PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. AF Tickets

soonerborn30
8/25/2010, 03:08 PM
Help me, SF.com, you're my only hope!

I can get 2 tickets for a couple of friends visiting from Texas for $120 from Ticketcity. What are the odds we'll be able to find tickets for less than that on game day from the scalpers? Face value for the AF game is $77 I believe.

Also, has anybody bought tickets from Ticketcity before? I figured they're legit if they're allowed to advertise here, but thought I'd ask just to make sure.

Help me out, Sooner Nation! I need to know by the 9/1 deadline!

C&CDean
8/25/2010, 03:19 PM
You can always find tickets on game day - and they won't be $120 for a $77 face value either. You shouldn't have to pay more than face for AF - unless you're getting excellent seats.

soonerborn30
8/25/2010, 03:22 PM
Sorry. I meant for the pair.

C&CDean
8/25/2010, 03:24 PM
$60 per ain't bad. If they're the type of folks who don't like showing up without a ticket in hand that's a tolerable amount to pay.

sooner KB
8/25/2010, 03:35 PM
I'm the type that shows up without a ticket in hand, and I can usually find a non-endzone ticket for about $15 or so. There are plenty of people around the stadium selling tickets, the large majority of whom are not scalpers, but just people with extras.

Also, where are the tickets at? I would never pay $60 for an endzone ticket. $60 for a couple tickets around the 50 yard line, with the added bonus of not having to be nervous about not having tickets would be ok.

soonerborn30
8/25/2010, 03:38 PM
These are in sec. 25, only two sections over from me, on row 72, which I think is the top row. I'm not sure if I could find them for less than that at the stadium because I've been looking at craigslist and such and no one is selling them at $60 per.

$15?! For a $77 ticket? That's insane!

C&CDean
8/25/2010, 03:46 PM
If you want a $15 ticket to a decent game you're gonna have to miss the first quarter. Nobody sells them that cheap until after kickoff.

soonerborn30
8/25/2010, 03:52 PM
Went ahead and bought them.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

Oh, and one of the guys has never been to an OU game before, so I'ma bring 'em by the tailgate too. Show him what college football is all about.

Soonerntxs
8/25/2010, 03:53 PM
2min to kickoff and $15 is a win for the seller, I got $72 tickets on year for $20 each.

sooner KB
8/25/2010, 05:07 PM
I almost always get mine before kickoff. You can find plenty of old, rich donors standing around on the west side that just want nothing but to get inside the stadium.

badger
8/25/2010, 05:16 PM
If your people are nervous and want tickets in hand before they arrive in Norman, tell them their being silly. If they cannot be convinced that they are being silly, then Ticketcity (a sf.com sponsor!) is probably a good place to look for tix.

If they can be convinced, bring a wad of cash to the game and look for tickets NORTH (not south - pricey scalpers to the south) of the stadium. Look for the old folks sitting on teh benches, not the pros with 'I need tickets' signs around their necks.

If you are nice and not a jerk, you can get $15 tickets before the game starts. NP and I once got two for $25 from a guy that was in a hurry to a game last year... don't remember the opponent, might have been A&M or Baylor. Wearing Sooner gear is also a must - don't be one of those weird people that wear a random navy shirt from Old Navy to the game. That's weird.