PDA

View Full Version : This Glenn Beck thing Saturday...

soonerinabilene
8/26/2010, 07:42 PM
what is it supposed to be? I have a dream part 2, church camp, or political rally?

Okla-homey
8/26/2010, 08:18 PM
I think it may be reminscent of this image taken on August 9, 1925, but without the snappy costumes.:D

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/tttt19250809_Klan_March_on_Washington_version1.jpg

sooner59
8/26/2010, 08:46 PM
I believe he took over for Tracy Morgan this year.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/ScareTactics_S3P1.jpg

yermom
8/26/2010, 10:24 PM
are they going to have to fake crowd shots for him?

Serge Ibaka
8/26/2010, 10:36 PM
I overheard this lady at the doctor a few weeks ago, and she said she's attending--she and her husband had recently booked their hotel rooms.

It's this major political thing--it's, like, about taking back America!

Seriously...she said that.

Ike
8/26/2010, 11:00 PM
I think it's more likely to be just a big "me me me me" fest.

In other words, nothing worth watching, but no worse than anything else on TV. Except sports.

sooner59
8/26/2010, 11:17 PM
Meh, I would rather tune in to the Bachelorette or whatever than watch that doosh.

Okla-homey
8/27/2010, 07:36 AM
I bet these guys will be there too. But not in uniform.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/tttimages.jpg

of course, it can't possibly be as well orchestrated as this little "take our world back from the untermenschen" political rally in Nuremberg.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/triumph_of_the_will_stadium_shot.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
8/27/2010, 10:04 AM
It's this major political thing--it's, like, about taking back America!

Seriously...she said that.

Because it is. Take it back from the liberals and progressives.

fadada1
8/27/2010, 10:07 AM
"Enough about me, let's talk about me."

$10 he cries.

Wanker.

OhU1
8/27/2010, 11:27 AM
"taking back America". As if we were taken over in an invasion or something.

Here's an idea - how about actually nominating a compelling candidate and pursuading a majority of voters to vote for him/her? No, let's hold a rally to protest and moan that we are being victimized and we are entitled to hold power instead. :texan:

soonerhubs
8/27/2010, 11:42 AM
http://thefastertimes.com/nonsensenews/files/2009/10/behindthescenesglennbeckflv.jpg

:gary:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2010, 11:43 AM
what is it supposed to be? I have a dream part 2, church camp, or political rally?You may have nailed it!

Serge Ibaka
8/27/2010, 03:17 PM

Right. This is what voting is for, you big dummy.

GKeeper316
8/27/2010, 04:24 PM

they can only say and do what you agree with, right?

StoopTroup
8/27/2010, 04:48 PM
Who's Glenn Beck?

SicEmBaylor
8/27/2010, 04:53 PM
I'm not a fan of Glenn Beck but comparing a guy whose rabidly anti-government to a fascist and/or racist movement is just pure stupidity. I mean we're talking pure Grade-A choice stupidity.

On a personal note, I hate the comparisons to the "I Have a Dream" speech. I'm reasonably sure Glenn Beck won't plagiarize his speech like the SOB King did.

StoopTroup
8/27/2010, 04:59 PM
I thought he might do a "I have some Bling" speech then.

http://thepaintedone.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/glenn-beck-time-cover.jpg?w=450&h=595

http://data42.sevenload.com/slcom/gg/ec/lppkikd/ywpgimkbiolf.jpg

TUSooner
8/27/2010, 06:15 PM
"taking back America". As if we were taken over in an invasion or something.

Here's an idea - how about actually nominating a compelling candidate and pursuading a majority of voters to vote for him/her? No, let's hold a rally to protest and moan that we are being victimized and we are entitled to hold power instead. :texan:

But that would require finding a sane and reasonable person to run. By definition, that would be contrary to the platform.

Turd_Ferguson
8/27/2010, 06:51 PM
But that would require finding a sane and reasonable person to run. By definition, that would be contrary to the platform.Yeah, like finding someone with experience in comrunity orginizations. But, the real kicker is he's black! Oh! Oh! and that means it brings out the old black people, some black panther's and some middle/early age white guilt peeps to vote against the old white people(debils!). WOOHOO!!! Let's hear it for the progressives!!!!.......

:rolleyes:...frig'n prigs.

Scott D
8/27/2010, 07:13 PM
I'm not a fan of Glenn Beck but comparing a guy whose rabidly anti-government to a fascist and/or racist movement is just pure stupidity. I mean we're talking pure Grade-A choice stupidity.

On a personal note, I hate the comparisons to the "I Have a Dream" speech. I'm reasonably sure Glenn Beck won't plagiarize his speech like the SOB King did.

Beck's speech is for whoever is paying him more to do this.

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2010, 07:52 PM
Glenn Beck is the new Martin Luther King, Sarah Palin is the new Rosa Parks!

TUSooner
8/27/2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, like finding someone with experience in comrunity orginizations. But, the real kicker is he's black! Oh! Oh! and that means it brings out the old black people, some black panther's and some middle/early age white guilt peeps to vote against the old white people(debils!). WOOHOO!!! Let's hear it for the progressives!!!!.......

:rolleyes:...frig'n prigs.
That reply was, like.... really irrelevant.

8/27/2010, 08:51 PM
I think it may be reminscent of this image taken on August 9, 1925, but without the snappy costumes.:D

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/Okla-homey/tttt19250809_Klan_March_on_Washington_version1.jpg WOW! EXCELLENT WORK! Did you learn this technique in law school, or at a McCain rally?

Okla-homey
8/27/2010, 08:59 PM
Glenn Beck is a punk who used to do a morning drive show who somehow, got syndicated. He has no earthly idea WTH he's talking about, except he knows the knuckle-dragger negro and latino hater set love the stuff he spews. That's all.

Sic; 2 negs? srsly? WTF? Do you have some kind of crush on this demagogue or what? sheesh. I bet if you flew to DC tomorrow, and was really nice backstage, he'd sign an autograph for you. Or something. Then you could be all warm and tingly.
Me? I prefer women.

SCOUT
8/27/2010, 09:23 PM
My opinion of Glenn Beck has evolved over the years. The first time I really heard him was around Christmas a couple of years ago. He did a long soliloquy about the birth of Christ and the rest of the story. It was really good, although his pregnant pauses were way too long. I later heard him again on either Veteran's Day or the 4th of July. Again, he had a long speech that I thought was really good, except for the awkward pauses.

Later, I heard that there was a website called, glennbeckrapedandmurderedagirlin1990.com or something to that effect. I remember thinking how unfair that was.

Then I actually started listening to him. Specifically, his interview of Debra Medina. He asked her if there was any truth to the conspiracy theories about 9/11. Her answer was, no, but I think we should investigate anything that doesn't make sense. This turned in to a campaign of, "Debra Medina thinks 9/11 was an inside job. She won't even deny that she said it!!!!" I then realized that the seemingly inappropriate website had a pretty good point.

I heard circumstances similar to this play out several more times before I just couldn't take him any more.

It turns out that Glenn is good friends with the campaign manager of Rick Perry, Debra's opponent. Just an interesting side note.

SicEmBaylor
8/27/2010, 09:31 PM
Sic; 2 negs? srsly? WTF? Do you have some kind of crush on this demagogue or what? sheesh. I bet if you flew to DC tomorrow, and was really nice backstage, he'd sign an autograph for you. Or something. Then you could be all warm and tingly.
Me? I prefer women.

Yeah...it's somewhat hypocritical to accuse the guy of demagoguery after you post not one but two pictures of Klan rallies in an attempt to draw a connection between the two which is...surprise surprise...the very essence of demagoguery.

As I said, I don't much care for the guy. He's a little low-brow for my tastes as most nitwits of his sort are.

Turd_Ferguson
8/27/2010, 09:34 PM
That reply was, like.... really irrelevant.:D

MR2-Sooner86
8/27/2010, 10:46 PM
His TV show is meh, his radio program is interesting at times, and his latest book wasn't bad at times. Really about it.

Personally, I'm a Savage and Boortz man myself. They're much more entertaining.

SicEmBaylor
8/27/2010, 10:48 PM
His TV show is meh, his radio program is interesting at times, and his latest book wasn't bad at times. Really about it.

Personally, I'm a Savage and Boortz man myself. They're much more entertaining.

I'm a big Boortz and Stossel fan.

SoonerBorn68
8/28/2010, 01:24 AM
Glenn Beck is a punk. He has no earthly idea WTH he's talking about.

Sounds like some lawyerly types on this board.

oudavid1
8/28/2010, 01:37 AM
i like Colin Cowherd. :D

ok ok im leaving the oval.....

KC//CRIMSON
8/28/2010, 02:27 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs395.snc4/45820_440558106312_716201312_4978049_2602556_n.jpg

Chuck Bao
8/28/2010, 03:28 AM
Glen Beck scares the hell out of me. It is not only his impassioned diatribe that has to be quite popular with viewers. It is mainly the fact that he appears to not have the same understanding of the new global economy that I have.

