PDA

View Full Version : Dear "Soonerman"... (You know who you are)...

soonerboy_odanorth
8/21/2010, 08:42 PM
In case you don't.. Here's a refresher:

You're that white-haired, white-bearded IDIOT, with a glue pen-n-glitter white "SOONERS" headband, white-rimmed $5.99 stupid Paris Hilton rip-off sunglasses, and homemade "Go OU" tank-top, and old-sheet-wearing (like a cape) TOOL that when Jay Leno asks, "What's a Sooner?", you respond... "uh, uh, uh, I don't know"...

Go find another team. Really. We don't want you. I do not subscribe to the theory of "the more the merrier!" You are a moron-******. Or.. a ******-moron.

You are exactly the kind of POS that as soon as we have a truly rough year will say, "Well this isn't fun anymore, I hear they have a team in Stillwater."

Go away. You are an embarassment. And a ******.

Every monkey on this board:

If your OU knowledge does not rise above this brand of goof's awareness... just check out now and go away.

Thanks!

(This message brought to you by the fact I have been popping in tapes/dvd's of the last few years in anticipation of the coming season and ran across this "Soonerman" ********* on one of the replays. GAH!)

SouthFortySooner
8/21/2010, 08:56 PM
Those weirdos are a very few brain cells from the similar self-seeking behavior of running onto the field naked.

yermom
8/21/2010, 09:38 PM
seems like he ran himself off in the last few years

i remember some kind of rumblings about shady business deals or something?

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 09:44 PM
Next question: "Who is Thomas Lott?"

Response: "He played for the 49ers, I think."

birddog
8/21/2010, 09:46 PM
correct, oh bearded one.

Eielson
8/21/2010, 09:46 PM
I'm guessing this is a joke.

Mazeppa
8/21/2010, 09:49 PM
Did he sit in sec. 23?

gaylordfan1
8/21/2010, 09:53 PM
:eek:
:gary:
:pop:

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 10:00 PM
correct, oh bearded one.

:facepalm

Soonerus
8/21/2010, 10:30 PM
He bonked.

BoulderSooner79
8/21/2010, 10:36 PM
You're that white-haired, white-bearded IDIOT, with a glue pen-n-glitter white "SOONERS" headband, white-rimmed $5.99 stupid Paris Hilton rip-off sunglasses, and homemade "Go OU" tank-top, and old-sheet-wearing (like a cape) TOOL that when Jay Leno asks, "What's a Sooner?", you respond... "uh, uh, uh, I don't know"...

That doesn't narrow it down much; could you be more specific?

soonerborn30
8/21/2010, 10:43 PM
Did he sit in sec. 23?

Heeeyyy...I sit in sec. 23.

:confused:

Mad Dog Madsen
8/21/2010, 10:47 PM
I know him personally.

oudavid1
8/22/2010, 12:47 AM
Heeeyyy...I sit in sec. 23.

:confused:

thats not in your sig. loser. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2010, 12:57 AM
I represent section "my couch" here in Vegas, but I'm not adding it to my sig.

soonerloyal
8/22/2010, 09:14 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101477

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/SoonermanAndSoonerboy.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS/SoonermanAndSoonerboyChristmas.jpg

Mississippi Sooner
8/22/2010, 09:25 AM
I dunno if it really belongs in the thread, but let's never forget OU's original superfan, Cecil Samara. Gotta love a guy who had Boomer Sooner played at his funeral and whose tombstone reads Sooner Born...Sooner Dead.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3636641517_33414aae87.jpg

PalmBeachSooner
8/22/2010, 09:26 AM
You really think they read this forum?

meoveryouxinfinity
8/22/2010, 09:28 AM
........and this post is what you'd consider classy?

Soonerus
8/22/2010, 11:35 AM
I dunno if it really belongs in the thread, but let's never forget OU's original superfan, Cecil Samara. Gotta love a guy who had Boomer Sooner played at his funeral and whose tombstone reads Sooner Born...Sooner Dead.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3636641517_33414aae87.jpg

Cecil was cool, he would park next to the stadium on the North side...and I think he drove his car to all away games...gotta love Cecil....

