PDA

View Full Version : best arrest of the year...

OKLA21FAN
8/23/2010, 05:30 PM
Got into a 3 point stance before lundging at the cops, you kidding me? bwhaaa!!! Don't naked tase me bro!

Tyler Thomas, an offensive lineman for the Oregon State football team, was dismissed from the program after he was arrested on Sunday.
But it's not necessarily your normal arrest, so we'll simply let the Corvallis Gazette Times give you the details:

Tyler Patrick Thomas, 19, of Kalispell, Mont., was arrested on charges of first-degree criminal trespass, second-degree criminal mischief and resisting arrest.
According to information from the Corvallis Police Department, at about 4:51 a.m., police were called to 519 N.W. 14th Street after a 32-year-old woman reported there was a naked man in the upstairs office of her residence.
When officers arrived, they ordered him to get on the ground several times, but he refused.
Then Thomas, who had reportedly been drinking, got into a "three-point stance" and lunged at the officers, who Tased him.

Thomas is listed on the Oregon State roster as being 6-foot-2 and 301 pounds. That certainly had to be a sight to see for police as they tried to put the handcuffs on him.
The redshirt freshman, who sat out the 2009 season, was released from custody later on Sunday but will no longer be part of the Oregon State football program.
-- Tim Gardner

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/Index

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 05:55 PM
I didn't know Edwin Simmons had kids.

EDIT: On second look, he doesn't look like he's related to Edwin Simmons.

ouduckhunter
8/23/2010, 06:12 PM
As a first time Oregon State season ticket holder, I'm feeling might durn proud of my adopted team! Way to go Beavs! :P

Chuck Bao
8/23/2010, 06:32 PM
And, the guy seems like he would be such a happy drunk.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/orst/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/5044025.jpeg

Poor kid. I hope he gets his life in order and finishes his college education.

rawlingsHOH
8/23/2010, 10:24 PM
who had reportedly been drinking
really?

prrriiide
8/23/2010, 11:37 PM
really?

I guess they needed to specify, since people also do such things while high on drugs...

Mad Dog Madsen
8/24/2010, 08:21 AM
Thomas is listed on the Oregon State roster as being 6-foot-2 and 301 pounds. That certainly had to be a sight to see for police as they tried to put the handcuffs on him.

LMAO! Good stuff...

MojoRisen
8/24/2010, 08:25 AM
WTF was he doing in someone's house but naked. He is lucky he didn't get shot. Must have been on something else than moonshine.

Mississippi Sooner
8/24/2010, 08:45 AM
WTF was he doing in someone's house but naked. He is lucky he didn't get shot. Must have been on something else than moonshine.

And he was upstairs, no less. Yeah, sure seems like there must be more to this story.

KantoSooner
8/24/2010, 10:00 AM
Well, it is the end of the off season, but some people are just determined to make their Fulmer Cup mark. Tyler, you are truly a doosh kitten among men.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/24/2010, 10:12 AM
And he was upstairs, no less. Yeah, sure seems like there must be more to this story.

Yeah, he was takin' a shower... :D

C&CDean
8/24/2010, 10:24 AM

Dude, it's Oregon. The only people up there with guns are closet hunters. They hate guns up there.

PalmBeachSooner
8/24/2010, 01:32 PM
Got into a 3 point stance before lundging at the cops, you kidding me? bwhaaa!!! Don't naked tase me bro!

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/Index

He can transfer to Oregon. They don't care.

Piware
8/24/2010, 08:50 PM
Dude, it's Oregon. The only people up there with guns are closet hunters. They hate guns up there.

But they sure like to go naked. :eek:

fadada1
8/24/2010, 08:56 PM
And, the guy seems like he would be such a happy drunk.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/orst/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/5044025.jpeg

Poor kid. I hope he gets his life in order and finishes his college education.

did you forget the "winky face". you do something that stupid, you need to be put in "time out" for a while and think about your place in this world. mental issues are one thing... being drunk is no excuse.

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2010, 09:22 PM
Since CT, our off-the-field issues seem to lack that embarrassment factor. Getting a DUI is one thing. Getting a DUI while having a YouTube video of you barfing in a police car is quite another. (Or getting decked by a prize fighter.)

bent rider
8/25/2010, 10:45 AM
He can transfer to Oregon. They don't care.

LOL, true, to a point. Masoli finally got the boot and found a new home at Ol' Miss.

Still its better than the Pitt DE (Jabaal Sheard) who threw a guy through a plate glass window and continued beating him to a pulp earlier this summer. Dave 'stache Wannsted re-instated him after a Pitt-friendly prosecutor reduced the charges to disorderly conduct.

Leroy Lizard
8/25/2010, 12:40 PM
All that glass laying on the ground was very disorderly.

Chuck Bao
8/25/2010, 02:14 PM
did you forget the "winky face". you do something that stupid, you need to be put in "time out" for a while and think about your place in this world. mental issues are one thing... being drunk is no excuse.

How about mental issues AND being drunk?

Oh! After re-reading it a second time, fadada1, you, may have been talking about the perp instead of my post in the second "you" reference, right? Never mind. Carry on. ;)