PDA

View Full Version : Smack has NO scruples

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 09:38 AM
What a complete TOOL!!!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5515054)

If the Heisman Trophy Trust takes back Reggie Bush (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9588)'s 2005 Heisman Trophy, Texas coach Mack Brown believes Vince Young (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9589) should get it.
"If they take it away, I think Vince should be awarded the trophy," Brown said on Dan Patrick's syndicated radio show on Monday.

texaspokieokie
8/31/2010, 09:40 AM
mack probly gets extra pay if his guy receives an award.

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 09:45 AM
What a
http://www.prestoimages.net/store/graphics02/648_pd204471_1.jpg

http://shopping.syncweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/brown-paper-sack.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 09:47 AM
Nothing new here.

TexasLidig8r
8/31/2010, 09:48 AM
What a complete TOOL!!!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5515054)

Yeah... the fact that Vince was transcendent that year... rushing for over 1000, passing for over 3000... number 1 or 2 in passing efficiency and on the biggest stage with the brightest lights against a "team for the ages," Vince led his team to victory in what is regarded as one of the greatest college football games played...

Mack was simply asked a question and he responded truthfully. How dare he not engage in coachspeak. How dare he stand up for his players and former players!
:rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
8/31/2010, 09:50 AM
he's still a tool.

ouleaf
8/31/2010, 09:51 AM
If the votes for 1st place were closer than they were, then I could maybe see a case where they revote and give Vince the nod, but because Bush won in such a landslide I do not see them awarding it to Vince.

I think if they are going to take the Heisman away, they should just vacate it for that year. As much as I hate to admit it, because he is a real dooshbag for what he did, he should probably get to keep it. What he did off the field didn't have a thing to do with him playing and what he did on the field that year, and he was the best player that season.

ccmike9
"Yeah... the fact that Vince was transcendent that year... rushing for over 1000, passing for over 3000... number 1 or 2 in passing efficiency and on the biggest stage with the brightest lights against a "team for the ages," Vince led his team to victory in what is regarded as one of the greatest college football games played...

Mack was simply asked a question and he responded truthfully. How dare he not engage in coachspeak. How dare he stand up for his players and former players!"

This ^^^

SoonerAtKU
I don't have any problem with Vince Young getting the trophy that year. He was the better player on the better team and he would have won it outright but for ESPN and their antics regarding the Greatest Team Ever.

I also don't have a problem with Mack saying that Vince deserves it, because Bush and USC cheated. It would be nice to hear ESPN come out and say what part they played in the whole thing, but that'd never happen.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 09:52 AM
Mack could make tender love to Matthew McConneghey while choking a child hooker and Lid would give it a positive slant.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 09:53 AM
I'll agree with Mack and Lid when they start campaigning for us to retroactively get #8 for the same dumb reason.

And no..I don't want it, just making a point.

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 09:54 AM
What a
http://www.prestoimages.net/store/graphics02/648_pd204471_1.jpg

http://shopping.syncweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/brown-paper-sack.jpg

Yeah... the fact that Vince was transcendent that year... rushing for over 1000, passing for over 3000... number 1 or 2 in passing efficiency and on the biggest stage with the brightest lights against a "team for the ages," Vince led his team to victory in what is regarded as one of the greatest college football games played...

Mack was simply asked a question and he responded truthfully. How dare he not engage in coachspeak. How dare he stand up for his players and former players!

And we hear from another one :rolleyes:

Mississippi Sooner
8/31/2010, 09:55 AM
Mack really needs to go into politics. He seems to love shoveling **** more than coaching football.

OUmillenium
8/31/2010, 09:55 AM
Fumbles McScramble = 6

fwsooner22
8/31/2010, 09:58 AM

What you say is true about Vince, but the trophy was awarded PRIOR to that performance. That's why there is no way to go back and fix this.

If Mack is right then we get the real Trophy and I want NO part of that.

Leave it to ** to want awards they didn't earn. You can't fix wrongs after they have happened. If you want to benefit from the chaos of Reggie Bush's world then you are a part of Reggie Bush's world.

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 10:02 AM

http://onewhitetree.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/crybaby-12.jpg

Hot Rod
8/31/2010, 10:07 AM
Texas: Home of the *

Mjcpr
8/31/2010, 10:09 AM
What are scrupples?

