PDA

View Full Version : Do Republicans do what Jesus would do?

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 12:52 PM
We got into a discussion in my class yesterday that was really interesting. Very good points were made on both sides of the issue and I wanted to get some input from you all to take back to my kids on Monday.

If Republicans/Conservatives are the so-called more "religious" of the two major parties, then why do they view the poor in the opposite light of what Jesus did? You always hear Republicans/conservatives regurgitate the same Reagan rhetoric - "send the welfare bums back to work". They are in favor of - No welfare, no govt programs to help the poor ect, ect... You hear people like Hannity, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh speak against doing anything to help those less fortunate claiming that they have the same opportunity as everyone else and if they don't take advantage of it - then to hell with them. Many of the conservatives seem to be more concerned with their own personal status instead of the status of the community in a whole. People like Reagan were even opposed to certain civil rights legislation, saying "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house, it is his right to do so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan)"

Now I am not saying that this is or is not a fact - but it is a common perception of Republicans/Conservatives. So the question is - if Republicans are so Religious and try to live more like Jesus did - then why are they perceived to throw poor people under the bus? I do not want to post a lot of quotes here about Jesus and the poor but anyone who knows the Bible should be well aware of the Humanitarian spirit of Jesus.

picasso
8/20/2010, 01:01 PM
This is too ignorant to even read. Go do some research on who contributes more money and time to charity.
I'll agree there's too many pious Christian types out there who just want to have their perfect little world and not deal with poor people and just donate money and such but there's also good one's out doing the work in the streets.

You could look at the bigger picture and take a wild guess at which party needs folks to stay poor.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 01:11 PM
This is too ignorant to even read. Go do some research on who contributes more money and time to charity.
I'll agree there's too many pious Christian types out there who just want to have their perfect little world and not deal with poor people and just donate money and such but there's also good one's out doing the work in the streets.

You could look at the bigger picture and take a wild guess at which party needs folks to stay poor.

I am not saying one way or the other - just a discussion - and that is how people who run from the question answer it. And I am in the street working with these kids every day - for many years now - and I have to admit - the only republicans that I have ever seen on the North Side of Tulsa is Lafortune - no town hall meetings, no school visits - nothing!!! My kids perception could be very wrong since they have never seen much outside of the North-side of Tulsa. That is why I would like to point out other views to them.

OKLA21FAN
8/20/2010, 01:13 PM
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." :pop:

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 01:17 PM

Also, schools on the North side of Tulsa such as Gilcrease and Alcott can not even take their books home - How can you learn math with no book? Who really cares about the charity you send to people outside of our country when you can not/do not help the people in your very own city?

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 01:18 PM
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." :pop:

Gandhi was telling the truth when he said that!

stoops the eternal pimp
8/20/2010, 01:20 PM
Gandhi didn't come across those of us who are about doing the things He wants us to

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 01:20 PM
You shouldn't make a case against conservatives based on what the likes of Rush & Hannity say. Just like you wouldn't want to claim that Liberals are more spiritual because the "Rev." Jackson & Sharpton are on their side. You could easily argue that those two do more to cause discontent amongst man than to promote peace. All those media personalities are in it for themselves. The have to survive on ratings and publicity.

Conservatives claim to stand on the ethical (Biblical) side of moral issues relative to Liberals such as abortion, homosexuality,etc. That is the basis for their arguement. I can see what you are getting at in terms of social issues (welfare, unemployment, etc) but I would argue that the politicians are doing that for votes more than anything. Look at what the groups as a whole do themselves - which groups volunteer more, donate more. And I mean towards man...not animals or the planet.

jiminy
8/20/2010, 01:29 PM
Jesus called for man to help his fellow man willingly, not forced charity... what conservatives are against is abuse of government welfare programs by the lazy.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 01:30 PM
You shouldn't make a case against conservatives based on what the likes of Rush & Hannity say. Just like you wouldn't want to claim that Liberals are more spiritual because the "Rev." Jackson & Sharpton are on their side. You could easily argue that those two do more to cause discontent amongst man than to promote peace. All those media personalities are in it for themselves. The have to survive on ratings and publicity.

Conservatives claim to stand on the ethical (Biblical) side of moral issues relative to Liberals such as abortion, homosexuality,etc. That is the basis for their arguement. I can see what you are getting at in terms of social issues (welfare, unemployment, etc) but I would argue that the politicians are doing that for votes more than anything. Look at what the groups as a whole do themselves - which groups volunteer more, donate more. And I mean towards man...not animals or the planet.

I agree with that. Sounds like a good lesson - I will make my kids look up which groups volunteer and donate more and then see what conclusions we come up with.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 01:37 PM
Jesus called for man to help his fellow man willingly, not forced charity... what conservatives are against is abuse of government welfare programs by the lazy.

That starts with a good education. Which is hard to come by in many poor neighborhoods. Financial education is probably the most important - which is not taught at most schools - But.... It does not matter who is in office - democrats or republicans - our schools still suck!

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 01:44 PM
I agree with that. Sounds like a good lesson - I will make my kids look up which groups volunteer and donate more and then see what conclusions we come up with.

It's hard to quantify time volunteered but should be able to find $ donated - especially if you are looking at politicians. And unfortunately I don't know if you will be able to see what the $ was donated to, i.e. was it to a homeless shelter or an environmental group. I was more referring to "groups" as in ordinary joes who label themselves as iether conservative or liberal. What does bob the conservative do versus Bill the liberal?

I do not live anywhere Tulsa, but obviously each community is different. Each community has its own set of issues, its own majority party, and its own view of others. So, I applaud your efforts to encourage the kids to look at more than one side of an issue and to challenge against groupthink.

jiminy
8/20/2010, 01:49 PM
That starts with a good education. Which is hard to come by in many poor neighborhoods. Financial education is probably the most important - which is not taught at most schools - But.... It does not matter who is in office - democrats or republicans - our schools still suck!

I think it starts with good parenting, but obviously you need both

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 01:53 PM
I think it starts with good parenting, but obviously you need both

AMEN to that!!! And a lot of that is missing from not having a father at home. Single mothers are rock stars for doing it by themselves, but children need dads at home too...especially boys.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 01:56 PM
It's hard to quantify time volunteered but should be able to find $ donated - especially if you are looking at politicians. And unfortunately I don't know if you will be able to see what the $ was donated to, i.e. was it to a homeless shelter or an environmental group. I was more referring to "groups" as in ordinary joes who label themselves as iether conservative or liberal. What does bob the conservative do versus Bill the liberal?

I do not live anywhere Tulsa, but obviously each community is different. Each community has its own set of issues, its own majority party, and its own view of others. So, I applaud your efforts to encourage the kids to look at more than one side of an issue and to challenge against groupthink.

Thats a good point. All politicians are the same - I need to look at the everyday average people. I will have to think it out for sure - I always try to get my kids to express how they really feel instead of expressing how they think we want them to feel. hmmmmmm - I need to change up my lesson plan - Thanks

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 02:00 PM

You could look at the bigger picture and take a wild guess at which party needs folks to stay poor.The fact that you're calling the OP "too ignorant to even read" is too ignorant to even read.

You should go do some research on who contributes more money and time to charity. :pop:

yankee
8/20/2010, 02:06 PM
You should go do some research on who contributes more money and time to charity. :pop:

Martin Luther say wut?

