PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Utah State Tailgate Details

C&CDean
8/29/2010, 10:08 AM
Finally. We are officially inside of 1-week until kickoff of the 2010 National Chamionship run for our beloved Sooners, which means it's time to eat, drink, and make muy merry.

Time: The tailgate will begin at 1 pm, with food being served at 2:30 til kickoff. We will be there at ~9 am to begin set up if anyone would like to help.

Menu: Traditional. Burgers, dogs, Slovacek's sausages, beans, Walt's tater salad, assorted chips, etc. Please feel free to bring a dish that goes along with this menu. Also, desserts are always welcome.

Drinks: Assorted sodas, Gatorade, bottled water, Bud, Bud Lite, Bud Lite Lime, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Tecate, Pacifico, Dos Equis, Corona, Modelo, Newcastle Ale, Bitburger, and probably some others. We'll have a mini bar set up with assorted adult beverages.

Location: Northwest corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the parking lot on the West side of the Casa Blanca building (right by the Greek House). We're 1/2 block from Campus Corner, and 2 blocks to the stadium.

Ameneties: Shade, chairs, HD satellite TV with the ESPN College package, his and hers turlets, and a bunch of nice folks. If you wish to bring your own chair please do. You are welcome to leave it at the tailgate until after the game.

Cost: Zero. Zip. Zilch. Thanks to the very generous sponsors there is not any cost for attending the tailgate. That being said, the sponsorships do not come anywhere near fully supporting the tailgates. Therefore, if you would like to contribute to the cause there is a glass milk jug by the TV where you may leave a donation. You may also purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win several very cool OU related items that will be raffled off at the final tailgate of the year. Tickets are $5 per chance, and all funds go towards keeping the tailgates excellent.

Who is welcome: Everyone. SF.com posters, friends, family, and visiting team's fans. Just show up and enjoy yourself. If you're shy, just ask somebody "where is Dean?" and they'll point me out.

Parking: We still have a couple of season parking passes available, and we also have a few day-of-game passes. Season passes are $90 ($15 per game) and day-of-game passes are $20. If you plan on parking at the tailgate please arrive early enough or you probably won't get a spot.

Questions: If you have any questions, send me a PM or just reply to this post.

The Tailgate Nazi and I are looking forward to a great year of Sooner football and outstanding tailgating.

Soonerntxs
8/29/2010, 10:47 AM
We look forward to meeting you all & supporting this great group of new friends. Thanks for all you do, Ron & Kim Brasel

olevetonahill
8/29/2010, 11:01 AM
We got VET ready to start tailgating again lastnite, he is in prime drinking form again-C11

stoopified
8/29/2010, 11:10 AM
Now that we live in the metro I am hoping my wife,boys(Jason 3,Ryan 6), and I will be able to atend the Utah State tailgate.I hope so,it would be our first.Looking forward to putting some faces and screen names together.

soonersweetie
8/29/2010, 05:31 PM
Can't wait Dean! My dad, my sister and I will be there! And....it's my sister's bday! So I'm thinking of bringing a dessert of some sort.

See you Saturday!

Soonerwake
8/29/2010, 10:44 PM
I may get to sit at the tailgate and watch the game with you Dean. The surgically repaired achilles is not responding well. Does anyone know what the rules are for crutches inside the stadium? I checked soonersports.com and they don't appear to be prohibited.

Im ready for Saturday... Boomer!!!!!!!

delhalew
8/29/2010, 11:28 PM
I may get to sit at the tailgate and watch the game with you Dean. The surgically repaired achilles is not responding well. Does anyone know what the rules are for crutches inside the stadium? I checked soonersports.com and they don't appear to be prohibited.

I too, am considering watching the game at the tailgate, due to tightening my belt to uncomfortable levels.

Collier11
8/29/2010, 11:29 PM
Id say its pretty safe that they cannot disallow your crutches but I dont know for sure

setem
8/29/2010, 11:50 PM
LET'S ****ING RAGE!

