PDA

View Full Version : 30 for 30: Jordan Rides the Bus

ouleaf
8/24/2010, 12:56 PM
New 30 for 30 on tonight about Jordan's failed attempt at an MLB career. Could be interesting...but I'm skeptical about this one. There is only one thing I love about Jordan and that was him competing on the basketball floor.

http://30for30.espn.com/

ouleaf
8/26/2010, 09:38 AM
Welp, finally watched this....wasn't too bad actually. Thought they did an okay job with it for the most part. Didn't know that he really started to come around in the arizona fall league, which is pretty good competition against guys that are one the cusp of being in the Bigs within the next year or two.

To see his swing from his first at bat to when he left was much improved, and you could tell he was much more confident. To just pick up a bat and over the course of about a year improve the way he did, was pretty impressive and a true testament to what a competitor he was regardless of the sport.

Would he have ever made it to the MLB if he had kept on going, I'm not sure, but he was definitely a much better player than when he started. I definitely think if he had chosen baseball over basketball when he was young, that he could have been a successful MLB player with his work ethic alone.

badger
8/26/2010, 12:32 PM
The thing that I didn't like about this 30 for 30, unlike most other 30 for 30s, is they didn't actually interview Jordan in the present about it. Maybe MJ didn't want to talk, but all they showed were these older taped interviews from the time of the transition from bball to other bball.

The rest of it was fun. Made me wonder what it'd be like if MJ came to the Tulsa Drillers or OKC Redhawks. Much like Birmingham, we'd still probably buy his jersey more than anyone else's, even if it didn't have his name :)