PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Way to prepare an egg?

royalfan5
8/26/2010, 10:41 AM
I go deviled, fried, hard boiled, scrambled, other ways, and last is raw.

BillyBall
8/26/2010, 10:46 AM
Fried, scrambled then sunny side up. All preferably without Salmonella.

TUSooner
8/26/2010, 10:56 AM
I'd hate to have them the same way all the time, but over-medium is probably my first choice. Mrs likes them fried hard and crisp and brown. They are surprisingly excellent that way. The most interestingly cooked egg I ever saw as a poach-fried egg: poached, then lightly breaded and deep-fried. It looked awesome, but I didnlt get to taste it.

1890MilesToNorman
8/26/2010, 10:58 AM
I like mine in cake!

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:02 AM
Fried in the grease left over from my Wright brand bacon! Damn that sounds good! Over medium of coarse.

OUMallen
8/26/2010, 11:07 AM
SCrambled with lots of extra ingredients.

badger
8/26/2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks to some new TV show called Masterchef on Fox (basically, Top Chef with amateurs instead of n00b pros), I was inspired to try my hand at creating various egg dishes. Here's what I did:

1- Hard boiled chopped in a salad. Add lettuce, tomatoes, and some shredded cheese with a little bit of salt and pepper, and you won't even need dressing.

2- My first ever attempt to poach an egg. It really takes alot of patience and care - the first egg went down the drain because I broke one of the yolks. Yes, I was unlucky enough to choose a two-yolk egg. I made something I called "egg mountain," where I cooked a boneless ham steak slab (no larger than a slice of bread), topped it with shredded cheese, , then the poached egg, then seasoning. When that yolk drips out over everything on your first slice, it's perfect.

3- Deviled egg. So, the sausage bits clumped, I didn't cut the eggs exactly down the middle and some of the eggs just broke when I was removing the yolk. Failure dish, but even failures can be tasty.

4- Egg pancake, as I christen it. Get some bacon, cheese slice and bread going in your George Foreman while you have a single egg in a pan. After a few minutes, flip it, and crush the yolk into the rest of it (because yolk breaking into sandwich is bad... ewww, eggy everywhere). A little seasoned salt or garlic powder goes well too.

Eggs are fun. I may never try to just scramble 'em again.

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:20 AM
Breakfast burrito from Chick-Fil-A! Plus their salsa is awesome. Oh, try it with chicken and not sausage!

StoopTroup
8/26/2010, 12:59 PM
Always loosen up the passageway before beginning fertilization of the egg.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/26/2010, 01:01 PM
http://rencooks.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/100_3106.jpg

BillyBall
8/26/2010, 01:04 PM
Always loosen up the passageway before beginning fertilization of the egg.

I am shocked it took that long for a "fertilized" answer... Heh.

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2010, 01:33 PM
I like 'em cooked.

sooneron
8/26/2010, 01:40 PM
Over easy or rancheros!

And of course, the Mexi-scram from The Diner.

C&CDean
8/26/2010, 02:33 PM
We haven't eaten store-bought eggs in years now. How do I like them? Any way momma cooks them. I am extra partial to scrambled with chorizo or over medium with some grated cheese and rooster jizz. Eggs is good. Farm eggs is gooder.

sooner59
8/26/2010, 02:33 PM
I like mine on the pill.

yermom
8/26/2010, 02:37 PM
yes please

basically anything but omelettes

i'm not sure how a combination of eggs and cheese and stuff could go bad, but i just don't like them for some reason. i've tried. i really wanted to like them :D

NormanPride
8/26/2010, 02:44 PM
Dean's right. Fresh eggs are an eye-opening experience. Sadly I have not had that yet. :(

stoops the eternal pimp
8/26/2010, 02:50 PM
i had my first store bought egg when I was in my 20's...We had chickens my whole life, so we ate a lot of eggs prepared in a lot of different ways...

my favorite way to prepare an egg is overeasy and on a cheeseburger, perhaps with bacon on it

Chuck Bao
8/26/2010, 02:51 PM
3- Deviled egg. So, the sausage bits clumped, I didn't cut the eggs exactly down the middle and some of the eggs just broke when I was removing the yolk. Failure dish, but even failures can be tasty.

Never worry. If they are tasty, it doesn't matter how they look. This post really gave me a craving for deviled eggs. I have no idea how my grandma could make them perfectly every time.

I have no idea why when I try to fix them that the yokes are always very lopsided. I have even tried to constantly turning them during the boiling stage and that didn't help.

But, I do know that I have a dozen eggs and all of the other ingredients, including powdered mustard, and I have to fix this tomorrow.

olevetonahill
8/26/2010, 02:54 PM
There aint a bad way to fix eggs
And Like Dean i eat Farm fresh eggs. a friend that lives down the road has him some Chickens and I buy about 4 dozen a month from him . Store eggs about 95 cent the last time i looked I pay him 1.25 cause that thicker yolk is worth it to me .:D

Mississippi Sooner
8/26/2010, 03:03 PM
I'm not picky at all. My favorite way is eggs benedict at Brennan's in New Orleans with a couple of cajun bloody marys.

olevetonahill
8/26/2010, 03:10 PM
I take that back , There is one way to mess up eggs
My last ex Burned Boiled eggs , Nasty

Howzit
8/26/2010, 03:14 PM
Inseminated.

goingoneight
8/26/2010, 03:14 PM
Nobody's mentioned Balboa-style yet.