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 02:08 PM
AMEN to that!!! And a lot of that is missing from not having a father at home. Single mothers are rock stars for doing it by themselves, but children need dads at home too...especially boys.

That is true - parenting is actually first. But - if a kids parents are on drugs, not around and do not support the kids in education - then where do you go. That is where many of our kids are at. Parenting is not an option - Plan b is the only plan to follow. So what do we do now - just dismiss them and say you have no home training or do we find the ways to educate them as well.

Also - That no man in the house is an old, played out argument. Many of these mother are exactly what you said they are - Rock Stars - Crack Rock! And the reason many of the fathers are not around is because the mothers are so damn crazy - I had a wrestler who mother would not let him wrestle because she needed him at home to sell dope. I got cursed out for 20 minutes while being nauseated by the liquor from her breath. I am not saying that it is all woman - it is both and some of these woman love to use that as an excuse - they forget to tell you that the tried to beat the hell out of the man everyday, sleeping with several different people, accusing the men of child molestation, ect.... as an act of revenge because she is not getting what she want. The problem is much bigger than the men alone.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 02:16 PM
Jesus didn't write the Constitution nor was he at the Constitutional convention. Charity should be voluntary not mandated and run by the Government...that isn't charity.

I'm not exactly big on the whole Jesus thing, but the idea of running government based on his teachings scares the **** out of me. Our government is the product of the enlightenment not a revival.

yankee
8/20/2010, 02:19 PM
Jesus didn't write the Constitution nor was he at the Constitutional convention. Charity should be voluntary not mandated and run by the Government...that isn't charity.

bingo.

you can't buy your way into heaven.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 02:19 PM
PRAISE JES... I mean JEFFERSON!

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 02:20 PM

I'm not exactly big on the whole Jesus thing, but the idea of running government based on his teachings scares the **** out of me. Our government is the product of the enlightenment not a revival.
So do you believe that high poverty levels, high crime rates and starvation/homelessness are good for the safety and stability of a civilized society?

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 02:20 PM
I was not saying that we shouldn't educate them. I was saying that it needs to start at home. But as you point out, reality is different. Education is still a vital part, and sometimes the only part. We can only hope that public education provides an environment conducive for success.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 02:27 PM

I agree - So why do we call this a Christian nation in the first place when none, or very very few, ever lived as a Christian or as Jesus did. - Can you even be a Mason and a Christian at the same time? Who trumps who - Jesus or Hiram Abiff? In any case - I do believe that Church and state should be separate and it gets old watching politicians justify their actions/non actions using the bible. But thats a whole different discussion.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 02:38 PM
So do you believe that high poverty levels, high crime rates and starvation/homelessness are good for the safety and stability of a civilized society?

Please. What you're saying is that conservatives are for all those negative things and liberals are not. No? Meh.

Each individual should give what their heart tells them to and give to WHOM their heart tells them to. The government ****s up everything else, so why should they be in control of who gets what when it comes to "charity?"

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 02:41 PM
I was not saying that we shouldn't educate them. I was saying that it needs to start at home. But as you point out, reality is different. Education is still a vital part, and sometimes the only part. We can only hope that public education provides an environment conducive for success.

True indeed! I wish we could teach the kids things they need to know instead of teaching towards these test - our kids need to know how to get the rent and bills paid, how and why to stay off drugs, how to emotionally deal with issues and why their minds works the way it works, who they are and where they came from - (we go back much further than slavery) ect.... which can be integrated into math, science, social studies, ect.....

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 02:49 PM
Please. What you're saying is that conservatives are for all those negative things and liberals are not. No? Meh.

Each individual should give what their heart tells them to and give to WHOM their heart tells them to. The government ****s up everything else, so why should they be in control of who gets what when it comes to "charity?"

Do you really believe that people would help the poor if they had the choice? In a perfect world that seems nice - But I would not trust any rich person to do anything that is really needed for poor communities to make the community better in a whole. They do nothing as it is right now - So if we did not have to pay taxes, are you saying all these problems would be solved? Yea right -

yankee
8/20/2010, 02:54 PM
Do you really believe that people would help the poor if they had the choice?

wait, people don't have the choice to help poor people? we're forced to?

GKeeper316
8/20/2010, 03:02 PM
"blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth"

"blessed are the poor, for theirs is the kingdom of God"

and then there was something about a camel and the eye of a needle...

christ in the new tesatament could not have been more clear about wealth and faith. in jesus' eyes, a rich man got rich by neglecting God and his fellow man, and was not welcome in heaven.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 03:07 PM
wait, people don't have the choice to help poor people? we're forced to?

Not sure where your going - sounds like sarcasm though - Seems like taxes need to be paid in every civilized society. And it should go to things to empower people - not make them dependent - I will admit that there are many, many people that abuse the system and that needs to stop - but there are also people who do use it (or at least try) to get out of poverty - The system needs to be reworked- like time limits set up - true incentives to get off of welfare, ect... If they drug tested people before they got their welfare/food stamps - it would probably cut assistance in half - I would be willing to bet even more than half.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 03:10 PM
Eh. There needs to be a security net for sure. But I think the government has gone to far with some of it's entitlement programs. There is a place for government assistance just as there is a place for charitable assistance. They shouldn't be mutually exclusive though. We need a good combination of both to really help the less fortunate in this country.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 03:12 PM
Oh, also something about render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s

Serge Ibaka
8/20/2010, 03:27 PM
http://jesusisaliberal.com/

Bourbon St Sooner
8/20/2010, 03:39 PM

So do you believe that public housing, welfare and poor government provided schools destroyed the inner cities?

Bourbon St Sooner
8/20/2010, 03:45 PM
Would Jesus approve of abandoning your kids, sitting on your porch all day drinking beer and bitching about how you're entitled to this or that?

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 03:47 PM
Would Jesus approve of abandoning your kids, sitting on your porch all day drinking beer and bitching about how you're entitled to this or that?

Jesus or Jesús?

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 03:52 PM
Do you really believe that people would help the poor if they had the choice? In a perfect world that seems nice - But I would not trust any rich person to do anything that is really needed for poor communities to make the community better in a whole. They do nothing as it is right now - So if we did not have to pay taxes, are you saying all these problems would be solved? Yea right -

Yeah, I really do. However, not for the reason you think. If all of the giveaways got taken away, a lot of folks would actually have to go to work. Poverty/government tit sucking in this country is a ****ing lifestyle for a whole lot of people - of all colors. It's amazing how resilient human beings can be when their back is truly against the wall. Unfortunately, we have an entire society of welfare recipients who continue to raise their kids in the welfare lifestyle - and these kids think that if they wanna eat, they gotta do the welfare gig too. When the welfare ain't enough, then they just go out and steal some **** or sell some crack or meth. It's learned behavior.

My wife and I help people - but only people we believe are in need of help. Instead of tithing to a church for some preacher to go buy a new Jaguar, we give money directly to people who are down and out. Randomly in most cases. Example: a few months ago we went to Dallas for our anniversary. A group of about 30+ young adult/kids were eating at a long table in Pappadeaux's and we happened to know one of the kids who was from Lexington. Anyhow, we asked him what was up. It was a group of kids from a small college in Missouri who were in Dallas to raise money by running in a marathon. They were all sharing plates, drinking water, etc. cause they were pretty much broke.

We quietly asked the waiter to give us their tab. It was like $600 or something. No big show, just helping out some kids.

