PDA

View Full Version : Lee Corso on Gameday Today

oudavid1
8/28/2010, 08:09 PM
On the College Football Gameday Preview show today Lee Corso said "Oklahoma has a great offensive line"

No offense to our guys, im sure they are working hard and i hope Lee is correct....

But does Lee know something i dont?

fadada1
8/28/2010, 08:11 PM
But does Lee know something i dont?

Lee Corso knows less than you don't know.

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/28/2010, 09:21 PM
Rumor is that Corso stayed at a Holiday Inn Select.

Sooner-N-KS
8/28/2010, 09:38 PM
He was in OKC a week or two ago and met with Stoops. Stoops must have convinced him.

BoulderSooner79
8/28/2010, 09:40 PM
Wow, Lee just got smarter :)

SoonerStormchaser
8/28/2010, 10:15 PM
why are you even watching Lee Corso?

swardboy
8/28/2010, 10:20 PM
why are you even watching Lee Corso?

Why do you hate the Three Stooges?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
8/28/2010, 10:59 PM
Sorry about the hijack here, but Herbstreit's Final 2 prediction was Ohio St. vs our Sooners. He, of course, picked the wrong way for the game, but he has us getting there.

I still hate him, though.

GKeeper316
8/28/2010, 11:47 PM
lee corso is a mother-****in super genius.

your tiny brains and limited perceptions of reality cannot comprehend the awesomeness that is corso.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 12:41 AM
Why did Herbie vote OU #13 on his AP ballot then?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/top25/index.php?SITE=AP&name=HERBSTREIT

Okie35
8/29/2010, 12:53 AM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/top25/index.php?SITE=AP&name=HERBSTREIT

Corso > Herbie... I think the O-line made vast improvements the last 2 games of the season. I do hope he knows something we dont lol.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 12:56 AM
I was referring to the earlier post saying Herbie picked OU for the BCS Championship game, but losing to tOSU. If we're one of the top 2 in the country according to him, how does he figure we're #13?

BoulderSooner79
8/29/2010, 12:57 AM

Not necessarily a contradiction if he thinks it's a schedule thing. However, he has the horns and the huskers ahead of OU, so it is a contradiction. Must have picked up a copy of Steele since then.

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 12:58 AM
I was referring to the earlier post saying Herbie picked OU for the BCS Championship game, but losing to tOSU. If we're one of the top 2 in the country according to him, how does he figure we're #13?

I'm there with ya.... good find by the way. Quite contradicting.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 12:59 AM
Not too shocking since he's an idiot.

Okie35
8/29/2010, 01:00 AM

OHHHH yea I just saw that video too. Which is funny how he said OU and Nebraska will go to the BIG 12 championship for the right to play in the national title. I found that weird now too that he picked us 13. He probably just based it everything off of last year and is saying when its said and done we'll be at the top. I don't see much of Reece Davis usually his predictions are right. I remember in 08 before the season started he picked us to go to the title game.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 01:02 AM
They should know to pick us to be in the game every year. Whoever does that will be right more than their colleagues.

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 01:05 AM
Magic....Swagger.....Luck....Depth.... Do we have any of this? I saw this stuff being sold at the Ol'e Paris Flea Market this morning. Didn't know if it was legit.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 01:06 AM
We should have that extra season worth of good luck we chose not to use last year to fall back on.

Mississippi Sooner
8/29/2010, 02:28 AM
and if Lee Corso is in the stands,
we'll kick him square in the glands,
down at the Orange Bowl.

