PDA

View Full Version : I know the announcement

oudavid1
8/31/2010, 10:59 AM
My source let me know this morning.

Bob Barry Sr. will retire after this season as announcer for Oklahoma Football and basketball.

Official announcement coming soon.

Tune into 98.1 FM or soonersports.com

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 10:59 AM
durp.

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 11:01 AM
you needed to start another thread about yer own thread ?:confused:

oudavid1
8/31/2010, 11:02 AM
you needed to start another thread about yer own thread ?:confused:

i like to be official :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:02 AM
I'm gonna go start a thread about this thread!

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:03 AM
i like to be official :D

Then why not a thread called "Bob Barry Retiring"?

oudavid1
Then why not a thread called "Bob Barry Retiring"?

im not good at thread titles, but im getting better.

olevetonahill
I'm gonna go start a thread about this thread!

Ima gonna start a thread about yer thread thats about This thread thats about that other thread

texaspokieokie
8/31/2010, 11:04 AM
this was for architects.

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 11:04 AM
im not good at anything, but I keep trying.

:cool:

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:05 AM
We'll fill the front page quicker than Tebow and SUC threads ever could.

Right Badger?

badger
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100831_92_0_NORMAN227028)

btk108
all these threads....I think we're unraveling here

Mississippi Sooner
8/31/2010, 11:07 AM
I dig the wide variety of threads, man. Groovy.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:09 AM
Far out, solid, and right on!

kbsooner21
8/31/2010, 11:10 AM
im not good at thread titles, but im getting better.

Understatement of the year :D

soonerborn30
8/31/2010, 11:11 AM
like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHQqqM5sr7g

Sorry, couldn't remember how to embed a youtube video.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:12 AM
LHQqqM5sr7g

sooner_born_1960
8/31/2010, 11:13 AM
So, who in the local market gets the job?

oudavid1
8/31/2010, 11:15 AM
i say cleveland from Family guy

soonerborn30
8/31/2010, 11:16 AM
Please God no nepotism. Please God no nepotism.

badger
8/31/2010, 11:17 AM
you know that someone is gonna start a new thread just because the title of this thread doesn't mention BBS at all, right? And then, another thread on top of that will be started because the thread with BBS in the title did not spell out "Bob Barry Sr." And then, another thread on top of that will be started to speculate who will take BBS' place. And then, there will be several more threads started by people who want to write a personal column on why BBS was the greatest/worst ever and who they feel in their humble opinions, will replace him. They will be entitled "My opinion on BBS retiring," "Thoughts on BBS' career" and "Taj Bomar is of no relation to Rhett Bomar."

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:18 AM
You are a prophet!

swardboy
you know that someone is gonna start a new thread just because the title of this thread doesn't mention BBS at all, right? And then, another thread on top of that will be started because the thread with BBS in the title did not spell out "Bob Barry Sr." And then, another thread on top of that will be started to speculate who will take BBS' place. And then, there will be several more threads started by people who want to write a personal column on why BBS was the greatest/worst ever and who they feel in their humble opinions, will replace him. They will be entitled "My opinion on BBS retiring," "Thoughts on BBS' career" and "Taj Bomar is of no relation to Rhett Bomar."

Threadjacker....

sooner_born_1960
So?

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:20 AM
This thread was jacked from the start. She must be a threadrejacker.

badger
8/31/2010, 11:24 AM
How bout this for threadjacking? I am disappointed not in BBS' retirement, nor happy, because some people speculated some very cool things about what the big announcement was, and now that it's just BBS' imminent retirement, I'm wondering when OU will ever allow halftime passes out, or any of the other cool ideas people brought up. So now I'm disappointed that it was just BBS' retirement, because face it, we all knew it wasn't that long away.

oudavid1
8/31/2010, 11:37 AM
what she said......

fwsooner22
8/31/2010, 11:44 AM
So is there an APP for my I-Phone that will let me listen to the broadcast in the stadium. This is just great news. How many broadcasters tell you at the beggining of the season that they will retire thus making themselves part of the season's story. Typical BB. Oh well it's almost over.