My mom loves him and she told me that. In fact, her friends call her to make sure she's watching his latest show.

I watched a show with her and it was about going on the gold standard. I tried to debunk his ideas with some very simple and understandable points of 1) the international currency of trade is still the US dollar, 2) the exchange of the dollar for gold would create such a huge tsunami in international markets and it would immediately bankrupt the US government, as everyone rushes to trade in dollars for gold (would it not be a no-brainer in perceptions of the long haul?); and 3) the tidal wave would create a global depression, much worse than anything that we have ever seen and most likely to result in new wars.

My mom doesn't even trust me and would rather trust Glen Beck and I find that really sad. Regardless, I am still posting this.

For those of you feeling offended by posters likening Glen Beck to either Nazism or KKK, please understand that the rhetoric really isn't so different, if you break it down. The German people 70 years ago were not bad people in my opinion. They were hard working and industrious and just feed up with run away inflation that saw their life savings evaporate. They just needed someone to reinvigorate their national pride.

I have no excuses for KKK in the US, though. But, anti-foreign seems to work for them. It is just odd that if we are to survive, we really need to export to those foreigners.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2010, 04:03 AM
[QUOTE=Chuck Bao;2933431
For those of you feeling offended by posters likening Glen Beck to either Nazism or KKK, please understand that the rhetoric really isn't so different, if you break it down. The German people 70 years ago were not bad people in my opinion. They were hard working and industrious and just feed up with run away inflation that saw their life savings evaporate. They just needed someone to reinvigorate their national pride.

I have no excuses for KKK in the US, though. But, anti-foreign seems to work for them. It is just odd that if we are to survive, we really need to export to those foreigners.[/QUOTE]

You're smarter than this. There is absolutely no parallel between Glenn Beck and Nazism. It's just as absurd as claiming that Obama is a Leninist.

StoopTroup
8/28/2010, 07:13 AM
Yeah...it's somewhat hypocritical to accuse the guy of demagoguery after you post not one but two pictures of Klan rallies in an attempt to draw a connection between the two which is...surprise surprise...the very essence of demagoguery.

As I said, I don't much care for the guy. He's a little low-brow for my tastes as most nitwits of his sort are.

FWIW...You did attack his posts. I don't know if Glenn is a Klan member but I do know that lots of those guys enjoy his views. Also...I think that's kind of the point. That is how things like the Klan get legs again and begin to spread hate IMO. If I thought Glenn and his little Snake Oil / Medicine Show really offered any decent answers to help our Country...I'd probably listen to him a bit more. Thing is...he and Rush and really most of the ones that have been on for a couple of decades are doing it for the money and offer very little solutions. They spread hate, fear and chaos IMO. Worthless Human Beings.

NormanPride
8/28/2010, 07:25 AM
Wasn't he killed in V for Vendetta?

Okla-homey
8/28/2010, 03:32 PM
I'm a big Boortz and Stossel fan.

At least we agree on Neil Boortz. For an Aggie, he's pretty smart. But my all time fav radio demagogue is Dr. Savage. he's fun to listen to on my way home at night.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2010, 03:38 PM
I had the chance to meet Boortz a few years ago. He made fun of my name. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/YCT/S4020004-2dasddd.jpg

Chuck Bao
8/28/2010, 04:18 PM
I had the chance to meet Boortz a few years ago. He made fun of my name. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/YCT/S4020004-2dasddd.jpg

First of all, great tie! Not that it matters much, but I think someone here posted that wearing a tie with a button-down shirt was sort of a faux pas. I still do that too because I don’t wear a tie all the time and I really hate that spread out collar look.

Secondly, wasn’t that way back when you blew off a real life meeting with Melo in Houston because you didn’t notice which direction the driver was going as it was cloudy?

Has anyone heard from Melo recently? She is one of my all-time favorite posters here.

Why did he make fun of your name?

That reminds me of the time that former British PM Lord Harrold Wilson asked me my last name and was expecting a very proper British name. My last is very German.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2010, 04:22 PM
First of all, great tie! Not that it matters much, but I think someone here posted that wearing a tie with a button-down shirt was sort of a faux pas. I still do that too because I don’t wear a tie all the time and I really hate that spread out collar look.

Secondly, wasn’t that way back when you blew off a real life meeting with Melo in Houston because you didn’t notice which direction the driver was going as it was cloudy?

Has anyone heard from Melo recently? She is one of my all-time favorite posters here.

Why did he make fun of your name?

That reminds me of the time that former British PM Lord Harrold Wilson asked me my last name and was expecting a very proper British name. My last is very German.

I told him my name and he laughed and said, "What the hell kind of name is that?" He was kidding around a lot....pretty funny guy. And, yes, that's when I stood Melo up.

Okla-homey
8/28/2010, 04:24 PM
I told him my name and he laughed and said, "What the hell kind of name is that?" He was kidding around a lot....pretty funny guy. And, yes, that's when I stood Melo up.

Frosty, you must admit. It's unusual. But cool (no pun intended).

picasso
8/28/2010, 05:14 PM
I heard that ABC did a report on this Thursday and took his quotes way out of context.
I'm shocked.

JohnnyMack
8/28/2010, 05:40 PM
Glenn Beck shills for one of the most unreputable companies around in Goldline. Since my work is tied fairly closely to the precious metals industry, I can tell you that what Goldline and its chief pimp Glenn Beck offer up is the very definition of scum-baggery. They should all be horeswhipped for the way they prey on the fears of the elderly, bait and switch people and outright overcharge people for the product they sell. **** Glenn Beck. I hope he gets hit by a meteor.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2010, 05:45 PM
Glenn Beck shills for one of the most unreputable companies around in Goldline. Since my work is tied fairly closely to the precious metals industry, I can tell you that what Goldline and its chief pimp Glenn Beck offer up is the very definition of scum-baggery. They should all be horeswhipped for the way they prey on the fears of the elderly, bait and switch people and outright overcharge people for the product they sell. **** Glenn Beck. I hope he gets hit by a meteor.

I've heard about some of their scamming techniques. Despicable if true and I assume that it is.

picasso
8/28/2010, 06:03 PM

That's too bad. And I just figured you hated him for his religion.

8/28/2010, 06:25 PM
...I can tell you that what Goldline and its chief pimp Glenn Beck offer up is the very definition of scum-baggery. They should all be horeswhipped for the way they prey on the fears of the elderly, bait and switch people and outright overcharge people for the product they sell. **** Glenn Beck. I hope he gets hit by a meteor.Say, you don't suppose he's as evil or wrong or as stupid as say Sarah Palin or Sharron Angle, or somebody like that, is he? Maybe he can run for office, so you can get RILLY angry with him haha.

swardboy
8/28/2010, 08:29 PM
are they going to have to fake crowd shots for him?

http://www.breitbart.tv/fringe-group-national-mall-jammed-for-beck-rally-estimates-from-300-500-thousand/

JohnnyMack
8/28/2010, 08:43 PM
Say, you don't suppose he's as evil or wrong or as stupid as say Sarah Palin or Sharron Angle, or somebody like that, is he? Maybe he can run for office, so you can get RILLY angry with him haha.

WTF does that even mean?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/28/2010, 11:07 PM
I am glad he had 300- 500 K people at the event. Perhaps this will wake up Washington. Lot more than ole sourpuss Sharpton had at his event...

delhalew
8/28/2010, 11:53 PM
My opinion of Glenn Beck has evolved over the years. The first time I really heard him was around Christmas a couple of years ago. He did a long soliloquy about the birth of Christ and the rest of the story. It was really good, although his pregnant pauses were way too long. I later heard him again on either Veteran's Day or the 4th of July. Again, he had a long speech that I thought was really good, except for the awkward pauses.

Later, I heard that there was a website called, glennbeckrapedandmurderedagirlin1990.com or something to that effect. I remember thinking how unfair that was.

Then I actually started listening to him. Specifically, his interview of Debra Medina. He asked her if there was any truth to the conspiracy theories about 9/11. Her answer was, no, but I think we should investigate anything that doesn't make sense. This turned in to a campaign of, "Debra Medina thinks 9/11 was an inside job. She won't even deny that she said it!!!!" I then realized that the seemingly inappropriate website had a pretty good point.

I heard circumstances similar to this play out several more times before I just couldn't take him any more.

It turns out that Glenn is good friends with the campaign manager of Rick Perry, Debra's opponent. Just an interesting side note.

The Medina point is very important. When Beck sends his staff on fact finding missions, you can benefit from watching and researching the findings. However, with Medina he demonstrated that he has no loyalty to conservatism...only his own butt buddies. In this respect, he is like most in the media and public office, as well.

47straight
8/29/2010, 12:10 AM
I'm really confused by all the people upset about Glenn Beck having a rally, that just a week ago said that other people had no right to be upset about the mosque near the World Trade Center because of freedom of religion.

