PDA

View Full Version : OU stat leaders for 2010

stoopified
8/29/2010, 01:50 PM
Leadung rusher- Murray around 1200 yards and 10 TDs,I also think we will have at least one other back with at least 700 yards,I just don't see Murray being an AD type workhorse.

Leading reciever -Broyles with about 75 catches for over 1,000 yds,12 or so TDs.I also think Stills WILL deliver with around 50 catches,700 yards and double digit TDs.Murray will also get 30+ catches.I think OUr starting TE will get around 20 catches this year but I have no idea who that will be.

Passing -Landry (barring injury)-will complete over 60% of his passes for 3500 yards,32 TDs and 12 ints.While ints will only drop by 2,I think Landry will throw more passes than last year,in the end interception rate will be lower.

Kicking - Boy that is the $6,000,000 question. I'm going to guess Stevens...make that Hunnicut,....I mean O'Hara....or some other as yet unamed foot. I just hope we can be consistent within 40 yards and hit at least 50 % outside 40.I have modest hopes.

Tackles - I'm thinking Wort with 100+,assuming he is the starting MIKE,if not,Travis Lewis will lead the team AGAIN.

Interceptions- I'm thinking Nelson who is OUr most versatile DB with the ability to move between S and CB.

Sacks -no brainer I think Beal will cement his reputation as one of OUr all time best pass rushers with around 15 sacks.

If we do play up to my expectations we will have a shot at #8.

JLEW1818
8/29/2010, 02:12 PM
i remember DM first game as a sooner.

5 TDS against UNT

5 against Utah State would not be a bad start :D

BillyBall
8/29/2010, 03:39 PM
10 tds for Demarco Murray is way too low in my opinion...

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 04:40 PM
He'll double that at least!

stoopified
8/29/2010, 08:23 PM
He'll double that at least!He only had 8 last year and I'm not completely convinced he is going to have a monster season.Add to that the fact we have two big fullback types who could be used in goaline situations and I just don't see big TD numbers for DM.Even at that I DO think he wil score another 3-4 TDs recieving .IF Murray scores 13 TDs this year,he will pass Owens (57 TDs) with a career total of 58.

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 09:22 PM
I think your right with the 1200 yrds. I do think he will have a little more than 10TD's. I don't think Millard will be our go to back at the goal line. We rarely use our FB's to run the ball. Maybe some short-yardage back in the flat type of plays. Murray will get the bid on the goal line.

I can't step out on that ledge just yet with Wort > 100 tackles. I think he will be very good, but I can't pass up on our 2 year straight tackle leader in T. Lewis.

stoopified
8/30/2010, 10:17 AM
I know that we haven't used our fbs in the past on short yardage and goalline situations BUT I think Millard and Musil will be used BECAUSE we have not been good in those scenarios. I think this will change this year with increased use of the FB,then again I've been thinking that since JD's sophomore year.I just think giving DM's injury issues I think we use the M&M boys for heavy lifting.

BTW I do understand your thinking on Travis ,I just have a gut feeling about Wort

NormanPride
8/30/2010, 10:36 AM
Stoops has said that Millard will get the ball. He's 250 and runs a 4.5... I want him to get the damn ball, too!

Oh, and Travis is a virtual lock at leading tackler. He's featured in our D packages, and the Will always cleans up in our scheme.

KantoSooner
8/30/2010, 11:06 AM
Wort and R. Lewis will vie for the new stat of 'opposing players killed by blunt force impact'. I'm thinking 1 for Wort, 2 for Lewis.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 11:29 AM
NP has it right on with T. Lewis being the leading tackler...WLB is gonna get a bunch no matter what...

soonerborn30
8/30/2010, 11:34 AM
Wort and R. Lewis will vie for the new stat of 'opposing players killed by blunt force impact'. I'm thinking 1 for Wort, 2 for Lewis.

Damn, you beat me to nearly the exact same post.

Except mine was "Bowel-clearing hits"

soonerborn30
8/30/2010, 11:35 AM
oops. double post. :O

NormanPride
8/30/2010, 11:53 AM
NP has it right on with T. Lewis being the leading tackler...WLB is gonna get a bunch no matter what...

Last year Carter was close, wasn't he? Hopefully he'll have his hands clean this year. I hate seeing safeties make a ton of tackles, unless they're glorified linebackers like Roy was.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 12:07 PM
20 tackles or so difference between the 2...That being said, T Lewis is not playing behind a player the caliber of G McCoy this year, so he might not even have the year he did last

PalmBeachSooner
8/30/2010, 01:56 PM
Stoops has said that Millard will get the ball. He's 250 and runs a 4.5... I want him to get the damn ball, too!

Oh, and Travis is a virtual lock at leading tackler. He's featured in our D packages, and the Will always cleans up in our scheme.

Gundy said he wouldn't. Millard's job is to lead the back into the hole. If he had two Millard's then maybe he would get a carry.

"If we had two Trey Millards, maybe we'd stick one back there to carry the ball. But we don't," Gundy said. "You've got to have a fullback go hit somebody first."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at :

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100830_92_B5_Positi523222

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 01:58 PM
JD Runnels was gonna get carries, Matt Clapp, etc...Fullbacks will not get carries at OU

NormanPride
8/30/2010, 02:07 PM
I don't remember Stoops ever saying that Runnels would get carries. I remember Wilson pandering to fans saying that he might, but I don't think Stoops has ever come out and said "we want this fullback to carry the ball".

And I think we're going to scheme our DTs differently this year (not as much penetration) in order to keep people off the linebackers. I know Travis needs that, because I think he's still getting blocked by some fool from Stanford.

stoopified
1/3/2011, 05:19 PM
Leadung rusher- Murray around 1200 yards and 10 TDs,I also think we will have at least one other back with at least 700 yards,I just don't see Murray being an AD type workhorse.

Leading reciever -Broyles with about 75 catches for over 1,000 yds,12 or so TDs.I also think Stills WILL deliver with around 50 catches,700 yards and double digit TDs.Murray will also get 30+ catches.I think OUr starting TE will get around 20 catches this year but I have no idea who that will be.

Passing -Landry (barring injury)-will complete over 60% of his passes for 3500 yards,32 TDs and 12 ints.While ints will only drop by 2,I think Landry will throw more passes than last year,in the end interception rate will be lower.

Kicking - Boy that is the $6,000,000 question. I'm going to guess Stevens...make that Hunnicut,....I mean O'Hara....or some other as yet unamed foot. I just hope we can be consistent within 40 yards and hit at least 50 % outside 40.I have modest hopes.

Tackles - I'm thinking Wort with 100+,assuming he is the starting MIKE,if not,Travis Lewis will lead the team AGAIN.

Interceptions- I'm thinking Nelson who is OUr most versatile DB with the ability to move between S and CB.

Sacks -no brainer I think Beal will cement his reputation as one of OUr all time best pass rushers with around 15 sacks.

If we do play up to my expectations we will have a shot at #8.WEll I was real close on Murray's rushing yards and close on Stills. woefully underestimated Landry and Broyles.