PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Utah State Tailgate Details

C&CDean
8/29/2010, 10:08 AM
Finally. We are officially inside of 1-week until kickoff of the 2010 National Chamionship run for our beloved Sooners, which means it's time to eat, drink, and make muy merry.

Time: The tailgate will begin at 1 pm, with food being served at 2:30 til kickoff. We will be there at ~9 am to begin set up if anyone would like to help.

Menu: Traditional. Burgers, dogs, Slovacek's sausages, beans, Walt's tater salad, assorted chips, etc. Please feel free to bring a dish that goes along with this menu. Also, desserts are always welcome.

Drinks: Assorted sodas, Gatorade, bottled water, Bud, Bud Lite, Bud Lite Lime, Coors Light, Miller Lite, Tecate, Pacifico, Dos Equis, Corona, Modelo, Newcastle Ale, Bitburger, and probably some others. We'll have a mini bar set up with assorted adult beverages.

Location: Northwest corner of Jenkins and Boyd in the parking lot on the West side of the Casa Blanca building (right by the Greek House). We're 1/2 block from Campus Corner, and 2 blocks to the stadium.

Ameneties: Shade, chairs, HD satellite TV with the ESPN College package, his and hers turlets, and a bunch of nice folks. If you wish to bring your own chair please do. You are welcome to leave it at the tailgate until after the game.

Cost: Zero. Zip. Zilch. Thanks to the very generous sponsors there is not any cost for attending the tailgate. That being said, the sponsorships do not come anywhere near fully supporting the tailgates. Therefore, if you would like to contribute to the cause there is a glass milk jug by the TV where you may leave a donation. You may also purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win several very cool OU related items that will be raffled off at the final tailgate of the year. Tickets are $5 per chance, and all funds go towards keeping the tailgates excellent.

Who is welcome: Everyone. SF.com posters, friends, family, and visiting team's fans. Just show up and enjoy yourself. If you're shy, just ask somebody "where is Dean?" and they'll point me out.

Parking: We still have a couple of season parking passes available, and we also have a few day-of-game passes. Season passes are $90 ($15 per game) and day-of-game passes are $20. If you plan on parking at the tailgate please arrive early enough or you probably won't get a spot.

Questions: If you have any questions, send me a PM or just reply to this post.

The Tailgate Nazi and I are looking forward to a great year of Sooner football and outstanding tailgating.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2010, 11:08 AM
The Tailgate Nazi and Lisa are looking forward to a great year of Sooner football and outstanding tailgating.:confused:
and I?

you mean and Lisa. You're the ****ing NAZI. When it comes to setting up the tailgate your more of a women than she is. You get in our way.

The tailgate Nazi and Lisa sounds good. :D

Man I love the taste of Greek House and Japapeno's :cool:

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2010, 01:50 PM
Deano,
Pending I don't have anything else going on, I'll see you at 9 on Saturday.

NormanPride
8/29/2010, 05:20 PM
Are you tearing down after the game or during? I'd like to help out if I can.

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2010, 05:34 PM
Usually it goes on for a bit after the game is over...then tear-down occurs. You and the missus coming this time?

proud gonzo
8/31/2010, 12:55 PM
I won't be there for this one but I MIGHT be down in a couple of weeks... MIGHT. It depends on my fiance's schedule.

NormanPride
8/31/2010, 02:13 PM
I'll be there but baj is staying home with her parents.