Ike
8/29/2010, 12:59 AM
I'm really confused by all the people upset about Glenn Beck having a rally, that just a week ago said that other people had no right to be upset about the mosque near the World Trade Center because of freedom of religion.

I don't know anyone that is upset at beck having the rally. I do know several that think it to be in poor taste. Several that think it's a waste of time. And several that could care less. I have yet to hear anyone claim that he shouldn't be allowed ti have it though. Only some that wish he didn't. But even they don't really care because they weren't going to listen to anything he says anyway.

8/29/2010, 01:05 AM
I'm really confused by all the people upset about Glenn Beck having a rally, that just a week ago said that other people had no right to be upset about the mosque near the World Trade Center because of freedom of religion.If they weren't so pathetic and potentially harmful to our freedom, it might be funny.

8/29/2010, 01:29 AM
WTF does that even mean?You're bitchin about somebody's commercial sponors, and acting like that really bothers you, for some ethical reasons, when I would guess that really isn't the reason(s) you dislike Beck.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2010, 02:01 AM
I am glad he had 300- 500 K people at the event. Perhaps this will wake up Washington. Lot more than ole sourpuss Sharpton had at his event...

Bwaaahahahahaha!!! You're only off by about 400,000 people. Do you work for Faux News?

yermom
8/29/2010, 02:09 AM
you know the MSM is underreporting that...

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2010, 02:10 AM
you know the MSM is underreporting that...

Approximately 87,000 people attended the rally, according to a crowd estimate commissioned by CBS News. The estimate was made using aerial photos taken at noon, which was judged to be the height of the event. The estimate has a margin of error of 9,000 people.

And they're not the only place reporting it under 100,000.

Crucifax Autumn
8/29/2010, 02:17 AM
It'll turn out to be a little over 100k in the end. That's actually a good number for someone like Beck, honestly, but not near 400k.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2010, 02:18 AM
Besides, we all know Faux News would never inflate their numbers.....*wanking motion*

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200911100063

yermom
8/29/2010, 02:22 AM
Besides, we all know Faux News would never inflate their numbers.....*wanking motion*

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200911100063

that's what i was hinting at in the first place :D

47straight
8/29/2010, 02:37 AM
I don't know anyone that is upset at beck having the rally.

Check out
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143875

unless you mean actually know, not innernets know.

People around me were bitching all day long, past the point of annoyance. But that's what I get for being tolerant and having liberal friends.

yermom
8/29/2010, 02:40 AM
i saw lots of open mocking, not that anyone really cared that he was doing it

i guess Sharpton was pissed that he picked the date of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech in the same spot though

VeeJay
8/29/2010, 09:31 AM
There are 365 days in a year. There are 52 Saturdays in a year.

Somebody's always going to be offended, no matter the date.

The fact that MLK's niece made a talk at the Beck rally should muzzle the man of God.

picasso
8/29/2010, 10:40 AM
I listen to Beck on occasion during my commute for laughs mostly. He's not a hater by any stretch. He simply hates Obama's politics and does quite a good job at pointing out who's in bed with him.
I heard there were 80,000 there? Who cares?

You want to talk about skewing numbers? The networks have had a monopoly on it for decades.

Sic'em, you talk about hokey politics and you stroke Ron Paul at the same time? Look in the mirror dude.

85Sooner
8/29/2010, 10:49 AM
NBC, nardly a beck fan is saying over 300,000.

85Sooner
8/29/2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/us/politics/29beck.html

JohnnyMack
8/29/2010, 01:29 PM
You're bitchin about somebody's commercial sponors, and acting like that really bothers you, for some ethical reasons, when I would guess that really isn't the reason(s) you dislike Beck.

I've spent the last 12 years working in an industry with very, very close ties to the precious metals markets. I know firsthand how Goldline and many other companies similar in structure work. I've seen them decimate people's savings by putting them into coins and bullion at severely inflated levels; making it nearly impossible for people to recoup their investment, much less see a profit. Sure, some people have done OK; but there's a reason that Goldline is under investigation from a local level all the way up the federal level. None of it has anything at all to do with who their pitchman is. They've been screwing people before Glenn Beck became their pimp and they'll likely keep doing after he fades away. Again, Goldline and just about every other firm of similar status should be napalmed out of existence and the fact that Glenn Beck is their pitchman just makes me wish he was in the building when it happened.

Truth be told I'm a bit of a gold bug. I think it's got a lot of potential, but what these mass marketed firms are doing to retirees and the elderly is in fact criminal.

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2010, 03:03 PM
i saw lots of open mocking, not that anyone really cared that he was doing it

i guess Sharpton was pissed that he picked the date of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech in the same spot though

Yeah well, Al Sharpton can suck it.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2010, 03:13 PM
Anyone who went to this thing is a freakin' loon. A drooling, paranoid, easily manipulated, possibly racist, clearly short sighted loon. Period.

JLEW1818
8/29/2010, 03:24 PM
nerd alert

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2010, 03:38 PM
Sic'em, you talk about hokey politics and you stroke Ron Paul at the same time? Look in the mirror dude.

I wouldn't say Ron Paul is hokey. When I said Glenn Beck was hokey, I'm talking about his silly chalkboards and posters, the charts, and his really really ****ty attempts at being funny or humorously sarcastic.

Ron Paul is much more button-downed and straight forward.

picasso
8/29/2010, 03:44 PM
Anyone who went to this thing is a freakin' loon. A drooling, paranoid, easily manipulated, possibly racist, clearly short sighted loon. Period.

Beck predicted the housing failure along with many others. He's most certainly a glass is half empty stock food in the cellar type.

Drooling? Short sighted? That's mean spirited and hate filled. You must be a Republican.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2010, 03:47 PM
He's most certainly a...stock food in the cellar type.

That's the Mormon in him. :D

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2010, 04:04 PM
Beck predicted the housing failure along with many others. He's most certainly a glass is half empty stock food in the cellar type.

Drooling? Short sighted? That's mean spirited and hate filled. You must be a Republican.

If he was talking about the people who attended Sharpton's speech... ;)

royalfan5
8/29/2010, 04:15 PM
I would have like to seen what kind of crowd he(or anybody of either side, for that matter) would have pulled if the rally was held after real football commenced to playing.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2010, 05:35 PM
Civil rights' new 'owner': Glenn Beck

Glenn Beck's background is not ideal for a man who would claim to be MLK's heir.

Most of us would regard this as dishonest, a ploy by the self-confessed charlatan that Welles was. Beck saw it as a model to be emulated. "Welles," he writes, "inspired me to believe that I can create anything that I can see or imagine."

I was reminded of Beck's affection for deception as he hyped his march on Washington -- an event scheduled for the same date (Aug. 28) and on the same spot (the Lincoln Memorial) as Martin Luther King Jr.'s iconic march 47 years ago. Beck claimed it was pure coincidence, but then he made every effort to appropriate the mantle of the great civil rights leader.

Beck as the fulfillment of Dr. King's dream? And you thought "War of the Worlds" was frightening.

It's been just over a year since Beck famously called the first African American president a "racist" with a "deep-seated hatred for white people." And now, accused of racial pot-stirring, he apparently has determined that the best defense is to be patently offensive.

"Blacks don't own Martin Luther King," he tells us, any more than whites own Lincoln or Washington. "The left" doesn't own King, either, he says.

No, Beck owns King. "This is the moment, quite honestly, that I think we reclaim the civil rights movement," he said this spring. "We are on the right side of history. We are on the side of individual freedoms and liberties and, damn it, we will reclaim the civil rights moment. We will take that movement because we are the people that did it in the first place."

We are? Let's review Beck's history as a civil rights pioneer, a history I've studied while writing a book about Beck.

When Beck was a radio host in Connecticut in the 1990s, his station apologized for an on-air skit in which Beck and his partner mocked an Asian American caller and used their version of an Asian accent. As a CNN host a couple of years ago, Beck interviewed Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), the first Muslim elected to Congress, and challenged him to "prove to me that you are not working with our enemies."

President Obama, who Beck says was elected because he isn't white, is "moving all of us quickly in slavery," Beck has asserted. On his radio show, he declared that "you don't take the name Barack to identify with America. . . . You take the name Barack to identify with . . . the heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical." He accused Obama of seeking "reparations" from white America, seeking to "settle old racial scores."

Beck has spoken on air about "radical black nationalism" in the White House and "Marxist black liberation theology" influencing Obama. He has further determined that the New Black Panthers have "ties to the White House in a myriad of ways" and are part of Obama's "army of thugs."

This is not quite the ideal background for a man who would claim to be King's heir -- and that's where Orson Welles comes in.

First, Beck employed the hand of God in justifying his decision to co-opt King. He said he chose the date without knowing it was the anniversary of King's march, claiming it happened because of "divine providence."