BFS
8/30/2010, 07:15 AM
I'll see you at 0900 ready to rock-n-roll on the set up!

yankee
8/30/2010, 03:23 PM
there might be a yankee sighting.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 03:38 PM
Make sure you first timers make another game since I'm missing the first one

setem
8/30/2010, 03:43 PM
I thought all first timers had to clean the purt-a-turlets?

Collier11
8/30/2010, 03:48 PM
I thought that was your permanent job :D

1890MilesToNorman
8/30/2010, 03:48 PM
I gotta jes drop my tailgate here in Maine and envision myself there, lucky bastages. :mad:

Have fun everyone! and Vet, yer welcome to give me a drunk dial from the tailgate if'n ya want to. I'll make sure the battery is charged up.

setem
8/30/2010, 03:50 PM
Setem cleans no man or woman's doo doo!

Collier11
8/30/2010, 03:54 PM
not even his own

setem
8/30/2010, 04:13 PM
I pay someone to do that for me!

C&CDean
8/30/2010, 04:19 PM
Y'all quit gaying up the tailgate thread.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/30/2010, 04:21 PM
yeah...you guys gay'n up threads get on my nerves

Howzit
8/30/2010, 04:31 PM
Y'all quit gaying up the tailgate thread.

You posting in it isn't helping.

btk108
8/30/2010, 05:10 PM
Bazinga!

the_ouskull
8/30/2010, 05:39 PM
Erin Andrews.

If you gay it up now, it's 'cause you DIDN'T talk about the tailgate, or her. Oh, and if it's not either... you're busted...

the_ouskull

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
8/30/2010, 07:14 PM
I'll be there!!!! I'm gonna bring a big ole bowl of homemade guacamole so some one will need to bring lots o chips.....

Cant wiat for it to start!!!!!

Boomer

Shelia
8/30/2010, 09:31 PM
Spam deleted

olevetonahill
8/30/2010, 09:47 PM
Hey we even gonna have some SPAM .:D

setem
8/30/2010, 09:47 PM
Something's ****y here Randy!

dolemitesooner
8/31/2010, 07:50 AM
LMAO

yankee
8/31/2010, 08:03 AM
i bet shelia is HAWT.

soonermagicgirl
8/31/2010, 08:12 AM
okie dokie smokie

I will be there bright and early saturday to help set up!

Howzit
8/31/2010, 08:50 AM
Make sure you first timers make another game since I'm missing the first one

Can you at least send the Mrs?

btk108
8/31/2010, 10:18 AM

Major spek on this!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/31/2010, 04:42 PM

I have her busy that weekend also....or at least 2 minutes of it

btk108
8/31/2010, 04:46 PM
I have her busy that weekend also....or at least 2 minutes of it

heh.....what is she going to do with the other minute and a half?

Howzit
8/31/2010, 04:47 PM
heh.....what is she going to do with the other minute and a half?BOK

(boogie on keyboard)

Al Gore
8/31/2010, 06:48 PM
I will stop by if you have Michelob Ultra...

brigadeer
8/31/2010, 10:11 PM
Really looking forward to yet another season and the best tailgate in Norman!

SoonerPr8r
9/2/2010, 09:44 AM
This could be a reeeeeeely dumb question, but will you be playing the game on your fancy satellite TeeVee?

1890MilesToNorman
9/2/2010, 09:47 AM
I hear it will be tuned to the Flintstones marathon.

Howzit
9/2/2010, 10:10 AM
I hear it will be tuned to the Flintstones marathon.

Popeye.

Collier11
9/2/2010, 10:57 AM
Dude, where's my Car

SoonerE
9/2/2010, 02:21 PM
I think we will definitely stop by this time.

First timer!

Will have 3 of my kiddos with me. Can't wait to put some faces with screen names.

Almost Hammer time!!

