PDA

View Full Version : Time to give it when . . .

Jacie
8/22/2010, 01:15 PM
. . . even your own dad won't choose you first.

Hansen gets the nod at QB for Colorado

BOULDER, Colo. (AP)—Tyler Hansen will start at quarterback for Colorado in its opener against Colorado State on Sept. 4.

The junior beat out Cody Hawkins, coach Dan Hawkins’ son.

The coach flip-flopped between the two quarterbacks last season. Hansen started the last seven games but gave way on some series to Cody Hawkins. Hansen completed 56 percent of his throws for 1,440 yards and eight TDs.

The Buffaloes went 3-9 last year, their fourth straight losing season under Dan Hawkins.

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/22/2010, 01:52 PM
How far can the kid throw batteries?

texaspokieokie
8/22/2010, 04:28 PM
he's gonna get fired anyway; might as well play his kid.

budbarrybob
8/22/2010, 05:43 PM
^^^This^^^

Got to give it up to him integrity wise...

badger
8/22/2010, 05:57 PM
His kid is the reason daddy's losing his job. If he was a good quarterback, the time they beat us might not have been considered a field-rushing upset. Maybe people would have expected more out of them than an occasional win here and there against a good team?

Alas, Hawk might have more teams to coach in the future, but he will only have one family and one son. Good luck, and "go play intramurals, brother."

Crimsontothecore
8/22/2010, 06:10 PM
It amazes me that the same guy who put Boise State on the map has totally bombed at Colorado. 4 straight losing seasons..wow.

SoonerStormchaser
8/22/2010, 07:20 PM
IT'S BIG XII FOOTBALL!!!

bluedogok
8/22/2010, 07:41 PM
It amazes me that the same guy who put Boise State on the map has totally bombed at Colorado. 4 straight losing seasons..wow.
I think the "real guy" who put Boise on the map is the current head coach there. I saw where several stated that Hawkins would struggle without Peterson. I think Hawkins was more a figurehead than the reason why they were successful.

oudavid1
8/22/2010, 07:43 PM
i dont blame him, i would rather win than give my son something he dosnt deserve. It is dumb that any kid would wanna play for his dad though.

badger
8/22/2010, 07:46 PM
i dont blame him, i would rather win than give my son something he dosnt deserve. It is dumb that any kid would wanna play for his dad though.

From pee wee to HS, it is usually not the son's choice if the dad coaches him in football. Perhaps this was one of those situations? I knew Kellen Sampson played bball for us even after his dad left, but I think that was a unique situation.

StoopTroup
8/22/2010, 07:49 PM
Colorado has a football team?

Crimsontothecore
8/22/2010, 08:18 PM
I think the "real guy" who put Boise on the map is the current head coach there. I saw where several stated that Hawkins would struggle without Peterson. I think Hawkins was more a figurehead than the reason why they were successful.

Evidence says you're right.

DenverSooner751
8/22/2010, 10:24 PM
Colorado has a football team?

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Though, around here they're still delusional that CU is an Elite program that is just on an extended rebuilding plan......uhhh, yeah.

unbiasedtruth
8/23/2010, 02:52 AM
Though, around here they're still delusional that CU is an Elite program that is just on an extended rebuilding plan......uhhh, yeah.

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^ know quite a few CU grads and fans.... they think their "split" of the 1991 MNC and what they accomplished under Coach "Mac" made them an "elite" program....

not to mention that with the right coach they would be top 5 every year.....

soonerborn30
8/23/2010, 02:53 AM
From pee wee to HS, it is usually not the son's choice if the dad coaches him in football. Perhaps this was one of those situations? I knew Kellen Sampson played bball for us even after his dad left, but I think that was a unique situation.

I don't know if you'd call what Kellen did "playing"... :D
Did he actually get any burn whatsoever? I honestly don't remember him at all. I remember him more from basketball camp than I do anything else.

DenverSooner751
8/23/2010, 07:17 AM
This is a good move, in my opinon, and actually does show the first sign of intelligence (okay, I'm being a bit harsh) by Coach Hawk.... I recall watching a few of the games last year and thinking "interesting....this kid is actually pretty decent, wonder what'll happen next year!"...and here, we are.

Having lived in the Denver metro area for the past 10+ years, I've developed quite the disdain for the majority of the CU supporters that I have encountered.....even before they know I am an OU alum/fan, I just haven't had too many great encounters. So to see the program going through what it has, makes me smile a little bit. Now having gone through the drunkard and Blake years ourselves we know first hand how this can feel and when you get a splash of good news, you really do latch on to it.

I imagine the CU fans here will be really pumped and looking forward to this season just on this news alone. Just in time for coach to be fired and for them to jump to the PAC-10.

I was at the rush the field game in 2007.......will just say, I hope to go to the game next year!

stoopified
8/23/2010, 03:53 PM
It amazes me that the same guy who put Boise State on the map has totally bombed at Colorado. 4 straight losing seasons..wow.Why?