PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops on the Dan Patrick Show

primetime43
8/31/2010, 01:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

Bob Stoops comments on USC's title, Landry Jones, Sam Bradford
10:47 AM08.31 Posted By: Andrew Perloff SHARE COMMENTS (0)

Bob Stoops
AP

Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops joined the show to talk about his upcoming season.

Stoops commented on today's poll -- should USC vacate its 2004 national title. The Trojans beat his Sooners that year. Still, Stoops feels it should remain vacant instead of naming a new champion.

Here's Stoops' explanation: "I think in the end the reason to leave it blank is that everyone's obviously not on the same playing field. ... I think it's the right thing just to vacate it. ... In that case, I just don't think there's a good way for anyone to claim it."

Stoops was upbeat despite the Sooners' 8-5 record last year. "The fact that we beat Oklahoma State, who was ranked, and then Stanford, another ranked team in the last two games, it gave us a ton of momentum," Stoops said. "Finishing the way we did gave us a lot of positive energy."

Stoops is fired up about quarterback Landry Jones as well. Dan asked Stoops what Jones does better than Sam Bradford. "Grows a mustache," Stoops said.

Stoops couldn't stop raving about Bradford. Stoops said Bradford is a really unique person and will be able to deal with all the pressure of being in the NFL. "He knows how to handle it all," Stoops said.
I thoroughly enjoyed what Stoops said about the color "Burnt Orange".

Mad Dog Madsen
8/31/2010, 01:10 PM
Dan asked Stoops what Jones does better than Sam Bradford. "Grows a mustache," Stoops said.

Niiice! :D

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 01:30 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

I thoroughly enjoyed what Stoops said about the color "Burnt Orange".

I'm not seeing anything about burnt orange on there.

soonerborn30
8/31/2010, 01:44 PM
DP: Mack Brown has said if you GAVE him a red car he wouldn't drive it. If I gave you a burnt orange car...would you drive it?

BS: I mean really, who would? Do you see any of those out on the road?

DP: But let's say it's an orange Ferrari?

BS: Still...

primetime43
8/31/2010, 01:55 PM
DP: Mack Brown has said if you GAVE him a red car he wouldn't drive it. If I gave you a burnt orange car...would you drive it?

BS: I mean really, who would? Do you see any of those out on the road?

DP: But let's say it's an orange Ferrari?

BS: Still...

Thanks for quoting that for me.

stoopified
8/31/2010, 02:02 PM
Any shade of orange makes me gag.

StoopTroup
8/31/2010, 02:10 PM
If you can afford a Ferrari...you can afford to get that burnt orange covered up IMO.

The fact that it's orange should drop the price enough to more than cover the cost of having to have it repainted.

BigDeezy
8/31/2010, 02:19 PM
We should respect his experience, because afterall, he been seen driving his wife's pink caddy, but wouldn't get caught dead in a burnt orange car! Who could blame him?!

sooner59
8/31/2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe Bob got tired of the pink Caddy and stole SicEm's scooter so he could drive something different...

SunnySooner
8/31/2010, 05:45 PM
Real men drive pink!!

bluedogok
8/31/2010, 06:45 PM
There are plenty of burnt orange cars around right now, the C6 Corvette, Scion xB and Honda Element are a few that I can think of...especially down here.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 06:48 PM
Real men drive the pink!!

:D

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 06:48 PM
Mack won't drive a red car in Austin for fear of it being vandalized, and Stoops just wouldn't drive a shi... I mean... burnt-orange car. This isn't exactly news.

A Sooner in Texas
8/31/2010, 06:51 PM
There are plenty of burnt orange cars around right now, the C6 Corvette, Scion xB and Honda Element are a few that I can think of...especially down here.

Yes, but they're only driven by insane people. Especially the Scion and Element.

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 07:26 PM
Real men dive in to the pink!!

FIFY :D

SunnySooner
8/31/2010, 07:38 PM
Preverts!!!:P ;) :D :D :D :D

I gave Mr. SS a pink shirt for Christmas the year I was preggo with baby girl. He wore it for the delivery, it was so cute!!! I heart him. :)

p.s.

He hasn't worn it since. Maybe I can dye it crimson.;)

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 07:44 PM

I gave Mr. SS a pink shirt for Christmas the year I was preggo with baby girl. He wore it for the delivery, it was so cute!!! I heart him. :)

But he coaches the Game Cocks.

Oh no, what have I unleashed?

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 07:49 PM

p.s.

He hasn't worn it since. Maybe I can dye it crimson.;)

I dont know about the others Girl , but Im a PROvert ;)

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 08:03 PM
I don't know any other way to be.

bluedogok
8/31/2010, 10:09 PM
Mack won't drive a red car in Austin for fear of it being vandalized, and Stoops just wouldn't drive a shi... I mean... burnt-orange car. This isn't exactly news.
I know more Whorns down here that drive red cars than orange ones. Many wouldn't buy an orange one, it's OK for clothing but not their vehicle

Yes, but they're only driven by insane people. Especially the Scion and Element.
I saw a Saturn Vue in that color tonight.