Second, he invoked some selective history, using his Fox News show to deliver a three-part series updating the history of the civil rights movement. "How has the Democratic Party assumed the mantle of defender of minorities, if you know their early history?" he asked. "Dating to Andrew Jackson -- this is the 17th century . . . ."

Seventeenth century, 19th century, whatever. He informed viewers that "it was the GOP that took the lead on the civil rights" cause.

Finally, Beck updated the meaning of the civil rights movement so that it is no longer about black people; it is about protecting anti-tax conservatives from liberals. Civil rights leaders, he said, "purposely distorted Martin Luther King's ideas." Over the past century, Beck reasons, "no man has been free, because we've been progressive." To his followers, he says: "We are the people of the civil rights movement."

All that is left is for Beck to drive around town by ambulance.

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2010, 07:29 PM
Anyone who lives in Los Angeles is a freakin' loon. A drooling, retarded, easily mocked, probably metrosexual, clearly short penis'd loon. Period.

GKeeper316
8/29/2010, 07:32 PM
so why is right wing extremism more acceptable than left wing extremism?

and make no mistake... glen beck is an extremist.

85Sooner
8/29/2010, 07:48 PM
When anyone who lives in LA leaves the board permanently, I will re-up my subscription.

8/29/2010, 08:27 PM
so why is right wing extremism more acceptable than left wing extremism?

and make no mistake... glen beck is an extremist.Since when are freedom and authoritarian governments morally equivalent, cowboy?

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2010, 10:14 PM
Anyone who lives in Los Angeles is a freakin' loon. A drooling, retarded, easily mocked, probably metrosexual, clearly short penis'd loon. Period.
Count me unsurprised that you still are obsessing about my penis and that this is the best comeback you could muster.

I wonder if you'll ever realize that you represent the bottom of the barrel for humanity? :texan:

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2010, 10:15 PM
When anyone who lives in LA leaves the board permanently, I will re-up my subscription.Because, you know...you're gonna single-handedly bankrupt Phil...unless he lets you turn this board into a circle jerk of like minded tin foil hat wearers. ;)

yermom
8/29/2010, 10:16 PM
Since when are freedom and authoritarian governments morally equivalent, cowboy?

it's only authoritarian if you don't agree with it, right?

SouthFortySooner
8/29/2010, 10:35 PM
I listen to him and think. Where there's smoke there's fire.

yermom
8/29/2010, 10:38 PM
like that rape and murder he committed in 1990?

GKeeper316
8/29/2010, 10:43 PM
Since when are freedom and authoritarian governments morally equivalent, cowboy?

you have NEVER lived in a free country... and define "authoritarian"

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2010, 11:18 PM
Count me unsurprised that you still are obsessing about my penis...

Just the lack of size, girth, & general appearance. When I held your photograph up to it, both looked surprisingly the same. ;)

SteelCitySooner
8/29/2010, 11:20 PM
I"m not a Beck apologist.. But I've listened to his radio broadcast and seen his show for many years.. Y'all seem to have a really skewed view on what he his and his beliefs..

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2010, 11:56 PM
Just the lack of size, girth, & general appearance. When I held your photograph up to it, both looked surprisingly the same. ;)My penis may be big or small, thick or thin...but the fact that you've somehow gotten a photo of my penis is the truly frightening thing that you've revealed to us all.

Well, I'm glad to be doing my "small" part to help you FINALLY come out of the closet.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 12:00 AM
I listen to him and think. Where there's smoke there's fire.So you also believe that we didn't land on the moon (lots of smoke) that Bush ordered the attack on the WTC and that President Obama is a Muslim who was born in another country other than the United States? (all have "lots of smoke" equal to anything CryBabyBoy has claimed)

I"m not a Beck apologist.. But I've listened to his radio broadcast and seen his show for many years.. Y'all seem to have a really skewed view on what he his and his beliefs..Not really. Just look at all the either: a) completely idiotic or b) completely psychotic or c) completely contradictory statements that he's made over the entirety of his career...and you get the gist.

The dude's unhinged...not all there...missing a few bolts...got a screw loose, etc...etc...etc...

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2010, 12:24 AM
My penis may be big or small, thick or thin...but the fact that you've somehow gotten a photo of my penis is the truly frightening thing that you've revealed to us all.

There's pictures of it all over the internet.

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/546884863/IMG_1754_small_web_bigger.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:25 AM
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with making **** up.

8/30/2010, 12:25 AM
I"m not a Beck apologist.. But I've listened to his radio broadcast and seen his show for many years.. Y'all seem to have a really skewed view on what he his and his beliefs..MO of the Left. You shouldn't expect anything different.

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2010, 12:27 AM
Not really. Just look at all the either: a) completely idiotic or b) completely psychotic or c) completely contradictory statements that he's made over the entirety of his career...and you get the gist.

Post'em up link boy.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:27 AM
Oh, and for the record, Charlton Heston lived in LA. So did John Wayne.

8/30/2010, 12:28 AM
...define "authoritarian"http://www.google.com/

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:28 AM
Google is authoritorian?

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2010, 12:30 AM
Oh, and for the record, Charlton Heston lived in LA. So did John Wayne.

They're both dead.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:31 AM
Holy ****! LA kills people!

SteelCitySooner
8/30/2010, 12:32 AM
Not really. Just look at all the either: a) completely idiotic or b) completely psychotic or c) completely contradictory statements that he's made over the entirety of his career...and you get the gist..

Dude, show me something that just isn't your opinion..

Funny thing is I used to be a proud liberal many years ago, when I actually lived in OK.

8/30/2010, 12:33 AM
Google is authoritorian?That's where the GKeep can look it up.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:35 AM
At least now we know why Clint Eastwood moved out to Carmel.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 12:36 AM
That's where the GKeep can look it up.

I'm just having fun. This thread is silliness so I thought I'd contribute to the tardathon.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:55 AM
Dude, show me something that just isn't your opinion..

Funny thing is I used to be a proud liberal many years ago, when I actually lived in OK.
It is my opinion that people who think President Bush II orchestrated 9/11 are insane herpe wranglers, too. Don't need facts for that, either.

But they are out there. Just as the facts back up what I asserted about Beck.

He's a freakin' moronic motormouth who blurts stupid crap out and hopes something sticks. Unfortunately he's found his niche of mouth breathers who his **** sticks with.

Meh.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:57 AM
There's pictures of it all over the internet.

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/546884863/IMG_1754_small_web_bigger.jpgEven as a thumbnail my penis is bigger, better looking and in better shape than you are.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:58 AM
Post'em up link boy.
Watch one episode of Jon Stewart, couch potato. He'll play 'em for you.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 03:07 AM
Rather unfortunately you can't fact check Beck's statements since he's already "proven" that all the fact check groups are either funded by George Soros or actually Obama himself!

Just Google the term "Glenn Beck Fact Check" and notice that a large portion of the results actually point to stories about him trying to discredit the fact checking organizations. You just can't win arguing against him when he can just make up a new set of "facts" about the facts and fact checkers.

That's why I don't like his dumbazzery. With all the truly intellectual conservatives out there that can actually back their ideas and opinions, I don't know why anyone listens to this idiot. There are a LOT of intelligent conservatives that for some reason are lesser known and less popular than Beck. It's actually rather embarassing.

Holy crap...I kinda sounded like SicEm there at the end.

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2010, 03:13 AM
Watch one episode of Jon Stewart, couch potato. He'll play 'em for you.

Why would I want to watch that drooler mouth-breather?

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2010, 03:15 AM
Good ol' LAS is full default attack mode. God bless you.

Atlsooner
8/30/2010, 07:25 AM

LOL........Somebody from California calling anybody who went to this thing is a loon. Keep giving to your half Billion $$ high school.

Crucifax Autumn
8/30/2010, 07:44 AM
Hell, I wish my kid was going to a half billion dollar high school. Would beat the **** out of the tree fitty schools we have here!

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 09:18 AM
With all the truly intellectual conservatives out there that can actually back their ideas and opinions, I don't know why anyone listens to this idiot..

They are not as combative, agressive, populist, and info-taining as Mr. Beck. The loud crazy ones draw in morons like moths to a light. Their argument is easy to repeat, but, as you pointed out, hard to refute. Go the William F. Buckley route and you have to know your sh*t. Go the Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, you yell loud, say the world is out to get you, and dance around going "la-la-la" every time someone pokes a hole in your "facts".

tl:dr William F. Buckley is rolling in his grave.

GrapevineSooner
8/30/2010, 09:40 AM
They are not as combative, agressive, populist, and info-taining as Mr. Beck. The loud crazy ones draw in morons like moths to a light. Their argument is easy to repeat, but, as you pointed out, hard to refute. Go the William F. Buckley route and you have to know your sh*t. Go the Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, you yell loud, say the world is out to get you, and dance around going "la-la-la" every time someone pokes a hole in your "facts".

tl:dr William F. Buckley is rolling in his grave.

Which is exactly why I stopped listening to Limbaugh, Hannity, have never and will never listen to Beck.

