PDA

View Full Version : Poor Stepchild U

soonerloyal
8/22/2010, 08:54 AM
I know that imitation is supposedly the sincerest form of flattery...but really - those poor guys.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/OSU_ripoffStatche.jpg

Just one more reason to direct guffaws in the general direction of Stillwater.
:rolleyes:

OK2U
8/22/2010, 09:36 AM
Fear the chin is more like it

XingTheRubicon
8/22/2010, 10:26 AM
Actually, a company part owned by Brian Bosworth, (8 something or other is the name of the company), made those shirts.

But you're probably right, some mouth-breathing aggie probably designed it. That's what aggies do. Let's update the list.

1. Waving wheat - copied from Kansas
2. "There's another aggie, FIRST DOWN!!" - copied from KSU, and everyone.
3. Some jackass riding a horse - copied from Tech
4. "The triplets" - copied from 1983 Nebraska
5. The forearm high five in BB - copied from Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco.
6. Fear the stache - copied from the guy that beat them 27 - 0.

There's more, but I can't remember them all. Stillwater is a live, outdoor equivalency form of Cop Rock...on a loop. They refer to OU as "zero U" mainly because no one has explained to them, the "O" stands for the state that they live in. When you explain this them, they just look c*ck-eyed at you. Some drool starts gathering on and around the chin area, they think real hard..., real, real hard and then they say "squatter U"...

You explain that nope, that doesn't work either. Most of Payne County was claimed in the land runs (there's even historical markers explaining it there)

Real, real c*ck-eyed look now coming from aggie. Drool is pooling. Aggie looks down, concentrating like never before...there got to be something, think aggie think. Was gonna go with "gooners" but can't remember if it was about Josh Brolin or zero U. More drool. Bus comes. Enter bus. Tough 3 steps. Drool.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2010, 11:29 AM
That is rediculous.

soonerloyal
8/22/2010, 11:52 AM
Actually, a company part owned by Brian Bosworth, (8 something or other is the name of the company), made those shirts.

Yep, Boz's Tradition 8 is where I found it. Some great OU stuff - especially the Switzer Hang Half a Hundred on 'Em tee. And some great OSU items too, if you're a Poke fan.

I stand by the statemewnt that Stillwater-bound guffaws are earned, even if Bob, Barry (and Bud's heirs) et al. owned the shop. A 'stache may have always been on Pistol Pete's mug, but Landry's is the only one I see being feared.
:P

Jacie
8/22/2010, 01:34 PM
I stand by the statemewnt that Stillwater-bound guffaws are earned, even if Bob, Barry (and Bud's heirs) et al. owned the shop. A 'stache may have always been on Pistol Pete's mug, but Landry's is the only one I see being feared.
:P

Totally agree. Aggie jokes are based on actual events. I urge college-age Sooners to make this year's game a road trip to Stillwater, see for yourself. Go up on Friday night for the festivities. For best results, bunk with someone you know who lives in the dorms or a frat house. Perhaps you can use what you see as material for a paper in Sociology . . .

MR2-Sooner86
8/22/2010, 01:45 PM
They refer to OU as "zero U" mainly because no one has explained to them, the "O" stands for the state that they live in. When you explain this them, they just look c*ck-eyed at you. Some drool starts gathering on and around the chin area, they think real hard..., real, real hard and then they say "squatter U"...

You explain that nope, that doesn't work either. Most of Payne County was claimed in the land runs (there's even historical markers explaining it there)

Real, real c*ck-eyed look now coming from aggie. Drool is pooling. Aggie looks down, concentrating like never before...there got to be something, think aggie think. Was gonna go with "gooners" but can't remember if it was about Josh Brolin or zero U. More drool. Bus comes. Enter bus. Tough 3 steps. Drool.

Don't they even have a "Boomer Lake" and "Sooner Trail" on campus? The best one is how we're not really OU. Oh no no no no no we're too stupid to name ourselves correctly and we're UO.

stoopified
8/22/2010, 04:43 PM
I know that imitation is supposedly the sincerest form of flattery...but really - those poor guys.

:rolleyes:You forgot copying the Ruf-Nek paddles.

fadada1
8/22/2010, 04:56 PM
You forgot copying the Ruf-Nek paddles.

[poke] Ours are orange. Duh. [poke]

goingoneight
8/22/2010, 06:02 PM
Right now it's funny because they're calling us "Zero-U." First thing I note it when they take the time to realize that "zero" is a cheap shot at our great state, they still have forgotten the aggy mantra is to call us "UO." Oooh... got us there, didn't ya? Funny how the University of Tulsa is never referred to as UT, University of Nebraska is never referred to as UN. They should really just call us "Daddy." Especially since the only zero that stands right now with OU and OSU is that shiny goose egg they left on the board in Norman last fall.

Crimsontothecore
8/22/2010, 06:04 PM
One of my favorites a few years back was when they referred to rustoleum stadium as the "terror dome". Who, in their right mind, would refer to an outdoor stadium as a "dome"? That one still baffles me.

