PDA

View Full Version : Gas Money and Friends

oudavid1
8/20/2010, 02:24 PM
Alrighty, one of my friends is having an argument with one over my other friends and im just curious to what you guys think.

Ok, we are 18 (thats why parents are going)

My friend Bob(made up names) and his parents invited Charlie and Rick to Lake Texoma. (all three live in OKC). Bob obviously is going cause his parents are he invited Rick and Charlie to go with them for the weekend and stay in there own cabin for free. But Bobs parents are going separately then the young boys. So Bob asked Rick to drive him and charlie down there. (Rick has the nicest, most comfortable car) Rick says ok if Charlie and Bob pay 15$ each for gas. (It takes rick a full tank to get down and back and a full tank costs 48$. Bob refuses because he claims his parents are covering everything else and tells Rick to make his parents pay for it. Rick dosnt like asking parents for money and dosnt think he should have to. Charlie would get to go completely free and Bob would be paying nothing out of pocket either. So Rick is basically not going to go.

is this right, or is it completely fair that rick and bob put in 15$ for gas.

your opinions mater to me :D .

btk108
8/20/2010, 02:26 PM
this sounds like one of those math equations to me....I'm out

oudavid1
8/20/2010, 02:28 PM
this sounds like one of those math equations to me....I'm out

well Bob and Charlie think they shouldn't owe anything for free transportation

royalfan5
8/20/2010, 02:28 PM
The train reaches Fort Worth at 3.15.

oudavid1
8/20/2010, 02:29 PM
Well im looking for your opinions

olevetonahill
8/20/2010, 02:31 PM
The ones who dont want to pay are doosh nozzels

btk108
8/20/2010, 02:32 PM
gas, a** or gr***, no free rides.....or so I've always been told

oudavid1
8/20/2010, 02:38 PM
The ones who dont want to pay are doosh nozzels

I would agree.

BillyBall
8/20/2010, 03:37 PM
gas, a** or gr***, no free rides.....or so I've always been told

This.

Viking Kitten
8/20/2010, 04:00 PM
Rick is being a putz.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:04 PM
Rick is a wise fellow.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 04:06 PM
I'd give you an opinion if I could make heads or tails out of that mess of a post.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:24 PM
Goofus has a car.

Gallant has a lake house.

Gallant invites Goofus to the lake.

Goofus accepts the swell invitation.

Gallant needs a ride to the lake and expects Goofus to take him there in exchange for the free lake stay.

Goofus tells Gallant to eat sh*t and die.

Gallant is found in his lake house two weeks later with a shank in his neck.

SouthFortySooner
8/20/2010, 04:33 PM
Am I gettin this right. The guy drivin is asking the son of the folks who are payin for his weekend and yet he's askin the son for gas money?

sooner ngintunr
8/20/2010, 04:34 PM
Charlie should pay gas money. Bob shouldn't. If $15 is worth it for rick to **** off a friend that just invited him to a lake house then don't go and never get asked back to the swell lake house. If it were me, I'd just drive and not ask for gas money. $15 between friends aint ****. Sucks for you that you have the nice car. LOL. I'd just make em buy the beer next time or something.

OUHOMER
8/20/2010, 05:04 PM
Yep, Rick and Charlie should split the gas. Bob should tell Rick to pack some sand.

Oh and I thought my english, sentence structure and typng skills were poor

Boomer.....
8/20/2010, 05:23 PM
Normally, gas would not matter but because you guys are young and bitching, Rick and Charlie should split the gas for the trip or just ride with bob like was initially planned.

SbOrOiNaEnR
8/20/2010, 05:44 PM
Goofus has a car.

Gallant has a lake house.

Gallant invites Goofus to the lake.

Goofus accepts the swell invitation.

Gallant needs a ride to the lake and expects Goofus to take him there in exchange for the free lake stay.

Goofus tells Gallant to eat sh*t and die.

Gallant is found in his lake house two weeks later with a shank in his neck.

Someone apparently subscribed to the elusive Lowlights magazine as a child ;)

oudavid1
8/20/2010, 05:55 PM
Normally, gas would not matter but because you guys are young and bitching, Rick and Charlie should split the gas for the trip or just ride with bob like was initially planned.

Well Rick dosnt want to drive, he would much rather ride with bobs parents but bob wants the kids to go separate and rick dosnt wanna drive or take his car.

Al Gore
8/20/2010, 06:53 PM
Is the mom hot? If so, post a pic before I state my opinion......

MR2-Sooner86
8/20/2010, 07:02 PM
So Rick is basically not going to go.

Tuff **** then. If Rick wants to be a little bitch and not ask his parents for money or just spend an extra $15 for a free vacation that's his god damn problem. **** him.

StoopTroup
8/20/2010, 07:20 PM
This is really easy.

