PDA

View Full Version : My daughter got engaged last night...

Okla-homey
8/28/2010, 03:14 PM
not sure how I feel about it yet.

At this point, wedding's at least 18 months off. Me likey long engagements.

that is all.

MR2-Sooner86
8/28/2010, 03:19 PM
Glad to finally be in the family, dad :)

Chuck Bao
8/28/2010, 03:24 PM
Congrats, homey. If I remember correctly, she already has her university degree. The long engagement and the committment of the young man is a very good thing, in my opinion. You and your wife raised her right and you should be very proud.

I also think that you will give the fiancée a pretty stern test, like in that “Meet the Parents” movie.

If you don’t have a lie detector test at your home, I am sure you can order one online.

Okla-homey
8/28/2010, 03:27 PM
Congrats, homey. If I remember correctly, she already has her university degree. The long engagement and the committment of the young man is a very good thing, in my opinion. You and your wife raised her right and you should be very proud.

I also think that you will give the fiancée a pretty stern test, like in that “Meet the Parents” movie.

If you don’t have a lie detector test at your home, I am sure you can order one online.

He and I already had "the talk." To his credit, he came over and asked my blessing first. I told him, welcome to the family, but, if he ever deliberately hurt her, I would kill him. I think he knows I meant it.

Anyhoo, between my daughter (Auburn), her mama (South Carolina), and this young man (Ole Miss), we now have one-fourth of the SEC covered in this family.

P.S. I intend to bring them to a tailgate so you people can tease him.

Okla-homey
8/28/2010, 04:22 PM
I just called his parents to commiserate. He's Nebbish (played baseball) and she's WVU. Only in America.

Fraggle145
8/28/2010, 04:48 PM
He and I already had "the talk." To his credit, he came over and asked my blessing first. I told him, welcome to the family, but, if he ever deliberately hurt her, I would kill him. I think he knows I meant it.

Anyhoo, between my daughter (Auburn), her mama (South Carolina), and this young man (Ole Miss), we now have one-fourth of the SEC covered in this family.

P.S. I intend to bring them to a tailgate so you people can tease him.

If he was good enough to come to you about it he sounds like a pretty good dude. Congrats to you and yours. I've been to oxford it's pretty nice. Start saving those pennies!

Chuck Bao
8/28/2010, 04:53 PM
I just called his parents to commiserate. He's Nebbish (played baseball) and she's WVU. Only in America.

Yeah only in America, God Bless us ALL.

And efficiency and cutting to the heart of the matter: It is admirable and very American.

I already offered my congrats and that was very heartfelt, so please do not take any offense at this.

Homey, you really have amazing skills. You extracted the education of your future son-in-law's parents through a phone call? Forget the lie detector test unless he is a male nurse. What ever, you will have some really smart grandchildren and will be very proud over and over again.

TUSooner
8/28/2010, 04:58 PM
Tempus fugit. Eh. Homey?

Okla-homey
8/28/2010, 05:21 PM
Tempus fugit. Eh. Homey?

No shiite. Seems like just yesterday she was still erping on my shoulder. No matter. It's that "Circle of Life" dealio.

SoonerStormchaser
8/28/2010, 07:30 PM
Homey,
Have you broke the news to SicEm yet? He must be devastated!

dolemitesooner
8/29/2010, 12:23 PM
hrmpphhh

stoopified
8/29/2010, 02:01 PM
I can only imaginehow you feel since I only have two boys (Ryan 6,Jason 3).I figure I'll be in a nursing home or dead before my boys get engaged. :)

SunnySooner
8/29/2010, 02:34 PM
Congrats Homey, that's so exciting!! If you're like my dad, all you gotta do is pick up your tux and try not to bawl as you walk down the aisle. Oh, and pay the bills, duh. ;) I wish them a long and wonderful life together, and just wait til those grandbabies come along. My kids are spoiled rotten on both sides by their nanas and papas, all four of those people are wrapped securely around my kids' little fingers.

OU-HSV
8/29/2010, 10:31 PM
Congrats...I'd say it would be hard to welcome SEC blood into the family, but it sounds like you've been looking past SEC connections already anyway. Good luck to the future of your daughter and her fiance.

SoonerJack
8/30/2010, 08:19 AM
Congratulations, Homey.

This engagement should yield much interesting thread fodder.

Sooner in Tampa
8/30/2010, 08:58 AM
Congrats Homey.

I shudder to think what it will be like when one of my little girls takes the plunge.

SoonerBK
8/30/2010, 10:13 AM
Congratulations! So really though, how long you think he's been gettin' it? I'm know i'm not the only one wondering that.

Oldnslo
8/30/2010, 10:43 AM
Good for you, Homey. Wonderful news!