BOOMER SOONER!!

soonermagicgirl
9/2/2010, 03:19 PM
I'm craving some of walt's famous tater salad......

olevetonahill
9/2/2010, 07:55 PM
Da OVJ is jarred up and waiting fer the TG ;)

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 08:34 PM
I think we will definitely stop by this time.

First timer!

Will have 3 of my kiddos with me. Can't wait to put some faces with screen names.

Almost Hammer time!!

BOOMER SOONER!!

Bring a football. More the merrier.

Soonerwake
9/2/2010, 08:40 PM
Da OVJ is jarred up and waiting fer the TG ;)

That makes me all warm inside.. :D

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 08:41 PM
That makes me all warm inside.. :D

You have no idea....lol :pop: :hot:

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2010, 08:42 PM
You have no idea....lol :pop: :hot:

Doleo does!

StoopTroup
9/2/2010, 08:45 PM
Doleo does!

Even Doleo might be surprised this year.

olevetonahill
9/2/2010, 09:12 PM
Even Doleo might be surprised this year.

I think folk gonna like the New and Improved version ;)

btk108
9/2/2010, 11:17 PM

smoooooooooooth....*cough, cough*

olevetonahill
9/2/2010, 11:19 PM
smoooooooooooth....*cough, cough*

I dont think you used enough Os in that ;)

Soonerwake
9/3/2010, 07:29 AM

I can't wait. New and improved OVJ, HD dish.... Wow, this is "The Year"!!

SoonerStormchaser
9/3/2010, 07:26 PM
Menu: Traditional. Burgers, dogs, Slovacek's sausages, beans, Walt's tater salad, assorted chips, etc. Please feel free to bring a dish that goes along with this menu. Also, desserts are always welcome.

I'm gonna make sure I get there early so I can get me some of Dean's hot sausage! :eek:

btk108
9/3/2010, 11:36 PM
I'm gonna make sure I get there early so I can get me some of Dean's hot sausage! :eek:

stop gheyin up the thread :D

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2010, 12:59 AM

Don't ask, don't tell...Captain. Or is it Major now?

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2010, 01:00 AM
I'm craving some of walt's famous tater salad......

Yo Walt!

Sam.England
9/4/2010, 03:36 AM
Have a great time at this and the game.... wish i could be there!!

Send me a postcard :D

StoopTroup
9/4/2010, 07:43 AM
Don't ever rty to drive to a game Sam unless you get one of these with OU all over it.

http://antisocialmediallc.com/themesdemo/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/red_car_boat-other.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
9/4/2010, 08:54 AM
Don't ask, don't tell...Captain. Or is it Major now?

Still a LT.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2010, 01:28 PM
Still a LT.

Here I had you getting a star next year...

looch
9/4/2010, 01:53 PM
Dying to get to the tailgate. One more hour...

birddog
9/4/2010, 05:50 PM
innnnn!!

GKeeper316
9/5/2010, 01:17 AM

its against the law to prohibit medical devices. just for future reference, anyway :)

Lott's Bandana
9/5/2010, 08:21 AM
The tailgate was again world-class and in mid-season form yesterday. Tremendous and multiple kudos to those that helped Dean and Momma put together a great time, on a beautiful afternoon in Norman.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/5/2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks! My niece fell in love with that pasta salad made with spaghetti noodles if anyone cares to share the recipe.

Okla-homey
9/5/2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks! My niece fell in love with that pasta salad made with spaghetti noodles if anyone cares to share the recipe.

My esposita made that. Check with her next Saturday. I think the hardest part is finding the spice mix. I believe its called "Salad Supreme."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/5/2010, 03:59 PM
My esposita made that. Check with her next Saturday. I think the hardest part is finding the spice mix. I believe its called "Salad Supreme."Will do. I ran out of time to make anything this week. I need to be thinking about what to do next week.

panhandlesooner
9/5/2010, 04:50 PM
Just got back home and want to let everyone know what a great time my grandson and I had! Thanks to all that made it possible...

