Collier11
8/31/2010, 01:05 PM
posted in the game week info thread, just an fyi

Mad Dog Madsen
8/31/2010, 01:07 PM
Ah, he'll be fine...

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 01:36 PM
Saban's words and tone sound eerily like Stoops with injury information. I know they have Richardson, but that's still only one guy for now. We saw how good one guy got us in 2005.

soonerloyal
8/31/2010, 03:03 PM
Bless MI's heart. Praying for his quick & complete recovery. :(

Okie35
8/31/2010, 03:13 PM
Saban's words and tone sound eerily like Stoops with injury information. I know they have Richardson, but that's still only one guy for now. We saw how good one guy got us in 2005.

Most Bama fans I know like Richardson more than Ingram. I think Ingram will be fine though.

JLEW1818
8/31/2010, 03:13 PM
posted in the game week info thread, just an fyi

:D

soonerborn30
8/31/2010, 03:18 PM
Most Bama fans I know like Richardson more than Ingram. I think Ingram will be fine though.

They like somebody else besides a returning Heisman winner? The ONLY Heisman winner in their history? What a weird bunch.

Okie35
8/31/2010, 03:47 PM
They like somebody else besides a returning Heisman winner? The ONLY Heisman winner in their history? What a weird bunch.

They said Richardson is would be equally talented as Ingram if he was slower lol. Also, could've put up the same numbers if he had the same amount of touches. I don't follow Bama so I don't really get into it. :cool:

Brink
8/31/2010, 04:15 PM
They said Richardson is would be equally talented as Ingram if he was slower lol. Also, could've put up the same numbers if he had the same amount of touches. I don't follow Bama so I don't really get into it. :cool:

That is exactly what I have been hearing too.

They shouldn't have that much of a talent drop-off.

Sabanball
8/31/2010, 04:35 PM
He had an arthroscopic procedure today. He'll be out for the opener against SJSU and be week to week after that. That being said, most people that I talk to that are close to the situation are saying that he will more than likely be out for the Penn St game as well and could potentially need as long as 6 weeks to totally heal up, depending on the exact type of tissue tear that is involved.

Normally I'd be worried sick, but with Trent Richardson projecting to get the majority of carries anyway as the torch passes to him from Ingram this year, and having Eddie Lacy, Demetrius Goode, Jalston Fowler, and Cory Grant in the slot we're very deep at the position. We'll be fine.

soonerhubs
8/31/2010, 04:37 PM
All the best to your team, Sabanball. I hate to see folks getting injured.

Sabanball
8/31/2010, 04:46 PM
All the best to your team, Sabanball. I hate to see folks getting injured.

Thanks, soonerhubler. Ironically, this isn't even the top story of the day down here in SEC land. It's a loss for us but probably not as big as Ole Miss losing Masoli at qb.;) As some of you may have heard, his waiver request was denied by the NCAA.

BTW, from what I'm hearing about Mark it sounds like a minor meniscus tear. The knee was scoped earlier today. People that I know personally that have had this in some cases were up playing basketball inside of three weeks. My guess is he COULD be ready for Penn St but I predict we will hold him out for that game and the Duke game and try to have him 100 % for Arkansas. As I said, in the interim I think we'll be fine but it also effectively eliminates Mark from the Heisman race.

StoopTroup
8/31/2010, 04:57 PM
They probably just injected some Bear Bryant DNA in his knee. He'll play next week.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/31/2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks, soonerhubler. Ironically, this isn't even the top story of the day down here in SEC land. It's a loss for us but probably not as big as Ole Miss losing Mazzoli at qb.;) As some of you may have heard, his waiver request was denied by the NCAA.

BTW, from what I'm hearing about Mark it sounds like a minor meniscus tear. The knee was scoped earlier today. People that I know personally that have had this in some cases were up playing basketball inside of three weeks. My guess is he COULD be ready for Penn St but I predict we will hold him out for that game and the Duke game and try to have him 100 % for Arkansas.

Interesting... I had not heard that.

OhU1
8/31/2010, 05:03 PM
They probably just injected some Bear Bryant DNA in his knee. He'll play next week.

Bear Bryant made his players tear up their knees in summer training camp just to toughen them up for the season.

Sabanball
8/31/2010, 05:08 PM
Interesting... I had not heard that.

I think it just came out in the last couple of hours. With this happening and of course Raymond Cotton already leaving the team, Houston Nutt doesn't have a QB. Now that's HUGE.

Breadburner
8/31/2010, 05:13 PM
Rammer Jammer was the blood donor...He willl be good to go....

SunnySooner
8/31/2010, 05:40 PM
I've had arthroscopic knee surgery--it ain't bad, but it ain't a walk on the beach, either. I'm also not an elite athlete in prime physical condition. He'll be back in about 4 weeks is my educated guess, and he may have some soreness and swelling to deal with, but as long as he doesn't have any other major injury to the knee, it should be OK in the long run. Does he lose a step this season, waiting for it to completely heal? Probably yes, at first anyway.

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 05:43 PM
I hope he's okay, as well as hoping Bama can step up and fill the void. They have the hardest fall from the pedestal they're on should the lose.

My original post simply pointed out that we thought back in 2005 that all OUr QB had to do was turn around and hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson. One: that wasn't true. Two: it becomes even more difficult when your established playmakers are out. The guy who is normally the backup, normally catches the winded defenses steps into a role with a fresh opposition and is expected to carry the load? Can he do it? Consistently? What happens if worst case scenario, Richardson is out too?

Sabanball
8/31/2010, 05:47 PM
I hope he's okay, as well as hoping Bama can step up and fill the void. They have the hardest fall from the pedestal they're on should the lose.

My original post simply pointed out that we thought back in 2005 that all OUr QB had to do was turn around and hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson. One: that wasn't true. Two: it becomes even more difficult when your established playmakers are out. The guy who is normally the backup, normally catches the winded defenses steps into a role with a fresh opposition and is expected to carry the load? Can he do it? Consistently? What happens if worst case scenario, Richardson is out too?

We will be 40+ pt favorites against San Jose St and Duke. The only game his loss could have a potential impact on is the Penn St game, and even against them I think he might be available but again I predict we'll hold him out.

He will be ready for our conference games and that is when we will need him.

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 05:51 PM
We heard that about Gresham, too. Just sayin'

Don't mistake me for someone who doesn't like Bama. I'm simply pointing out that when a guy who carries his team like that goes down, you do feel it a little. We also thought when DeMarco was cleared to play that he'd be just as fast, confident and explosive as ever. There's been debate over that ever since.

Sabanball
8/31/2010, 05:57 PM
We heard that about Gresham, too. Just sayin'

Don't mistake me for someone who doesn't like Bama. I'm simply pointing out that when a guy who carries his team like that goes down, you do feel it a little. We also thought when DeMarco was cleared to play that he'd be just as fast, confident and explosive as ever. There's been debate over that ever since.

Absolutely no question that you are right. Without him, I don't think there is anyway we would have gone 26-2 over the last two years. That being said, I'm not ready to slit my wrists, as he was not the level of an impact player like Sam Bradford was for you guys or even Colt McCoy.