PDA

View Full Version : Saw Archie Bradley at Trojan Preview

CobraKai
8/30/2010, 01:59 PM
Personally I don't think we will see him any time soon, but he is the real deal. I saw him scrimmage Enid at the Trojan Preview on Friday. He put on a clinic once he got warmed up. He was a little slow getting started, but after a few series he was throwing all over the place. He had one TD where he rolled out and threw a beautiful pass from about the 50. He was not able to set his feet and the ball hit his WR in the hands right at the goal line.

prrriiide
8/30/2010, 02:39 PM
I'll bite...who's Archie Bradley?

sooner518
8/30/2010, 02:44 PM
hes a QB commit for us... supposedly a hugely talented baseball player but hes committed to play football for us

soonerguild
8/30/2010, 02:57 PM
Hes actually said he will play both football and baseball for us, now before everyone goes all bob doesn't let people play both, A) he is the second qb in our class, and B) from what I read he is going to get drafted in the top 5 in baseball so it is a not an issue anyway unless he pulls a Matt Purke on us.

prrriiide
8/30/2010, 03:36 PM
Hes actually said he will play both football and baseball for us, now before everyone goes all bob doesn't let people play both, A) he is the second qb in our class, and B) from what I read he is going to get drafted in the top 5 in baseball so it is a not an issue anyway unless he pulls a Matt Purke on us.

So there's a good chance that he does a Strasburg and we never see him on campus?

CobraKai
8/30/2010, 04:08 PM
So there's a good chance that he does a Strasburg and we never see him on campus?

Someone on the other board said he spoke to his dad and was told they are 99% sure he will sign with MLB. He is projected as a first rounder.
Hopefully that guy is wrong/making stuff up.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/30/2010, 04:24 PM

Uuhhh... Strasburg went to college.

Leroy Lizard
8/30/2010, 04:37 PM

What is Stoops' position on this? I remember Switzer letting Glen Sullivan play both sports.

tulsaoilerfan
8/30/2010, 06:30 PM
Bradley is a stud baseball player and if i was him i would take the first round money and run; if he washes out he can always pull a Weinke

prrriiide
8/30/2010, 09:31 PM

OK. LeBron. Satisfied? http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/945098.jpg

Tigeman
8/30/2010, 10:17 PM
He was on the Elite 11 show on ESPiN Saturday.... they asked him that question. He said he is committed to play football for OU, and he has no intentions on going back on his word. They said, "so are you giving a guarantee that you'll be playing football for OU and not leaving straight to MLB?", and he said yes!

So take it for what it's worth. He sure went out of his way to make the point though.

OU-HSV
8/30/2010, 10:36 PM
He was on the Elite 11 show on ESPiN Saturday.... they asked him that question. He said he is committed to play football for OU, and he has no intentions on going back on his word. They said, "so are you giving a guarantee that you'll be playing football for OU and not leaving straight to MLB?", and he said yes!

So take it for what it's worth. He sure went out of his way to make the point though.

Well money talks...and I really wouldn't blame him for going for the money. It all depends on what he wants obviously and what's best for him and his family.

I plan to go to a few B.A. game this year anyway to see what he can do.

Harry Beanbag
8/30/2010, 10:46 PM
Why doesn't Rivals show him as a commit?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/player-Archie-Bradley-84596

tommieharris91
8/31/2010, 01:25 AM

You're thinking of Joe Mauer.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/31/2010, 12:55 PM
OK. LeBron. Satisfied? http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/945098.jpg

Uuhhh... LeBron plays basketball. :D

Pricetag
8/31/2010, 12:58 PM
How about pulling a Matt Holiday?

PalmBeachSooner
8/31/2010, 01:03 PM

San Diego State

Mad Dog Madsen
8/31/2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah I know...

badger
8/31/2010, 01:10 PM
He could also pull a Weeden - go to the MLB, then get your education paid for as you return for college football. While I love that he's guaranteeing that he'll be a Sooner football player, I would rather he do what is best for himself and his family, and if Landry decides to stay another season, or Blake Bell/Drew Allen turn out to be the greatest ever after Landry leaves, it might be best for the kid (love the name "Archie" btw) to try his hand at MLB first.