoonerAtKU
9/2/2010, 03:41 PM
The downside? I'm assuming most of the She-Satanists are chubby goths in their 40s.

You tell me if that's a down or up.

JohnnyMack
9/2/2010, 03:58 PM
Go for it. You'll find out soon enough.

But if I'm already IN with the big guy, what would I have to worry about? I'd probably enter as like a manager or something.

GKeeper316
9/2/2010, 04:58 PM
But if I'm already IN with the big guy, what would I have to worry about? I'd probably enter as like a manager or something.

sam kinnison did a bit like that... he dies and goes to hell and satan's all like... "prepare to suffer eternal torment and agony! hahahahahaha!"

and sam says... "i was married. twice."

satan says "****, man... you want a job?"

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 05:20 PM
o you won't find it in the bible... neither will you find the story of lilith, the first woman god created that rejected adam.

thats all part of hebrew folklore that didnt get included in the bible when the council of bishops at nycea decided how you all were going to worship god.

Alrighty then....lol

In Jewish folklore, Lilith is the name of Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same earth as Adam. She left Adam after she refused to become subservient to Adam and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated with archangel Samael. Her story was greatly developed, during the Middle Ages, in the tradition of Aggadic midrashim, the Zohar and Jewish mysticism. The resulting Lilith legend is still commonly used as source material in modern culture, literature, occultism, fantasy and horror.

GKeeper316
9/2/2010, 05:43 PM
Alrighty then....lol

because the story was "greatly developed" in the middle ages, that means it didn't exist before then?

GKeeper316
9/2/2010, 05:45 PM
thats like saying king arthur wasnt a real guy, just because a bunch of embelished stories eventually popped up about him.

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 05:51 PM
because the story was "greatly developed" in the middle ages, that means it didn't exist before then?

I'm still scared of the Big Bad Wolf and my 1st Wife was Little Red Riding Hood.

Still....if I see that damn wolf again...i'll shoot his ***.

Goldilocks is a much better Wife.

the_ouskull
9/2/2010, 05:59 PM
Skull, the Religious Right? It's not all Republicans attending church. Look into it some time. And I doubt every church leader in the state will be there protesting it. Most of said leaders are out helping the community.

I actually wasn't making a "Republicans = Christians" reference so much as just a "the religious protesters who act as if they are always right" reference.

I just think that protesting it at all is, 1) a waste of time, and 2) inviting unnecessary drama back upon the protesters. And, honestly, I'd be surprised if a lot of church leaders across the state (not in the city area exclusively, but state-wide) even KNEW about the "event." H*ll, I didn't until I saw it on here.

the_ouskull

Leroy Lizard
9/2/2010, 08:00 PM

BTW, Satan is probably a micro-manager, so I doubt he has any need for your skills. If you were a practicing Christian, I might offer some reasons for not venturing to the Dark Side. But after seeing your posts, just go ahead and do it. No loss.

Satan has a rape fantasy that involves pseudo-intellectuals. So you'll be digging your fingers into the Mattress of Flame just like the rest of the guys. "Oh, Satan! You're a horse! A horse!"

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 08:01 PM
He might cut in on Saddam's action.

http://www.michaeltotten.com/images/Saddam%20and%20Satan.jpg