PDA

View Full Version : What to show some FSU visitors in a few weeks?

chad
8/26/2010, 10:08 PM
I have a couple FSU fans coming in to town for the game in a few weeks and am looking for ideas on what to do/ show them at OU and in Norman/OKC. The guy I know is a solid fan of college football and doesn't let his allegiance to FSU alter his thoughts/opinions on the CF. He generally likes OU, except for y2k, and he wants to see and experience the OU gameday event. I want to make sure he leaves jealous of OU football and what we have built, as compared to FSU.

They are coming in late on Friday, so we'll get an early start on Saturday and will go all day, then they leave on Sunday. So I come asking the vast knowledge of the community to help plan out our Saturday.

What would you want to show a guest and where would you want to eat on a game day?

I've been going to OU games consistently for the past 4 years, and before that would make 1 or 2 each year since 1998. My personal gameday traditions are lacking even though I've lived in or around Norman for 6 years now and have been watching OU football since I was in diapers.

goingoneight
8/26/2010, 10:50 PM
Show 'em all the Orange Bowl trophies we have from beating them. :D

Just a stroll around the football facilities and the Switzer Center ought to keep 'em entertained.

Jello Biafra
8/26/2010, 10:52 PM
I have a couple FSU fans coming in to town for the game in a few weeks and am looking for ideas on what to do/ show them at OU and in Norman/OKC. The guy I know is a solid fan of college football and doesn't let his allegiance to FSU alter his thoughts/opinions on the CF. He generally likes OU, except for y2k, and he wants to see and experience the OU gameday event. I want to make sure he leaves jealous of OU football and what we have built, as compared to FSU.

They are coming in late on Friday, so we'll get an early start on Saturday and will go all day, then they leave on Sunday. So I come asking the vast knowledge of the community to help plan out our Saturday.

What would you want to show a guest and where would you want to eat on a game day?

I've been going to OU games consistently for the past 4 years, and before that would make 1 or 2 each year since 1998. My personal gameday traditions are lacking even though I've lived in or around Norman for 6 years now and have been watching OU football since I was in diapers.

show em yer brown eye.....that's usually a crowd favorite.

Boomer38Sooner
8/26/2010, 11:29 PM
Show him the Switzer Center

soonerborn30
8/26/2010, 11:35 PM
Show him Heisman Park, the Switzer Center, etc. Then take him to Campus Corner and show him that little free-for-all. If he still comes away unimpressed, show him the sorority houses. :D

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:38 PM
So, can anyone enter the Switzer center anytime during the day?

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:45 PM
Man, campus will be rocking Sept 11. Those who have yards near campus will be tripling their usual parking price.

Collier11
8/26/2010, 11:45 PM
Ice them in Sugers

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:51 PM
Ice them in Sugers

That way he won't know which one made him vomit!

BoomerJ
8/27/2010, 12:12 AM
Old Al makes Lucky Star in Concho sound reeeeeel nice.

Otherwise, yes, the Switzer Center on a weekday. It's not open on gameday. Then Bricktown in OKC.

sooner59
8/27/2010, 01:15 AM
I thought the Switzer Center was closed on Saturdays, but I may be wrong. Either way, Heisman Park, Campus Corner, that type of stuff.

sooner59
8/27/2010, 01:19 AM
Answered my own question.

Regular Hours
Monday-Wednesday Closed
Thursday-Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday Closed

Home Football Weeks
Monday-Wednesday Closed
Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday Closed
Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2010, 01:46 AM
Show 'em all the Orange Bowl trophies we have from beating them. :D

Just a stroll around the football facilities and the Switzer Center ought to keep 'em entertained.Be sure to point out Bobby Bowden's record against the Sooners.(apologies if this has been mentioned between the post I quoted and this post)

Monster Zero
8/27/2010, 07:35 AM
The Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center in OKC.

badger
8/27/2010, 08:10 AM
Be sure to point out Bobby Bowden's record against the Sooners.(apologies if this has been mentioned between the post I quoted and this post)

With all of the times hearing Bobby say "I just wanted one more season, whine whine," it makes me wonder why he wanted this particular season so much, the 2010-11 season. What makes this year so special compared to other years?

My guess: He wanted the chance to avenge his last, greatest chance of being a national champion again. He wanted to beat OU finally.

Too bad :)

jharkins
8/27/2010, 08:10 AM
Greek House :) Oh how I miss it....

goingoneight
8/27/2010, 08:19 AM
I wonder how much better FSU's crowd will be behaved after a few humbled years? Apparently everyone from player to fan was horrible toward the Sooners back in January 2001.

soonerloyal
8/27/2010, 08:45 AM
Will they have time to see the OKC Memorial on Friday or Sunday? I think anyone who comes to Oklahoma needs to see that...

