PDA

View Full Version : Clive Barker's Book of Blood

Chuck Bao
8/23/2010, 03:35 AM
I had not heard of this film before. But, I bought the DVD only because the cover said it was based on a Clive Barker book. Okay, it was also discounted to only about $3.

I hate horror films. I love Clive Barker's books. Yeah, I'll buy everything he writes because it is so imaginative.

I made P-Sorn, my next door neighbor, watch it with me so I wouldn't get too scared. He couldn't sit still either.

Has anyone else seen this movie? If not, what's your favorite horror film?

P-Sorn and I are going watch "The Ring" next because he hadn't seen it. That film freaks me out more than anything that I have ever seen.

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2010, 06:52 AM
Haven't seen it, but since the 2 stories it uses are pretty decent I'll go get it now and let you know what I think after I watch it.

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2010, 06:54 AM
On a side note my favorite Barker work is the Thief of Always. I know it was written as sort of a juvie book, but it does a good job of showing his imagination without the over the top wordiness.

Chuck Bao
8/23/2010, 02:53 PM
On a side note my favorite Barker work is the Thief of Always. I know it was written as sort of a juvie book, but it does a good job of showing his imagination without the over the top wordiness.

I love that book. I love so many of Clive Barker's books, though. My favorite would have to be Abarat. Unfortunately, I have only read the first two books of the series and I NEED MORE.

C&CDean
8/23/2010, 04:07 PM
I've just never seen the point with horror flicks. Especially all of the slasher type crap. If I had to pick one though it'd have to be Nesferatu (sic?) or maybe The Exorcist. That flick still gives me goose bumps and it's been what, 40 years since it came out?

Chuck Bao
8/23/2010, 05:33 PM
I've just never seen the point with horror flicks. Especially all of the slasher type crap. If I had to pick one though it'd have to be Nesferatu (sic?) or maybe The Exorcist. That flick still gives me goose bumps and it's been what, 40 years since it came out?

I agree with sentiments and your two film choices. I get no enjoyment or thrill out of seeing slasher flicks. And, I have no qualms about putting meat on the table. All the spilling of blood and guts and I would much prefer to watch love-making prono.

Now, that supernatural crap scares the hell out of me. If you actually believe in ancient scripture from various major religions of the world, then you have to believe in existence of demons or the devil. It just isn't a subject that I really want to spending time dwelling on.

Besides the Exorcist, Amityville Horror and Helter Skeltor scared me as a kid.

Yeah, I think true evil does exist in our real world.

soonerborn30
8/23/2010, 11:03 PM
Of course it does.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/06/mackbrown2.jpg

:D

And +1 on The Ring. That movie messed me up for a couple days after I saw it. Some of the images in it stuck in my head.