PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Netflix through a PS3

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 03:27 PM
I've got ATT DSL Pro which is about 3 mbps...Just wondering if I need to up my DSL service to get adequate quality or if the Pro will work....

Anybody got some input on this?

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 03:48 PM
I've got ATT DSL Pro which is about 3 mbps...Just wondering if I need to up my DSL service to get adequate quality or if the Pro will work....

Anybody got some input on this?

W/ cox I am running about 3.5 downstream and .4 upstream and it works like a charm on my PS3

SoonerJack
8/30/2010, 03:48 PM
hmm. Unfortunately no input. We use timewarner and it works quite well at their standard rate.

We probably use Netflix streaming more than we use regular tv. It's awesome.

1890MilesToNorman
8/30/2010, 04:01 PM
I would think that's enough STEP, your bandwidth is the same as mine and I stream several videyas at once to the laptop. I don't have a PS3 but that don't matter.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks...I tried to call you saturday night 1890, but you didn't answer

1890MilesToNorman
8/30/2010, 04:07 PM
On Vet's phone? I answered the second time but couldn't talk due to horizontal bopping kindof stuff was on the agenda.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah...if you can't talk and bop at the same time, I can teach a class on it

1890MilesToNorman
8/30/2010, 04:17 PM
I can do it but I don't think she would want to hear you drunks in the background talkin bout Timmy T and Boomer bite'n you in the ***. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 04:20 PM
probably not...especially collier...

1890MilesToNorman
8/30/2010, 04:21 PM
It just dawned on me I could of put everyone on speaker phone and both sides would have been happy.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 06:16 PM
I can do it but I don't think she would want to hear you drunks in the background talkin bout Timmy T and Boomer bite'n you in the ***. :D

That woulda been the highlight of her night. :P

oumartin
8/30/2010, 06:43 PM
We have the basic dsl service with ATT(at least i think it's basic cuz it dang sure isn't all that fast) but it streams just fine through our ps3 90 percent of the time. On occassion we have small streaming issues but not in awhile.

Netflix on demand movie selection sucks though.

Lott's Bandana
8/30/2010, 06:48 PM
I have a zillion bazooglebytes coming down from my friendly Cox tron-pusher so I can't relate, however I will chime in and state:

Netflix on PS3 is serious FTW!!!1

badger
8/30/2010, 07:00 PM
the big losers still make you use a disc to stream it. stick with netflix on 360 until this dealio ends.

yermom
8/30/2010, 10:49 PM
at least it's free on PS3, you have to pay for loser XBox live to stream Netflix don't you?

oumartin
8/31/2010, 12:18 AM
We streamed Christine last night through the ps3. I always remembered that being a scary show growing up so I talked my 14 year old into watching it.

not only is it not scary but I never recalled all the foul language. So as a father every time they would reference a female body part it just made me a tad uneasy.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 12:27 AM
You think that's bad? My 15 year old daughter was here when I watched Antichrist...Yeah, the one with the full frontal erect dick shot and female genital mutilation. Yeah...That's WAY more uneasy. On a positive note, she was smart enough to enjoy the movie.

badger
9/1/2010, 07:56 AM
So Xbox just announced that their Xbox Live prices are going up. Wonder if PS3 is gonna start charging people a subscription fee to get access to Netflix also (you have to be a Live subscriber to use Netflix on Xbox 360)

SanJoaquinSooner
9/1/2010, 08:17 AM
You think that's bad? My 15 year old daughter was here when I watched Antichrist...Yeah, the one with the full frontal erect dick shot and female genital mutilation. Yeah...That's WAY more uneasy. On a positive note, she was smart enough to enjoy the movie.

I presume you watched it on Xbox.

BudSooner
9/1/2010, 12:52 PM
So Xbox just announced that their Xbox Live prices are going up. Wonder if PS3 is gonna start charging people a subscription fee to get access to Netflix also (you have to be a Live subscriber to use Netflix on Xbox 360)

Alas, you are still trying to ride that dead horse of a console....heh!
I doubt Sony will charge a fee and if they do then it might be a small one, Microsoft wants to rape and pillage to get that last penny from all of you poor souls.

And did I mention that the PS3 has BlueRay support?:D :D :D :D :D

360? It does Halo quite well, if yer into that cult of a game....though I did enjoy Left4Dead a helluva lot!:D

badger
9/1/2010, 04:58 PM
Alas, you are still trying to ride that dead horse of a console....heh!
I doubt Sony will charge a fee and if they do then it might be a small one, Microsoft wants to rape and pillage to get that last penny from all of you poor souls.

And did I mention that the PS3 has BlueRay support?:D :D :D :D :D

360? It does Halo quite well, if yer into that cult of a game....though I did enjoy Left4Dead a helluva lot!:D

Save your fanboyism for someone that doesn't have both a PS3 and a 360. We also have both DS and PSP, so we have that one covered too if you decide to go there.

360's Live is better than PSN's thingie. Yes, I did the little beachhouse avatar jumping on the coach and walked around the fountain pond with the little virtual city with my realistically boring avatar. Sometimes, being cartoony and not as lifelike as possible is better, and in the case of this online vidya thing, it is.

Long story short, PS3 is not the console for multiplayer, not only because Live > PSN, but also because everyone is on 360, so you have to go with what your friends have if you want to play games with them. The PS3 has turned into a BluRay player for us, not a video game console. But, it's good at that, so there you go.

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 05:45 PM
You can get Netflix Movies on your IPhone now.

All that other shiot is fer couch locked pot smoking slackers. :D ;)

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 06:24 PM
Does that mean I should rush out and buy the other shiot?

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 06:33 PM
yes....lol

Crucifax Autumn
9/1/2010, 06:41 PM
Oddly, I can't remember the last time I sat on my couch.

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 06:43 PM
Me either....The bed is wear I do my best work.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2010, 09:27 PM
you **** your bed?

StoopTroup
9/1/2010, 09:43 PM
If she's hawt and asks nice i might.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/1/2010, 09:53 PM
I **** and **** the bed....daily

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 12:16 AM
Update,

equipment works fine, well worth the 9 bucks a month..watching some bugs bunny on it now