I buy poor college students dinner/drinks very often in Norman. I'll strike up a conversation, and if I feel like the kid is trying to better himself rather than just spend his mommie's money I'll take their tab. It ain't much, but I feel better about it than giving 39% of my salary to the government to spend on a bunch of lazy **********s who don't give a **** about anything.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:00 PM
So what we're getting at is if we didn't have a self-perpetuating welfare state, we'd have a labor force for lower paying, manual and domestic employment?

What a novel idea!

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I really do. However, not for the reason you think. If all of the giveaways got taken away, a lot of folks would actually have to go to work. Poverty/government tit sucking in this country is a ****ing lifestyle for a whole lot of people - of all colors. It's amazing how resilient human beings can be when their back is truly against the wall. Unfortunately, we have an entire society of welfare recipients who continue to raise their kids in the welfare lifestyle - and these kids think that if they wanna eat, they gotta do the welfare gig too. When the welfare ain't enough, then they just go out and steal some **** or sell some crack or meth. It's learned behavior.

My wife and I help people - but only people we believe are in need of help. Instead of tithing to a church for some preacher to go buy a new Jaguar, we give money directly to people who are down and out. Randomly in most cases. Example: a few months ago we went to Dallas for our anniversary. A group of about 30+ young adult/kids were eating at a long table in Pappadeaux's and we happened to know one of the kids who was from Lexington. Anyhow, we asked him what was up. It was a group of kids from a small college in Missouri who were in Dallas to raise money by running in a marathon. They were all sharing plates, drinking water, etc. cause they were pretty much broke.

We quietly asked the waiter to give us their tab. It was like $600 or something. No big show, just helping out some kids.

I buy poor college students dinner/drinks very often in Norman. I'll strike up a conversation, and if I feel like the kid is trying to better himself rather than just spend his mommie's money I'll take their tab. It ain't much, but I feel better about it than giving 39% of my salary to the government to spend on a bunch of lazy **********s who don't give a **** about anything.

On a completely unrelated note, what restaurants to you frequent in Norman? :D

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:02 PM
Did anyone else know Schwans takes food stamps?

XingTheRubicon
8/20/2010, 04:09 PM
Good God, you freaking people. "the poor" Jesus refers to are people that are starving to death, living in a dirt floor hut and dying of dysentery.

The "poor" in this country are the richest poor people in the history of civilization. I don't give a f*** what well fed, air conditioned poor people want.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:11 PM
The "poor" in this country are the richest poor people in the history of civilization. I don't give a f*** what well fed, air conditioned poor people want.

ZING!

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:12 PM
Good God, you freaking people. "the poor" Jesus refers to are people that are starving to death, living in a dirt floor hut and dying of dysentery.

You're mean. Or something.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 04:13 PM

I can feel that - And I am glad you do for others - But I truly think you are an exception. Most people do not. And as you said - it is a learned behavior - from generation to generation - therefore it is more than money that is needed. It is better to teach a man to fish than it is to give a man a fish - and that is what we need the most - TEACHERS - we need those rich people to come to our schools and show those kids what they did to be successful and how they can be successful too. How do you expect a kid to get out of poverty if they have no exposure or education. We tell people all the time - we need your time more than your money - we need your mentorship more than we need your funds. We need your experience more than your dollars - come to the school.... share experiences with the kids..... Be a resource for the kid - be a positive example for the kids.... That is what we never get - I very rarely find a rich person that is willing to do that. Most just throw out some money to "act" as if they give a damn. ALL KIDS WANT TO SUCCEED! I would put my money on that - but if they find it to hard to succeed in the classroom - they will find something else to be successful in. Some get it through sports - If they have no success there - then thuggin, pimpin, drug dealin' is not far behind!

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 04:19 PM

I'm in full agreement.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 04:19 PM
The rich people do come to your schools. Problem is, they're driving Escalades and selling the kids some rock.

Like what's been mentioned already, the core of the problem isn't the schools. It's the parents. Parents who mostly were born and raised as welfare/druggies.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 04:20 PM

Well fed and air conditioning???? You have been brainwashed to think poor people in this country are living like that? True, its better to be poor here that other countries but every weekend I make my wrestlers come with me to serve food to the homeless and there are 1000's of people there every weekend - with their kids - If you think all poor people in america have air condition and are well fed - you damn sure have no Idea what you are talking about!!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:22 PM
I'm well-fed. Suck it, bums.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:25 PM
I'm well-fed. Suck it, bums.

They will, that is the beauty of the situation!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:26 PM
For a cheeseburger or a visit from a rich man with a lesson in life skills?

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:28 PM
For a cheeseburger or a visit from a rich man with a lesson in life skills?

From personal experience, for as little as $2. :D

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 04:29 PM
The rich people do come to your schools. Problem is, they're driving Escalades and selling the kids some rock.

Like what's been mentioned already, the core of the problem isn't the schools. It's the parents. Parents who mostly were born and raised as welfare/druggies.

Now you are stereotyping - We have way to many police at our schools for people to drive up to middle schools and high schools to sell dope out of Escalades - and that is the attitude I am speaking of - that is boarder-lined bigoted to say some shyt like that. Come to our schools and be a part before you make those BS assumptions. Our kids know for a fact that rich people do not give a F$%# about them and that is the main reason feelings are mutual.
And true - parents are first - but if the parents are not there, they still have to be given an opportunity -

OhU1
8/20/2010, 04:33 PM
Well fed and air conditioning???? You have been brainwashed to think poor people in this country are living like that?

Dude, you cite Ronald Reagan and yet you must have "missed school" the day Reagan told the story of the Cadillac driving welfare queen from Chicago's south side. Our poor are not only well fed, they got pimped out rides to boot.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:35 PM
Now you are stereotyping - We have way to many police at our schools for people to drive up to middle schools and high schools to sell dope out of Escalades - and that is the attitude I am speaking of - that is boarder lind bigoted to say some shyt like that. Come to our schools and be a part before you make those BS assumptions. Our kids know for a fact that rich people do not give a F$%# about them and that is the main reason feelings are mutual.
And true - parents are first - but if the parents are not there, they still have to be given an opportunity -

No, really, he's not.

They may not be so bold as to drive up to the front door in an Escalade, but if you're assuming that children from the very neighborhoods you're speaking toward do NOT look up to the money and power afforded by a drug and gang culture, you sir are plain and simply blind.

Especially when that life can be offered to our youth via the path of least resistance. Find me a kid with a 9 and a pocket full of bennies and I'll show you someone who could give a sh*t about an unpaid internship.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 04:39 PM
Dude, you cite Ronald Reagan and yet you must have "missed school" the day Reagan told the story of the Cadillac driving welfare queen from Chicago's south side. Our poor are not only well fed, they got pimped out rides to boot.

Really, I was to young - I was not to much into politics at 8 years old - but the Cadillac driving welfare queen from Chicago is not all people on assistance. as I said before All black people do not steal - all Mexicans are not illegal, all Asians are not smart, all white people do not have small penises and all people on welfare are not abusing the system. All of this low literate inductive reasoning will be the death of us all!

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 04:46 PM
No, really, he's not.

They may not be so bold as to drive up to the front door in an Escalade, but if you're assuming that children from the very neighborhoods you're speaking toward do NOT look up to the money and power afforded by a drug and gang culture, you sir are plain and simply blind.

