PDA

View Full Version : Jenni sez Buffs might be rebuffed

badger
8/24/2010, 10:58 AM
Along with Utah:

These two schools weren't at the top of the Pac-10's wish list.

Which brings us back to Young. The rabble-rouser trying to keep Colorado and Utah out of the Pac-10 is basing his argument on academics and geography and history. He talked to San Francisco Examiner contributor and longtime Bay Area columnist Glenn Dickey about his campaign.

About academics: "Colorado is on par with Oregon. Utah isn't even in the picture."

About geography: "You have two schools in Washington, two in Oregon, two in Northern California, two in Southern California, two in Arizona, so you can have a complete round robin in football."

About history: "I don't see any way the other schools can be brought in without affecting the rivalries between the Southern and Northern California schools, for example."

Some of those opinions might sway a chancellor or two, but if Young really wants to get folks thinking he would take a completely different tact. He would remind them that adding Colorado and Utah wasn't what the Pac-10 set out to do. This wasn't the plan. This wasn't the vision.

Would it work?

Probably not.

Colorado and Utah are more than likely Pac-10 bound, but still, taking a step back would make folks think about their inclusion. Those schools, after all, turned out to be consolation prizes in the conference realignment game.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/jenni-carlson-would-big-12-take-back-colorado/article/3488090#ixzz0xXVdgwRG

Thoughts?

SoonerStormchaser
8/24/2010, 11:06 AM
Who cares? CU will get a rude awakening when they go instantly to the bottom of the barrel in the Pac12. Besides, CU is a hippie school...so they're in good company finally.

49r
8/24/2010, 11:06 AM
it's a non-story, the schools have already been added and denying them at this point would result in lawsuits that would crush the Pac-10.

The blog entry she's referring to was written by an old sportswriter who apparently is still bitter they added the Arizona schools and has some serious bias against anything not directly on the coast.

badger
8/24/2010, 11:16 AM
Still, if the schools haven't voted yet... and we all know how rebellious hippies can be rebellious... hmm...

Mississippi Sooner
8/24/2010, 11:21 AM
I don't think there's any way they don't add them now, but I think it would be funny if they didn't and then we didn't let Colorado come back. It would be funny if Colorado had to join the WAC.

But hey, Dan Hawkins did have a lot of success in the WAC.

soonerborn30
8/24/2010, 11:48 AM
I honestly couldn't care less about CU. They are such a non-factor in basically everything.

SoonerPr8r
8/24/2010, 12:09 PM
So....does the Pac-10/12 get Jenni too?

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 12:12 PM
I hope the whole thing (along with the Neb/Televen thing) ends up as a clusterfock of epic proportions.

swardboy
8/24/2010, 12:15 PM
Would it work?

Probably not.

Classic....

Bourbon St Sooner
8/24/2010, 12:18 PM
There's also a little pride at stake here. I mean you don't think Larry Scott's going to admit that he only gave the quick invite to CU only to fend off Baylor's maneuvering's do you? Right now they can spin that they came out ahead in this realignment when everybody knows they got left at the alter by OU and ut.

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 12:38 PM
Fire Scott!

sooneron
8/24/2010, 12:41 PM
Jenni's writing rawks!

It doesn't?

Oh, yes, it does!

oudivesherpa
8/24/2010, 12:44 PM
Who cares? CU will get a rude awakening when they go instantly to the bottom of the barrel in the Pac12. Besides, CU is a hippie school...so they're in good company finally.

Went on the college tour when my son graduated from HS in Georgia. Went to CU (he's a rock climber) the campus just turned him off--girls with braided arm pits. "CU is a hippie school" gives hippies a bad name.:D

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 12:52 PM
The ones that braid the pit hair to their pubes are hottest.

Piware
8/24/2010, 08:54 PM
it's a non-story, the schools have already been added and denying them at this point would result in lawsuits that would crush the Pac-10.

The blog entry she's referring to was written by an old sportswriter who apparently is still bitter they added the Arizona schools and has some serious bias against anything not directly on the coast.

That old fart sportswriter. They need Colorado. What they gonna do when the "Big One' hits California and it falls off into the Pacific.

fadada1
8/24/2010, 08:58 PM
i can't read it.

can't.

shouldn't.

won't.

now, where are my cupcakes?

bent rider
8/25/2010, 09:45 AM

The guy who has a beef is some sort of chancellor emeritus. He has zero say in the matter so he's making noise in the press, "Dammit, kids, get the eff offa my lawn!!" Pretty lame of Jenni to give it any credence. It'll be so nice when there are some actual games for these writers to write about.

badger
8/25/2010, 10:35 AM
Stories out there are now saying once again that Colorado is leaving in 2012, not 2011 like Nebbish.

sooneron
8/25/2010, 12:18 PM
Maybe they should join the MWC.

bent rider
8/25/2010, 08:31 PM
Maybe they should join the MWC.

The MWC is getting a bit overcrowded these days as BYU is still on the pot. There are, however, a number of openings for up-and-coming programs available in the WAC.