PDA

View Full Version : Finch is Out 4-6 Weeks

oudavid1
8/25/2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry guys, looks like we lost one. Sorry if this has already been reported.

BoulderSooner79
8/25/2010, 08:34 PM
Dang.

Sabanball
8/25/2010, 08:45 PM
Hate to see this kind of stuff happen. Hopefully you guys won't miss a beat and Murray will be able to handle the added load. IF he does and you guys make it past Texas undefeated, any chance you think he takes a medical redshirt?

OK2U
8/25/2010, 08:47 PM
Sucks, but we still have one of, if not the best all purpose backs in the country. We'll be fine.

oudavid1
8/25/2010, 09:00 PM
Hate to see this kind of stuff happen. Hopefully you guys won't miss a beat and Murray will be able to handle the added load. IF he does and you guys make it past Texas undefeated, any chance you think he takes a medical redshirt?

well my sOUrce tells me Bob wanted him asap, so most likely not

Tigeman
8/25/2010, 09:04 PM
I'm more worried about Frank Alexander than an unproven freshman RB that's a few spots back on the depth chart :O

OK2U
8/25/2010, 10:20 PM

Freshman running back Roy Finch sustained a hairline ankle fracture during last week's scrimmage but could still play this season.
NewsOK Related Articles

"He's in a cast, walking around best he can on crutches," said coach Bob Stoops. "He has a good attitude. Roy will do well. He'll be back. And we expect him to play. They don't foresee any complications. There's no dislocation."

Stoops said that type of injury usually takes six to eight to eight weeks of recovery but added: "There's no displacement. It's just a little crack in the bone that should heal fine... They may X-ray it in five weeks and it looks good."

Finch turned heads during two-a-days with his ability to make plays in the open field and was vying for playing time behind starter DeMarco Murray and Mossis Madu.

Other injury news

Defensive end Frank Alexander has suffered a sprained ankle. Stoops said Alexander is probable for the season opener but a decision might not be made until next week. Defensive tackle Adrian Taylor is making progress. Stoops said Taylor hasn't been ruled out for Utah State but if he plays it will be limited.

Wide receiver Kenny Stills (groin) has returned to practice. Receivers coach Jay Norvell said Stills, like most freshmen, sometimes plays too fast but is a diligent tape watcher.

"I think he's watched every snap from 2007 and 2006," Norvell said. "He's watched the old Texas games, the championship game against Florida. He's watched the Missouri game. He's learning from other people's mistakes."

Walk-on tryouts today

OU will conduct a walk-on tryout today at 5:15 p.m. at the Switzer Center. Applicants must fill out all forms, including medical forms at www.bobstoops.com/walk-on-tryouts, and return them to trainer Scott Anderson at the Switzer Center. Registration closes at noon.

Applicants must be full-time OU students for the fall semester (12 credit hours). All participants should be dressed appropriately and bring both cleats and flat tennis shoes. Questions should be directed to Merv Johnson (405) 325-2345.

Stills, Nelson fastest

OU released results from its August testing. Stills and senior safety Jonathan Nelson posted the fastest 40-yard dash times (4.40). Cornerback Jamell Fleming ran a 4.48, Finch a 4.50. Ronnell Lewis (4.56) led linebackers. Drew Allen (4.65) is the fastest quarterback.

Guard Stephen Good posted the top bench press (480 pounds). Adrian Taylor and Ben Habern were second (445). Defensive tackle Casey Walker and Good recorded 625-pound squats. The leanest Sooner is wide receiver Brandon Caleb (4.4 percent body fat). Sophomore Lamar Harris (41 inches) and free safety Quinton Carter (40) posted the best vertical leap.

Two-minute drill...

Dejuan Miller was dropped to second team on the latest depth chart but Norvell said competition will continue into next week, stating Miller "has practiced better than he has all camp this week." ... Stoops said coaches continue to tally kicker's conversion percentages during fall camp. "Obviously we don't have it figured out, yet," Stoops said. "Each one has taken their turn not to be as consistent as they need to be.''... Wide receiver Cameron Kinney, a former punter and place kicker, said his mom texted him about today's open tryouts. "I miss kicking. I've kicked since I was in the sixth grade. Place kicking would be my favorite thing one year. The next year it would be punting... I think I could do it but I'm just going to concentrate on wide receiver."

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/article/3488763#ixzz0xg8HPYaS

Collier11
8/25/2010, 10:21 PM
apparently Alexander is probably for Utah St, the boot was just precautionary...^ just saw that

Tigeman
8/25/2010, 10:29 PM
Screw it... .can we put the whole team in body casts till game time? Or those big Sumo suits? LOL

soonerboy
8/25/2010, 10:32 PM
it almost seems like Bob has a part of practice where they line up and beat them with baseball bats as much as these guys get hurt lol

Tigeman
8/25/2010, 10:59 PM
it almost seems like Bob has a part of practice where they line up and beat them with baseball bats as much as these guys get hurt lol

I found the secret Video of practice! Bob Stoops closed door practices! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hESWFCM1s&feature=related)

Okie35
8/25/2010, 10:59 PM
I'm more worried about Frank Alexander than an unproven freshman RB that's a few spots back on the depth chart :O

True but I'd also like everyone to be healthy.

oudavid1
8/26/2010, 12:33 AM
I found the secret Video of practice! Bob Stoops closed door practices! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hESWFCM1s&feature=related)

*** you!

soonerboy_odanorth
8/26/2010, 12:40 AM
Someone call the Orkin guy...

