PDA

View Full Version : Okay, here goes...

Okla-homey
8/25/2010, 07:25 PM
in an attempt to help encourage my peeps who are over 50, or getting close, I shall post my personal experience/observations as we go thru this colonoscopy dealio. As a reminder, I have no poopchute related complaints. This is just my compliance with my family doc's guidance to have a colon screening because I have achieved half a century on the planet and am still alive.

Post No. 1: The procedure is scheduled for 0950CDT tomorrow (Thursday). I wasn't allowed to eat since breakfast today. I arrived home about a half hour ago and mixed up the liter of stuff you have to drink before the procedure that will cause evacuation of the bowels -- at some point.

See, the "steel eel" they run up your bee-hind has a light and a camera and the gastroenterologist can't see clearly what he needs to see if your large intestine is filled with poop.

Anyhoo, I just pounded the stuff. It wasn't bad. Tasted like "Gatorade." One liter of stuff, called "MoviPrep", NOT the "Go-lytely" stuff people have hated for years. As an aside, I have no idea where they get these names. Note: I'm advised some "old school" G.I. docs won't prescribe Moviprep and some insurance plans won't pay for it. But mine did.

I'll have to follow that up with the second liter in the morning when I wake up around 5am.

Post No 2: It is now 0500. My ordinary wake-up time. Slept fine. Two major blow-outs before I went to sleep. One on waking-up this morning. Now I gotta drink the other liter of the stuff that tastes like Gatorade.

Post No. 3: It is now 0813. 1:40 til kick-off. Drank the second liter of stuff. Four more blows since the last post. However, no pain, no cramps. Just biege waterworks.

Post No. 4: Reported to the docs office. Nurse inserted an I.V. for the IDGAS juice. I got to watch the whole thing on a big monitor. One hour later. Done. Clean bill of health. I gotta come back and do it again in ten years.

Here's the important part. Colon cancer is one of the most curable forms of the disease. If caught early. If you're >50, have a colonsocopy.

Chuck Bao
8/25/2010, 07:33 PM
You probably won't get much sleep tonight, just saying.

VeeJay
8/25/2010, 07:42 PM
Holy Shiite!

I turned 50 in Dec. and got off light (I suppose) with the doc giving me the finger - which was intrusive. That's a one way highway, and it is strictly southbound, brutha.

I'll say a prayer for you Homey. Godspeed. Jesus!!!

Leroy Lizard
8/25/2010, 07:52 PM
Anyhoo, I just pounded the stuff. It wasn't bad. Tasted like "Gatorade." One liter of stuff, called "MoviPrep", NOT the "Go-lytely" stuff people have hated for years.

Is the Go-lytely stuff the clear liquid you squirt into water? The stuff that tastes like condensed salt water? If so, the Army should use it extract confessions.

Breadburner
8/25/2010, 09:11 PM
It aint steel.....

btk108
8/25/2010, 09:23 PM
No pics, please!

fadada1
8/25/2010, 09:28 PM
Holy Shiite!

I turned 50 in Dec. and got off light (I suppose) with the doc giving me the finger - which was intrusive. That's a one way highway, and it is strictly southbound, brutha.

i can't see why you'd think that....

;)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/25/2010, 09:41 PM
Watch out for yer cornhole, bud.

Crimsontothecore
8/25/2010, 10:01 PM
Is the Go-lytely stuff the clear liquid you squirt into water? The stuff that tastes like condensed salt water? If so, the Army should use it extract confessions.

I think you're describing the evacuation;)

SouthFortySooner
8/25/2010, 11:07 PM
Two different screens people. The finger= prostate. The colonoscopy= the colon. The reason Dr's screen those areas is the problems can be found and rectified to a measure. er rectumfied.

SteelCitySooner
8/25/2010, 11:44 PM
It aint steel.....

what's that supposed to mean? huh?

Okla-homey
8/26/2010, 08:16 AM
updates inserted at top of thread.

Okla-homey
8/26/2010, 02:21 PM
its over. see top of thread.

C&CDean
8/26/2010, 02:30 PM
So, you gonna go all Chuck on us now?

sooner_born_1960
8/26/2010, 02:36 PM
Had mine in January. My DR. said five years, though. Lucky bastage.

sooner_born_1960
8/26/2010, 02:37 PM
Now?

Okla-homey
8/26/2010, 08:26 PM
So, you gonna go all Chuck on us now?

No. I did watch it the whole thing on the monitor though. It was interesting see a place "no man had gone before.":D

Okla-homey
8/26/2010, 08:28 PM
Had mine in January. My DR. said five years, though. Lucky bastage.

Srsly, make him prescribe "MoviPrep" for your next one. I wouldn't buy it at QuikTrip, but it wasn't bad. And only half the volume. 2 liters vs. a whole gallon.

yermom
8/26/2010, 10:28 PM
i had to pick up a buddy of mine from one of the places that does these in Norman the other day.

his was going the other way, but every time they would release someone back into the waiting room there was this vague fart aroma

it was a little disconcerting.

they were also running late and his *** took extra long to stop being goofy on the "forget what just happened" juice, and i was late for class :mad: