PDA

View Full Version : Good luck John...

Okla-homey
8/24/2010, 10:47 AM
I hope you beat the demagogue and whack-o J.D. Hayworth like a rented mule in today's AZ primary.

OklahomaTuba
8/24/2010, 11:28 AM
While I respect JMac a lot, I don't think it would be horrible if he lost and Hayworth ended up winning the seat.

It would give the donks one less vote to bankrupt the country with and flood her with millions of illegals.

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 12:10 PM
Hayworth is gonna lose based on all I've seen. I don't really have an opinion though. I'll leave it to Homey and RLIMC to fight this one out since I have problems with both of them for different reasons. I just hope that whoever wins and then whoever wins in November get to DC and actually do the work that we need as a nation instead of starting "Decision 2016" from day one.

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2010, 02:58 PM
I'm pulling for Hayworth. But I will probably be disappointed.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/24/2010, 04:29 PM
My vote is for Haywood Jablowme.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2010, 04:52 PM
I'm so freaking sick of seeing, hearing about, listening to, and reading about John McCain. I wish someone would kick the old cockroach down a flight of stairs and be done with the geriatric ****bag.

I'm not huge on Hayworth, but his biggest asset is that he isn't John McCain.

A lot of you sure complain about him now, but you sure as hell cast a vote for him 2 years ago. Thankfully, I can honestly say I've never ever voted for him keeping my political virtue intact. Actually that's not true...I shamefully voted for Bush twice.

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2010, 05:18 PM
A lot of you sure complain about him now, but you sure as hell cast a vote for him 2 years ago.

Like, what choice did we have?

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2010, 05:19 PM
I want them both to lose.

StoopTroup
8/24/2010, 05:34 PM
I hope they both implode into dust and a guy in clown makeup gets the job.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2010, 07:06 PM
Like, what choice did we have?

Bob Barr.

NormanPride
8/24/2010, 07:10 PM
Not in Oklahoma.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2010, 07:13 PM
Not in Oklahoma.

True, which is unfortunate. I voted in Texas that year. In any case, given the choice between McCain and Kerry...I would have abstained from that race. There's no shame and nothing wrong with making a conscious choice not to vote or to skip specific races.

Oklahoma has what are likely the most restrictive ballot-access laws in the country. It's ridiculous and shameful.

NormanPride
8/24/2010, 07:19 PM
On that I agree with you. As an independent I loathe Oklahoma's ballot access.

I think the run for president changed McCain. I really liked the guy beforehand.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2010, 07:25 PM
On that I agree with you. As an independent I loathe Oklahoma's ballot access.

I think the run for president changed McCain. I really liked the guy beforehand.

I've always loathed the guy. I remember back during the 2000 primary, I spent two weeks in D.C. with Presidential Classroom and National Youth Leadership Forum on Defense, Intelligence, and Diplomacy. Well, at both programs (especially PC) McCain had a pretty good base of support. I was actually fairly surprised by it at the time, but I never ever understood his appeal. In that election, I started out as a Forbes guy and switched to Bush when he dropped out.

Anyway, one of my friends was sure pimping McCain at PC. Like I said, I just never got the appeal.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/24/2010, 07:27 PM
J.D. Hayworth had one redeeming pub quality when he served as a congressman. He was among the strongest free trade advocates. And now Mr. Infomercial sold his soul to the devil and has bailed on that stance. He now uses rhetoric that sounds like a washed up UAW hack. Pathetic.

A few months ago you Arizona pubs were all excited about Limpdick Hayworth kicking old man McCain's a$$.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2010, 08:04 PM
J.D. Hayworth had one redeeming pub quality when he served as a congressman. He was among the strongest free trade advocates. And now Mr. Infomercial sold his soul to the devil and has bailed on that stance. He now uses rhetoric that sounds like a washed up UAW hack. Pathetic.

A few months ago you Arizona pubs were all excited about Limpdick Hayworth kicking old man McCain's a$$.

I think it's likely that Hayworth has simply seen the light, and that is free-trade agreements like NAFTA and CAFTA are disastrous and represent a serious threat to our national sovereignty.

Anyway, I don't have a dog in the fight since I'm not from Arizona but if nothing else, I'm for whichever candidate most supports a "shoot to kill" order for anyone illegally crossing the border.

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2010, 09:15 PM

Still wouldn't mind seeing it. But I can live with McCain.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/25/2010, 01:09 AM
While I respect JMac a lot, I don't think it would be horrible if he lost and Hayworth ended up winning the seat.

It would give the donks one less vote to bankrupt the country with and flood her with millions of illegals.This was the correct opinion, but McCain's $23 million expenditure and the favorable treatment by the media got him the win. We can only hope that McCain holds to the new conservative positions he has espoused since running against Hayworth. It's unlikely, unfortunately, that he will.

Okla-homey
8/25/2010, 06:31 AM
Anyway, one of my friends was sure pimping McCain at PC. Like I said, I just never got the appeal.

That's okay Sic. I wouldn't expect a child of privilege, who never had to work a day in his life, or ever served his country in her armed forces, to "get" the appeal of John McCain. After all, you're kinda the male equivalent of Paris Hilton, without all the sexual experiences of course.;)

Tulsa_Fireman
8/25/2010, 11:34 AM
Buuuuuuuuuuuurn.

TUSooner
8/25/2010, 11:40 AM
That's okay Sic. I wouldn't expect a child of privilege, who never had to work a day in his life, or ever served his country in her armed forces, to "get" the appeal of John McCain. After all, you're kinda the male equivalent of Paris Hilton, without all the sexual experiences of course.;)

How dare you insult me so !?!

