PDA

View Full Version : I am against the building of

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:22 PM
roads near ground zero. 33,963 people died last year in traffic accidents, and I think the construction of a road near the ground zero cite is insensitive.

OKLA21FAN
8/20/2010, 02:23 PM
:pop:

btk108
8/20/2010, 02:29 PM
really? really? Why would you even start this on here?

Your key word was ACCIDENTS, *******.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:35 PM
really? really? Why would you even start this on here?

Your key word was ACCIDENTS, *******.

Want me to change ACCIDENTS to DRUNK DRIVERS, and ROADS to BARS? I will if you would like.

btk108
8/20/2010, 02:38 PM
yah...it's not worth the trouble to even argue this with you.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:44 PM
bars near ground zero. 11, 769 people died last year at the hands of drunk drivers, and I think the construction of a bar near the ground zero cite is insensitive.

http://imgur.com/E51VB.png

olevetonahill
8/20/2010, 02:46 PM
Dumbest thread of the year.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:48 PM
Come on. Dumber than the, "OMFG, look what someone I agree with and get all my talking points from wrote!!!!! See, this validates my point, and I win this argument!!!!" threads that are always popping up? This can't be dumber than those.

olevetonahill
8/20/2010, 02:51 PM
Yer right , You win . I think they are all equally dumb .:rolleyes:

tommieharris91
8/20/2010, 02:57 PM
Come on. Dumber than the, "OMFG, look what someone I agree with and get all my talking points from wrote!!!!! See, this validates my point, and I win this argument!!!!" threads that are always popping up? This can't be dumber than those.

Chain letters that are copy/pasted are the worst.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 03:23 PM
Chain letters that are copy/pasted are the worst.

Thank you. I will admit to being dumb, but the dumbest? I just ain't that special (ed) :D

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 03:23 PM
My position is this: It's totally distasteful to put a mosque up in that location. They aren't doing themselves any favors by insisting on that location. If their purpose is to become more accepted then they're failing miserably. The last thing I would ever want to see is a mosque in that location....hell, the last thing I'd ever want to see period is a mosque anywhere in these United States.

HOWEVER, I think denying them the right to worship where and in whatever way they want is far far worse than the building of the mosque itself. I have a real problem with a government that tells someone where they can and can not worship.

I'm also disgusted with Republican politicians attempting to make this into a major issue in the fall. Sen. Cornyn's statement about making this into an issue in the mid-term elections totally disgusts me. We're in the middle of two major mid-east wars, our troops are stretched thin, our economy is on the brink of disaster, we have a deficit so large that if printed out it would rival War and Peace, our sources of energy become fewer every day, and the big issue that John Cornyn thinks Republicans should champion in the fall is essentially a local municipal zoning dispute. Good f'ing God...no wonder the GOP is out of power. Apparently, stupidity is still at an all time high among elected GOP officials.

Serge Ibaka
8/20/2010, 03:26 PM
HOWEVER, I think denying them the right to worship where and in whatever way they want is far far worse than the building of the mosque itself. I have a real problem with a government that tells someone where they can and can not worship.

I'm also disgusted with Republican politicians attempting to make this into a major issue in the fall. Sen. Cornyn's statement about making this into an issue in the mid-term elections totally disgusts me. We're in the middle of two major mid-east wars, our troops are stretched thin, our economy is on the brink of disaster, we have a deficit so large that if printed out it would rival War and Peace, our sources of energy become fewer every day, and the big issue that John Cornyn thinks Republicans should champion in the fall is essentially a local municipal zoning dispute. Good f'ing God...no wonder the GOP is out of power. Apparently, stupidity is still at an all time high among elected GOP officials.

I liked this part. Props.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 03:46 PM
Eh, I have a problem with the building of most religious "houses of worship." But since I am fond of our constitution, and because it says you're free to worship invisible men in the sky however you want, I tolerate it.

SoonerStormchaser
8/20/2010, 04:22 PM
SicEm...it's ****ing politics...EVERYTHING that comes up is going to be spun into a political issue in an election year. You mean you haven't figured this out yet?