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2010, 11:39 AM
The word 'classy' is only used when some really 'unclassy' stuff is being discussed.

... and I am starting to forget Thomas Lott. Hell, I was like 7. I need game film.

setem
8/22/2010, 11:43 AM
So we want someone like you representing our beloved university? The guy has never hurt anyone and to be honest not many people know what a Sooner really is. The guy has a rough couple of years. He got into trouble for not filling orders at his hearing aid clinic, he took care of his business and had to close shop. What many folks don't know is he provided hearing aids for elderly people who can not afford it with all of the expense coming out of his own pocket. The guys did a lot of good and got a bad wrap because people are impatient. I think he was a great rep for the university and I wish he could see the Sooners play again!

texaspokieokie
8/22/2010, 12:13 PM
i think, Cecil's car was trailered to away games.

yermom
8/22/2010, 12:18 PM
it thought he just drove it to Texas?

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2010, 12:37 PM
So we want someone like your representing our beloved university? The guy has never hurt anyone and to be honest not many people know what a Sooner really is. The guy has a rough couple of years. He got into trouble for not filling orders at his hearing aid clinic, he took care of his business and had to close shop. What many folks don't know is he provided hearing aids for elderly people who can not afford it with all of the expense coming out of his own pocket. The guys did a lot of good and got a bad wrap because people are impatient. I think he was a great rep for the university and I wish he could see the Sooners play again!

You sure about that? What's the name of the clinic? Most HA manufacturers do pro bono and the clinician isn't out a cent. He wouldn't have to close his shop for not being charitable... he would for being negligent though. The manufacturers get hit up for free stuff all the time and process thousands of applications and are ALWAYS slow. It's never been an issue cause the products are free and people understand that they will have to wait. What happened?

MichiganSooner
8/22/2010, 02:36 PM
He has parked his car in the Cate Center area several times. It is a big Cadillac which is all decked out in Sooner decor. He gets in it, backs up, and honks the horn which plays Boomer Sooner. The fans spread out and waved as he drove through. Ease up on Sooner Man.

Mississippi Sooner
8/22/2010, 02:41 PM
Cecil was cool, he would park next to the stadium on the North side...and I think he drove his car to all away games...gotta love Cecil....

I don't remember the year, but I clearly remember channel 5 breaking in one night to announce that Cecil Samara's house was on fire. I remember being really freaked out about that because Cecil's house was like a Sooner museum.

CatfishSooner
8/22/2010, 02:56 PM
I like soonerman....sounds like someone is jealous or something???

the_ouskull
8/22/2010, 03:14 PM
I don't know who I want to dry-hump more; odanorth? or JW3K? This thread is full of smile.

the_ouskull

SoonerStormchaser
8/22/2010, 03:18 PM
WTF is this retard slapfight with setem and JW3K? Did I miss something?

badger
8/22/2010, 07:44 PM
I am not really familiar with his biz problems, but whenever I saw him at basketball games, he was cheering a lot and giving little kids OU stickers to wear. Seemed like a very nice guy.

Yes, it looks funny to have an old guy dressed up like Santa Sooner when it isn't Christmas for another 11 months at LNC, but most of my college years, that place was embarrassingly quiet, so we could have used several thousand more of him to fill those ugly (and empty) Nebraska-red corner seats most nights.

setem
8/22/2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not fighting anyone! I just think it is a dick move when a get catches a bad break and people feed on it. They did this **** on the other board and it pisses me off.

From what I saw on the news he got sick and fell behind on orders. He lost his business over it and is selling cars in MWC or Del-City not sure. Give the guy a break is all I am saying.

budbarrybob
8/22/2010, 08:34 PM
Note to admin...
Please close this thread.

Sooner04
8/22/2010, 09:04 PM
seems like he ran himself off in the last few years

i remember some kind of rumblings about shady business deals or something?
I hadn't heard from him since that big scandal at the aquarium.

sooner n houston
8/23/2010, 06:55 AM
I've always appreciated Sooner-Man! Always seemed like a nice guy to me, just trying to have some fun and show some love to the Sooners.
You people need to learn to enjoy life more and not sweat the small stuff. Let this fan show his support his way and enjoy it. If you feel he somehow belittles you, maybe you take your self too serious!

