PDA

View Full Version : According to Landry he didnt' have a good scrimmage

oumartin
8/20/2010, 09:46 PM
Don't know if it's old news but watching espn's college show and jake trotter was on there saying Landry was not pleased with himself. Threw a couple of int's I guess.

Mazeppa
8/20/2010, 09:51 PM
Bring on Blake, heh

Collier11
8/20/2010, 09:52 PM
and Stoops said he did great, you want your starting QB to expect perfection out of himself

CrimsonJim
8/20/2010, 10:10 PM
Playing against our secondary is harder than most opposing teams, because they recognize the routs quickly, having to go against them every day in practice. The QB has to really be on his A game to keep anything from being picked. One or two INTs probably isn't that bad at all, but as Collier said, it's great that he expects perfection.

budbarrybob
8/20/2010, 10:37 PM
Guess he's trying to play even with FSU's QB.

Sooner04
8/20/2010, 10:48 PM
Don't know if it's old news but watching espn's college show and jake trotter was on there saying Landry was not pleased with himself. Threw a couple of int's I guess.
http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/Charles/gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg

goingoneight
8/20/2010, 10:57 PM
Again, he's not doing anything in comparison to FSU's QB. He was disappointed with how the offense altogether dropped off after the opening drive in the scrimmage. Jesus, people are really taking this story and running all different directions with it. And we wonder why Stoops likes his practices closed.

Spray
8/20/2010, 11:03 PM
04- Give it until October 1. You know as well as I do this is one of those situations where you hope you are 100% wrong. Cuz that's a good thing, right?

Sooner04
8/20/2010, 11:13 PM
I hope I'm 1000x wrong. I hope the kid comes out and has a monster season. Obviously, I'm not paid for my opinions. :)

But I'm afraid I'm right........

soonerborn30
8/21/2010, 12:23 AM
Ugh. I guess there's solace in the fact that the best defense he'll see all year is in practice.

Okie35
8/21/2010, 02:50 AM
Landry said the running backs and the o-line were good though. I think Landry will be fine.

Crucifax Autumn
8/21/2010, 06:15 AM
Christ...It's really hard not to neg people sometimes when all they want to do is trash the players, but I'll wait until it's proven they are wrong and then spend every waking moment destroying their reputation.

You'd think some of these people had won the Heisman themselves as critical as they are of loyal Sooner players who have done nothing but do their best for us. It's even worse when it's a kid that recently said he'd do anything for us fans to have something to rally around.

The guy expects more ofhimself than the coaches. I think that's a great thing.

Dooshtastic.

soonerborn30
8/21/2010, 11:34 PM
Christ...It's really hard not to neg people sometimes when all they want to do is trash the players, but I'll wait until it's proven they are wrong and then spend every waking moment destroying their reputation.

You'd think some of these people had won the Heisman themselves as critical as they are of loyal Sooner players who have done nothing but do their best for us. It's even worse when it's a kid that recently said he'd do anything for us fans to have something to rally around.

The guy expects more of himself than the coaches. I think that's a great thing.

Dooshtastic.

I don't get this. I'm not trying to get negged here, but I have to respectfully disagree. If we're talking specifically about Landry, then he had some moments last year that definitely warranted some criticism. He also had some brilliant moments that deserved lauding. I just don't understand why it's expected that we do one and not the other. When he signed up to play QB at OU, he HAD to have understood that he'd be in a tiny little fishbowl, all eyes on his every move. Don't get me wrong, I get that they're kids and for grown men and women to trash them on the internet is wrong, but the rational, fact-based criticisms of his performances should be just as valid as the appreciation for the good stuff he does.

Just my .02

SoonerLB
8/22/2010, 12:04 AM
Landry will be fine. It's practice, that's the place to work out the kinks.
And all negativity should be aimed at the usual suspects!
That is all. :)

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2010, 12:31 AM
I don't get this. I'm not trying to get negged here, but I have to respectfully disagree. If we're talking specifically about Landry, then he had some moments last year that definitely warranted some criticism. He also had some brilliant moments that deserved lauding. I just don't understand why it's expected that we do one and not the other. When he signed up to play QB at OU, he HAD to have understood that he'd be in a tiny little fishbowl, all eyes on his every move. Don't get me wrong, I get that they're kids and for grown men and women to trash them on the internet is wrong, but the rational, fact-based criticisms of his performances should be just as valid as the appreciation for the good stuff he does.