It's $45 in gas to get there and back. They want Rick to drive because his car is the most comfortable. Since Rick is driving his car and putting the wear and tear on his car as well as insurance and also taking on the responsibility of getting them there safely...Bob and Charlie should cough up the $24 each in gas for the trip. Once they get down there Bob needs to let Rick know that the Cabin fee for the weekend is $48 or he can just sleep in his car, I mean....it is very comfortable. Now....if at this point Rick is upset and still doesn't want to go down there this weekend....I go slash his tires and then Bob and Charlie can take another car.

Also....never invite Rick for anything ever again....he doesn't understand what it is to be a friend.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 07:22 PM
You know what I don't miss? 18 year old $15 drama.

StoopTroup
8/20/2010, 07:24 PM
You know what I don't miss? 18 year old $15 drama.

TIME FOR A BEER!

StoopTroup
8/20/2010, 07:24 PM
Also...put some drugs in Rick's Trunk.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 07:34 PM
Beer hell. Time for a Dew.

StoopTroup
8/20/2010, 07:36 PM
What ever floats yer boat....

I'd Iphone some pics of my *** crack to Rick from the boat on Texoma.

Chuck Bao
8/20/2010, 09:26 PM
I just don't get it at all. There is no way that I would ever ask anyone for gas money. There is no way that I would ever not insist on paying for gas at the pump station even if it is devious ploy of running in ahead and laying down $50 at the cashier. There is no way that I would ever go to someone's house, even a lake house, without bringing something, like a basket of fruit or chips & dip.

Honestly, I was not taught these things and I really shudder to think the mistakes I made as an 18-year old. Your friends, OUdavid, are going to have to figure it out for themselves. Either they graduate to the next level or they don't. Anyway, good luck and I hope you are far smarter than I was.

soonerborn30
8/20/2010, 10:02 PM
The kid that is getting the free cabin needs to nut up and drive the damn car.

And I concur. I do not miss the drama that comes with being 18.

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 12:12 AM
lol ok thanks for the help guys, Not that my friends will use it, but i was just gonna exercise my south oval a little bit.

Btw, Rick was mad because he was the only one losing money on this trip.

1890MilesToNorman
8/21/2010, 12:49 AM
This question was answered over 50 years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfq5kju627c

SanJoaquinSooner
8/21/2010, 01:01 AM
Leave the parents home.

yermom
8/21/2010, 01:14 AM
This is really easy.

It's $45 in gas to get there and back. They want Rick to drive because his car is the most comfortable. Since Rick is driving his car and putting the wear and tear on his car as well as insurance and also taking on the responsibility of getting them there safely...Bob and Charlie should cough up the $24 each in gas for the trip. Once they get down there Bob needs to let Rick know that the Cabin fee for the weekend is $48 or he can just sleep in his car, I mean....it is very comfortable. Now....if at this point Rick is upset and still doesn't want to go down there this weekend....I go slash his tires and then Bob and Charlie can take another car.

Also....never invite Rick for anything ever again....he doesn't understand what it is to be a friend.

maybe Rick always gets roped into driving everywhere because he has a nicer car

the two kids staying for free should probably split gas IMO

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 01:15 AM

actually this is true of rick lol

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 06:41 AM

Then maybe the other two don't no anything about being a friend either. Sounds to me like they are all part of the new breed of whiney little bitches. Rick should have told them he would drive and pay for gas as long as they rode in his trunk then.

There wasn't even one bitch slap or wrestling slapfest over this?

And where were their Girl Friend?

You see where I'm going?

David....be careful....I think they are making this a thing to get you to feel sorry for them and then indoctrinate you into their little ghey club. Be Careful. :D

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 09:29 AM
Well what ended up happening is Rick didnt go because Charlies and Bob didnt wanna pay 15 each for Ricks gas and Rick wasnt gonna ask his dad for money cause he says he dosnt like doing that and that his dad shouldnt pay when hes not going blah blah......anyway. thanks for weighing in guys

Tulsa_Fireman
8/21/2010, 02:57 PM
Then maybe the other two don't no anything about being a friend either. Sounds to me like they are all part of the new breed of whiney little bitches. Rick should have told them he would drive and pay for gas as long as they rode in his trunk then.

There wasn't even one bitch slap or wrestling slapfest over this?

And where were their Girl Friend?

You see where I'm going?

David....be careful....I think they are making this a thing to get you to feel sorry for them and then indoctrinate you into their little ghey club. Be Careful. :D

And then...

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2010/1/13/633989938801352780-SurpriseButtsecks.jpg

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 03:02 PM
lol this thread took a turn

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 03:04 PM
Well Rick dosnt want to drive, he would much rather ride with bobs parents but bob wants the kids to go separate and rick dosnt wanna drive or take his car.