We've got a pesky infestation of buggus injurious...

oudavid1
8/26/2010, 12:44 AM
Someone call the Orkin guy...

We've got a pesky infestation of buggus injurious...

i like your current location lol

soonerboy_odanorth
8/26/2010, 01:01 AM
i like your current location lol

Simmer down. Don't get all flushed there, Sally... we ain't pickin' out drapes together anytime soon.

Just stick to regaling us with stories of Sooner supremacy, and you'll be fine.

oudavid1
8/26/2010, 01:14 AM
Im trying to get my source to hook me up with some solid info on Frank Alexander.

Widescreen
8/26/2010, 08:01 AM
4-6 weeks, huh? I'm guessing that probably means they're actually giving him his last rites. :(

NormanPride
8/26/2010, 08:07 AM
4-6. Just in time for Tejas.

Soonermagik
8/26/2010, 08:15 AM
That sucks!! I've heard that Brennan Clay will have a real chance to start too. Plus, Jermie Calhoun and Madu should be ready to go. The good thing is we are deep at RB.

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 08:49 AM
Yea, just read that Calhoun and Clay will be sharing the snaps behind Murray for the Utah State game. They seem to be really excited about our two frosh backs... especially in the slot. I would like to see Clay step in and throw down a highlight reel game. Things could go wrong in a hurry for Madu if these two backs come in and play strong (Clay and Calhoun).

I have read a couple of conflicting articles. We are hearing that Finch is out 4-6 weeks. But one article stated that Stoops hasn't ruled him out of the Utah State game..... The numbers just don't add up seeing that he just got hurt last week. Im guessing we will see him on the field around *.

texaspokieokie
8/26/2010, 08:52 AM
if he's out as much as 4 weeks; i'd be inclined to "red-shirt" him.

that's with no other RB injuries.

rawlingsHOH
8/26/2010, 09:03 AM

You follow other teams?

goingoneight
8/26/2010, 10:38 AM
Clay won't start over DM. Winning the #2 spot, maybe... he won't start unless something bad happens, though...

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 10:48 AM
Clay won't start over DM. Winning the #2 spot, maybe... he won't start unless something bad happens, though...

Oh, yea. No doubt. I also think it would be pretty difficult for Clay to break out as the sole backup (#2 back). After Murray, the snaps will be divided pretty evenly with the #2 and #3. Unless someone breaks out and has a consistent dominant turnout.

OK2U
8/26/2010, 11:08 AM
Don't forget about Miller, he looked real good last year every time he touched the ball, which wasn't much.
We can buy into the hype of recruiting rankings a little too much, IMHO.

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:16 AM
^agreed. This time of the year we all talk about the hype of our new players and how they are going to dominate without us seeing or knowing anything about these players except for what the coaches say. But, what else can we do. We are rabid fans wanting to talk up our team and our stockpile of talent. But even Miller has only seen carries in one game I believe. I mean, before last season we all thought C. Kenney was going to be the next bad A WR. And then a huge bust..... But, we only have 9 more day before we have proof of who can cut it and who can't.

MojoRisen
8/26/2010, 11:24 AM
I heard Madu solidified the number 2 spot at RB, he seperated from the others.

gaylordfan1
8/26/2010, 11:28 AM
I read that to. I really like Madu. I just hope he can produce more than he has up to this point. He will be setting out this first game. I'm just saying that one of the RB's under him can surpass him with a good showing.

w0lfe
8/26/2010, 11:43 AM
Watched CFB live this morning. You know the one player they actually mentioned. Millard.... Said the kid is so versatile and is a monster.

oudavid1
8/26/2010, 01:24 PM
I have read a couple of conflicting articles. We are hearing that Finch is out 4-6 weeks. But one article stated that Stoops hasn't ruled him out of the Utah State game.....

It might have been before that person got access to actual severity of the injury.

CBUS_SOONER
8/26/2010, 03:03 PM
I don't give a f@!!$ who it is... I'm sick of F@#$ing injuries.

oudavid1
8/26/2010, 03:04 PM
I don't give a f@!!$ who it is... I'm sick of F@#$ing injuries.

http://static.zooomr.com/images/3532819_d1ba87f6a6.jpg

This is football, it comes with the territory.

stoopified
8/27/2010, 10:40 AM
This stuff happens but with Madu,Calhoun,Miller,Clay I ain't too wrried.