PDA

View Full Version : Boise State to Big 12 (JUST SPECULATION) (RUMOR)

oudavid1
8/24/2010, 08:33 PM
A friend of mine up there on an Army base said he is hearing rumors of Boise State to Big 12.

Anyone else know anything i dont?

JLEW1818
8/24/2010, 08:34 PM
BRING THEM ON....

would that not be a fun road trip?

oudavid1
8/24/2010, 08:37 PM
not really, but so far i cant find any evidence

JLEW1818
8/24/2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Norman&1s=OK&1y=US&1l=35.2225&1g=-97.439201&1v=CITY&2c=Boise&2s=ID&2y=US&2l=43.613602&2g=-116.202499&2v=CITY

Tigeman
8/24/2010, 08:51 PM
This will NEVER happen... PERIOD!

Us and * will never let them. They have no other sports other than FB, and academically they are horrendous.

That being said, the 2 schools you should focus on is BYU and ND. It's already public knowledge that BYU is positioning itself to be ready to join the Big 12. So that pawn has already been positioned.

As I said above, ND is the next piece to move. IF it happens. While true that ND constantly shoots down the Big 10, and it's just assumed that, that's where they end up.... it's not quite as cut and dry as many think. The big reason ND shoots down the Big 10 is the money! They'll take a pay cut! The big 10 has profit sharing, and everyone gets equal pay. This is where the Big 12(-2) is appealing to ND. Our members are paid based on what they bring in. This would allow ND to make as much, if not more. In addition to allowing them to have their own network if they choose. Apparently OU and * have both been in the ear of ND about this as of late. * has already more or less promised BYU that they're in for helping them get their network going. ND is a long shot, and while plausible, is highly unlikely. It is however the Big 12's (OU's/TX's) goal. If you have OU/TX/BYU/ND, you now have, not only a largeeeee national market, you have a world wide market due to BYU and ND. Remember, it's all about TV sets!

Boise will never happen though. No matter how much THEY want it.

How F'n awesome would that be though? To snub the Big 10 like this, after them snagging Nebbish! Talk about them being pissedddddd!!!!

yankee
8/24/2010, 08:58 PM
i got a friend who is stationed at an air force base up there and he said boise is going to the MWC. i think he heard it off ESPN though.

Breadburner
8/24/2010, 08:59 PM
Lol...OSU better hope not....heh....I hope like hell they do.....

badger
8/24/2010, 09:00 PM
Wow, 21 hours and 55 minutes. Well, at least it's not 22 hours!

goingoneight
8/24/2010, 09:13 PM
Like the BIG 12 is going to last long...

Tigeman
8/24/2010, 09:24 PM
Like the BIG 12 is going to last long...

LOL... This ^^^^^

soonerborn30
8/24/2010, 09:42 PM
BRING THEM ON....

would that not be a fun road trip?

The answer to your question, JLEW, is no.

There's a reason for this old joke:

A man goes into his doctor's office to get his test results. "I'm afraid I have bad news." The Dr. says. "Well, what is it, Doc? Is it serious?!". "I'm afraid you only have 6 months to live."

The man took this in for several minutes. Then, he asked the doctor "what should I do, Doc?" The doctor thought for a moment, and replied with this advice:

"Get married. And move to Kansas. It'll be the longest 6 months of your life."

DenverSooner751
8/24/2010, 09:42 PM
Boise would not be that fun of a road trip, in my opinion....I mean, driving across the salt flats is cool but other than that......the hell with going up there in November....no way, pass. LOL.

soonerborn30
8/24/2010, 09:47 PM
Actually, Denver, that's a good point. You may not actually be able to get through the pass in Wyoming in November. Like there's big metal gates they put in front of the road and stuff. See? Es no bueno.

DenverSooner751
8/24/2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I-80 through Wyoming in the winter can be an absolute mess and yep, they have those big *** gates and use them frequently to shut down the interstate....it's not so much a pass as it is wide open areas surrounded by canyons and mesas.....tons of blowing snow through there. And then of course you have the roads in Idaho to deal with too......

Besides, why the hell would we want to road trip up to Taco Bell U and see a game on the blue turf?

BoulderSooner79
8/24/2010, 10:22 PM
Just take your private jet - that's what I would do.

OK2U
8/24/2010, 10:24 PM
If TexAgs hasn't reported it, it ain't true.

oudavid1
8/24/2010, 10:59 PM
I dont believe its true, but i just wanna know how this got started

Tigeman
8/24/2010, 11:11 PM
I dont believe its true, but i just wanna know how this got started

Well I'm assuming your buddy's army base is near there? Well that's why.... the idiots up there are desperate to sound relevant! Now that they've got a fairly high pre-season rank, and a yellow brick road to the mNCG they think people want them!

Just tell him to spread the word that they're "idjits" and still have no pertinence besides a novelty to the college football landscape.

Boise St. is like a puppy... sure it's cute and cuddly at first. You may even be tempted to give it some scraps now and then. But eventually it starts $hitting where it eats and it's cry's just get annoying. If you can't put it in it's place and eventually train it right, you have to either banish it to the backyard; or "take care of it". :rolleyes:

Mississippi Sooner
8/24/2010, 11:19 PM
I don't believe for a second that will ever happen, but I can chime in on the road trip issue from personal experience.

At least from here in Mississippi, flying up there usually involves four planes and the better part of a day. Seriously, you can get to South America easier. To make it as succinct as possible, the trip sucks.

Nice when you get there, though.

SoonerDood
8/24/2010, 11:25 PM
One thing I have learned from being in the military is... that the vast majority of the military knows jack **** about college football. Ain't gonna happen. evar.

Collier11
8/24/2010, 11:25 PM
Boise is going to the MWC as well as Nevada and Fresno, your friend has really bad info it appears

yankee
8/24/2010, 11:38 PM
this shouldn't even be a thread. i hear rumors all the time, but i know they're usually full of crap.

Collier11
8/24/2010, 11:38 PM
I heard a rumor that Yankee was rooting for the Red Sox to pass the Yankees in the standings

yankee
8/24/2010, 11:52 PM
I heard a rumor that Yankee was rooting for the Red Sox to pass the Yankees in the standings

brb, starting a thread to confirm.

oudavid1
8/25/2010, 01:53 AM
this shouldn't even be a thread. i hear rumors all the time, but i know they're usually full of crap.

well dont call the thread police on me. besides, its how i collaborate with you bafoons :)

badger
8/25/2010, 11:26 AM
Here's another speculation/rumor:

Hworflepworf wins House Carp at Hogworts.

Collier11
8/25/2010, 11:27 AM
keep that gheyness out of the football forum Badg :D

Boomer.....
8/25/2010, 11:30 AM

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi?

badger
8/25/2010, 11:33 AM
keep that gheyness out of the football forum Badg :D

Too late, someone already mentioned Boise.

Go Hworflepworf! This should lay any rumor to rest that the Hogwarts conference is kicking them out in favor of Durmstrang.

Collier11
8/25/2010, 11:35 AM
Well, atleast Dean is excited

badger
8/25/2010, 11:37 AM
Well, atleast Dean is excited

Nah, Dean and I are Slytherin faithful. It's kind of a green team thing - Packers, Slytherin... you get the idea.

Now that Harry Potter's gone pro, maybe the media lovefest will finally end.

JLEW1818
8/25/2010, 01:13 PM

mudblood:hot:

SOFSooner
8/25/2010, 01:46 PM
What Army Post is he at, the closest post to Idaho is in Washington (Ft Lewis) and to answer SoonerDood, the military has some of the most diehard fans of college football that there is. Would you be willing to get up at 2am in the morning to watch a football game, then go to bed for 2 hours and get up and work for another 12 to 15 hours in 120 to 130 degree heat. You also have between 30 to 70 pds of equipment on your body not to mention a kevlar helmet. I don't think you could do it, but I have seen this happen many times over the past 4 years. And like the man said, walk a mile in our shoes before you think to pass a stupid remark like the one you just did. By the way Boise St will never be in the Big XII.

badger
8/25/2010, 02:25 PM
What Army Post is he at, the closest post to Idaho is in Washington (Ft Lewis) and to answer SoonerDood, the military has some of the most diehard fans of college football that there is. Would you be willing to get up at 2am in the morning to watch a football game, then go to bed for 2 hours and get up and work for another 12 to 15 hours in 120 to 130 degree heat. You also have between 30 to 70 pds of equipment on your body not to mention a kevlar helmet. I don't think you could do it, but I have seen this happen many times over the past 4 years. And like the man said, walk a mile in our shoes before you think to pass a stupid remark like the one you just did. By the way Boise St will never be in the Big XII.

Settle down man. You obviously don't know Dood if you suggest he has not walked a mile in your shoes.

Scott D
8/25/2010, 05:17 PM
The only reason something like this would have legs, is the fact that apparently Boise can still back out of joining the MWC. But, with the backward step that the WAC took over the course of the last week, BYU may decide not to leave the MWC, especially with Nevada (Reno) and Fresno St. joining the MWC in the near future.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/25/2010, 05:23 PM
personally, i wouldnt want to watch any more games in the ugly azz blue field than i had to. unless they agreed to only play away games, then they can suck it!

by the way, i heard boise was gonna join the BIG XII and play only away games...a guy i know, knows a guy in vancouver who said he has an inside source at BYU...so its gotta be true right? ;)

badger
8/25/2010, 05:32 PM
by the way, i heard boise was gonna join the BIG XII and play only away games...

know you're joking, but that would actually be cool. them and every other team with a dinky stadium in our conference need to do that right now :D

Boise is not a bad town. Beautiful city surrounded by mountains. If we had home-and-home with them, I would ask NP to go and he would probably oblige :D Went there once for OU womens bball tourney back during our first Final Four run. They have a cool ski resort that I fell about two dozen times at.

King Barry's Back
8/26/2010, 08:41 AM
personally, i wouldnt want to watch any more games in the ugly azz blue field than i had to. unless they agreed to only play away games, then they can suck it!

by the way, i heard boise was gonna join the BIG XII and play only away games...a guy i know, knows a guy in vancouver who said he has an inside source at BYU...so its gotta be true right? ;)

The blue field is not an issue. Hypothetically, just before an invitation to Boise was announced, the Big XII would simply announce a rule change requiring that all fields be some shade of green. Then the contract with Boise stipulates that it follow all conference rules. If Boise ever makes it to the big time, they are going to want to drop the cutsie tricks on their own accord anyway. ANd MWC ain't the big time.

Mississippi Sooner
8/26/2010, 08:47 AM
You guys are making the smurf cry.

http://bluebuddies.com/gallery/Regular_Smurfs/jpg/20018_Crying_Smurf_B.jpg