PDA

View Full Version : What % of

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 05:51 AM
our true freshmen will play sat? Here is a list off the top of my head...

1. K. Stills
2. Millard
3. T. Jefferson
4. C. Nelson
5. A. Colvin
6. T. Franks

Slim chance but possible...
D. Noble, Joe Powell, G. Grissom, Irwin.

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 05:52 AM
Please fill in the blanks with who you think will play or should play....

soonerborn30
8/29/2010, 08:03 AM
From the sound of it it's gonna be damn near all of them with the exception of Blake Bell

Edit: Guess I'll actually answer the question. :O

80%

IronHorseSooner
8/29/2010, 08:16 AM
All ten of them that you listed will play. Grissom and Noble are the only two that I don't know, but since the A-Train won't be playing, I think that moves Noble into the two deep for Saturday's game. I think Grissom will also get some snaps just to see where he is and if they can use him in some special pass rush situations.

As for others, you forgot about Brennan Clay. With Roy Finch's injury, you will likely see him in the second half getting some carries or on returns. I am intrigued to see if Justin McCay will get on the field later. He would be third string right now, but I wonder if the staff wants to see him in live game situations. If the game gets really out of reach, you might see some of those other young OL (Thompson, Shead, Darryl Williams, Woods). Don't forget, if he wins the kicking competition, Hunnicutt would be another true frosh to see the field.

Okie35
8/29/2010, 09:44 AM
From the sound of it it's gonna be damn near all of them with the exception of Blake Bell

Edit: Guess I'll actually answer the question. :O

80%

Sounds about right considering it will be a blowout and the redshirts not being apart of the equation.

Jacie
8/29/2010, 09:51 AM
6/37 = 16%

Do I pass?

1890MilesToNorman
8/29/2010, 10:07 AM
6x4=case

stoopified
8/29/2010, 11:43 AM
our true freshmen will play sat? Here is a list off the top of my head...

1. K. Stills
2. Millard
3. T. Jefferson
4. C. Nelson
5. A. Colvin
6. T. Franks

Slim chance but possible...
D. Noble, Joe Powell, G. Grissom, Irwin.I think all the players you mention will play.I think we will know after game 1 who is redshirting.10/25 40%

oudavid1
8/29/2010, 01:08 PM
Oh this is a good question, i read an article in the Oklahoman this morning that touched on this.

http://newsok.com/special-report-whatever-happened-to-redshirting-players-in-college-football/article/3489968?custom_click=lead_story_title

Also in the paper today was a list of which freshman are most likely gonna red shirt

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 04:42 PM
I like the idea that we have all these young guys that are gonna get solid playing time. We're gonna be awesome for several years with this kind of experience.

oudavid1
8/29/2010, 05:39 PM
I like the idea that we have all these young guys that are gonna get solid playing time. We're gonna be awesome for several years with this kind of experience.

i always look ahead, and its looking good.

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 08:08 PM
As for others, you forgot about Brennan Clay. With Roy Finch's injury, you will likely see him in the second half getting some carries or on returns. I am intrigued to see if Justin McCay will get on the field later. He would be third string right now, but I wonder if the staff wants to see him in live game situations.

I did have Clay on the list, I guess I mistakingly took him off when I was editing it. I read an article that was asking Norvell about McCay. He said he is physically ready but is having trouble learning the offense. I can only imagine how difficult is must be for these incoming freshmen to grasp these plays/formations.

sooner68
9/1/2010, 01:05 AM
Irwin will get quality reps.