:eek:

Bourbon St Sooner
8/25/2010, 12:45 PM
A lot of you sure complain about him now, but you sure as hell cast a vote for him 2 years ago. Thankfully, I can honestly say I've never ever voted for him keeping my political virtue intact.

Thankfully, for humanity's sake, that's not the only virtue you have intact.

8/25/2010, 01:56 PM
Unannounced new policy: Personal insults...sure, no problema!

Okla-homey
8/25/2010, 02:27 PM
Unannounced new policy: Personal insults...sure, no problema!

I USED A WINKIE!

stoopified
8/25/2010, 02:49 PM
True, which is unfortunate. I voted in Texas that year. In any case, given the choice between McCain and Kerry...I would have abstained from that race. There's no shame and nothing wrong with making a conscious choice not to vote or to skip specific races.

Oklahoma has what are likely the most restrictive ballot-access laws in the country. It's ridiculous and shameful.It keeps out Texas riffraff.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2010, 02:55 PM

The, "he has military service" is the most asinine argument you could possibly make. Of course it counts for something, but it is no substitute for having otherwise ****ty politics.

George McGovern has military service and yet he has no appeal to me whatsoever.

John Kerry has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Bob Kerrey has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Wesley Clark has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

John Murtha had military service and yet had no appeal to me whatsoever.

Daniel Inouye has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

So, yes, military service is important but the argument that a politician should get a pass or somehow deserves his/her office purely on that service is ridiculous.

tommieharris91
8/25/2010, 02:58 PM
On second thought, nah.

texaspokieokie
8/25/2010, 03:36 PM
i was very pleased that Brewer won by such a large margin.

what it proves to me is : illegals have not found a way to vote !!!!!!!

StoopTroup
8/25/2010, 05:10 PM
But I can live with McCain.

I believe he's married. Whatever floats yer boat I guess.

StoopTroup
8/25/2010, 06:04 PM
Dick Armey = Sad in his pants

Leroy Lizard
8/25/2010, 07:01 PM
I believe he's married. Whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Hey, a guy needs some variety in life.

8/25/2010, 08:28 PM
i was very pleased that Brewer won by such a large margin.

what it proves to me is : illegals have not found a way to vote !!!!!!!She was unopposed, practically. What is alarming is McCain winning so big. Lotsa folks must have believed his campaign season promises to return to conservative principles and action.

TUSooner
8/25/2010, 08:41 PM
The, "he has military service" is the most asinine argument you could possibly make. Of course it counts for something, but it is no substitute for having otherwise ****ty politics.

George McGovern has military service and yet he has no appeal to me whatsoever.

John Kerry has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Bob Kerrey has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Wesley Clark has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

John Murtha had military service and yet had no appeal to me whatsoever.

Daniel Inouye has military service and yet has no appeal to me whatsoever.

So, yes, military service is important but the argument that a politician should get a pass or somehow deserves his/her office purely on that service is ridiculous.

I wish I had a troll so I my wholehearted agreement with the gist of this Sic Em post wouldn't be so public. :D

Leroy Lizard
8/25/2010, 08:52 PM
She was unopposed, practically. What is alarming is McCain winning so big. Lotsa folks must have believed his campaign season promises to return to conservative principles and action.

Some of my colleagues around here certainly have fallen for it. (Shakes head)

Breadburner
8/25/2010, 09:09 PM
If you voted for anyone other than MCain/Palin in the last election you might as well have voted for Odumbone......

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2010, 09:13 PM
If you voted for anyone other than MCain/Palin in the last election you might as well have voted for Odumbone......

Retarded statement of the day.

Harry Beanbag
8/25/2010, 11:13 PM
What is alarming is McCain winning so big. Lotsa folks must have believed his campaign season promises to return to conservative principles and action.

No, what happened was Hayworth was exposed as the hypocritical lying scumbag politician he really is, more so even than McCain. The "metamorphosis" of McCain's campaign promises from the last 30 years of his career in Washington was mind bogglingly transparent, but that is just how bad of a candidate Hayworth turned out to be.

Harry Beanbag
8/25/2010, 11:13 PM
Retarded statement of the day.

Yep. Us Bob Barr voters have to stand together. :)

Crucifax Autumn
8/25/2010, 11:28 PM
I had just heard "Elected" so I wrote in Alice Cooper.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2010, 11:47 PM
Yep. Us Bob Barr voters have to stand together. :)

The few the proud. The very very few...

Crucifax Autumn
8/26/2010, 12:31 AM
You shoulda known when only 3 guys, two of them wearing tinfoil hats and fatigues showed up for the meetup you hosted.

8/26/2010, 01:10 AM
No, what happened was Hayworth was exposed as the hypocritical lying scumbag politician he really is, more so even than McCain. The "metamorphosis" of McCain's campaign promises from the last 30 years of his career in Washington was mind bogglingly transparent, but that is just how bad of a candidate Hayworth turned out to be.Sorry, Harry, I know we usually agree, but,I don't see Hayworth as dishonest or scumbag. He made a commercial that could be called hypocritical, once. McCain went nuts on that, and constant pounding of Hayworth with misleading commercials, with the campaign money McCain should have used to combat Obama in the '08 presidential election, apparently worked. Another good person has probably had his political career ended.

8/26/2010, 01:13 AM
The few the proud. The very very few...The third partyites. You go, boys! RotssaRuck! Hello, Transformed America!

SicEmBaylor
8/26/2010, 01:20 AM
The third partyites. You go, boys! RotssaRuck! Hello, Transformed America!

I spoke too soon earlier.