Especially when that life can be offered to our youth via the path of least resistance. Find me a kid with a 9 and a pocket full of bennies and I'll show you someone who could give a sh*t about an unpaid internship.

I had 2 kids murdered this summer - one week apart - wrestlers that I have been coaching since they were 4 years old - because of gang banging - I have been in the school system for 20 years now - I am well aware of what goes down - That comes mostly from the home and our BS music is not helping either. But there are hard working people at our schools that will do what ever it takes to make a kid successful - For you to make that comment is insane- You are creating your opinions from Snoop Dog and Lil Wayne videos - Come to McLain - I will show you what you are saying is BS!!!

XingTheRubicon
8/20/2010, 04:49 PM
Dean

Well done. Reminds me of an awkward but kind of cool experience I had. My brother and I go to a Ranger game. After the game, we go to a nice Sports Bar and eat dinner and enjoy our 1st beer since the dreaded 7th inning cut off. Right across from us, a young man with military gear, sits down with what looks like his parents. We tell the waiter to bring us his tables' check, and about 30 minutes later,he does. We pay both tabs and get ready to leave. I come out of the bathroom and the Army dude is walking toward my table. I sit down. Army dude is staring at me...and my brother, then back at me.

I open my mouth to say something, nothing comes out. He looks at me and says, hesitantly "how much was it?" We both look at each other. Then he says "the waiter told me someone paid for it and I asked him to point to who did it." I honestly thought he was going to kill us for some hazy reason that no one explained to me. He went on to say, "what you guys did was really cool, don't get me wrong. I just don't feel right accepting it."

Long pause...

How much was the tab? He said again. My brother, who has an IQ of 40 when he drinks, says "don't worry about it, we got it...it's OK." Army dude turns his head, and starts staring at me. We're staring at each other and without any voluntary effort, "seventy-five" comes out of my mouth.

"With the tip?" he says.

"Eighty-Five" I say almost immediately.

He lays a 100 dollar bill on the table. My brother (40 IQ) starts to point at the bill and before he could say anything, the guy puts his hand on my brother's shoulder and says..."thank you, seriously." Then he left.

I think about that guy from time to time...I hope he's okay.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:58 PM
I had a long response typed up. Ain't worth the time.

Shakadoodoo
8/20/2010, 05:03 PM
I had a long response typed up. Ain't worth the time.

Would it be worth your time to come to the north side to tell kids how to pursue a career in firefighting? Just hook up and go with Kevin Mathews - He comes and shows our kids love all the time. Ask him what he thinks about your opinion. He as well as many other are doing what we can to guide these kids in the right direction - But I have never seen you. Which seems weird - since you know so much about us!

XingTheRubicon
8/20/2010, 05:17 PM
Well fed and air conditioning???? You have been brainwashed to think poor people in this country are living like that? True, its better to be poor here that other countries but every weekend I make my wrestlers come with me to serve food to the homeless and there are 1000's of people there every weekend - with their kids - If you think all poor people in america have air condition and are well fed - you damn sure have no Idea what you are talking about!!!!

Don't be a moron. The homeless make up about 1/10th of 1 percent of the population. I have no problem helping these people. About 98% of that 400 billion dollar/yr gravy train goes to people with a roof, food, clothes, A/C, and stamps for Hi-C. You want them to have more, fine, you give it to them...and quit f***ing asking me. Then Michael Moore can make another documentary about how " the Thomas family, because of government cutbacks, could not......afford.......one..........more.......xbox .....game.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 05:17 PM
Would it be worth your time to come to the north side to tell kids how to pursue a career in firefighting? Just hook up and go with Kevin Mathews - He comes and shows our kids love all the time. Ask him what he thinks about your opinion. He as well as many other are doing what we can to guide these kids in the right direction - But I have never seen you. Which seems weird - since you know so much about us!

I wouldn't venture into north Tulsa until I have my CCL and a full SWAT team backing me up.

soonerhubs
8/20/2010, 05:49 PM
Ironic that one accuses others of stereotyping whilst lumping conservatives all into a group that Is heartless and not generous.

I know there'll be the obligatory "Mormons" are a cult mantra. However, I can attest to the fact that our lay Pastors spend time above and beyond their employment in church service including helping out those who are poor.

I've seen it too many times to count, and offerings that are made in confidence go unreported so I doubt the numbers youre looking forward would be accurate.

GKeeper316
8/20/2010, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't venture into north Tulsa until I have my CCL and a full SWAT team backing me up.

you do God's work, Sic

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 05:55 PM
you do God's work, Sic

I try.

jiminy
8/20/2010, 05:58 PM
It occurs to me that the plight of tomorrow's childforce would be much improved if everybody ascribed to the Christian (and Republican ;) ) principle of abstinence until marriage. Soooo.... should we make that the law? It's for the children.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:03 PM
Mormons are a cult.

That is all :D

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2010, 06:06 PM
It occurs to me that the plight of tomorrow's childforce would be much improved if everybody ascribed to the Christian (and Republican ;) ) principle of abstinence until marriage. Soooo.... should we make that the law? It's for the children.

I hate children.

soonerhubs
8/20/2010, 06:09 PM
Mormons are a cult.

That is all :D

:D

heh!

The night time is the right time!!!!!

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 06:11 PM

Each individual should give what their heart tells them to and give to WHOM their heart tells them to. The government ****s up everything else, so why should they be in control of who gets what when it comes to "charity?"No. If I was saying that, I would have said that. I'm not known for exactly beating around the bush when I feel a certain way, am I?

And the whole "government ****s up everything" argument is beyond retarded and you know it.

Or do you think our military and space programs suck? Or our postal service? :pop:

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 06:12 PM
Children are a cult.

No, I'm serious this time. ಠ_ಠ

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 06:13 PM
So do you believe that public housing, welfare and poor government provided schools destroyed the inner cities?
Nope.

And if you want to attempt that argument, first address how city zoning laws <> government welfare programs.

olevetonahill
8/20/2010, 06:57 PM
Now you are stereotyping - We have way to many police at our schools for people to drive up to middle schools and high schools to sell dope out of Escalades - and that is the attitude I am speaking of - that is boarder-lined bigoted to say some shyt like that. Come to our schools and be a part before you make those BS assumptions. Our kids know for a fact that rich people do not give a F$%# about them and that is the main reason feelings are mutual.

WOW , you say Dean is stereotyping yet in yer very 1st post did you not show yer Bias?
Ya reckon YOU aint just a tad BIGOTED yerself ?

Chuck Bao
8/20/2010, 07:06 PM

I am not directing this at you, OhU1, even though I am quoting you. There just seems to be a lot of people who feel justified and absolved of the lack of compassion because there is some welfare queen out there, somewhere, who makes babies for a living.

That is almost like the beggar brigrade in Bangkok, which most of my friends are certain is controlled by the Thai equivalent of the mafia. They just hate anyone who contributes. After all, it is just so ugly and they don't want to see it or anyone who encourages it.

My head hurts to think too much. But, it doesn't hurt me to drop a few coins in the cup of a crippled or a mother with two ragamuffin kids, especially since I don't use those coins and they tend to pile up on my dresser table, anyways. Someone else has to bear that karma and maybe that is my own way of feeling absolved.

But, I appreciate Shakadoodoo's ideas of donating time instead of money. I love that and spek.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 07:07 PM
LAS, I liked you better when you had more time to be a dick. That, and Tullamore Dew smokes Red Breast (and this has been proven now multiple times by an unbiased judge - me.)