Okla-homey
9/5/2010, 05:27 PM
Will do. I ran out of time to make anything this week. I need to be thinking about what to do next week.

Your pepper poppers are always a hit. just sayin'

StoopTroup
9/5/2010, 06:42 PM
We went through a substantial amount of juice too. Lots of folks got their daily allowance of Vitamin C.

soonerborn30
9/5/2010, 07:17 PM
Holy God that OVJ stuff is crazy. Thanks for the hospitality, everybody. I had fun.

Soonerwake
9/5/2010, 08:28 PM
its against the law to prohibit medical devices. just for future reference, anyway :)

Appreciate it. Since I am a stubborn mule, I hobbled all the way down there without the crutches. I am paying for it today. Oh well, at least I got to see the Sooners play their best on offense and defense yesterday. :mad:

MiccoMacey
9/5/2010, 08:56 PM
Re-met some old friends, and met some new ones (nice to meet you, Mr. Howzit).

TUSooner
9/5/2010, 09:04 PM

I am so sorry I missed you, SBSB.
Was very happy to see Dean, Norm, Howzit, & Homey, et familles, once again. (Tremendously sorry about the glassware Homester. It lived a good and valiant life, at least. Wish you had something better to remember me by, though. :( ) Glad to meet yermom, dolemite, olevet, Racer X and others whom the OVJ erased from my memory. How do you flavor that stuff, Howard, drop in a few chunks of charred oak? Worcestershire sauce? Dr. Pepper? Dried bat's blood? It doesn't taste bad, but kicks like 2 mules. :D
Love and kisses to all.

SoonerStormchaser
9/5/2010, 09:15 PM
Sorry I had to bail early...teh hawt wife wasn't feeling so hawt and got rather sick last night (no, not in that way Olevet, ya sick bastage)...so I missed quite a few of ya.

Might be back for the AF game...unless I get shipped out before then.

Howzit
9/5/2010, 10:31 PM
Was very happy to see Dean, Norm, Howzit, & Homey, et familles, once again. (Tremendously sorry about the glassware Homester. It lived a good and valiant life, at least. Wish you had something better to remember me by, though. :( ) Glad to meet yermom, dolemite, olevet, Racer X and others whom the OVJ erased from my memory. How do you flavor that stuff, Howard, drop in a few chunks of charred oak? Worcestershire sauce? Dr. Pepper? Dried bat's blood? It doesn't taste bad, but kicks like 2 mules. :D
Love and kisses to all.

So, as we walked up to Jr's first tailgate she said, "Soooo, you met all these people on the internet?"

:D

Jr really enjoyed meeting your daughter. Hopefully they will maintain contact. Good to see you after so long.

My proudest moment: vet introduced me to 75 as "the craziest bastard on any of the boards."

Boarder
9/5/2010, 11:18 PM
If the deadbeaterry continues, I foresee a tailgate haltage very soon.

RacerX
9/5/2010, 11:24 PM
If the deadbeaterry continues, I foresee a tailgate haltage very soon.

What are you talking about?

Boarder
9/5/2010, 11:26 PM
People partaking of the festivities and refreshments without chipping in (especially from outsiders) is beginning to wear on Mr and Mrs Dean.

colleyvillesooner
9/5/2010, 11:36 PM
:mad:

Soonerwake
9/5/2010, 11:43 PM
People partaking of the festivities and refreshments without chipping in (especially from outsiders) is beginning to wear on Mr and Mrs Dean.

There did seem to be a buttload of people there last night, alot more than usual. Are we having huge numbers of walkovers and passerbys stopping in or is it just we aren't pitching in enough? I know I had a couple of friends that stopped by, but I walked each of them to the jar and watched them throw money in. I make it a point that they start with a $20, and go from there.