Mississippi Sooner
8/26/2010, 03:17 PM
Nobody's mentioned Balboa-style yet.

I can only do that when I'm preparing to fight Apollo.

IB4OU2
8/26/2010, 03:47 PM
Two fried over easy, sitting on top of a Denco Darlin'.

soonerborn30
8/26/2010, 04:00 PM
I have a tasty little dish when I go to Ozzie's.

Eggs over medium
Grits
Extra crispy bacon crumbled up into...bacon...bits.

Mix together. Yuuummmm

NormanPride
8/26/2010, 04:06 PM
Never worry. If they are tasty, it doesn't matter how they look. This post really gave me a craving for deviled eggs. I have no idea how my grandma could make them perfectly every time.

I have no idea why when I try to fix them that the yokes are always very lopsided. I have even tried to constantly turning them during the boiling stage and that didn't help.

But, I do know that I have a dozen eggs and all of the other ingredients, including powdered mustard, and I have to fix this tomorrow.

Fresh eggs. There is a strand of stuff in the egg that keeps the yolk centered, and as the egg ages the strand weakens.

Chuck Bao
8/26/2010, 04:09 PM
After reading the posts here, I have come to the realization that eggs are not comfort food, after all. They're guilty food. The only times I cook them or order them in a restaurant is when I'm drunk or have a hangover.

Chuck Bao
8/26/2010, 04:10 PM
Fresh eggs. There is a strand of stuff in the egg that keeps the yolk centered, and as the egg ages the strand weakens.

That is a very interesting point to note. I didn't know that. I guess that I am just getting a lot of old eggs.

soonerboomer93
8/26/2010, 05:55 PM
i had my first store bought egg when I was in my 20's...We had chickens my whole life, so we ate a lot of eggs prepared in a lot of different ways...

my favorite way to prepare an egg is overeasy and on a cheeseburger, perhaps with bacon on it

what's this perhaps ****?

SanJoaquinSooner
8/27/2010, 12:24 AM
We haven't eaten store-bought eggs in years now. How do I like them? Any way momma cooks them. I am extra partial to scrambled with chorizo or over medium with some grated cheese and rooster jizz. Eggs is good. Farm eggs is gooder.

That's funny - every Mexican I've ever known to come to the states for the first time makes the same comment when they first eat eggs in the U.S. They say, "¡Estos huevos prueban como mierda!" which translates to "these eggs taste funny!"

They've never eaten a store-bought egg, since growing up on a ranchera means if you don't have hens, at least your neighbors do, so there are always fresh eggs available.

C&CDean
8/27/2010, 09:03 AM
Fresh eggs are like fresh meat. Once you've slaughtered a calf or a hog and you start eating meat that was grazing on grass, doesn't contain antibiotics, hormones, steroids, and who knows WTF else you can't hardly eat the store bought meat anymore.

One night I was hungry for a grilled steak. We had already finished all the filets and T-bones from the last calf we put up. We had plenty of flank steaks and round steaks so I got a package of round steak out and seasoned it just like if it was a filet. Put it on the grill, cooked it medium-rare, and you could cut it with a butter knife. It was as good as any ribeye you buy at the Walmarts or Safeway. Also, you've never had good chicken fry until you've taken fresh round steaks, beat them with the hammer thing, bread and fry them up. I've never once used a knife to cut one of momma's chicken frys or smothered steak. Falls apart with a fork.

Howzit
8/27/2010, 09:44 AM
You, sir, have obviously never tried McDonalds chicken nuggets.

pilobolus
8/27/2010, 01:48 PM
Scrambled eggs with a little bacon grease and wild onions is my favorite, except for those partially developed duck embryos they eat in Asia.

C&CDean
8/27/2010, 02:01 PM
You, sir, have obviously never tried McDonalds chicken nuggets.

I see grown-assed adults ordering them nasty things. Geez.

Momma just called and she's fixin' to go to the airport in Tucson to come home. She picked me up a quart of carne seca and a quart of chili colorado from Casa Molina. Big daddy is gonna eat fine this weekend.

Howzit
8/27/2010, 02:46 PM
Cretin.

delhalew
8/28/2010, 11:11 AM
I'm in the over medium with bacon grease camp. Eggs benedict does kick arse.
Nothing like farm fresh. I also love the scrambled with chorizo Dean was talking about.

unbiasedtruth
8/29/2010, 05:24 AM
Two fried over easy, sitting on top of a Denco Darlin'.

^^^^^ winner winner chicken egg dinner ^^^^^

SunnySooner
8/29/2010, 07:49 AM
My honey loves my bagel egg sandwich, he's even got the boy hooked on them, and the boy is pretty picky.

Take an "everthing" bagel and toast it lightly. Then put a slice of 'murican cheese (provolone, swiss, prolly some others would be good too), on each piece of bagel and continue toasting until cheese is melty.

While bagel is cooking, fry up a slice of canadian bacon. About 1/4 inch thick. You can use regular bacon or ham, they just both say the Canadian bacon is the best. You just want to heat it thru and get some browning on each side. On the other side of the pan, fry an egg in butter, over medium. Lightly salt and pepper the egg, and build the sandwich, smush it and break the egg yolk, and eat up!! Be sure to serve with plenty of napkins, it's yummy but messy!

stoopified
8/29/2010, 11:53 AM
Chocolate cake

pilobolus
8/30/2010, 09:40 AM
http://www.bananaq.com/images/BananaQ_Balut_no_shell.jpg