PDA

View Full Version : USC no longer 2004 Champion

A-M
8/26/2010, 04:10 PM
Just read this article where USC was stripped of their 2004 football writers title because of the Reggie Bush problems.

http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/oklahomacity/today/news/college-sports/article.cox?moduleType=apNews&articleId=D9HRAEL80

Sanctioned USC stripped of Grantland Rice Trophy for 2004 title by football writers group08-26-2010 12:41 PM CDT

LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) --
Southern California has been stripped of the 2004 Grantland Rice Trophy, which is awarded by the Football Writers Association of America to the nation's top college football team.

The organization said Thursday that a committee of current and former officers voted to revoke the honor after USC was penalized for NCAA violations. It did not award the trophy to another school.

In June, USC received a two-year bowl ban, four years' probation, loss of scholarships and forfeits of an entire year's games. The punishment was for improper benefits to Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush dating to the Trojans' 2004 national championship.

The BCS has said it will likely force USC to vacate its title but won't act until the NCAA hears the Trojans' appeal.

badger
8/26/2010, 04:12 PM
ummm... i think we already have enough USC threads going, no offense?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143556&page=2

Mad Dog Madsen
8/26/2010, 04:12 PM
The Grantland Rice Trophy has been stripped... And no longer on the net. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grantland_Rice_Award

A-M
8/26/2010, 04:20 PM
So how does one know this has been posted when there is nothing on the previous title thread that says anything about any awards. Don't expect people to read everything you say, cause sometimes it just isn't worth reading all of it when there are many pages to a thread.

badger
8/26/2010, 04:32 PM
just look on the main page for the usc thread. no forum search required, just look on the main page.

i hope i am not sounding harsh or anything, because i do not intend to. it's just... i am sick of USC. I am sick of USC talk invading this Sooner message board. I know that it is funny that they are getting their comeuppance five years later, but please, don't start a new thread every time they get mentioned on the news. USC sucks, man. There's so much awesome Sooner football to talk to - and we actually get to go to a bowl this season and contend for the title! eff the trojans.

Frozen Sooner
8/26/2010, 04:33 PM
Sweet. I expect a victory party in Tuscaloosa to follow shortly.

soonerboomer93
8/26/2010, 04:39 PM
will the bama girls flash the tittays for beads? If so, save me a spot

Mad Dog Madsen
8/26/2010, 04:41 PM

More like their cross-town rivals...

A-M
8/26/2010, 05:07 PM
just look on the main page for the usc thread. no forum search required, just look on the main page.

i hope i am not sounding harsh or anything, because i do not intend to. it's just... i am sick of USC. I am sick of USC talk invading this Sooner message board. I know that it is funny that they are getting their comeuppance five years later, but please, don't start a new thread every time they get mentioned on the news. USC sucks, man. There's so much awesome Sooner football to talk to - and we actually get to go to a bowl this season and contend for the title! eff the trojans.

I don't know what you are calling the Main Page. When I click on the football forum, the first page that I see is what I call the main page. On it only gives me the subject (title) of the thread and that doesn't tell me what is written on by every person who is on that thread. So, I think that I am not with you when you say to look on the Main Page. Badger, help me out here and tell me what you mean. Thanks!

badger
8/26/2010, 05:17 PM
I don't know what you are calling the Main Page. When I click on the football forum, the first page that I see is what I call the main page.

that's the one i was referring to :)

no worries, just please, anyone reading, please don't start another USC thread until the two on the main page (yes, that main page, lol) are off of it! no, not even if they lose Auburn's 2004 National Championship next!

sendbaht
8/26/2010, 05:55 PM
So how does one know this has been posted when there is nothing on the previous title thread that says anything about any awards. Don't expect people to read everything you say, cause sometimes it just isn't worth reading all of it when there are many pages to a thread.

Come on A-M you know better then this. Just wake up 2 hours earlier and check each post and recheck. The is no leway for this.

Just joking thanks for the post.

JLEW1818
8/26/2010, 06:22 PM

naw, now texas gets 2 titles for the 2005 season.

they beat a team that cheated =2

Frozen Sooner
8/27/2010, 06:59 AM
More like their cross-town rivals...

Shelton State?

stoopified
8/27/2010, 07:25 AM

i hope i am not sounding harsh or anything, because i do not intend to. it's just... i am sick of USC. I am sick of USC talk invading this Sooner message board. I know that it is funny that they are getting their comeuppance five years later, but please, don't start a new thread every time they get mentioned on the news. USC sucks, man. There's so much awesome Sooner football to talk to - and we actually get to go to a bowl this season and contend for the title! eff the trojans.I could not have said it better myself.