What can we do to fix this, and quick?? I enjoy the tailgates and would hate to see them go away. :mad: :( :confused:

setem
9/6/2010, 12:11 AM
My BIL's buddies came by before the game. They are beer snobs and always have a cooler with what they think is the best beers on the planet and another cooler with cigars. I think someone got a freebie from one of them. I know my BIL puts in the jar and I do too. These TG's are a great time and I would hate to see them go away. Had a blast as usual!

SCOUT
9/6/2010, 01:24 AM
I am sorry to hear that. My Dad and I stopped by for about 10 minutes just to say hi. I bought 4 raffle tickets mostly because Homey convinced me too, you know how those lawyers are. Seriously though, I bought them because I think those tailgates are fantastic and should be continued. Granted, I have only been to three in the past....well, many years....but I think the concept is worth it.

I hope they continue and that I get the chance to attend more of them. My Dad's comments after we left sums up my feelings about the people here and at the tailgate pretty well. He said, "I was surprised by the diversity of the group and how everyone seemed to be friends with everyone else even when they were introducing themselves."

Oh, and I did take one small sample of the OVJ. I am impressed that something like that came from the shack :)

Thanks to everyone who provided such a wonderful venue.

MiccoMacey
9/6/2010, 01:18 PM
I came by with my two little girls, bought some raffle tickets, then left.

We came back after the game started with my BIL, but couldn't find any open seats. Our daughters drank a Capri Sun each. I don't think he bought any raffle tickets, but I wouldn't blame him since we left minutes after arriving.

I do agree though...if you partake you need to donate.

Okla-homey
9/6/2010, 03:01 PM
Just my opinion, but based on my observations over the past few years. IMHO, 90% of the folks in attendance do the right thing. It's that 10%, who weren't raised right, who are responsible for the deadbeatery. And as it happens, that 10% a$$hat group, are generally drinking more than the average person in attendance. Oh, and one more thing, many of the ten-percenters are tailgate "crashers."

I don't know how you fix it, short of mandatory admission fees w/wristbands or some such crapola, which I don't think most folks would appreciate.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 03:06 PM
Anytime you advertise something as free to anyone from the board or their friends and family, you are going to get free loaders unfortunately. Ive been to the TG 3 times just to visit, never taken any of the drink or food as I have my own at my own TG, most people dont act that way though

Hell, we have a keg at our TG and charge a mandatory $5 if you want a cup and we still have people with our group and complete strangers trying to "steal" the beer, some ppl are just that way

setem
9/6/2010, 03:29 PM
I remember last year my friend Ross(who bought a parking spot and will again this year) brought a friend(who was pretty queer I didnt like him) but Homey jumped his *** because he thought he was a freeloader using the ****ters. I have no problem with it(maybe we could be a tad nicer) but maybe we elect Homey TG visitor police.

He could go around once an hour and talk to a select group of folks he does not recognize and test the waters. Ask if they are a member of the forum? If they say no then ask if they are a guest of a member. If they say no then let them know their is a tip jar and that is how to TG's stay classy. There has to be someway we can police it.

What about a printable pass that can be worn around the neck or something. That way we can tell who is a member and who is not. Guests can point out who they are with and then it can be confirmed. KILL THE FREELOADERS!

Collier11
9/6/2010, 03:32 PM
if it was taken to that level id just go with stickers, much cheaper

setem
9/6/2010, 03:47 PM
I figured print at home would be easier on Deano and Lisa. I would even make and host the image. We could do this via PM that way it is not out there for all kinds of outsiders to view. Make a official thread where if you want the image the link can be sent to you and your membership is confirmed. I think when folks see there is a official ID for the tailgates a lot of the crashers will go away. If someone does bring guests they just print out a couple more passes and Sharpie in Setem's guest or what not. I also think it would make for a more comfy atmosphere because you can read who is who.