Sorry. Just channeling a little of the year 2000 here.

oudavid1
8/29/2010, 03:47 AM
He probably just based it everything off of last year and is saying when its said and done we'll be at the top

Ok im gonna change the subject a little, would this statement here pretty much throw out the need for "official" pre-season polls. Or should we just ignore the prediction part of a poll and take it "as-is". So the difference is, Kirk thinks right now we are the 13 best school in the country, Phil Steele thinks we are the best school in the country, but both have similar predictions on our seasons end, Kirk has us finishing 2nd, Phil 1st. I guess im asking you guys to decipher which poll is more important or means more and if it has a place in the beginning of the season.

oudavid1 (lol @ the_ouskull)

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 05:38 AM
Ok im gonna change the subject a little, would this statement here pretty much throw out the need for "official" pre-season polls. Or should we just ignore the prediction part of a poll and take it "as-is". So the difference is, Kirk thinks right now we are the 13 best school in the country, Phil Steele thinks we are the best school in the country, but both have similar predictions on our seasons end, Kirk has us finishing 2nd, Phil 1st. I guess im asking you guys to decipher which poll is more important or means more and if it has a place in the beginning of the season.

oudavid1 (lol @ the_ouskull)

Well, an easy answer to this question....These polls mean absolutely nothing! Weren't we ranked #1 or #2 last year? So yes, we and all college football fans should take these "predictions" with a grain of salt. These experts/analysts take into account who we have coming back... what these players did in the previous season... and who we have coming in. Coupled in who are couches are and what they have done in the past. It's all a educated guess. Some kids practice well and can't produce in actual games... Some can't practice a lick and are sick during games. What I'm getting at is NO ONE has a clue what any college team will do this season... Phil Steele is ahead of the game with his analysis and his breakdown of each team with their strengths and weaknesses. He has def done his homework. I couldn't even get threw his 4 pages reviewing the Sooners. If you haven't seen his work then go buy his mag.

We will have to wait several more weeks to see how these players respond. Both FSU and Cinci will be the games that let us know how our team can respond to adversity. It seems with passing day we hear about another frosh making room into a starting position.. Is this good or bad? I think good. It just seems the real buzz has been about our freshmen and not our experienced backups. Utah State will be the obvious patsy. But, we will get to see some of what these new recuits have.

tomtom
8/29/2010, 06:00 AM
Corso stayed at a motel 6, he knows nothing about OU's line.

texaspokieokie
8/29/2010, 09:51 AM
corso is a clown. i've learned to enjoy him on tv since i absolutely quit taking anything he says seriously.

Jacie
8/29/2010, 10:03 AM

Interesting question. Anything I add is so much hot air but it would not surprise me to learn that Herbstreit and other national media who have a say in one poll or another may not fill out their own ballot.

For all of his hard work, I am sure he has a staff that do a lot of the research of teams, players, coaches to provide him with the knowledge that he can deliver effortlessly while sitting in front of a camera and do the copy writing for what he is going to say, as well as sit down and "help" him decide which way he will slant issues as they come up. Filling out a ballot, he may not even see it or think about it until it appears on the screen in front of him.

The disconnect in his opinion of OU's 2010 season, as you have pointed out, may have been a result of two different staffers not paying attention to what the other was doing.

delhalew
8/29/2010, 10:12 AM
It is not exactly accurate to say the polls mean nothing. The coaches poll and even the AP serve as a springboard for the teams that are ranked based on...nothing. Hence, the reason so many have a problem with the polls coming out before a single game has been played.

stoopified
8/29/2010, 11:26 AM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/external/onlinenews.ap.org/top25/index.php?SITE=AP&name=HERBSTREITHe sobered up in between?

oudavid1
8/29/2010, 01:10 PM
Well, an easy answer to this question....These polls mean absolutely nothing! Weren't we ranked #1 or #2 last year? So yes, we and all college football fans should take these "predictions" with a grain of salt. These experts/analysts take into account who we have coming back... what these players did in the previous season... and who we have coming in. Coupled in who are couches are and what they have done in the past. It's all a educated guess. Some kids practice well and can't produce in actual games... Some can't practice a lick and are sick during games. What I'm getting at is NO ONE has a clue what any college team will do this season... Phil Steele is ahead of the game with his analysis and his breakdown of each team with their strengths and weaknesses. He has def done his homework. I couldn't even get threw his 4 pages reviewing the Sooners. If you haven't seen his work then go buy his mag.