btk108
8/31/2010, 11:46 AM
Last year...if you rented a chairback....they gave you a small radio to wear on your ear as a gift....works at all the OU sporting events

swardboy
8/31/2010, 11:46 AM
How bout this for threadjacking? I am disappointed not in BBS' retirement, nor happy, because some people speculated some very cool things about what the big announcement was, and now that it's just BBS' imminent retirement, I'm wondering when OU will ever allow halftime passes out, or any of the other cool ideas people brought up. So now I'm disappointed that it was just BBS' retirement, because face it, we all knew it wasn't that long away.

Whoa! Threadjackerjacker!!!

:D I'm good with dat.

btk108
8/31/2010, 11:53 AM
ya'll quit jackin around

badger
8/31/2010, 11:59 AM
Whoa! Threadjackerjacker!!!

:D I'm good with dat.

OK, let's jack it a third time. With the expanded stadium and our high def televisions and the intraweb, how many actually still listen to games on the radio? Unless every other option wasn't available, why wouldn't you tune in online, or on TV to see Demarco flip, Landry throw and the Hammer... um... hammer?

Whoever takes the job, it won't be the same. Nowadays, most people are listening to commentary by the ESPN losers, not whoever OU chooses to be the voice on the radio.

btk108
8/31/2010, 12:02 PM
the radio was just in one ear....and it was great for the times when the ref's we're reviewing something and nothing was being shown on the boards supposedly so it wouldn't influence their call...or get the fans irate.

BBS and Merv kept me informed while everyone around me was going "WTF?"

sooner_born_1960
8/31/2010, 12:06 PM
OCUDad is flinging poo at btk108's profile right now.

SouthFortySooner
8/31/2010, 12:13 PM

This from someone who cluttered up the board with a 287 post, 'DELETE ME', thread? :D

badger
8/31/2010, 12:19 PM
This from someone who cluttered up the board with a 287 post, 'DELETE ME', thread? :D

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty 'eaded animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother is a 'amster and your father smells of elderberries!” [/french accent]

Seamus
8/31/2010, 12:19 PM
Two quick observations:

1. This thread reminds me of Morrissey's "Suedehead." Great song, but the title is nowhere in the song.

2. "Threadjacker" sounds a lot like the name of some NWOBHM band from the early '80s. Cool.

I'll go back to my coma now ...

Seamus
8/31/2010, 12:21 PM
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty 'eaded animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother is a 'amster and your father smells of elderberries!” [/french accent]

Fetchez le vache.

Eh?

Fetchez le vache!

SouthFortySooner
8/31/2010, 12:27 PM

So we can expect a reDELETE ME thread?

badger
8/31/2010, 12:33 PM
Fetchez le vache.

Eh?

Fetchez le vache!

pbbbth, i don't know french, just monty python.

So we can expect a reDELETE ME thread?
No. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time [/french accent]

stoopified
8/31/2010, 12:51 PM
you know that someone is gonna start a new thread just because the title of this thread doesn't mention BBS at all, right? And then, another thread on top of that will be started because the thread with BBS in the title did not spell out "Bob Barry Sr." And then, another thread on top of that will be started to speculate who will take BBS' place. And then, there will be several more threads started by people who want to write a personal column on why BBS was the greatest/worst ever and who they feel in their humble opinions, will replace him. They will be entitled "My opinion on BBS retiring," "Thoughts on BBS' career" and "Taj Bomar is of no relation to Rhett Bomar."POINT?

badger
8/31/2010, 12:54 PM
POINT?

In geometry, topology and related branches of mathematics a spatial point describes a specific object within a given space that consists of neither volume, area, length, nor any other higher dimensional analogue. Thus, a point is a 0-dimensional object.

My point has zero dimensions, so it will likely fall flat, so perhaps it would be best to miss it.