Shaka dude,

You look at things from the "we poor and it's whitey's fault" point of view. I do not. I can sympathize, but not empathize. Yes, I'm a prejudiced son-of-a-bitch. Just like you. You're just as bigoted as any white person you accuse of being Archie Bunker incarnate and don't even try to deny it. Deep down, it's my fault your kids are where they are.

That being said, my heart is nearer and dearer to the poor white trash selling meth in the trailer houses out here in the country. White ******s. Nothing more, nothing less. Why would I go to north Tulsa when I've got kids being raised by toothless grannies who are in their 40's? Grannies who go doctor shopping for prescription drugs, then just revert to the same meth their own babies do when the docs figure them out. They're on the same welfare, the same food stamps, the same SS disability horsecrap your people claim. At least your poor kids have fire department protection and cops driving around every once in a while. Mine get Bubba and his buddies as "law."

It's tough for everyone. Quit playing the race card (and more importantly, quit calling anyone who doesn't cowtow to the liberal white apologist line a "racist") and you'll get a lot further along. Especially if you really want white people to come into the ghetto and help those poor kids.

Chuck Bao
8/20/2010, 08:04 PM
I'm so sorry, Dean, and I know you are being serious and have a well-thought out post. But your spelling of cowtow is giving me uncontrollable giggles. I'm just imagining you in your favorite tractor dragging the carcass of dead liberal white apologists behind the tank so the buzzards and coyotes can have at it.

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 08:20 PM
Dude, I am close to the meth...

C&CDean
8/20/2010, 08:22 PM
That, and I am going to town. Probably Othello's, but maybe Abner's.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 08:22 PM
That, and I am going to town. Probably Othello's, but maybe Abner's.

Thanks for the tip! :D

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 09:11 AM
LAS, I liked you better when you had more time to be a dick. That, and Tullamore Dew smokes Red Breast (and this has been proven now multiple times by an unbiased judge - me.)

Shaka dude,

You look at things from the "we poor and it's whitey's fault" point of view. I do not. I can sympathize, but not empathize. Yes, I'm a prejudiced son-of-a-bitch. Just like you. You're just as bigoted as any white person you accuse of being Archie Bunker incarnate and don't even try to deny it. Deep down, it's my fault your kids are where they are.

That being said, my heart is nearer and dearer to the poor white trash selling meth in the trailer houses out here in the country. White ******s. Nothing more, nothing less. Why would I go to north Tulsa when I've got kids being raised by toothless grannies who are in their 40's? Grannies who go doctor shopping for prescription drugs, then just revert to the same meth their own babies do when the docs figure them out. They're on the same welfare, the same food stamps, the same SS disability horsecrap your people claim. At least your poor kids have fire department protection and cops driving around every once in a while. Mine get Bubba and his buddies as "law."

It's tough for everyone. Quit playing the race card (and more importantly, quit calling anyone who doesn't cowtow to the liberal white apologist line a "racist") and you'll get a lot further along. Especially if you really want white people to come into the ghetto and help those poor kids.

I never brought race into the issue - I was talking about the rich and the poor - which is the real problem - The color of skin is just a tool to keep the poor divided and conquered. You assumed that I was on a black and white issue because I was talking about where I was from - But as I said when I started the thread - it is all about the rich and the poor. I did get upset when you jumped from talking about conservatives treatment of the poor to Selling dope in Escalades at the school - That is when I started saying you are stereotyping. And no I am not a bigot - I love all people - I went to schools like Holland Hall and Bishop Kelley growing up - And honestly - I noticed the more money that you have the less of a raciest that you are - those people were very educated and anyone who is educated sees right through racism. Now Poor many poor whites as well as poor black are very raciest - It is easy to pull the wool ov the eyes of uneducated people. But don't accuse me of playing a race card when you played the card first - All I was talking about was the rich and the poor - you brought it to a black and white thing and then accused me of playing a race card - You are the one who needs to look in the mirror - Also - I feel you about caring about the poor people in your community. And you should be more concerned about them since they are in your community - There are way, more whites on welfare than blacks - not by % but by raw numbers. And the "elite" has been tricking poor whites to fight against poor blacks for years and while we are fighting each other they are on top getting away with murder. So please don't assume what I am because of the way you are - I am far to intelligent to be a raciest!

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 09:27 AM
WOW , you say Dean is stereotyping yet in yer very 1st post did you not show yer Bias?
Ya reckon YOU aint just a tad BIGOTED yerself ?

In what way did I show bias - I said I am not saying one is right or wrong - I just wanted to discuss it with my students and get input from you all. You must of only read what you wanted to, to come up with that opinion. Like I said, I was talking about the rich and the poor - it was dean who jumped to drug dealers driving up to middle and high schools in Escalades selling drugs. I am not sure if you are aware of the fact that drugs is a problem for all people and all schools - not just schools in black neighborhoods - To tell you the truth - I think Democrats and Republicans are full of shyt - They both have their own agenda which has nothing to do with those who are less fortunate. I guess you are labeling be because I am black.

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 09:28 AM

It is not that bad - you would be ok - I would have you back - even if you are a Baylor fan!

picasso
8/21/2010, 09:40 AM
I am not saying one way or the other - just a discussion - and that is how people who run from the question answer it. And I am in the street working with these kids every day - for many years now - and I have to admit - the only republicans that I have ever seen on the North Side of Tulsa is Lafortune - no town hall meetings, no school visits - nothing!!! My kids perception could be very wrong since they have never seen much outside of the North-side of Tulsa. That is why I would like to point out other views to them.

Well you're full of crap. Town hall meetings? Seriously?

Go down town and look at how many churches have shelters and offer food and clothing and that's not to say that ALL members of any church are Republicans.

You're taking a class that uses such ignorant generalizations? And how are the Democrats more receptive to poor people? Because they claim to care more?

Me and the old lady take books and clothes to the homeless shelter just north of the county jail and we're both Republicans. So there you go Shacka doo doo.

picasso
8/21/2010, 09:54 AM
One more thing Troll person. How the hell do you guys know who's a Pub or a Dem? Are you taking surveys?

Sheesh.

XingTheRubicon
8/21/2010, 09:55 AM
- There are way, more whites on welfare than blacks

Based on the 2006 TOTAL population of each respective race in the United States, it is:
5.27% white* (5.27% of the white population is on welfare)

27.78% black* (27.78% of the black population is on welfare)

11.47% Hispanic* ** (11.47% of the Hispanic population is on welfare)

Another way to look at this data is based on the total number of people who receive welfare. It is:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

I know on general liberal principle, you have to be full of sh*t, but since you're someone's troll, I'm assuming you're just having fun.

picasso
8/21/2010, 09:58 AM
The fact that you're calling the OP "too ignorant to even read" is too ignorant to even read.

Yeah because you're never guilty of that. You're as smug as anyone on here.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html

picasso
8/21/2010, 10:21 AM
And the whole "government ****s up everything" argument is beyond retarded and you know it.

Or do you think our military and space programs suck? Or our postal service? :pop:

From a fiscal standpoint it's hard to argue that the government turns things into debt makers. I think most folks would not want the government to run their small business.