That being said, I think a compromised can be reached...they can build their mosque there when I can build a church in Riyadh or Mecca.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 04:24 PM
SicEm...it's ****ing politics...EVERYTHING that comes up is going to be spun into a political issue in an election year. You mean you haven't figured this out yet.

That's exactly my point. That's PRECISELY my f'ing point. The GOP has no business making this into a political issue and the fact that they're trying to do so, while not surprising, is beyond disgusting.

SoonerStormchaser
8/20/2010, 04:27 PM
Dude...not condoning what the Repubs did...but the Dems are guilty of the same ****ing thing on other various issues.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:30 PM
Exactly.

I received democratic opposition when I wanted to build that giant statue of LBJ dropping the kids off at the pool.

Free speech haters.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:32 PM
Dude...not condoning what the Repubs did...but the Dems are guilty of the same ****ing thing on other various issues.

That is another problem. Is what the Republicans are doing now really lessened by what the Democrats have done/are doing? No! The sooner people stop saying "Well, the other guys do it to" the sooner we can fix our damn country. Someone, in one of the parties, is going to have to stand up and buck this damn trend, and right now the ball is in the Pub's court.

2Dogs
8/20/2010, 04:38 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/2010/08/20/true-face-of-imam-rauf-to-be-exposed-by-newly-discovered-audio-tapes/

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:02 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/2010/08/20/true-face-of-imam-rauf-to-be-exposed-by-newly-discovered-audio-tapes/

Sounds like the story of the tapes showing how Michelle Obama was a radical black panther black supremist. Whatever happened to those tapes?

Collier11
8/20/2010, 06:12 PM
Eh, I have a problem with the building of most religious "houses of worship." But since I am fond of our constitution, and because it says you're free to worship invisible men in the sky however you want, I tolerate it.

maybe this speaks to your issues, eh?

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:19 PM
maybe this speaks to your issues, eh?

What issues?

Collier11
8/20/2010, 06:20 PM
all of em

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:23 PM
all of em

Ok... Want to elaborate anymore there Shakespeare?

Collier11
8/20/2010, 06:24 PM
nah

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:28 PM
nah

Well alright then. Thanks for playing our game.

Collier11
8/20/2010, 06:31 PM
you lose

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 06:32 PM
You lose. ~Calvin Coolidge

Fixed.

Collier11
8/20/2010, 06:35 PM
Whammy

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:42 PM
Somebody needs to stop being so damned wordy

tommieharris91
8/20/2010, 09:01 PM

Not right now. They're in power. They sure stuck their nose where it didn't belong when W was in office though.

Crucifax Autumn
8/20/2010, 09:49 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, both parties are made up of morons and the argument that "our morons are smarter than yours" on both sides is the absolute weakest of sauce and no excuse. **** 'em all.

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 07:15 AM
My position is this: It's totally distasteful to put a mosque up in that location.

Yes it is. And they have the right to do it.

They aren't doing themselves any favors by insisting on that location. If their purpose is to become more accepted then they're failing miserably.

You are right. They aren't doing themselves any favors and they will fail just maybe not in our lifetime.

I don't like it anymore than any of you. Hell....two of the planes that they used were ones I may have worked on and then flown into one of the WTC Towers and the other into the Pentagon. Thing is...Ground Zero will and should always be remembered for the attack by Muslim Extremists. Their little Mosques their serve as reminders for what they did and yet...we as Americans didn't clobber them all off of planet Earth...we said...you'll never get away with that again.

It's time to rebuilt the Towers IMO. There can be a 9-11-01 Museum and in that we can post information for folks who want to park their Ryder Trucks outside of all those mosques. I mean...it's a free Country as long as we feed the meter and pay our parking fines right?

Also...we rebuilt the Pentagon...why not the WTC?

KC//CRIMSON
8/21/2010, 08:58 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/outrage-over-plans-to-build-library-next-to-sarah-palin-201008193017/

Half a Hundred
8/21/2010, 01:52 PM
So I take it you supported the demolition of the West Side Highway in the 1970s?