That having been said, at least he's good for being a magnet for the truly vile left to come out of the shadows and reveal their absolute hatred of the man...and Palin.

Tell me, is it not enough these days to simply disagree with somebody?

I mean, I disagree with a lot of Obama's policies. But I don't hate the man. I've never met him.

Which, I think, brings me to the reason why I just hate politics.

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 09:47 AM
Which is exactly why I stopped listening to Limbaugh, Hannity, have never and will never listen to Beck.

That having been said, at least he's good for being a magnet for the truly vile left to come out of the shadows and reveal their absolute hatred of the man...and Palin.

Tell me, is it not enough these days to simply disagree with somebody?

I mean, I disagree with a lot of Obama's policies. But I don't hate the man. I've never met him.

Which, I think, brings me to the reason why I just hate politics.

Man, if it was a one way street, I would be sided with the party that was above the fray. Sadly, in our present society of politics for politics sake, we get to see the bad side of both groups. Sadly, the bad side for both seems to be growing, and our country is getting more and more polarized. This weekend I saw a lovely shirt that said

"Pay for Obama

'Psalm 109:8
May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.'"

Ok, not that bad. But the verses after that, the ones that put it into context?

"May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.

May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.

May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation.

May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.

May their sins always remain before the Lord, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth."

WTF? Really? Eh, whatever.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2010, 09:49 AM
Why would I want to watch that drooler mouth-breather?

Jon Stewart? He's the best thing going on TV.

GrapevineSooner
8/30/2010, 10:00 AM
Man, if it was a one way street, I would be sided with the party that was above the fray. Sadly, in our present society of politics for politics sake, we get to see the bad side of both groups. Sadly, the bad side for both seems to be growing, and our country is getting more and more polarized. This weekend I saw a lovely shirt that said

"Pay for Obama

'Psalm 109:8
May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.'"

Ok, not that bad. But the verses after that, the ones that put it into context?

"May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.

May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children.

May his descendants be cut off, their names blotted out from the next generation.

May the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord; may the sin of his mother never be blotted out.

May their sins always remain before the Lord, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth."

WTF? Really? Eh, whatever.

Oh, I'm not doubting that the right has as many mouth breathers as the left.

Your example proves it.

Reasonable people ought to be able to disagree. But as extremists on both sides prove, completely delusional people can, too.

Difference is, one tact leads to constructive dialogue while the other leads to an ongoing game of oneupsmanship.

GrapevineSooner
8/30/2010, 10:02 AM
Jon Stewart? He's the best thing going on TV.

Stewart's best segment might have been his 'follow the money' segment on Fox News' reporting on Park 51 (I refuse to call it the GZM since it's not actually at Ground Zero). :D

JohnnyMack
8/30/2010, 10:14 AM
Stewart's best segment might have been his 'follow the money' segment on Fox News' reporting on Park 51 (I refuse to call it the GZM since it's not actually at Ground Zero). :D

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap

"The Parent Trap"

That was definitely awesome!

8/30/2010, 11:58 AM
Jon Stewart? He's the best thing going on TV.You like him better than Bill Maher? Oh geez, we will have to watch Stewart more often haha.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/30/2010, 12:05 PM
I'm trying to learn from this thread. So if I start breathing through my mouth will I begin to listen to Glenn Beck or grow a bigger penis?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 12:14 PM
I'm trying to learn from this thread. So if I start breathing through my mouth will I begin to listen to Glenn Beck or grow a bigger penis?

No, you will be given a coupon for a free boomer-sooner ringtone from ENA.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/30/2010, 12:20 PM
No, you will be given a coupon for a free boomer-sooner ringtone from ENA.
Eric Nelson Anthony?

Golly Gee. He's my favorite. I'm switching to mouth breathing now.

swardboy
8/30/2010, 12:23 PM

You lost me at "I'm trying to learn from this thread..."

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 12:32 PM
You lost me at "I'm trying to learn from this thread..."

We can all learn from the mistakes of others...

Scott D
8/30/2010, 01:49 PM
except on this forum there is very little learning. I'd like to thank the alarmism for that.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:08 PM
Why would I want to watch that drooler mouth-breather?Because he's smarter, more talented, funnier and more informed than you are. That's just one set of reasons. Don't let 'em get in your way. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:09 PM
Good ol' LAS is full default attack mode. God bless you.Says the guy who brought up my penis and then started posting photos of me.

Wah.

Maybe I should find that one photo of you on the war ship...only it would stretch the page and make children weep.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:10 PM
LOL........Somebody from California calling anybody who went to this thing is a loon. Keep giving to your half Billion $$ high school.a) no idea what school you're talking about and b) you're right...everyone in California is dumb. That's why we create 99% of the tech in this country, have the majority of think tanks, some of the best Universities...wait...why am I even trying to converse with you? :rolleyes:

Now go eat some more paste.

GKeeper316
8/30/2010, 02:11 PM
That's where the GKeep can look it up.

i'm smarter than you. i know what authoritarian means. i want you to explain to me how we live under any more of an "authoritarian government" now than we did 20 or even 30 years ago.

i just dont get what your view of america is... you rant and rail against anyone who has a different world view than you, while at the same time lining up to be spoon-fed right-wing propoganda and scare tactics made by people who could give two ****s about america, and are only interested in gaining listeners, because listeners = ratings and ratings = more money they can charge in advertising dollars. not to mention the fact that the source you use for all your information has been caught, red-handed, many many times flat out lying to your face, but that doesnt seem to bother you as long as you like the lie, does it?

you think rush and glen are great thinkers who have joe the plumber's best interests at heart, when the truth is that they dont give a **** about anyone but themselves. if they really cared about america, they would run for office and try to effect change the right way, instead of cryin tyranny every time the legally elected president of the united states tries to do something that actually will benefit the majority of the people, while neglecting to tell the ignorant as you fan bases that any government program is socialist in nature. every single one. you want true freedom? thats called anarchy. the second you start telling people what they can and can't do in a civilized society, you have infringed upon freedom. we accept that we give up freedoms for the sake of civil order.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:15 PM
GKeep...you've made the classic mistake of trying to converse logically with RLiMC.

You'll soon learn your folly. :D

47straight
8/30/2010, 02:24 PM
Glenn Beck didn't do anything wrong. Isn't he allowed to love America as much as we are?

The only...ONLY reason this is a "hot topic" is because there are a bunch of really freakin' ignorant people in this country who get mad about anything "different" from them.

47straight
8/30/2010, 02:24 PM
Freedom of assembly, people. This is America. You don't like it? Get the eff out.

And quit attacking our Constitution, everyone who's against freedom of assembly.

Why do you all hate America?

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 02:26 PM
Nobody is attacking the rights of a bunch of retards to assemble. We're just making fun of the cluster**** they presented.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2010, 02:27 PM
Freedom of religion, people. This is America. You don't like it? Get the eff out.

And quit attacking our Constitution, everyone who's against freedom of religion.

Why do you all hate America?

Exactly! Now let's build that mosque!

Wait.

What?

GKeeper316
8/30/2010, 02:30 PM

Wait.

What?

spek

C&CDean
8/30/2010, 02:33 PM
This thread is exactly the reason I'm seriously considering no politics every day except Friday.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2010, 02:33 PM
This thread is exactly the reason I'm seriously considering no politics every day except Friday.

I'm gonna punch you in your ovaries.

47straight
8/30/2010, 02:35 PM
Nobody is attacking the rights of a bunch of retards to assemble. We're just making fun of the cluster**** they presented.

Oh I see the difference. You're just making fun. The other people are attacking someone else's constitutional rights. If they agreed with you, "they'd just be exercising their own right to free speech." Someone is correct if they agree with you and they're wrong if they don't.

Thanks for clearing that up.

TUSooner
8/30/2010, 02:35 PM
The only...ONLY reason this is a "hot topic" is because there are a bunch of really freakin' ignorant people in this country who get mad about anything "different" from them.

That's the best description Beck and his herd that I've seen so far.

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 02:38 PM

But then what would RLIMC do?

47straight
8/30/2010, 02:41 PM

Wait.

What?

I can't figure out if that was intentional or not.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2927527#post2927527

47straight
8/30/2010, 02:44 PM
That's the best description Beck and his herd that I've seen so far.

I don't know why you hate the freedom of assembly so much.

GKeeper316
8/30/2010, 02:47 PM

assembly is still a restricted freedom, you know...

JohnnyMack
8/30/2010, 02:49 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2927527#post2927527

lolcatz!

It was NOT. I hadn't seen that yet.

:P

Atlsooner
8/30/2010, 03:40 PM
This is a typical Liberal, looking for a handout.

Huffington Post Offers $100,000 for Sex Tapes, Phone Records to Destroy Glenn Beck
Monday, August 30, 2010 | Kristinn

Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 9:24:16 AM by kristinn

Edited on Monday, August 30, 2010 2:25:08 PM by Jim Robinson. [history]

In the wake of Glenn Beck's hugely successful Restoring Honor rally held in Washington, D.C. this weekend, the Huffington Post has published an offer of $100,000 to anyone with evidence that would destroy Beck's reputation and take him off the political/cultural battlefield.