The postal service?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28897426/

adoniijahsooner
8/21/2010, 10:28 AM
I grew up in Tulsa, in the poor areas, and remember churches coming to the projects with food and the gospel. Also, they would provide a bus to take you to church. My mother was a welfare recipient and drug-user, but people (mostly white) helped provide a way for me to escape that lifestyle. There is a difference between me and maybe some of the kids shaka deals with....I was a 6 time state champion in track and field; which seems to bring help alot faster than someone who actually has the mind to do well in school, but no one lend a hand. Sometimes we can complicate an issue that is black and white by generalizing everything. Bottom line, the kids in North Tulsa need a hand; and the children in these meth homes need a hand. Children need a hand, and if we cant see that then our ideas and thoughts are useless .

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 10:37 AM
Well you're full of crap. Town hall meetings? Seriously?

Go down town and look at how many churches have shelters and offer food and clothing and that's not to say that ALL members of any church are Republicans.

You're taking a class that uses such ignorant generalizations? And how are the Democrats more receptive to poor people? Because they claim to care more?

Me and the old lady take books and clothes to the homeless shelter just north of the county jail and we're both Republicans. So there you go Shacka doo doo.
I see you got offended enough to prove that you were different. That is good - I am glad you help out. Keep doing your thing. I see you have not been reading and just formed your own shallow opinion - I was teaching a class - and we are talking about inductive and deductive reasoning - And I have some very good examples of inductive reasoning right here. You included. You have formed an opinion without knowing the whole story and the have the nerve to say I generalize. That is funny. In any case - yes I know of many shelters here in north Tulsa - and none are republican - but I am certain that is because of demographics. But I was wanting to show my kids how there perceptions may be wrong because they have not been exposed to much and I wanted to prove that you can't assume what people are because of a label - they have to see and talk to people themselves and then form an opinion.

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 10:48 AM
I know on general liberal principle, you have to be full of sh*t, but since you're someone's troll, I'm assuming you're just having fun.

There are way, more whites on welfare than blacks - not by % but by raw numbers.

Tulsa is around 7% black - 39 % of 7% is a far less number of 5% of 75% - You do know math right?

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 10:49 AM
I grew up in Tulsa, in the poor areas, and remember churches coming to the projects with food and the gospel. Also, they would provide a bus to take you to church. My mother was a welfare recipient and drug-user, but people (mostly white) helped provide a way for me to escape that lifestyle. There is a difference between me and maybe some of the kids shaka deals with....I was a 6 time state champion in track and field; which seems to bring help alot faster than someone who actually has the mind to do well in school, but no one lend a hand. Sometimes we can complicate an issue that is black and white by generalizing everything. Bottom line, the kids in North Tulsa need a hand; and the children in these meth homes need a hand. Children need a hand, and if we cant see that then our ideas and thoughts are useless .

I agree 100%

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 10:49 AM
We got into a discussion in my class yesterday that was really interesting. Very good points were made on both sides of the issue and I wanted to get some input from you all to take back to my kids on Monday.

If Republicans/Conservatives are the so-called more "religious" of the two major parties, then why do they view the poor in the opposite light of what Jesus did? You always hear Republicans/conservatives regurgitate the same Reagan rhetoric - "send the welfare bums back to work". They are in favor of - No welfare, no govt programs to help the poor ect, ect... You hear people like Hannity, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh speak against doing anything to help those less fortunate claiming that they have the same opportunity as everyone else and if they don't take advantage of it - then to hell with them. Many of the conservatives seem to be more concerned with their own personal status instead of the status of the community in a whole. People like Reagan were even opposed to certain civil rights legislation, saying "If an individual wants to discriminate against Negroes or others in selling or renting his house, it is his right to do so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan)"

Now I am not saying that this is or is not a fact - but it is a common perception of Republicans/Conservatives. So the question is - if Republicans are so Religious and try to live more like Jesus did - then why are they perceived to throw poor people under the bus? I do not want to post a lot of quotes here about Jesus and the poor but anyone who knows the Bible should be well aware of the Humanitarian spirit of Jesus.

Uh Bro , With yer quote of Reagan , YOU DID INTRODUCE THE RACE ISSUE.

In what way did I show bias - I said I am not saying one is right or wrong - I just wanted to discuss it with my students and get input from you all. You must of only read what you wanted to, to come up with that opinion. Like I said, I was talking about the rich and the poor - it was dean who jumped to drug dealers driving up to middle and high schools in Escalades selling drugs. I am not sure if you are aware of the fact that drugs is a problem for all people and all schools - not just schools in black neighborhoods - To tell you the truth - I think Democrats and Republicans are full of shyt - They both have their own agenda which has nothing to do with those who are less fortunate. I guess you are labeling be because I am black.

Shackdo if you cant see the biased angle of yer original post , then I cant help ya much . I dint say anything about race either.I simply pointed out that you are also bigoted to a degree.

Now if you want to present this as unbiased towards a political party/race of people. Then why not just use the Rich/poor analogy?With out using the term All Rich, All Poor .

Adon , Glad you had the opportunities that you did, I to was a poor kid, I remember my Dad being severely injured and unable to work for awhile. This was Pre Welfare and food stamps.The churches showed up with Food and the basics that we needed to get by. Dad dint stay down long, with his right hand sewed to his stomach( thats the way they did skin grafts back then ) He went to work with another guy who only had his right arm. It was amassing to watch those two work on a car. they each only had the use of ONE hand, But they made it work by being a team.

JohnnyMack
8/21/2010, 10:55 AM
This was Pre Welfare and food stamps.

Dude, when you were a kid it as pre-electricity. :D

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 11:00 AM
Dude, when you were a kid it as pre-electricity. :D

There is that :P

Shakadoodoo
8/21/2010, 11:15 AM

Shackdo if you cant see the biased angle of yer original post , then I cant help ya much . I dint say anything about race either.I simply pointed out that you are also bigoted to a degree.

Now if you want to present this as unbiased towards a political party/race of people. Then why not just use the Rich/poor analogy?With out using the term All Rich, All Poor .

Adon , Glad you had the opportunities that you did, I to was a poor kid, I remember my Dad being severely injured and unable to work for awhile. This was Pre Welfare and food stamps.The churches showed up with Food and the basics that we needed to get by. Dad dint stay down long, with his right hand sewed to his stomach( thats the way they did skin grafts back then ) He went to work with another guy who only had his right arm. It was amassing to watch those two work on a car. they each only had the use of ONE hand, But they made it work by being a team.

You are going to believe what you want to. That is cool - Maybe I should of left the Reagan quote out because obviously you got the wrong message. Also, I will be very certain to leave out ALL - of anything because that is never true. But my point was to get opinion -from others to help my kids see the whole picture. I do not want them to grow up with north Tulsa tunnel vision - I want them to see and understand the bigger picture. My goal is to teach my kids how to think - not what to think. I want them to form their own opinions that are based on solid research and not from just what they hear.

picasso
8/21/2010, 11:24 AM
I see you got offended enough to prove that you were different. That is good - I am glad you help out. Keep doing your thing. I see you have not been reading and just formed your own shallow opinion - I was teaching a class - and we are talking about inductive and deductive reasoning - And I have some very good examples of inductive reasoning right here. You included. You have formed an opinion without knowing the whole story and the have the nerve to say I generalize. That is funny. In any case - yes I know of many shelters here in north Tulsa - and none are republican - but I am certain that is because of demographics. But I was wanting to show my kids how there perceptions may be wrong because they have not been exposed to much and I wanted to prove that you can't assume what people are because of a label - they have to see and talk to people themselves and then form an opinion.
How are they not Republican. Please explain a Democrat shelter. Are you talking about who pays for it?