So Bob wants the Kids to go in seperate Cars?
Then all 3 should split the Gas
Nuff said

yermom
8/21/2010, 03:12 PM
i think Rick is already home crying in his Cheerios

he needs to learn how to argue, apparently :D

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 03:12 PM
No bob wants Rick to drive him and Charlie for free. thats why rick was mad.

yermom
8/21/2010, 03:14 PM
you are Rick, aren't you? :D

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 03:15 PM
you are Rick, aren't you? :D

Hes the one posting aint he ?
the other 2 are at the Lake :D

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 03:18 PM
Hes the one posting aint he ?
the other 2 are at the Lake :D

lol yeah, and now bob is pissed off at me. But i got to hang out with cindy last night so i cant complain.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 03:24 PM
lol yeah, and now bob is pissed off at me. But i got to hang out with cindy last night so i cant complain.

So you pissed him off so ya could stay and Boink his GF ????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good Jorb ;)

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 03:26 PM
So you pissed him off so ya could stay and Boink his GF ????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good Jorb ;)

nah, his gf goes to stilly. Mines going to Norman. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
8/21/2010, 03:37 PM
Insert buttsecks image here.

Smooth move, Bob.

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 03:50 PM
Bob Johnson

badger
8/21/2010, 03:55 PM
Another money scenario:

Three guys roomed together in an apartment and were all moving out during the same month. Two moved out two weeks early, but didn't bother to cut off electricity, cable, or internet, because they knew the third guy would need electricity for the rest of the month. However, they did take the televisions and Internet connections with them, so the third guy could not use cable or Internet for the rest of the month.

When it comes times to pay bills, the two that moved out early expect the third guy to pay half the month's cable and Internet for the second half of the month, in addition to one-third for the first part of the month, even though the third guy couldn't use Internet or cable, because the connections and televisions were gone. The total bill for everything, which the two guys cannot pay on their own, is a few hundred dollars and they are being pursued by a collection agency.

Rather than haggle the mathematics or the fairness of things, or even try to follow this confusing and true story, here is the way it was settled: paid what the two guys said they thought was his share.

So, he didn't get Internet for the last part of the month. So, he didn't get cable either.

They. were. friends, and a few dollars should not come between friends.

Long post short, advise your friend that money, especially $15, is not worth losing friends over. "It's not fair," "It's the principle!" and "I had the right of way" are things you write on whiner's tombstones, not things you should utter constantly throughout life.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 03:55 PM
Losers :D

http://files.g4tv.com/images/blog/2008/08/29/633556107872965937.jpg

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 04:03 PM
I agree that Rick or David or whatever his name is ( :D ) shouldn't be made to feel bad about not asking his Parent's for money for a weekend at the lake. If you can't afford to do something....you can't afford it. Bob and Charlie and Rick shouldn't negotiate friendship and if money gets in the way of Friendship...it's easy to fix. Never get into money arguments if you can't handle picking up the tab for your friends every now and then. When you do pick up the tab...don't expect the favor to be returned. If you do expect the favor to be returned...don't pick up the tab to begin with. Learn something from relationships instead of bitch and whine about them.

I have personal rules about money and friends. People should have rules and stick to them IMO. Not sticking to them is what makes you mad...and most times folks are really more mad at themselves than their friends, they just don't like admitting it.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 04:33 PM
Honestly, I was not taught these things and I really shudder to think the mistakes I made as an 18-year old.

This.

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 04:40 PM
You are one lucky SOB if you were to have lived your life with one really good friend IMO.

I'd say that most folks become friends and lose friends more than stay friends most of their lives. Probably the best way to stay friends is to live in separate States....even that doesn't always work.....lol

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 05:33 PM
well rick isnt mad at them because rick was ok with just not going, but bob and charlie miss him and are mad that rick didnt go. Bob and Rick have been through alot, especially when rick was there for bob when his mom died when bob was 16. Besides, rick is notorious for wanting to travel, he turned down christmas i mexico with his hot italian gf just cause. Ricks kind of a wierdo

Crucifax Autumn
8/21/2010, 05:43 PM
6KBtYG6BZrg

oudavid1
8/21/2010, 06:38 PM
lol what?

yermom
8/21/2010, 06:57 PM
David's new in town.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 07:02 PM
It's been a rough week for OUDavid.

badger
8/22/2010, 05:59 PM
hot italian gf just cause. kind of a wierdo

At least you can admit that you're a weirdo... or a wierdo. Either or :D

sooner_born_1960
8/22/2010, 06:25 PM
If everyone involved had a job, there wouldn't be so much drama over $48.

oudavid1
8/22/2010, 07:39 PM
If everyone involved had a job, there wouldn't be so much drama over $48.

they all do.

badger
8/22/2010, 07:48 PM
they all do.

Great! Then grab their latest paycheck, and point out the Social Security money they're never going to see again that's gotten taken out of their check since the beginning of the year. then, compare it to the amount that they are requesting from friends for gas. Tell them that just like the social security money, they'll never see their friends again if they make a big deal over this amount. Is it worth it?

oudavid1
8/22/2010, 07:50 PM
lol well they all 3 settled it and its over now. everythings back to normal

badger
8/23/2010, 03:05 PM
lol well they all 3 settled it and its over now. everythings back to normal

Drive safely David :)

oudavid1
8/23/2010, 06:50 PM
Drive safely David :)

Always momma!