Collier11
9/6/2010, 03:50 PM
Like I said, I only show up to meet new people from the board and visit, ill leave those decisions up to the people who put in all the effort

setem
9/6/2010, 04:16 PM
I am not questioning anyone's reasons for attending. I just hate to see good people get screwed because someone wants something free and can't take the time/put forth a little effort to join the forum or drop a few dollars in the jar.

I hate that this has turned into a pissing contest. Who donates and how much? Who has parking spots and what not? I should not try to justify my attendance and neither should anyone else. If you make the the pot right then all should be good. I have been a member of this board for 4 years now and I have been coming to the TG's for 3. My sister, my BIL and her 2 boys have been attending for 3 as well. Last year my best friend began attending along with his father. We love the atmosphere and enjoy having a comfy place to meet before and after the game. We love Deano and Lisa and I know I will do whatever needs to be done to keep things the way they are and save these nice people from any grief they do a good deed for us and don't deserve any crap.

BTW the stache was awesome!

Collier11
9/6/2010, 04:19 PM
I think they know you are good, they probably know most of the people who are good

setem
9/6/2010, 04:30 PM
I know I am good=) and I think 99% of the folks who come are fine people we just need to step it up a little more.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/6/2010, 05:05 PM
Your pepper poppers are always a hit. just sayin'
I've gotten to where I just make those about once a year because they take so long to make. I'll see what I can do.

Oh and if Mrs. Homey doesn't mind sending that recipe before next week, the natives are restless. :)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/6/2010, 05:06 PM
Love and kisses to all.Sorry I missed you too. I had my mom, niece and nephew. The little ones wanted to walk around Campus Corner.

Soonerntxs
9/7/2010, 09:26 AM
We came by and enjoyed the visit, I & my family members made donations. I hope our donations made up for some of the people who were not invited and took from the event. I just want to thank the leadership and members for their efforts to provide such a great setup. This being our first visit to the TG, I hope that this event is not hindered by a few unwanted. Thanks again and see you all this weekend!

SoonerE
9/7/2010, 09:42 AM
First I wanted to say that this was my first experience at the TG and it was a blast. My 3 boys loved it and the food was great.

I would hate to think that anyone would come in and partake and not contribute in some way, but it's bound to happen. Not all are raised with the moral and character that the rest of us are.

I didn't get to meet everyone, although I'm sure that everyone that was there when I showed up and promptly knocked over the satellite will know who I am. :( (Again, Sorry about that Dean)

I hope we get to partake in the festivities again one of these coming weekends.

Thanks again to everyone that brought food, it was great!

btk108
9/7/2010, 09:49 AM
Folks, it's up to us to help. Do your part and take the time to meet everyone there (we ought to do that anyway) and ask if they post. If they're a newbie or a guest just tell 'em to have a great time and point out the milk jar (if I bring guests, I put money in for them). If they just wandered in DEFINITELY tell or show them where the jar is.

We don't have to be an *** about it, but it would be a shame if the tailgate couldn't continue.

soonermagicgirl
9/7/2010, 09:52 AM
I noticed there were quite a bit more people than usual. was wondering where they all came from. I did see lots of new faces :)

I did have about 10 people i invited and personally made sure each of them put their money in the jar. I kept an eye on the people I invited but not sure about the freeloaders.

Soonerwake
9/7/2010, 09:55 AM
Folks, it's up to us to help. Do your part and take the time to meet everyone there (we ought to do that anyway) and ask if they post. If they're a newbie or a guest just tell 'em to have a great time and point out the milk jar (if I bring guests, I put money in for them). If they just wandered in DEFINITELY tell or show them where the jar is.

We don't have to be an *** about it, but it would be a shame if the tailgate couldn't continue.

I agree. I haven't done a very good job of introducing myself around at the tailgate in the past, but will be working the room a little more starting this week. I'll be the one limping around...

btk108
9/7/2010, 09:56 AM
I agree. I haven't done a very good job of introducing myself around at the tailgate in the past, but will be working the room a little more starting this week. I'll be the one limping around...