And sorry for the offense but your name and avatar leads one to believe you're just out trolling.

picasso
8/21/2010, 11:26 AM
You are going to believe what you want to. That is cool - Maybe I should of left the Reagan quote out because obviously you got the wrong message. Also, I will be very certain to leave out ALL - of anything because that is never true. But my point was to get opinion -from others to help my kids see the whole picture. I do not want them to grow up with north Tulsa tunnel vision - I want them to see and understand the bigger picture. My goal is to teach my kids how to think - not what to think. I want them to form their own opinions that are based on solid research and not from just what they hear.

Me and the wife agree with this. Our kids won't be growing up in a bubble, either way.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 11:33 AM
Then leave Politics AND Race completely out of the equation and ya should be golden ;)

XingTheRubicon
8/21/2010, 12:09 PM
There are way, more whites on welfare than blacks - not by % but by raw numbers.

Tulsa is around 7% black - 39 % of 7% is a far less number of 5% of 75% - You do know math right?

I'm gonna let you read this again. Take your time.

Based on the 2006 TOTAL population of each respective race in the United States, it is:
5.27% white* (5.27% of the white population is on welfare)

27.78% black* (27.78% of the black population is on welfare)

11.47% Hispanic* ** (11.47% of the Hispanic population is on welfare)

Another way to look at this data is based on the total number of people who receive welfare. It is:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

Now, go have you mom explain what "way more" means.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 01:46 PM

The "poor" in this country are the richest poor people in the history of civilization. I don't give a f*** what well fed, air conditioned poor people want.You're right and wrong in this post.

You're right that we have a segment of "poor" in the U.S. who are decidedly NOT poor by WORLD STANDARDS. They have food and a roof over their heads.

But you're also wrong when you ignore all the starving and homeless who DO live in this country. And there ARE many who starve to death or are completely homeless. To try and lump them all together is intellectually dishonest. Go to a shelter and volunteer this winter and you'll see what I mean.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah because you're never guilty of that. You're as smug as anyone on here.
Well, to be honest, I'm probably MORE smug than most on here. :D

But I was just using the OP words against the OP. That was the point. ;)

From a fiscal standpoint it's hard to argue that the government turns things into debt makers. I think most folks would not want the government to run their small business.

The postal service?The bit about the Postal Service was a playful dig at Dean.

But still, any company that can take a letter from the mess that is Los Angeles and deliver it to the proper rural address in OK of my mother within three days for only 50 cents is a pretty damned good business, IMHO.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't venture into north Tulsa until I have my CCL and a full SWAT team backing me up.Oh, SicEm...you are SO "White Suburbia" some times...LOL!

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 01:53 PM
It occurs to me that the plight of tomorrow's childforce would be much improved if everybody ascribed to the Christian (and Republican ;) ) principle of abstinence until marriage. Soooo.... should we make that the law? It's for the children.You do realize that the data does not back up your claim, yes?

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 01:55 PM
Color me unsurprised that your bad taste is not limited to politics and race relations. ;)

GrapevineSooner
8/21/2010, 02:59 PM

Your argument reminds me of Longhorn fan arguments about the number of Texas kids that play for OU.

Well, when Texas has 24.8 million people versus Oklahoma's 3.6 million...

Sometimes the population/demographics tell you all you need to know how irrelevant an argument is.

XingTheRubicon
8/21/2010, 03:01 PM
You're right and wrong in this post.

You're right that we have a segment of "poor" in the U.S. who are decidedly NOT poor by WORLD STANDARDS. They have food and a roof over their heads.

But you're also wrong when you ignore all the starving and homeless who DO live in this country. And there ARE many who starve to death or are completely homeless. To try and lump them all together is intellectually dishonest. Go to a shelter and volunteer this winter and you'll see what I mean.

The homeless make up about 1/10th of 1 percent of the population. I have no problem helping these people. About 98% of that 400 billion dollar/yr gravy train goes to people with a roof, food, clothes, A/C, and stamps for Hi-C. You want them to have more, fine, you give it to them...and quit f***ing asking me. Then Michael Moore can make another documentary about how " the Thomas family, because of government cutbacks, could not......afford.......one..........more.......xbox .....game.

As I posted earlier in this thread, I, along with most every other citizen in this country, do not want homeless people to starve or freeze to death. However, we spend over a billion dollars each day on "poor" people that have housing, food, A/C, TV, cricket phones, spinners, anti-kurt busch stickers, hi-tops, and fry daddys.

So let's do this. Let's double the funding for the homeless, and cut the funding for welfare by 30%. Nobody starves, nobody freezes and b*tching can resume as scheduled.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 03:32 PM
As I posted earlier in this thread, I, along with most every other citizen in this country, do not want homeless people to starve or freeze to death. However, we spend over a billion dollars each day on "poor" people that have housing, food, A/C, TV, cricket phones, spinners, anti-kurt busch stickers, hi-tops, and fry daddys.

So let's do this. Let's double the funding for the homeless, and cut the funding for welfare by 30%. Nobody starves, nobody freezes and b*tching can resume as scheduled.Well, the problem with your reasoning is that the people you're describing actually only comprise about 5% of the "poor." Then there are the "working poor" who are working multiple jobs but have employers who but back hours in order to deny health care and who only pay minimum wage. Do you feel that funding to them should be cut and social services that they use eliminated?

How about those on Social Security? Do you feel that it should be eliminated since a large percent of SS recipients actually qualify as "below the poverty line" and also receive government assistance?

Where do you want to draw the line? Do you want to raise retirement to 70 years old? How about 75? Do you want to raise minimum wage so that people can actually earn a "living wage" and thus eliminate their need for government assistance?

How about companies who don't allow employees to work enough hours to earn the health care that they "offer" (but really don't?). Should they be penalized for with holding health care and thereby making their employees work second and third jobs in order to provide health care for their children?

There are many factors that go into what constitutes "poor" or even "on the government teet" in this country. It's not as simple as the glamorized (and far over-exaggerated) "poor people with X-Boxes and spinner rims."

And to say otherwise is to be dishonest.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 04:47 PM
How about companies who don't allow employees to work enough hours to earn the health care that they "offer" (but really don't?).

Companies that don't ALLOW employees to work enough hours? Since when is employment an entitlement?

Health care is a personal responsibility. Each of us has to do what it takes to secure enough income to take care of ourselves and our families. It should never be a personal responsibility of the employer. Now, he or she could request such health care benefits as part of a negotiated contract. Fine. But required? Nope. At least, not in my book.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 04:55 PM
Companies that don't ALLOW employees to work enough hours? Since when is employment an entitlement?

Health care is a personal responsibility. Each of us has to do what it takes to secure enough income to take care of ourselves and our families. It should never be a personal responsibility of the employer. Now, he or she could request such health care benefits as part of a negotiated contract. Fine. But required? Nope. At least, not in my book.

Leave LAS alone. After all hes worrying about the Massive number of people "Starving to death " here in the US :rolleyes: Plus the Homeless folk who caint find a shelter somewhere.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 05:05 PM
Leave LAS alone. After all hes worrying about the Massive number of people "Starving to death " here in the US :rolleyes: Plus the Homeless folk who caint find a shelter somewhere.