Boomer Sooner!!!

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2010, 07:11 AM
I don't really GAS about the debate at hand or the dude's business dealings.

I do wonder though, when did they stop teaching the origin of the word "Sooner" in Oklahoma schools? We covered Oklahoma history extensively in 4th or 5th grade when I was a kid. I'm fairly sure there's even more detailed history taught in later years. Are there really people who only made it to 3rd grade?

w0lfe
8/23/2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah I have seen that old white car lol. He drives like a maniac haha. I have no problem with the guy. There has been many times at the LNC when he was one of the only few cheering.

Fraggle145
8/23/2010, 03:57 PM
This thread gives me a semi. :O

C&CDean
8/23/2010, 04:22 PM
Personally, I ain't much on grown-assed men dressing up like a fool at sporting events. When I see those Oakland Raider freaks, or the Minnesota Viqueen who rides the Harley out (what, this dude is at least 60 now) all be-decked in their lame gear I think "fag." Soonerman wouldn't even be a topic if he hadn't screwed the pooch when Ross the Intern asked him "so, what exactly is a Sooner?" and his drunk *** just looked at him like an idiot.

I couldn't give a crap about his business failings. He's just too damn old to dress up like that. Cecil was classy. Soonerman, not so much.

the_ouskull
8/23/2010, 06:59 PM
^ gets it.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/23/2010, 08:45 PM
WTF is this retard slapfight with setem and JW3K? Did I miss something?

Yep. You missed something. We weren't fighting. I just wanted to get clarification on the closing of the guy's business, as I am in the same field.

Skull, hump the other guy. I won't be jealous.

SoonerStormchaser
8/23/2010, 08:50 PM
Ummm...so I apparently sleep-walked my way through OU. There's a Sooner-MAN? I thought the Sooner-man was those college student idiots who sat in the front rows of the student section wearing those gay capes, aviator sunglasses and insanely retarded chest paint!

Jason White's Third Knee
8/23/2010, 08:52 PM
Never heard of the guy until this thread.

badger
8/23/2010, 09:14 PM
Ummm...so I apparently sleep-walked my way through OU. There's a Sooner-MAN? I thought the Sooner-man was those college student idiots who sat in the front rows of the student section wearing those gay capes, aviator sunglasses and insanely retarded chest paint!

Didn't attend much basketball, did you? :)

Just football right?

:mad: Only a Sooner who didn't go to LNC often enough would utter such words!

Busted! :D

btk108
8/23/2010, 10:43 PM

He was courtside at the Bball games for a while...until all the trouble started surfacing and he mysteriously disappeared

Ruf/Nek7
8/23/2010, 10:51 PM
Hey that guy checked my ear drum for free when i went to his office in OKC! And he sponsored a shotgun for the RUF/NEKS! Can we atleast keep Boomer Boy?

SoonersEnFuego
8/24/2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone who is going to dress up like that for every game should know every intricate detail of the University of Oklahoma. I bet he doesn't even know who Mex is. I do like his intensity though. Gotta admire that.

yermom
8/24/2010, 09:51 AM
yeah, there is some level of responsibility in publicly deeming yourself "Soonerman"

setem
8/24/2010, 11:43 AM
Anyone who is going to dress up like that for every game should know every intricate detail of the University of Oklahoma. I bet he doesn't even know who Mex is. I do like his intensity though. Gotta admire that.

I can agree with that. IF you are dubbed something like that you should be able to back it but he seems like a good guy and he is not hurting anyone.

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 12:19 PM
I know people in Vegas that cheer for SUC that know what a sooner is.

Pigface1
8/24/2010, 12:27 PM
Soonerman has been going to games for years. At this point, I just wish he would make an effort to get the red right. He looks more like Nebraska man than anything else.

Pigface1
8/24/2010, 12:29 PM
And regarding not knowing what a Sooner is, that's fine. However, if you're going to draw that much attention to yourself and call yourself "SOONER man," you might want to look up what it is in the first place.

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 12:29 PM
In his defense, the people that make Rit dye need to consider widening the color spectrum available at Wal Mart.