PDA

View Full Version : The Maestro Returneth

The Maestro
8/31/2010, 07:32 AM
I've been on soonerfans.com as RedontheHead, Ambassador of Red and now The Maestro for some ten years now...and although life is busier than it ever has been with a house full of kids and a wife to provide for and take care of, it is always great to return this time of year. The season opener is special...from my dad surprising me with tickets before the UCLA game in 1986 so I could watch the defending champs take the field, to my first game as a student at OU when hope was high after a 73-3 whoopin' of New Mexico State, to Sam, Jermaine, Trent and Gerald returning to get that elusive title. As we know, it doesn't always turn out the way we hope or plan, but it is still a special time to get excited.

The new shirts are ordered...the hot links and slaw dogs will be ready to go...and we begin a new journey with our beloved Sooners.

I look forward to another season of talking smack, blaming coaches, and hopefully watching OU roll to number 8 with you guys!

Now, in the words of Mills Lane, "LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!"

CatfishSooner
8/31/2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome back!

soonersam
8/31/2010, 07:37 AM
You got me choked up... I miss you Meastro!!

Soonermagik
8/31/2010, 08:15 AM
Never heard of ya. ;)

KantoSooner
8/31/2010, 08:19 AM
Que the music. Wagner. Scares the Hell out of them.

Soonerus
8/31/2010, 08:43 AM
Boomer Sooner Maestro...

SunnySooner
8/31/2010, 09:00 AM
Well said. It is a journey, huh? We live week to week, holding our breath when Landry or Ryan take a hard hit--are they ok? My Sunday mood is a direct result of Saturday's results. There will be joy, laughter, fear, and tears, and that's all before half-time. Best sport EVAR, and I'm so happy I was Sooner Born!!! Woohoo, it's time for football, I don't know how we survive so long without it, the season goes by in a blink of an eye, so enjoy it, everybody, and here's to a swaggerin', Sooner Magic, injury-free, hard-hitting, high-scoring, well-disciplined team that makes us all forget the horrors of last year--the pain we suffered then will make this year's successes all that much sweeter...BOOMER!!!!!

Oh, and welcome back! ;)

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 09:10 AM
That was a fantastic post.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2010, 09:44 AM
I've been on soonerfans.com as RedontheHead, Ambassador of Red and now The Maestro for some ten years now...and although life is busier than it ever has been with a house full of kids and a wife to provide for and take care of, it is always great to return this time of year. The season opener is special...from my dad surprising me with tickets before the UCLA game in 1986 so I could watch the defending champs take the field, to my first game as a student at OU when hope was high after a 73-3 whoopin' of New Mexico State, to Sam, Jermaine, Trent and Gerald returning to get that elusive title. As we know, it doesn't always turn out the way we hope or plan, but it is still a special time to get excited.

The new shirts are ordered...the hot links and slaw dogs will be ready to go...and we begin a new journey with our beloved Sooners.

I look forward to another season of talking smack, blaming coaches, and hopefully watching OU roll to number 8 with you guys!

Now, in the words of Mills Lane, "LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!"

how do you change your name?

Scott D
8/31/2010, 10:11 AM
in the past it's because the board morphed multiple times. Now I think you have to ask an admin and bribe Dean.

adoniijahsooner
8/31/2010, 10:13 AM
in the past it's because the board morphed multiple times. Now I think you have to ask an admin and bribe Dean.

I accidently misspelled my name when I first joined, and that extra 'I' has been bothering me ever since.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 10:43 AM
I screwed mine up too. It was supposed to be "Dave" but I musta been drunk and had a typo.

btk108
8/31/2010, 11:09 AM
Well said. It is a journey, huh? We live week to week, holding our breath when Landry or Ryan take a hard hit--are they ok? My Sunday mood is a direct result of Saturday's results. There will be joy, laughter, fear, and tears, and that's all before half-time. Best sport EVAR, and I'm so happy I was Sooner Born!!! Woohoo, it's time for football, I don't know how we survive so long without it, the season goes by in a blink of an eye, so enjoy it, everybody, and here's to a swaggerin', Sooner Magic, injury-free, hard-hitting, high-scoring, well-disciplined team that makes us all forget the horrors of last year--the pain we suffered then will make this year's successes all that much sweeter...BOOMER!!!!!

Oh, and welcome back! ;)

not as good as the "Gentle Warrior", but you're getting close. :D

Have another Margarita.

Redshirt
8/31/2010, 11:19 AM
I thought the name'The Maestro' was already taken by some redheaded dude.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 11:21 AM
Have another Margarita.

Can I have 3? :D