Heh, Sug's is still there? Ick.

fadada1
8/27/2010, 09:07 AM
Ice them in Sugers

beat me to it.:mad: :D

pilobolus
8/27/2010, 10:17 AM
Little River Zoo

soonerfromgeorgia
8/27/2010, 10:20 AM
We made sure to see the OKC memorial when we flew out for a game a few years back, I think it is a must see.

soonerfromgeorgia
8/27/2010, 10:22 AM
Show him Heisman Park, the Switzer Center, etc. Then take him to Campus Corner and show him that little free-for-all. If he still comes away unimpressed, show him the sorority houses. :D

OU girls won't impress him, FSU beats them hands down.

sooner59
8/27/2010, 10:49 AM
Hot chicks are hot chicks. FSU probably just has more of them. I have been to Florida like 5 times, seen several beaches, and the hot chicks over their are hot but no hotter than some on the OU campus. I would say 3 of the top 5 hottest chicks I have EVER seen (including TV) were on OUr campus. You would be surprised at the talent in little Oklahoma. Hell, we did have back to back Miss Americas not long ago.

soonerborn30
8/27/2010, 11:01 AM
Greek House :) Oh how I miss it....

+1,000,000

soonerboy_odanorth
8/27/2010, 11:15 AM
The Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center in OKC.

^^^
A must if you want to show them around OKC.

As well is the National OKC Memorial and Vistors Center.

Then take them to dinner at Cattlemen's Steakhouse at the OKC Stockyards.

JiuJitsuSooner
8/27/2010, 11:16 AM
Hot chicks are hot chicks. FSU probably just has more of them. I have been to Florida like 5 times, seen several beaches, and the hot chicks over their are hot but no hotter than some on the OU campus. I would say 3 of the top 5 hottest chicks I have EVER seen (including TV) were on OUr campus. You would be surprised at the talent in little Oklahoma. Hell, we did have back to back Miss Americas not long ago.

More? Try WAY more.... Plus the girls at FSU aren't nearly as conservative as OU girls from my experience. Yes OU has some hot girls, I used to be impressed while I was in school in Norman, then after college I moved to Florida and was blown away!

Ever strolled the campuses of

FSU
UCF
UF
FAU

I'm not knocking OUr girls, just giving credit where credit is due

Mississippi Sooner
8/27/2010, 11:18 AM
^^^
A must if you want to show them around OKC.

As well is the National OKC Memorial and Vistors Center.

Then take them to dinner at Cattlemen's Steakhouse at the OKC Stockyards.

And encourage them to try the calf fries. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/27/2010, 11:18 AM
I like the Vegas method of importing the best of all places.

btk108
8/27/2010, 11:30 AM
Crux....exactly

bent rider
8/27/2010, 12:10 PM
Have him visit the real Seminoles in, uh, Seminole?

Seminole Nation Days Celebration 2010
Mekusukey Mission, Seminole, OK - September 10th through 19th
http://www.seminolenation.com/nationdays/index.htm

C&CDean
8/27/2010, 02:49 PM
You know what cracks me up? Dumbasses who think there's more pretty girls in X state/city/school.

If a state has a population of 1 million, and another state has a population of 10 million then the number of pretty girls would be 10x higher in the larger state. DOH.

Only a ****ing idiot would think that if both states have 1 million Florida has 10x more hotties. There's pretty people everywhere. There's stupid people everywhere too.

Oh yeah, bring them by the SF.com tailgate. We're 1/2 block from Campus Corner. We'll show them some fine Oklahoma hospitality, and it won't cost them a dime.

Herr Scholz
8/27/2010, 03:00 PM
I went to Columbus, OH and I didn't see very many good looking girls (unless you like them meaty). And they have a crapload of people up there. Also, California blows everyone away IMO.

yankee
8/27/2010, 03:03 PM
i go to OU and i think we're doing just fine in the hot chick category. :D

rawlingsHOH
8/27/2010, 03:08 PM
Ever strolled the campuses of

FSU
UCF
UF
FAU

I'm not knocking OUr girls, just giving credit where credit is due

Check
Check
Check
no

Hot chicks are hot chicks.

Jello Biafra
8/27/2010, 03:11 PM
I went to Columbus, OH and I didn't see very many good looking girls (unless you like them meaty). And they have a crapload of people up there. Also, California blows everyone away IMO.

here's a hint sholzie.,.....they ALL look the same in the dark and from behind.

Herr Scholz
8/27/2010, 04:03 PM
here's a hint sholzie.,.....they ALL look the same in the dark and from behind.

