PDA

View Full Version : Flu season be here

badger
8/30/2010, 07:39 PM
You ever feel so congested that you need to sneeze twice everytime you sneeze just cuz? That's me right now. Nothing but soup, day/ny-quil and orange juice mixed with sprite zero.

tried to play vidya, but it got too annoying after awhile. now trying sf.com. not nearly as annoying as vidya, cept there's some big secret that will be unveiled tomorrow and a tebow thread on the first page of the sooner football board. wtf...

so anyway, beware the flu bug, fellow sooner fans. if you think you don't give an eff now, wait till you're so congested that nothing processes like it should. suddenly, not giving an eff reaches an all-time high.

so anyways eff off, flu bug. you suck and i don't give an eff

:hot: <-- those who said more cowbell cured this are a bunch of lying liars. lies liessssssssssssss

badger
8/31/2010, 11:46 AM
oh dear, did I really type this last nite

SunnySooner
8/31/2010, 11:57 AM
Hope you're feeling better, Badg. As the mom of a little kid, we get just about every cold out there brought into the house via her grubbly little fingers, and we've found that if you take the zinc (Cold-eez, prolly a Walmart brand out there as well) lozenges at the first sign of a sore throat or sniffle, they really do ward off the worst of it. I know the flu is something entirely different, you have to go in for anti-viral meds, and they only work if you take them the first day or so, but for a nasty cold, we just keep those lozenges stocked, and choke back 4 or 5 on that first day. They taste like cherry flavored dirt, but it's worth it to avoid a bad cold. I haven't had a full blown cold since we started using these, and I used to be sick all the time from the kids. I recommend them to everyone, if you haven't tried them, they won't hurt you, and they might help you from all the misery of a nasty cold.

OK, that's my mommy lecture--really do hope you're better, being sick is teh suc.

Breadburner
8/31/2010, 12:19 PM
You have allergies....Rag weed is peaking right now.....

saucysoonergal
8/31/2010, 12:29 PM
A cold isn't the flu. You will know when you have the flu. ;)

badger
8/31/2010, 12:36 PM
They taste like cherry flavored dirt

Mmm, cherry dirt. Bet cherry dirt tastes better than the cough-up crap that I'm coughing up. Crap.

You have allergies....Rag weed is peaking right now.....
Nah, not allergies.

You will know when you have the flu.
I know that I have the flu. The office vaccines can't get here fast enough. I am dying here, and people around me are talking about their kid's evil fundraisers. Uggggggh. Time for another medication attempt!

NormanPride
8/31/2010, 02:18 PM
I am conveniently in Dallas and far from this infectious malady.

I will wash the sheets and comforter as soon as I return. And maybe the dogs as well... they need it regardless of impending illnesses.

saucysoonergal
8/31/2010, 02:21 PM
Get well!

soonerborn30
8/31/2010, 02:21 PM
I've found that Jack Daniel's usually helps in situations like this. Jack Daniel's and lots of cigarettes.

YWIA