I'll be there Saturday and looking for you, gimpy.

C&CDean
9/7/2010, 10:01 AM
First, and foremost, it was an excellent tailgate. There was enough money donated between the kitty and the raffle to defray most of the cost of the tailgate. There simply isn't a money issue at this point. Did some folks take advantage of the situation? Certainly, but by and large (look at me sounding like Pat Jones) 99% of the people were top-drawer and helped out in a most excellent way. We especially want to thank the folks who helped set up and tear down. We couldn't do it without you guys.

If there was an issue at all with this past week's tailgate it was the sheer numbers of people, and a couple of them deciding they needed to party like it's 1999. Personally, I don't have an issue with this. However, we do rent the spot from the KF Walker folks and we don't need any liability issues that might damage our relationship with them. If you bring friends/family by the tailgate please ask them to be responsible with their drinking.

For the first time in the history of the SF.com tailgate we completely ran out of food, water, soda, juice, gatorade, and beer. It was pretty much the perfect storm. It was a night game, people were jazzed, it was a beautiful day, etc. Personally (in my mind anyhow), the primary problem was a couple of people who stayed to watch the game. They brought a ****pot of kids with them, then started whining and bitching when the beer and food were gone. Guess what? **** you. Over $800 worth of beer and booze was consumed and you damn sure didn't need any more.

To those who came and partied and contributed we thank you and hope you had a great time. To those few who ****ed it up for others, please stay away if you feel the need to party till you puke and stiff the tip jar. At this point I am not going to change anything since it's worked in the past and I believe will continue to work in the future.

I will post info about the FSU tailgate in another thread.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/7/2010, 10:32 AM
THE USU TAILGATE IS DEAD!

LONG LIVE THE FSU TAILGATE!

btk108
9/7/2010, 10:40 AM
Put her to bed, Fred

setem
9/7/2010, 11:52 AM
It was nice meeting the fellas who were gathered around the bed of my truck! The bed is not a trash can though, K thanks!

FSU is going to be awesome, can't wait!

btk108
9/7/2010, 01:02 PM
It was nice meeting the fellas who were gathered around the bed of my truck! The bed is not a trash can though, K thanks!

FSU is going to be awesome, can't wait!

Stop your bitchin and be glad they didn't think it was the port terlet :D

OU_Sooners75
9/7/2010, 01:09 PM
I had a blast finally putting some faces with the names.

I did bring my daughter and her brother, and that will not happen again especially if I do not have tickets to the game.

I did donate 5 to the raffle thing. After spending almost $800 to move from Omaha to the OKC area just Tuesday of last week, it was hard for me to donate anything, but I did.

I also helped with the tear down.

I will donate more the next Tailgate I attend, that is a promise, because I really enjoyed it.

Phil
9/7/2010, 02:24 PM
This is Mrs. HMFIC - and I want to thank Dean and Lisa for all their preparations and assistance with tailgates since Phil and I started collecting kiddos. I, too, very much look forward to a great tailgate this Saturday.

I would encourage everyone to bring their own lawn chairs to sit upon - and they will be safe and sound in the official tailgate trailer should you wish to have them available for your use at all home game tailgates. I very much miss the old days of having the place to myself - front and center in my own chair with a cooler for an ottoman ;) but I enjoy visiting with nice folks during the game, so long as they are not plastered, puking or smoking nearby.

Thanks to all who are our "regulars" and sponsors, and those of you who are respectful and help keep the tailgates enjoyable. Big thanks to you all who help set up and tear down - because often case is the faster the tear down, the faster I get my hubby home to help with the five kiddos. As my hubby would say, it is all about me, anyway. ;)

See you soon, and dare I say, "Go Pokes!"

Sincerely,

Phil's Aggie Bride

stoops the eternal pimp
9/7/2010, 02:32 PM
I just threw up a little