Ha. Yes, I've been to that website. www.onlyfrombehind.com

C&CDean
8/27/2010, 04:10 PM
Turn em upside down, they all look like your sister Herr.

PDXsooner
8/27/2010, 04:11 PM
You know what cracks me up? Dumbasses who think there's more pretty girls in X state/city/school.

If a state has a population of 1 million, and another state has a population of 10 million then the number of pretty girls would be 10x higher in the larger state. DOH.

Only a ****ing idiot would think that if both states have 1 million Florida has 10x more hotties. There's pretty people everywhere. There's stupid people everywhere too.

Oh yeah, bring them by the SF.com tailgate. We're 1/2 block from Campus Corner. We'll show them some fine Oklahoma hospitality, and it won't cost them a dime.

Have to disagree. You're not accounting for a few variables. One, hot chicks (ok, many, not all) marry dudes with money. There's more money in NYC and LA than in OKC - hence, more hot chicks. Two, the tv industry in California attracts more beautiful people. **** like that. Come on Dean you're better than that.

Only someone truly stupid wouldn't realize something so simple.

Herr Scholz
8/27/2010, 04:15 PM
The bottom line on hot chicks though (or really women in general), no matter how good looking they are, someone somewhere is tired of her sh*t.

SoonerDood
8/27/2010, 04:19 PM
I agree with Herr. Ohio is a leper colony.

C&CDean
8/27/2010, 04:27 PM
Have to disagree. You're not accounting for a few variables. One, hot chicks (ok, many, not all) marry dudes with money. There's more money in NYC and LA than in OKC - hence, more hot chicks. Two, the tv industry in California attracts more beautiful people. **** like that. Come on Dean you're better than that.

Only someone truly stupid wouldn't realize something so simple.

Oh. You're talking about transplanted chicks who came from Oklahoma or South Dakota or Wisconsin. Got ya. Besides, you're stuck up there with all those pasty fat hippy skanks with facial piercings and craptastic tats. WTF do you know about hot chicks?

chad
8/27/2010, 06:43 PM
There are a bunch of great suggestions guys. This definitely helps planning the weekend.

sooner59
8/27/2010, 07:27 PM
At least we are doing better than Nebraska...home of the fat girl.

http://widerightandnattylight.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nebraskachick.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
8/27/2010, 07:43 PM
I thought that was a player.

delhalew
8/27/2010, 07:58 PM
What is attracting all those hot girls to Ole Miss? Something weird going on at that place.

yankee
8/27/2010, 08:53 PM
What is attracting all those hot girls to Ole Miss? Something weird going on at that place.

getting drunk at the grove every other saturday in the fall.

soonerborn30
8/27/2010, 09:34 PM
Oh. You're talking about transplanted chicks who came from Oklahoma or South Dakota or Wisconsin. Got ya. Besides, you're stuck up there with all those pasty fat hippy skanks with facial piercings and craptastic tats. WTF do you know about hot chicks?

+1 on the pasty, hippy, and skanky part.

Gotta say I dig the piercings and tats.

But seriously, the girls in PDX were some of the ugliest I've ever seen. An interesting wrench thrown in that is the fact that I only met a handful of people that were actually from Portland the whole time I lived there. So there's that.

JiuJitsuSooner
8/28/2010, 02:39 PM

Dean i never compared any other populated states to oklahoma, nor do i think that other states/schools with higher populations have a much hotter chick ratios than Oklahoma/OU... I only mentioned Florida! I've lived in many other places besides Oklahoma and Florida, and Florida is the only place I've seen that absolutely trumps Oklahoma in regards to hot chicks, and it's not even close.. I think it has more to do with the weather than popultion, (ex Arizona, Florida).. The hottest girls at OU would compare to any schools, no doubt, but all I'm saying is that in Florida there are just a lot more..

Anyway looking foward to the tailgate!!

texaspokieokie
8/29/2010, 09:55 AM
show him how deep the snow gets here while they're suffering in the terrible
winter heat.

then !!!!! dealey plaza.

stoopified
8/29/2010, 11:50 AM
Hot chicks are hot chicks. FSU probably just has more of them. I have been to Florida like 5 times, seen several beaches, and the hot chicks over their are hot but no hotter than some on the OU campus. I would say 3 of the top 5 hottest chicks I have EVER seen (including TV) were on OUr campus. You would be surprised at the talent in little Oklahoma. Hell, we did have back to back Miss Americas not long ago.FIVE Miss Americas all time(beats Texas and Florida).

JiuJitsuSooner
8/30/2010, 01:35 PM
FIVE Miss Americas all time(beats Texas and Florida).

Miss America's??? lol who gives a $hit...

soonerborn30
8/30/2010, 03:22 PM
usually Miss America's pretty hot.