Just my .02

You misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with constructive criticism which is the worst I've ever heard from you specifically. My issue arises when it's just flat out, no reason bullcrap about a good kid doing his best and tryiung to get even better. Analysis and thought out critiques like I've seen you offer from time to time is just "talking football". Predicting the kid is gonna blow like somebody we all know is annoying, particularly when the same poster had said similar things about other players over the last few days. If said poster had said he wanted and hoped to see more of the good and less of the growing pains and mistakes we saw last year I would never have posted what I did and in fact if the post had been done intelligently I may have been sending out green rather than blurting out my frustration.

This is also an issue for me when I see a poster that has slammed some of our newer fans for not having every minute of Sooner history memorized showing such disrespect for the present and acting godly all the time for knowing some minute detail from a game in 1977 or so. Guess what? The rest of us old timers who were there or youngsters who have kinda weirdly studied the history know all that crap too and we're not really impressed when someone passes themself off as encyclopedia Sooneratica.

Have some green on me for making your argument respectfully and with intelligence.

sooneron
8/22/2010, 11:18 AM

Have you seen 04's highlights from his intramural campaign of 2002? Greatness.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2010, 11:54 AM
I sat by some jackass in the stands last year that was screaming about Jones throwing the ball too high. I am pretty sure the guy never played football, but he knew it all after listening to the Sports Animal. "Keep your balls down LANDRY!!!" Yeah, Heupel isn't already telling him that, so feel free to yell at your own players, *********.

Look people. He knows. He's played the sport his whole life. He is sacrificing his life to play this sport for OU. He was green. He had a pretty ****ty line that was constantly changing. He had a dead world class tight end. Let the kid have a chance to shine and stop bagging him like you have any idea how to play at his level.

He's a great kid and he's giving his all. If he fails, give the guy credit for trying instead of crucifying him. Feel free to give **** to opposing teams though...

Collier11
8/22/2010, 12:12 PM
Have your opinions about the players, just dont be a sh*thead about it cus none of us could do any better.

Hell, half of the fat azzes around here probably wouldnt even get out in the sun to grab the morning paper, let alone play football :D

delhalew
8/22/2010, 12:17 PM
Put me down on the "lay off of Landry" list. If he has a bad first few games and you wanna start talking about replacing him, that's one thing. Can we at least give him a chance to come back.
I find the whole thing confusing. He had one bad game last year and put up good numbers for a frosh. WTF?

Collier11
8/22/2010, 12:21 PM
He put up the best numbers of any freshman QB in the nation behind a scrap heap Oline and a WR group that couldnt catch a cold outside of Broyles

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 12:29 PM
Well to be honest guys there are Dooshbags in the world then Theres the rest of us.:cool:

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2010, 12:48 PM
He put up the best numbers of any freshman QB in the nation behind a scrap heap Oline and a WR group that couldnt catch a cold outside of Broyles

Bingo. The jackhole next to me was saying things like "He's killing us" and "Why don't we have a better qb?"

Oh, I thought I was gonna kill that man. I did start a small war, by telling him that if he couldn't do better than he should just shut up. After a few "WTF???"s and a "I'm a grown man and I have had these seats for 10 years" I told him that was a shame for the people around him that had to listen to this crap for 10 years. Then I turned to him and said that he was gonna do absolutely nothing about it while I enjoyed the rest of the game.

Cheer for OU and young players that are struggling. Wanna yell about something? Yell at the other team. Makes sense to me.

Sooner04
8/22/2010, 01:09 PM
Have you seen 04's highlights from his intramural campaign of 2002? Greatness.
It was 2001.

And I still have the championship T-shirt.

And I NEVER threw five picks in a game!

:)

soonerborn30
8/23/2010, 02:31 AM
The more I think about it, the more I tend to think that maybe he could have used a little more help. (ladies and gentlemen the award for understatement of the year goes to...)

I legitimately want to see him do well. Most of all, I want to see him go on the road and throw for 300, 3 TDs and maybe one pick. The thing I'm realizing is that these road woes aren't his fault, they've been here since before him. I'm really excited to see what he can do with a whole offseason under his belt, and a whole offseason under the wing of one NC-winning Josh Huepel. Most of all I'm tired of typing about it. I want some damn football!!!

Wishboned
8/23/2010, 09:42 PM
Being thrown into the fire like Landry was last season tends to do one of two things to a player. It can forge them into iron, or it can shatter their confidence beyond all repair.

I have faith that this season we're going to see a poised, confident young man who is ready to lead his team to greatness.

KC//CRIMSON
9/4/2010, 08:39 PM
I hope I'm 1000x wrong. I hope the kid comes out and has a monster season. Obviously, I'm not paid for my opinions. :)

But I'm afraid I'm right........

Got tonight's winning lottery numbers by chance?

salth2o
9/4/2010, 08:41 PM
according to salth2o....Landry has sucked arse tonight also.