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2010, 10:11 AM
Maybe a team that USC beat that year had only five wins, so should we give them 6 and redo a bowl game? Maybe Reggie Bush faked out a Arizona player and made him tear an ACL, should the NCAA reward him a new ligament? Mack never ceases to amaze us with his entitlement issues.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2010, 10:12 AM
What are scrupples?

deez nuts!!!

KantoSooner
8/31/2010, 10:14 AM
It is the left over from a hideous meat/meat jelly product called scrapple favored in the valleys of eastern PA.
Scrupple is made from scrapple scraps and consists almost 100% of lightly pigmented meat jelly which melts into a delicioius pork brine flavored slurry when hot fried eggs are placed on top.
Excellent for those who really NEED that extra cholesterol.

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 10:20 AM
What are scrupples?
Come on Pat...you know :gary:

Herr Scholz
8/31/2010, 10:27 AM
I'll agree with Mack and Lid when they start campaigning for us to retroactively get #8 for the same dumb reason.

Nah, that one should go to Auburn. ;)

btk108
8/31/2010, 10:33 AM
Thank you, Mack, for giving us something else to laugh at it besides your yellow teeth.

TexasLidig8r
8/31/2010, 10:55 AM

You gave up you right to No. 8 when your team quit against usc.

And for the record, I believe the Heisman trust should make an example of Bush and revoke it. .. and then, just leave it vacant for that year.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 10:56 AM
Exactly how 99% of us actually feel about getting an MNC for a game that didn't happen! lol

Hot Rod
8/31/2010, 10:57 AM
And for the record, I believe the Heisman trust should make an example of Bush and revoke it. .. and then, just leave it vacant for that year.

I completely agree!

SoonerAtKU
8/31/2010, 11:02 AM
Exactly how 99% of us actually feel about getting an MNC for a game that didn't happen! lol

Yup, if anything, there should be no champion that year. Auburn didn't earn it, and neither did the Sooners.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:04 AM
Yup, if anything, there should be no champion that year. Auburn didn't earn it, and neither did the Sooners.

And SUC bought it.

fwsooner22
8/31/2010, 11:37 AM
Nah, that one should go to Auburn. ;)

Of course

but don't forget ** cuz we are Texas......

swardboy
8/31/2010, 11:39 AM
Texas sucks.

Dio
8/31/2010, 12:51 PM

Yeah, and maybe they can carve the football into a little asterisk before they give it to Fumbles McScramble.

:rolleyes: X20 back atcha

yukonsooner
8/31/2010, 01:41 PM
. What he did off the field didn't have a thing to do with him playing and what he did on the field that year, and he was the best player that season.

I disagree. Not having to worry about anything other that playing football gave him a big advantage over other players.

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 01:44 PM
When the game was on the line, Reggie Bush was on the sideline. What does that tell you?

VINCE YOUNG: 2005 HEISMAN TROPHY WINNAR*

*sorta

oumartin
8/31/2010, 02:39 PM
Bama has already claimed the title USC won that year.

PalmBeachSooner
8/31/2010, 02:53 PM

It's his propensity for whining that makes this look more egregious than it really is.

This is from the Bleacher Report:

"Did you ever notice that, more often than not, Mack Brown is on tour towards the end of the season?

No, he's doesn't have a rock-a-billy band side-project going on.

He is out touring the country, telling any one who will listen about how little Ol' Texas gets no respect. About how other teams aren't worthy of BCS consideration but his Longhorns sure are special.

He whines about conference championships. He cries about tie breakers. He begs for BCS bids.

He prostitutes himself out across the airwaves for the University of Texas while bidding a loud "Adios amigo!" to his dignity.

A coach trying to lobby for better bowl destinations for his team is something we live with but someone doing it by selling out whatever self-respect they have left is just sad.

Somebody please give me a reasonable explanation as to why Mack can give an essay on how tie-breaker rules should only count head-to-head match-ups, but, bring up Texas Tech, and all of the sudden he is like a Teamster boss in front of congress. Nothing but silence.

Mack, please do us all a favor and when Oklahoma goes to the Big 12 Championship Game again this year, stay home for the holidays with your family.

Then again, maybe it's his family who is encouraging him to leave the house so often. I could see that.

I wouldn't want him crying all over my shoulder and ruining Christmas."

Harry Beanbag
8/31/2010, 03:06 PM
It is the left over from a hideous meat/meat jelly product called scrapple favored in the valleys of eastern PA.
Scrupple is made from scrapple scraps and consists almost 100% of lightly pigmented meat jelly which melts into a delicioius pork brine flavored slurry when hot fried eggs are placed on top.
Excellent for those who really NEED that extra cholesterol.