We will have to wait several more weeks to see how these players respond. Both FSU and Cinci will be the games that let us know how our team can respond to adversity. It seems with passing day we hear about another frosh making room into a starting position.. Is this good or bad? I think good. It just seems the real buzz has been about our freshmen and not our experienced backups. Utah State will be the obvious patsy. But, we will get to see some of what these new recuits have.

loved this, but fail in the bold.

SOFSooner
8/29/2010, 01:21 PM
Of course Herbie would pick Ohio State, that is where he went to school and played there.

rabot10
8/29/2010, 01:57 PM
guess we will see if he is the man or a retard lol

Jacie
8/29/2010, 03:52 PM
Of course Herbie would pick Ohio State, that is where he went to school and played there.

Unlike someone such as Lou Holtz, whose Notre Dame bias is always on display, Kirk does a pretty good job of distancing himself from being a homer when it comes to picking one team over another. Last year, for example, when he and Corso made their bowl game predictions, Herbstreit intentionally refused to predict a winner in the Rose Bowl because he was calling that game.

JLEW1818
8/29/2010, 03:55 PM
Kirk is one of the best ESPN has for college football.

Kirk never picks the winner on gameday if it is the game that him and Musburger are calling.

90% of the time gameday is also the game that Musburger and Kirk announce. (National ABC game, typically at 7PM)

ABC will not allow him to make a prediction if they are calling the game.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 04:51 PM

You missed the other 30. :P

gaylordfan1
8/29/2010, 09:38 PM

You missed the other 30. :P

Sorry guys.... Check out the time that was posted. I just finished a six pack of Boston Lager and had just taken a sleeping pill.... I was fighting to keep my eyes open to finish my post. Since when has everyone on here been a grammar queen? BTW David since your slapping peoples hands, read up on when to use to or too! :D Heres a linky to help ya.

http://toortoo.com/

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:21 AM
No worries. David has actually set a record for worst grammar...on this site!

Let that sink in for a minute.

Okie35
8/30/2010, 12:34 AM
Kirk is one of the best ESPN has for college football.

Kirk never picks the winner on gameday if it is the game that him and Musburger are calling.

90% of the time gameday is also the game that Musburger and Kirk announce. (National ABC game, typically at 7PM)

ABC will not allow him to make a prediction if they are calling the game.

Yea just for the game he announcing not for any other ABC games during that day though. EDIT: Which is what you said lol

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/30/2010, 01:05 AM
why are you even watching Lee Corso?Lee seemed a bit fuzzy-headed when I saw and heard him on the ESPeNis.

oudavid1
8/30/2010, 01:08 AM
No worries. David has actually set a record for worst grammar...on this site!

Let that sink in for a minute.

curse you

GKeeper316
8/30/2010, 02:38 AM
you all will burn in hell for saying or thinking such evil things of the corso!

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 02:53 AM
Then I'll personally probably have to burn 3 or 4 times.

MiccoMacey
8/30/2010, 06:25 AM
Phil Steele's prediction of who will win the NC has absolutely nothing to do with who should be ranked #1. He's stated that just about every year.

His prediction has a lot more to do with scheduling and winning than rankings.

I'd imagine Herbstreit's pick is the same. He may see us as the 13th best team, but because of scheduling and the eventual losses of those ahead of us, he sees us in the NC game.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 07:40 AM
yeah...so since we have a tough schedule and because we will probably win out we are currently worse than some other team with a crap schedule who will lose a game or 2 anyway so "in the end" we will be better.

Okay.

That's just weak IMO. Seriously???? 12 teams are better than us, but will fall due to scheduling weak opponents???? That makes no sense whatsoever and these morons know it. For us to get to the MNC game, we have to beata lot of good teams. They predict we will do so. Therefore their initial pre-season vote is retarded, backward, and flat out a contradiction if they truly believe that we will end up on top.

BoomerJ
8/30/2010, 08:38 AM
You can tell he still has lingering effects of the stroke, however, I had a good laugh at Corso calling our QB Landry Smith Jones.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/30/2010, 11:51 AM
You can tell he still has lingering effects of the stroke, however, I had a good laugh at Corso calling our QB Landry Smith Jones.I didn't know he had a stroke, but it isn't a surprise, considering his speech on the sat. show.