An essay written by Beau Friedlander, the last editor-in-chief of Air America before it shut down this year, was posted in the Politics section of the Huffington Post today with the title, $100,000 For Glenn Beck's Sex Tape.

Friedlander says he will not use his own money for the hit, but that he will "broker" the deal.

It is time to pop the tea baggers' favorite balloon (so what if it will be replaced by another?), and with that in mind I hereby offer to negotiate a $100,000 payday to the person who will come forward with a sex tape or phone records or anything else that succeeds in removing Glenn Beck from the public eye forever. I am not offering the cash myself, but I will broker the deal and/or raise the money for what you bring to the table. (And it better be good.)

If you have the goods, or if you want to contribute to a slush fund to buy more takedowns (probably not tax deductible), please contact me at: [email protected].

Friedlander couches his offer in the context of Andrew Breitbart's offer of $100,000 for the Journolist listserve messages, but this is more in line with pornographer Larry Flynt's blackmail campaign against Congressmen during Bill Clinton's impeachment, which followed a threat from Clinton conveyed by George Stephanopoulos to expose their sex lives.

Likewise, the Huffington Post has ties to the Obama White House, raising the question of whether the White House is behind this targeting of Beck.

GKeeper316
8/30/2010, 03:42 PM
liberal looking for a hand-out?

i dont get it...

soonerhubs
8/30/2010, 03:47 PM
liberal looking for a hand-out?

i dont get it...

I don't either, but I hope that's not true. As much as I may disagree with someone, it's not cool to put that offer out there.

C&CDean
8/30/2010, 03:49 PM
pfffft. If they've got him boning some dude the libs will be joining the tea party en masse.

saucysoonergal
8/30/2010, 03:52 PM
Dean, we all know it will be a farm animal and no one wants to see that.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 03:54 PM
Oh I see the difference. You're just making fun. The other people are attacking someone else's constitutional rights. If they agreed with you, "they'd just be exercising their own right to free speech." Someone is correct if they agree with you and they're wrong if they don't.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Wait...what!? Uhm...I have NO idea how you made THAT leap in "logic."

Let's get this straight...I think Beck, and his followers, are freakin' ignorant, uninformed, emotionally unbalanced, out of touch, undereducated, tin foil hat wearing loons. That said, they have a right to get together and rally all day long because it gives me funny stuff to point and laugh at and even dumber quotes to repeat to my friends and mock all day long.

Nobody is saying they should have been denied their right to gather and spew their idiocy.

So....you wanna try and twist that statement around into me somehow "denying their Constitutional rights" again? :pop:

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 03:56 PM
Oh, and by the way...there is NO way that Beck is gay at all. That's just silly.

The Liberals don't need anyone to "reveal some tape" of Beck doing or saying something stupid. He does it for them every single day on TV.

Sooner_Havok
8/30/2010, 04:00 PM
LAS is not saying that they shouldn't assemble. He is questioning the wisdom of them assembling.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 04:18 PM
I'm questioning the wisdom in their walking, talking, voting, breeding and breathing...

homerSimpsonsBrain
8/30/2010, 04:25 PM

I'm going to skip over the standard etiquette and simply triple-dog-dare you.

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2010, 04:40 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2927527#post2927527Looks like somebody broke your "IRONY" detector. :cool:

the_ouskull
8/30/2010, 06:07 PM
So, have we learned anything about the journalistic acumen and integrity of "kristinn" yet? The name sounds professional.

I'd apply the same thing to someone dropping some crap like this on the board with their second post, even though they've been registered since late October of '07.

See? That's the problem with politics these days. It used to just be news anchors reading the news, and allowing people to draw their own conclusions. Now it's corporations, owning the news, and telling the news what's news and which agendas to promote.

The 24-hour news cycle has saturated the market, but, to pay the bills, they have to keep running stories. That's how people like the current crop of reality show "stars," and people like Glenn Beck are considered "famous" at all. Once the "real" news is over, you still have to put something out there. That's when the people who run the whole thing (FOX, etc...) start saying, "Well, what can we do to 1) up our ratings, in order to milk more money from sponsors? 2) up our "q" rating; get people talking about us? 3) maintain our core audience, and draw in new, loyal viewers?"

Now people can watch "the news" from their favorite source, and never even have to see an opinion that differs from their own. The things that they think are constantly being re-affirmed to them, day after day and night after night. If you never question your beliefs, and you just believe them because they're all that you know, then...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01289/goose_step_1289913c.jpg

...sorry. But, more often than not, when confronted with an opinion; even one backed up with facts and logic beyond that of Mel Gibson's ex, if it's not an opinion that you even acknowledge, it will never be one you listen to or respect either. The bi-partisan NEWS, for God's sake, has removed the need to ever hear a dissenting opinion.

Beck's "people" can't fathom; aren't even capable of fathoming, the idea that President Obama could do one single thing correctly, ever. Not one. What he does right never gets reported, and certainly never gets reported as "right."

Why do you think there aren't any shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report for conservatives?

Those guys "get" the joke. Guys like Beck... he IS the joke. What scares me is that there are people out there who really do hang on his every word.

People, to educate yourselves; TRULY educate yourselves, you have to get news from sources other than "your own." You have to try things you've never tried. Educated people don't have to be told how to think. They form their own opinions.

Anybody who gets angry; literally MAD, over politics needs to check themselves and try to control first the sh*t in their lives that they CAN before they try to control the sh*t that they can't. People create drama when they feel like their life isn't interesting enough for them. Politics isn't a hobby for people like that, it's another sport, and, apparently, yet another one that they suck at.

the_ouskull

TUSooner
8/30/2010, 06:42 PM
Oh come on. :rolleyes: The right to assemble is not the right to be agreed with. They can assemble til Kingdom Come and I can still think they're dumber than ****.

Pogue Mahone
8/30/2010, 06:53 PM
And the rest of the story on the tape "offer"

Beau Friedlander
Posted: August 30, 2010 04:08 PM
An Apology to Glenn Beck
Earlier today I posted something on Huffington Post that was taken down by the staff there. I can accept and respect their reasons for doing that.
The post was called "$100,000 For Glenn Beck's Sex Tape." It was supposed to simply make the point that the right does not hesitate to play rough with the left, and the right is far better financed. It was glib, but finally off-kilter and misdirected.
I was actually trying to mimic what I saw as the way right wingers go about these matters, and by misapprehending the way they do things, I went too far. (I offered to broker a deal for anyone who had damaging media pertaining to Glenn Beck.)
First, I owe Glenn Beck an apology. I crossed the line. On the off chance something comes in over the transom...scratch that; I'll delete the email account. Problem solved.
I meant to tilt at a windmill in the post, and I planted my lance in the dirt.

47straight
8/30/2010, 06:57 PM
lolcatz!

It was NOT. I hadn't seen that yet.

:P

That's really funny.

47straight
8/30/2010, 07:04 PM
Oh come on. :rolleyes: The right to assemble is not the right to be agreed with. They can assemble til Kingdom Come and I can still think they're dumber than ****.

So it's freedom of religion that is the right to be agreed with?

picasso
8/30/2010, 09:26 PM
So, have we learned anything about the journalistic acumen and integrity of "kristinn" yet? The name sounds professional.

I'd apply the same thing to someone dropping some crap like this on the board with their second post, even though they've been registered since late October of '07.

See? That's the problem with politics these days. It used to just be news anchors reading the news, and allowing people to draw their own conclusions. Now it's corporations, owning the news, and telling the news what's news and which agendas to promote.

The 24-hour news cycle has saturated the market, but, to pay the bills, they have to keep running stories. That's how people like the current crop of reality show "stars," and people like Glenn Beck are considered "famous" at all. Once the "real" news is over, you still have to put something out there. That's when the people who run the whole thing (FOX, etc...) start saying, "Well, what can we do to 1) up our ratings, in order to milk more money from sponsors? 2) up our "q" rating; get people talking about us? 3) maintain our core audience, and draw in new, loyal viewers?"

Now people can watch "the news" from their favorite source, and never even have to see an opinion that differs from their own. The things that they think are constantly being re-affirmed to them, day after day and night after night. If you never question your beliefs, and you just believe them because they're all that you know, then...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01289/goose_step_1289913c.jpg

...sorry. But, more often than not, when confronted with an opinion; even one backed up with facts and logic beyond that of Mel Gibson's ex, if it's not an opinion that you even acknowledge, it will never be one you listen to or respect either. The bi-partisan NEWS, for God's sake, has removed the need to ever hear a dissenting opinion.

Beck's "people" can't fathom; aren't even capable of fathoming, the idea that President Obama could do one single thing correctly, ever. Not one. What he does right never gets reported, and certainly never gets reported as "right."