My buddy from New Jersey swears this stuff is awesome. I don't believe him.

TexasLidig8r
8/31/2010, 03:11 PM
You're quoting "Bleacher Report" as a credible source?

Really?

Bleacher Report is simply a blog by a ruhtard with his mommy's computer access.

Bleacher Report? Really? :rolleyes:

SoonerAtKU
8/31/2010, 03:15 PM
It's worse than that, even. It's like someone collected every post on a message board like this one that went over 150 words and published them as "articles".

Bleh.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 03:33 PM

I'll go along with Lid on the fact that it is perfectly acceptable for Mack to speak up for his player. If Stoops did it (and I think he would) none of us would complain.

Suppose Vince wants the trophy but doesn't get it because his own coach spoke against it. That would be extraordinarily unfair.

And Vince did finish second, so I can see the argument for him getting the Heisman.

However, Vince's performance in the bowl game should not be a factor, since it doesn't factor into the regular Heisman voting. The Heisman is given to the outstanding athlete up to the time that the voting takes place, not after.

btk108
8/31/2010, 03:35 PM
I'll go along with Lid

Imagine that.....

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 03:42 PM
Hmmm... sounds like someone is knocking my fondness for the Sooners. Not cool.

olevetonahill
8/31/2010, 04:12 PM
Hmmm... sounds like someone is knocking my fondness for the:texan: . Not cool.

FIFY

TexasLidig8r
8/31/2010, 04:46 PM
The Heisman is given to the quarterback or running back who has a good last game bolstering his statistics right before the voting takes place, not after.

Had to just tidy that up a bit there.

The Theesman is a joke.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 04:50 PM
FIFY

You're one of the few that probably has been a fan of the Sooners longer than I have. Not so sure about btk.

PalmBeachSooner
8/31/2010, 06:32 PM
You're quoting "Bleacher Report" as a credible source?

Really?

Bleacher Report is simply a blog by a ruhtard with his mommy's computer access.

Bleacher Report? Really? :rolleyes:

Point is it's true, no matter what the source is.

Oh, and for the record I wouldn't have a problem if they awarded the Heisman to the black jesus.

goingoneight
8/31/2010, 07:00 PM
However, Vince's performance in the bowl game should not be a factor, since it doesn't factor into the regular Heisman voting. The Heisman is given to the outstanding athlete up to the time that the voting takes place, not after.

Which is one of the many things wrong with the game. Awards shows are conveniently placed the week after the regular season, before the actual season is actually over with. I mean, if we made a BCS Title game to eliminate bowl-losers from claiming titles, why are we succumbing to ratings when it comes to other awards? I think everybody wondered about who was better, but nobody questioned it since the Rose Bowl. Same for Heupel versus Weinke.

It is what it is, though. Logic doesn't matter to the higher ups, nor apparently the fans when it comes to college football.

Leroy Lizard
8/31/2010, 07:09 PM
Which is one of the many things wrong with the game. Awards shows are conveniently placed the week after the regular season, before the actual season is actually over with. I mean, if we made a BCS Title game to eliminate bowl-losers from claiming titles, why are we succumbing to ratings when it comes to other awards? I think everybody wondered about who was better, but nobody questioned it since the Rose Bowl. Same for Heupel versus Weinke.

It is what it is, though. Logic doesn't matter to the higher ups, nor apparently the fans when it comes to college football.

Logic: Handing out awards post-bowl is a huge advantage for those players who play for teams that go to bowl games. Giving out the Heisman before the bowl game pretty much eliminates those players who play for weak teams from contention.

The response is, of course, that Heisman winners typically always play for bowl teams. But why entrench the unfairness even further?

One more thing: Historically, bowl games are not really part of the season -- they're exhibition games played as rewards to the players. For a long time, bowl stats were not even included as official season statistics (which I think is the correct approach). But that all changed some years ago.

A Sooner in Texas
8/31/2010, 07:12 PM
They could just award Kim Kardashian to VY, since Reggie's done using her.

Wouldn't it be pretty meaningless now to award the Heisman now to Vince, or anyone for that matter? It's like, "You weren't quite good enough in the voters' eyes to win it in the first place, but now that it's tainted it's all yours."

And I'm not saying VY wasn't good enough that year to win it, because he was...that year and that year alone.