SanJoaquinSooner
8/29/2010, 04:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

This.

That...

Those

Sooner24
8/29/2010, 09:25 PM
If you live in San Antonio, Houston, Austin or the DFW area it is not to late to get some Hatch chiles and Hatch products.

http://www.centralmarket.com/

C&CDean
8/29/2010, 09:44 PM
I used to drive through Hatch several times a year. Actually, I've driven through there a couple times this year. In season, we always pick up some chiles. Out of season, we go to the walmarts where they actually now sell Hatch chiles. Hatch chiles are goooood.

unbiasedtruth
8/29/2010, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Sooner24;2934033]If you live in San Antonio, Houston, Austin or the DFW area it is not to late to get some Hatch chiles and Hatch products.

^^^^^^ this and the local Albertsons. ^^^^^^^

btk108
8/29/2010, 11:05 PM
Hatch chiles are freakin awesome. b-i-l makes a trip to NM every year to get a burlap sack full of roasted one....then freezes 'em to last throughout the year.

Albq brought some to the hoe down....had'em on the burgers and in the scrambled eggs....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sooner24
8/30/2010, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=Sooner24;2934033]If you live in San Antonio, Houston, Austin or the DFW area it is not to late to get some Hatch chiles and Hatch products.

^^^^^^ this and the local Albertsons. ^^^^^^^

They were roasting them right out front of the Central Market, in South Lake, yesterday and you could smell it all over. They also have infused the chiles into everything you can imagine, including gelato. I had the Mango Lime Hatch Sorbetto. Not to mention buying a large container of the fresh roasted Hatch chiles, the monterey jack cheese with Hatch peppers, the Hatch stuffed sausages and the Hatch pepper cheddar loaf.

http://www.centralmarket.com/Assets/PDF/HatchProductGuide.pdf

Now does Albertsons do all that? ;)

delhalew
8/30/2010, 12:20 AM
I want some. I would love to make a green sauce for chicken enchiladas from those.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:23 AM
I actually sat on a stack of peppers for a few hours earlier and not one of them hatched. I'm very disappointed.

Cheerin' 4 OU
8/30/2010, 03:38 AM
Arg! Crest on South May in OKC was roasting Hatch Chiles for free on Saturday and I totally missed it. I wonder if it's possible to still pick some up from there?

They had crazy cheap prices too.

pilobolus
8/30/2010, 10:19 AM
A lot of the chile sold around the US as being from Hatch isn't really, they just call it that. That's okay, all chile is good chile.

NormanPride
8/30/2010, 10:26 AM
They've got them in the Whole Foods in Tulsa. Fresh and pre-roasted. I would buy fresh and then roast them yourself, though...

soonerboomer93
8/30/2010, 11:38 AM
Hatch chiles are freakin awesome. b-i-l makes a trip to NM every year to get a burlap sack full of roasted one....then freezes 'em to last throughout the year.

Albq brought some to the hoe down....had'em on the burgers and in the scrambled eggs....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

My parents stock pile them. The longer they're in the freezer the hotter the chili gets. I think it's normally in there about a year before my mom breaks them out.