Why do you think there aren't any shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report for conservatives?

Those guys "get" the joke. Guys like Beck... he IS the joke. What scares me is that there are people out there who really do hang on his every word.

People, to educate yourselves; TRULY educate yourselves, you have to get news from sources other than "your own." You have to try things you've never tried. Educated people don't have to be told how to think. They form their own opinions.

Anybody who gets angry; literally MAD, over politics needs to check themselves and try to control first the sh*t in their lives that they CAN before they try to control the sh*t that they can't. People create drama when they feel like their life isn't interesting enough for them. Politics isn't a hobby for people like that, it's another sport, and, apparently, yet another one that they suck at.

the_ouskull

Give me a break Skull. Any President is going to get the same treatment from the other side.
Beck's "people," probably don't like Obama's political background (which is linked to some shady folks from Chicago) AND they don't like his policies and the urgent need to nationalize everything under the sun.
You guys crying racism are just as bad as the so-called "flock" of the goofy Mormon Beck.
One more thing, it's quite interesting that when someone disagrees with you then they must be uninformed, stupid, drooling, struggling to stand erect and will just believe anything some funny radio guy will say.

yermom
8/30/2010, 10:09 PM
it's one thing to disagree, it's another thing to be a moron just trying to get ratings. he's admitted as much himself:

"I could give a flying crap about the political process." Making money, on the other hand, is to be taken very seriously, and controversy is its own coinage. "We're an entertainment company,"

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0426/entertainment-fox-news-simon-schuster-glenn-beck-inc.html

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2010, 11:35 PM
I believe the man is sincere in his convictions but is also a capitalist. Two traits that have made this country great.

GKeeper316
8/30/2010, 11:43 PM
I believe the man is sincere in his convictions but is also a capitalist. Two traits that have made this country great.

thats one possibility... or he could be a total ****** telling people what they want to hear so that they'll pay attention to him, and buy his books, subscribe to his magazine, etc.

im gonna go with he's a ******.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 12:03 AM
Wow, and I always thought a capitalist was a someone who found a niche in the market and tried to fill the demand to make a profit. Who knew another word for it was ******?

Obama's a total doosh & he fooled enough people to become president. :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 12:16 AM
Anyone who is 100% pure far left or far right on every issue IS a total doosh.

They do however have every right to make money on it and say any stupid shat they want.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 12:18 AM
Wow, and I always thought a capitalist was a someone who found a niche in the market and tried to fill the demand to make a profit. Who knew another word for it was ******?

Obama's a total doosh & he fooled enough people to become president. :eek:

hey i got no problem with being a good capitalist... the problem is that he's supposed to be a journalist... at least thats what his network tries to claim.

he's more like william randolph hearst.

making money at the expense of any journalistic integrity isnt noble at all. its incredibly ******y.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 12:21 AM
Anyone who is 100% pure far left or far right on every issue IS a total doosh.

They do however have every right to make money on it and say any stupid shat they want.

no, they actually don't. not in this business. anywhere but fox and beck would have been fired for his total and complete lack of anything approaching objectivity.

there are rules to working as a journalist. fox ignores them in favor of profit. anyone who relies on fox, rush limbaugh or glenn beck to keep them informed is neither intelligent nor reasonable.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 12:24 AM
Oh no. He has several times he's not a journalist, and is proud of that fact.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 12:25 AM
Beck has stated on multiple occasions that "his network" is an entertainment channel, so there's that.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 12:25 AM
that calls itself fox news network.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 12:28 AM
If you don't listen to his radio program or his TV program you have an uninormed opinion--just as I have one of John Stewart, The Huffington Post, etc.

Beck owns his own radio show and is syndicated.

GrapevineSooner
8/31/2010, 12:29 AM
no, they actually don't. not in this business. anywhere but fox and beck would have been fired for his total and complete lack of anything approaching objectivity.

there are rules to working as a journalist. fox ignores them in favor of profit. anyone who relies on fox, rush limbaugh or glenn beck to keep them informed is neither intelligent nor reasonable.

MSNBC continues to employ Keith Olbermann.

Just sayin'.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 12:31 AM
No way should anyone at FOX or MSNBC be fired for what they do. Doesn't change the fact they are all dooshers though.

SteelCitySooner
8/31/2010, 01:38 AM
Beck has never said or proclaimed to be a journalist. In fact, he out right denies it. You people really need to get your facts straight. Maybe listen to his radio show or watch his program a few times before you start to judge.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 03:49 AM
Beck has never said or proclaimed to be a journalist. In fact, he out right denies it. You people really need to get your facts straight. Maybe listen to his radio show or watch his program a few times before you start to judge.

I do watch his show.

The fact still remains that he appears on a network that calls itself a NEWS network, and as long as you are on a NEWS network, there are industry ethics standards that you have to adhere to. Standards that, by the way, Glenn Beck never learned because he didn't bother going to college... he won a contest when he was 13 to have his own local radio show and has been doing that ever since.

If the Fox News Network would simply rename itself to the Fox Neo-Conservative Propaganda Network, and if Rupert Murdoch (owner of said network, who's Australian, by the way) would stop giving money to Republican political organizations, I wouldn't have a single problem with what they do. But as long as they call themselves Newsmen, either outright or by association with their NEWS network, and I happen to be a news professional myself, I take issue with everything these *******s say, and the forum in which they do it.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 05:12 AM
So self education means nothing?

NBC should rename itself the "General Electric Puppet Network".

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 05:40 AM
So self education means nothing?

NBC should rename itself the "General Electric Puppet Network".

when did i say self education means nothing?

if you have no valid argument, don't attempt to create one by putting words in my mouth.

its actually a traditional republican tactic when they've lost a real argument... make one up that you think you can win by trying to trap your opponent into a question there's no good answer for.

i'm a whole helluva lot smarter than that.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 05:53 AM
Standards that, by the way, Glenn Beck never learned because he didn't bother going to college...

Your words, not mine. He seems to be a pretty successful guy & is willing to education himself on many subjects. Ethics, in today's "journalism". Heh. I noticed you're not going after folks like Stewart, Olberman, Huffington, Rather, etc., etc., etc. Maybe they missed that class too.

I'm glad you've declared yourself "the winner". It's what liberals do when they make a stupid statement and somebody calls them on it.

soonerhubs
8/31/2010, 05:57 AM
The same media ethics are ignored on MSNBC, no?

I do agree that both news organizations have their biases though.

In fact some would argue that most media these days outside of a few like Amy Goodman are swayed at least to some extent by the coorporate interests.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 06:02 AM
Hubler, that post just sent a thrill up my leg! :D

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:13 AM
Your words, not mine. He seems to be a pretty successful guy & is willing to education himself on many subjects. Ethics, in today's "journalism". Heh. I noticed you're not going after folks like Stewart, Olberman, Huffington, Rather, etc., etc., etc. Maybe they missed that class too.

I'm glad you've declared yourself "the winner". It's what liberals do when they make a stupid statement and somebody calls them on it.

1. John Stewart is a comedian on a network called Comedy Central. Nobody would ever mistake his program for a serious journalistic effort.

2. I merely stated that he did not go to college, and was not taught journalistic ethics in an approved course of study in the field of journalism.

3. I know exactly how biased Olberman is, as well as most of what we consider the "mainstream" media, but we're talking about Glenn Beck, aren't we? So stay on topic and try to refrain from changing the subject.

and I didn't declare myself the winner. you simply lost the argument because you don't know **** about **** when it comes to TV. It's cool. I don't know **** about **** when it comes to doing stuff like farming wheat or building a house. But I do know about TV news. I forgot more about TV news than you will ever know. Why is that? Because I went to school to learn how to work in TV news, and have been doing so almost since the day I graduated.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 06:19 AM
Not impressed so far. You sound like a typical left leaning media apologist. Don't forget that.

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 06:23 AM

Are you ****ing kidding me??? REALLY???

How about you get your head out of Olbermans *** and use a little objectivity!!!

You are a complete and total ****ing moron if don't think that MSNBC is a liberal slanting "news" organization.

The bottom line here is that there are left leaning networks and then there if Fox. The funny thing about all of it this...Fox is slaughter everybodies *** in the ratings...and the whiny *** liberals HATE it :P

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:23 AM
Not impressed so far. You sound like a typical left leaning media apologist. Don't forget that.

apologist?

how so?

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 06:29 AM
Sooner in Tampa summed it up pretty well.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:30 AM
Are you ****ing kidding me??? REALLY???

How about you get your head out of Olbermans *** and use a little objectivity!!!

You are a complete and total ****ing moron if don't think that MSNBC a liberal slanting "news" organization.

The bottom line here is that there are left leaning networks and then there if Fox. The funny thing about all of it this...Fox is slaughter everybodies *** in the ratings...and the whiny *** liberals HATE it :P

wow... you're like 20 minutes behind in the conversation.

and, once again I'll say it for the guy that can't read through a whole thread before chiming in... I know the media is biased. I once asked Jerry Bohnen if it was even possible for a reporter to do a completely unbiased story... all he said was a simple "No".