KantoSooner
8/23/2010, 03:35 PM
I tend to save my abuse for Texas and Mizzou, but this goes too far. Landry's 'stache is his, and no deformed pastoralist can grow lip hair and claim it.
This is war.

badger
8/23/2010, 03:54 PM
Um... isn't this t-shirt designed by the Boz's company?

Oh wait, that wouldn't make this thread NEARLY as fun :D

Poke State stole Jerry Jones' mascot!

Poke State stole THE Ohio State's letters!

Poke State stole Oregon State's colors AND letters!

In Soviet Russia, souvenir Pro Bowl luggage stole Poke State's Tatum Bell!

Before Poke State was Poke State, Poke A&M stole Texas A&M's A&M from Texas A&M!

Poke State was once the Tigers, which they stole from either Memphis, Mizzou, LSU, Clemson or Auburn!

Poke State was also once known as the Aggies, which they stole from Utah State, OU's first opponent!

Avenge Poke State's thievery! Beat Utah State!

(yes, i know that rant made zero sense, just playing along) :P

bri
8/23/2010, 03:56 PM
COTTON WHORES

soonerborn30
8/23/2010, 04:00 PM
is it just me, or does that poor young man look less than excited about this particular modeling gig?

KantoSooner
8/23/2010, 04:58 PM
Well, when your boyfriend is double timing you with a sheep, it just, I don't know, takes the snap, crackle and pop out of your rice crispies.

Mississippi Sooner
8/23/2010, 06:21 PM
Back in 1984 I had to go to Stoolwater to cover the state high school wrestling tournament. One morning I was standing in line at McDonald's (yeah, I know, but I was young and stupid), when it suddenly occurred to me that I could smell cowsh!t. It was then that I realized that the smell was emanating from the boots of the three portly students standing in front of me. It must have been a joy to sit next to them in class.

It did make me wonder, though, just how prevalent cow dung covered boots are at that fine institution.

devOUt
8/23/2010, 09:24 PM
But you're probably right, some mouth-breathing aggie probably designed it. That's what aggies do. Let's update the list.

1. Waving wheat - copied from Kansas
2. "There's another aggie, FIRST DOWN!!" - copied from KSU, and everyone.
3. Some jackass riding a horse - copied from Tech
4. "The triplets" - copied from 1983 Nebraska
5. The forearm high five in BB - copied from Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco.
6. Fear the stache - copied from the guy that beat them 27 - 0.

The onside kick bounced off the facemask is an aggie original.

Big Red Ron
8/24/2010, 11:50 AM
Poor aggie!

Cappy
8/24/2010, 03:04 PM
Yep, Boz's Tradition 8 is where I found it. Some great OU stuff - especially the Switzer Hang Half a Hundred on 'Em tee. And some great OSU items too, if you're a Poke fan.

Link?

soonerborn30
8/24/2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.traditioneight.com/index.php?products&action=products&category_id=2

Landthief 1972
8/24/2010, 03:14 PM
Best OU shirt EVAR:

http://www.mikemorkes.com/ou/sims.jpg

yankee
8/24/2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.traditioneight.com/index.php?products&action=products&category_id=2

damn those are actually some pretty cool shirts.

soonerborn30
8/24/2010, 03:23 PM
They're a little spendy for T-shirts, but I guess that's the price you pay for greatness.

:D

KantoSooner
8/24/2010, 04:13 PM
That Sims Fro shirt though is past awesome. I think I could buy like seven or eight of them and just wear a clean one every day.

oudivesherpa
8/24/2010, 07:06 PM
The thing I don't get is why if we ever change conferences do we have to take Pokie State with us?

goingoneight
8/24/2010, 07:18 PM
n00b fans think they're some kinda rival or something.

oudivesherpa
8/24/2010, 07:34 PM
Eight, they can still be a rival in Conference USA

Piware
8/24/2010, 08:47 PM

:rolleyes:

What a hoot! I wish they had a shirt with Pete that says Fear the Mutant.
Has anybody else noticed that the facial hair is not really a mustache. It is growing out of his NOSE. :P

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2010, 09:27 PM
My favorite is when they make fun of the Sooners nickname. And what state do they live in? The Sooner State.

DenverSooner751
8/24/2010, 09:38 PM
My favorite is when they make fun of the Sooners nickname. And what state do they live in? The Gooner State.

Fixed.

That's how they'd have it.

soonerborn30
8/24/2010, 10:01 PM
I actually had one start yapping at me today about cheating. I just told him to go Google NCO - Oklahoma State and see what happened. He didn't talk to me for the rest of the day... hmmmm :confused:

prrriiide
8/24/2010, 10:04 PM
GHEY.

NTTAWWT

Mixer!
8/25/2010, 12:11 AM
Don't they even have a "Boomer Lake" and "Sooner Trail" on campus?

Boomer Lake, Boomer Road; and the final resting place of the "Father of Oklahoma" Capt. David L. Payne, leader of the "Boomer Army". Members of the Orange Taliban keep demanding that all mentions of 'that B word' be stricken from said features and be replaced with 'Cowboy'.
[hairGel] :eddie: :les: