PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly the worst article I've ever read

jkjsooner
8/23/2010, 04:31 PM
Technically there is nothing factually incorrect. Adrian Peterson was released and Adrian Peterson was born in Palestine, TX and played at OU.

Ugh. The article reads as if it was written by a fourth grader.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6579974-release-of-adrian-peterson-by-seahawks

NormanPride
8/23/2010, 04:34 PM
How do you people find these random "media" places? What the hell is allvoices.com and why do we care?

I know, I know... offseason. Sorry.

Mississippi Sooner
8/23/2010, 04:35 PM
Looks like one of those BS "articles" that people throw together just for the keyword density. Beats me what someone is selling with the keywords Adrian Peterson."

OULenexaman
8/23/2010, 04:36 PM
that's funny.....the idiot that wrote that doesn't even realize it was the "other" Adrian Peterson who was with the Bears....then seadoggies....

jkjsooner
8/23/2010, 04:37 PM
No idea. I just did a search on Adrian Peterson to find out the latest news on him and this popped up under the news section. If it is what Mississippi says then Google really should filter these out of the "news" category.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/23/2010, 04:39 PM
I think they were talking about the "other" Adrian Peterson. lol. The one that went to Georgia Southern or whatever. He played for the Bears too.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/17/1780471/seahawks-release-rb-peterson.html

badger
8/23/2010, 04:40 PM
The second re-write will also include these details:

Adrian Peterson previously played for the Chicago Bears and the Minnesota Vikings simultaneously, teaming with former Sooner teammates Tommie Harris and Rufus Alexander.

It is not all peaches and cream for former Sooner stadouts throughout the league, as former Sooner wide receiver Roy Williams was booed by Dallas Cowboys fans for dropping passes in practice drills. Fellow Oklahoma State Sooner athlete Dez Bryant, however, wowed crowds with spectacular catches before injuring himself.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/sifk/2007/sifk/writers/gary_gramling/11/27/week.13/adrian-peterson.ap.jpg

KantoSooner
8/23/2010, 04:47 PM
Let me introduce you to a little concept I call 'JedWorld'. (My name is Jed, but that screen name was already taken). In JedWorld, this sort of thing would not be allowed because I would be an omnipotent dictator and such people would not be allowed internet access.

It would be a good place.

For Sooner fans, that is.

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/23/2010, 04:52 PM
FAIL... this guy probably covers global warming and the best way to grow you vegetable garden...

what an idiot

ouleaf
8/23/2010, 04:55 PM
Who the hell writes like this??? :mad:

Kentwan Balmer was lately taken over from San Francisco 49ers and he has reportedly practiced with the team the day back.

The news of Adrian Peterson's release should not take majority by surprise as he had made an explicit struggle to make his way to the final list.

Stitser comes up with exuberant strength but was likely appalling while working with the New York Jets prior this year.

Adrian Peterson also remained engaged with college football at the University of Oklahoma.

Adrian Peterson's sturdiness was contemplation for at least two teams in their draft analysis

What a doosh.

fadada1
8/23/2010, 05:18 PM
jenni carlson's alias, i presume?

badger
8/23/2010, 05:26 PM
Adrian Peterson also remained engaged with college football at the University of Oklahoma.

http://i35.tinypic.com/314vxuh.png

Captain Obvious states "Articles like this are for and by people that know nothing about sports." :D

Mississippi Sooner
8/23/2010, 06:03 PM
Guys I'm almost certain this thing came from a text mill because I happen to make some extra money that way myself. Though, I can assure you I never turned out such a steaming pile as that.

There are a few websites that act as clearing houses for thousands of websites around the world that need text. The editors at the clearing house rate you based on your writing talent and, based on an author's talent, the articles offered, and the subsequent pay offered, increase substantially. I have a four star rating, but the person who wrote that nonsense could be no more than a four star at most. In fact, there is a good chance he isn't even American.

Some of the lower paying assignments simply ask for a certain keyword density. Whether the article is factual or how well it is constructed is purely secondary.

I rarely ever know once the articles will be published once I hit submit. The author gives up all rights and just collects his pay in a Pay Pal account. I guess this allvoices dump is the final destination of some of the garbage.

stoopified
8/23/2010, 06:23 PM
Who the hell writes like this??? :mad: Reads like it was written by someone who does not read or write English fluently; in other words it could be any mmber of he press.

What a doosh. :D

Breadburner
8/23/2010, 06:41 PM
It sounds like it was translated from another Language into English......

jkjsooner
8/23/2010, 08:20 PM
There are a few websites that act as clearing houses for thousands of websites around the world that need text

What exactly does that mean? Why do websites "need text"? If they just want random garbage then it's easy to write a program to randomly generate words from the dictionary.

Is it about articles that might match keyword searches just to get traffic and exposure to a website?

That's a serious question; I'm not trying to be argumentative.

goingoneight
8/23/2010, 08:27 PM
If Minnesota released AD, I'll gladly take him in Dallas. :D

bluedogok
8/23/2010, 08:58 PM
Obviously someone who shouldn't be writing....

Even a rudimentary Wiki search would give him more accurate facts than the steaming pile the writer put out there.

rawlingsHOH
8/23/2010, 10:26 PM

What a doosh.

Clearly not American.

Sounds like those emails I get about winning the Nigerian lottery.

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 10:46 PM
No idea. I just did a search on Adrian Peterson to find out the latest news on him...

http://noeantonelli.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/get_a_life_web.jpg

;)

OUstud
8/23/2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/millies-tv-house/124923d1257553372-its-always-sunny-philadelphia-season-5-charlie.jpg

It seems like he has a tenuous grasp on the English language in general...

goingoneight
8/23/2010, 11:43 PM
[IMG]It seems like he has a tenuous grasp on the English language in general...

I challenge you to a duel.

Mississippi Sooner
8/24/2010, 07:03 AM
What exactly does that mean? Why do websites "need text"? If they just want random garbage then it's easy to write a program to randomly generate words from the dictionary.

Is it about articles that might match keyword searches just to get traffic and exposure to a website?

That's a serious question; I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Most of them want articles that are actually coherent and well constructed. Very few of the clients would accept tripe like this, but I have seen a few that would.

Go to textbroker.com. Yes, they do pay real money. I only do it in my spare time when I'm in the mood, and I make between $200 - $300 for a little extra spending money each month. There are some, though, that do it full time and make a decent living at it, or so they say.

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 10:11 AM
I've made a fair amount of cash on textbroker too. Nice little program for extra bucks.