Fox's rating are so high because they DON'T give people the news. They give people like you exactly what you want to hear, because, once again, ratings = more money they can charge advertisers.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:32 AM
Sooner in Tampa summed it up pretty well.

summed up what? that he's just too ****in lazy to read through a whole thread?

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 06:35 AM
wow... you're like 20 minutes behind in the conversation.

and, once again I'll say it for the guy that can't read through a whole thread before chiming in... I know the media is biased. I once asked Jerry Bohnen if it was even possible for a reporter to do a completely unbiased story... all he said was a simple "No".

Fox's rating are so high because they DON'T give people the news. They give people like you exactly what you want to hear, because, once again, ratings = more money they can charge advertisers.

Thank you for once again proving what an idiot you are...I don't watch Fox (nice assumption though). I don't watch CNN or MSNBC...they all suck ***. I try from time to time to give them a chance...but the they are moronic and I tire of them rather quickly.

So...try again buckshot.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:36 AM
Thank you for once again proving what an idiot you are...I don't watch Fox (nice assumption though). I don't watch CNN or MSNBC...they all suck ***. I try from time to time to give them a chance...but the they are moronic and I tire of them rather quickly.

So...try again buckshot.

like i give 2 ****s where you get your news...

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 06:40 AM
like i give 2 ****s where you get your news...

HAHAHA...nice one.

OH...I forgot, you "I forgot more about TV news than you will ever know."

Nobody could ever call you an elistist pompous jackass liberal who looks down his nose at the little people.

HAHAHAHA...your funny dude.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 06:40 AM
Since fox is apparently the only network that doesn't lean left i'm actually not surprised by their seeming ratings dominance. When they have more viewers than all of the other "leftie" networks I'll give 'em credit. I'm pretty sure if they all leaned right except MSNBC, then they'd be the ones touting their high ratings.

And for the record...MSNBC is way left, as much as Fox is right, but they bother me less since no one watches anyway. Personally, I'm sitting here watching Morning Joe right now, but only because the chick co-host is ALWAYS acting drunk and high and it makes me laugh when her wasted azz argues with Scarborough. Now THAT is a retardathon and I can't keep my eyes off it as hilarity always ensues.

As the day goes on though, I'll do my regular thing and rotate through all of the news, local and national, and come to the same conclusion I always do: The partisan hacks and biased coverage from them all is moronic, childish, divisive, and tearing the country apart as much or more than the actual people in power.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:50 AM
HAHAHA...nice one.

OH...I forgot, you "I forgot more about TV news than you will ever know."

Nobody could ever call you an elistist pompous jackass liberal who looks down his nose at the little people.

I'm the pompous jackass? I've invested a large amount of money and a larger chunk of my life working in this business, and I am very good at what i do.

Your inability to recognize someone else's experise in a particular field is what's pompous.

Is your pride so delicate that admitting someone else might know more than you about something would really affect you so negatively? I mean if I needed surgery on my eye, I sure as hell wouldn't go ask a cop, would I? I'd go see a ****ing eye surgeon, because he is an expert in his field, as am I in mine. I would hope that anyone who takes his or her career seriously would aspire to be recognized for what he is able to do professionally, and that other people would have the common ****ing courtesy to concede that expertise.

this is the best part. I don't even need my degree in journalism from the University of Oklahoma's Gaylord College of Mass Communication to know you're a much much much bigger idiot than me, since I at least know the difference between "your" and "you're".

You may attempt to debate with me once you've learned how to ****ing spell a simple word.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 06:50 AM
you don't know **** about **** when it comes to TV. It's cool. I don't know **** about **** when it comes to doing stuff like farming wheat or building a house. But I do know about TV news. I forgot more about TV news than you will ever know. Why is that? Because I went to school to learn how to work in TV news, and have been doing so almost since the day I graduated.

It's not nearly as colorful as the Hielander post, but it's at least a 7 on the meltdown scale.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 06:52 AM
this is the best part. I don't even need my degree in journalism from the University of Oklahoma's Gaylord College of Mass Communication to know you're a much much much bigger idiot than me, since I at least know the difference between "your" and "you're".

You may attempt to debate with me once you've learned how to ****ing spell a simple word.

Now it's getting good. Would you like to compare paychecks? :D

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:53 AM
Now it's getting good. Would you like to compare paychecks? :D

Is that how you measure a man? By his paycheck?

kinda sad, really...

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 06:53 AM
I compare penis size myself.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 06:54 AM
I compare penis size myself.

Me too.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 06:55 AM
You can't forget the importance of massive balls though.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 06:58 AM
Is that how you measure a man? By his paycheck?

kinda sad, really...

Whoa now Mr. Sheepskin. Let's just see how far yer high falottin' education got you. You're the one who's throwing that **** up in our faces. Not me. I just wanted to see if you're getting the bang for your buck.

Crucifax Autumn
8/31/2010, 06:59 AM
That's illegal in most states.

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 07:02 AM
Whoa now Mr. Sheepskin. Let's just see how far yer high falottin' education got you. You're the one who's throwing that **** up in our faces. Not me. I just wanted to see if you're getting the bang for your buck.

And I'll bet Brad Pitt makes more than everyone that posts on this board put together. What's your point?

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 07:04 AM
If I had wanted to focus my education on a career path that would make me a ton of money, I would have gotten a Biology degree and gone to Med school, or followed my father into the law.

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 07:35 AM
I'm the pompous jackass? I've invested a large amount of money and a larger chunk of my life working in this business, and I am very good at what i do.

Your inability to recognize someone else's experise in a particular field is what's pompous.

I guess you can't spell either... HUH...imagine that

I guess you flaunt your expertise on a message board...WHOA...you are special

And please point out to when and where you flaunted your expertise?

Here?

Here?

I didn't declare myself the winner. you simply lost the argument because you don't know **** about **** when it comes to TV. It's cool. I don't know **** about **** when it comes to doing stuff like farming wheat or building a house. But I do know about TV news.

Ehhh...not so much

Is your pride so delicate that admitting someone else might know more than you about something would really affect you so negatively? I mean if I needed surgery on my eye, I sure as hell wouldn't go ask a cop, would I? I'd go see a ****ing eye surgeon, because he is an expert in his field, as am I in mine. I would hope that anyone who takes his or her career seriously would aspire to be recognized for what he is able to do professionally, and that other people would have the common ****ing courtesy to concede that expertise.

Congrats on getting a degree from OU...I am sure your parents are very proud...nobody claimed(at least I can't find) that you didn't know your job...you are the one who chose the pompous jack *** attitude...I know more than you have forgotten...pompous...VERY POMPOUS :P

So, I guess that is why you such an elitist self loving jackass?

GKeeper316
8/31/2010, 07:48 AM
I guess you can't spell either... HUH...imagine that

I guess you flaunt your expertise on a message board...WHOA...you are special

And please point out to when and where you flaunted your expertise?

Here?

Here?

Ehhh...not so much

Congrats on getting a degree from OU...I am sure your parents are very proud...nobody claimed(at least I can't find) that you didn't know your job...you are the one who chose the pompous jack *** attitude...I know more than you have forgotten...pompous...VERY POMPOUS :P

So, I guess that is why you such an elitist self loving jackass?

that's like... reason #37 of why I'm an elitist self-loving jackass.

which is a ****-ton better than being a barely literate, unable to think for himself or construct a proper argument moron like you, so I'm still coming out of this ahead of you and 68.

and I sincerly apologize for missing a letter in a word that you obviously knew what it was, which is also a ****-ton better than just substituting a completely other word because you're unable to spell.

now grab your helmet before you miss the short bus to school.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 07:50 AM
And I'll bet Brad Pitt makes more than everyone that posts on this board put together. What's your point?

The point is throwing your degree up in my face means nothing to me.

SoonerBorn68
8/31/2010, 07:54 AM

which is a ****-ton better than being a barely literate, unable to think for himself or construct a proper argument moron like you, so I'm still coming out of this ahead of you and 68.

and I sincerly apologize for missing a letter in a word that you obviously knew what it was, which is also a ****-ton better than just substituting a completely other word because you're unable to spell.

I like this. He's like a lesser, or poor man's version, of LAS. Default I'm-better-than-you attack mode. At least I can envision LAS holding his nose in the air looking down at us as he types. You, not so much. It just comes off as kindergarten tantrums.

Son, you really need some thicker skin, a drink, a labotomy, or a vacation.

Sooner in Tampa
8/31/2010, 07:55 AM

The 8th grade level joke was a nice touch...but you totally ducked the questions

Now, back to the grown up discussion: Please enlighten us with this so-called expertise that you possess

Come on you can do it...show us what a big buckshot you are...we are waiting..........

C&CDean
9/1/2010, 09:40 AM
Oh for ****'s sake.