Well, there are some who have starved to death because they are insane and cannot take even the most basic steps toward securing free food. In the past we used to commit them to mental institutions so that they wouldn't die or go berserk. But we have a much tougher time doing that now. Why is that?

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 05:07 PM
Well, there are some who have starved to death because they are insane and cannot take even the most basic steps toward securing free food. In the past we used to commit them to mental institutions so that they wouldn't die or go berserk. But we have a much tougher time doing that now. Why is that?

Because it's easier to leave it to your Family.

jiminy
8/21/2010, 05:59 PM
You do realize that the data does not back up your claim, yes?

What data doesn't support the benefits of 2 parent families? Or did you invent some other claim for me that you are vaguely refuting.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 06:08 PM
What data doesn't support the benefits of 2 parent families? Or did you invent some other claim for me that you are vaguely refuting.

Jiminy , Its LAS , he never loses an argument. Dont even try . He will twist what ya say then leave the thread declaring himself the Winner ;)

jiminy
8/21/2010, 06:40 PM
Jiminy , Its LAS , he never loses an argument. Dont even try . He will twist what ya say then leave the thread declaring himself the Winner ;)

I see the twist coming.. he's going to say I said that government-mandated abstinence is the answer to poverty and unemployment.

Curly Bill
8/21/2010, 06:44 PM
At least LAS has given up the: I'm a republican, no really I am, line of BS.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 06:54 PM
At least LAS has given up the: I'm a republican, no really I am, line of BS.

He aint said no more about his 1000 yard shot either. He got called on it then stayed away from the board for several months ;)

Curly Bill
8/21/2010, 06:56 PM
He aint said no more about his 1000 yard shot either. He got called on it then stayed away from the board for several months ;)

I'm surprised he wasn't on that History Channel show: Top Shot. :D

...or maybe he was. ;)

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 06:57 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't on that History Channel show: Top Shot. :D

...or maybe he was. ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GKeeper316
8/21/2010, 07:05 PM

so you're saying that if a company offers a benefit to one employee it has the right to deny the same benefit to another? just because the company won't allow the second employee to work as many hours, while at the same time expecting him to carry the same workload as the first?

hell we should all just move to india and work customer service for at&t at 10 dollars a day, right? cuz business can do whatever it wants and to hell with the people dumb enough to not be business owners...

Curly Bill
8/21/2010, 07:11 PM
so you're saying that if a company offers a benefit to one employee it has the right to deny the same benefit to another? just because the company won't allow the second employee to work as many hours, while at the same time expecting him to carry the same workload as the first?

hell we should all just move to india and work customer service for at&t at 10 dollars a day, right? cuz business can do whatever it wants and to hell with the people dumb enough to not be business owners...

I didn't see anywhere in that post where he mentioned a company offering different benefits to different employees. Hmmmm, must just be me. :rolleyes:

GKeeper316
8/21/2010, 07:18 PM
I see the twist coming.. he's going to say I said that government-mandated abstinence is the answer to poverty and unemployment.

no, but your contention that abstinence programs are successful is ridiculous at best.

data has clearly shown telling kids that abstinance is good has failed miserably. blame the dems for the welfare programs, but blame abstinance programs for the radical increase in kids on government support.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 07:25 PM
no, but your contention that abstinence programs are successful is ridiculous at best.

data has clearly shown telling kids that abstinance is good has failed miserably.

Correction: Abstinence programs in the absence of community support fail. And unfortunately for our society, there are simply too many people telling kids that sexual activity is a perfectly normal part of being a teenager.

GKeeper316
8/21/2010, 07:34 PM
Correction: Abstinence programs in the absence of community support fail. And unfortunately for our society, there are simply too many people telling kids that sexual activity is a perfectly normal part of being a teenager.

it is a normal part of being a teenager... i lost mine at 14. i did so safely and with a consenting teenaged girl (who ended up being a cheerleader at duke, but thats beside the point).

telling kids just to not have sex doesn't work. i'm glad we had a real state wide sex-ed program back in the 80s...

soonerhubs
8/21/2010, 07:34 PM
My limited knowledge of the literature (Doug Kirby I believe is a leader in the field) suggests that abstinence-only education fails to get at the multiple facets of the problem including self-esteem issues, personal fables, and even the need for opportunity costs to be raised by children knowing they have to potential to excel and have a promising future as adults.

Also, sex education does NOT increase rates of sexual activity in teens.

Either way I believe we have all missed the major question that has not (to my knowledge) been asked:

What in the cornbread hell does the word "Shakadoodoo" mean?

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 08:02 PM
it is a normal part of being a teenager...

You proved my point.

How are abstinence programs expected to work when people like you go around telling teens this message?

GKeeper316
8/21/2010, 08:04 PM
You proved my point.

How are abstinence programs expected to work when people like you go around telling teens this message?

logic bomb detonation in 3.. 2... 1...

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 08:08 PM
My limited knowledge of the literature (Doug Kirby I believe is a leader in the field) suggests that abstinence-only education fails to get at the multiple facets of the problem including self-esteem issues, personal fables, and even the need for opportunity costs to be raised by children knowing they have to potential to excel and have a promising future as adults.

Also, sex education does NOT increase rates of sexual activity in teens.

This isn't sex education we're talking about. I don't oppose sex education when done responsibly. This is peer pressure. And unfortunately our society has digressed to the point where the peer pressure is actually coming form adults. It wasn't always like that.

It's the same with drugs. How many times have adults in here have bragged about their prior or even current drug use? Sure, I can understand teens doing something like that -- they're immature. But adults?

Proper behavior needs positive reinforcement from all sides. Telling 14-year-olds that sex is okay is like handing them a loaded gun and trusting them to do the right thing with it. "I told her to keep the safety on."

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 08:11 PM
logic bomb detonation in 3.. 2... 1...

The logic is quite (well) logical.

I said that there are too many people telling kids that teenage sex is okay.

You followed up by pointing out that teenage sex is okay.

You couldn't have backed my argument any better if you had tried.

adoniijahsooner
8/21/2010, 08:13 PM

Too be honest, it took me awhile to completely leave that lifestyle. Now I make middle class money, and I sometimes find it harder than I did before I got off of welfare. When you are handed 700-800 dollars worth of stamps, your rent is 0-100 dollars, and you also get a 40 dollar check for your utilities, and your children get medicaid....hell, that is some pretty good living. I really had to get pissed off at myself before I decided I do not want to die without standing on my own two feet.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 08:24 PM
Too be honest, it took me awhile to completely leave that lifestyle. Now I make middle class money, and I sometimes find it harder than I did before I got off of welfare. When you are handed 700-800 dollars worth of stamps, your rent is 0-100 dollars, and you also get a 40 dollar check for your utilities, and your children get medicaid....hell, that is some pretty good living. I really had to get pissed off at myself before I decided I do not want to die without standing on my own two feet.

I remember back in the Mid 70s My ex decided she was gonna get us some food stamps. we had 2 kids and I had been out of work for awhile. The Broad had tp come to my shack and do an interview. after about 5 minutes of that **** , i told her to get the **** out my shack i didnt want her hand out
I found a job the next day .
It were haulin Hay at 2 cent a bale . But it put food in front of my kids .

GKeeper316
8/21/2010, 08:33 PM
The logic is quite (well) logical.

I said that there are too many people telling kids that teenage sex is okay.

You followed up by pointing out that teenage sex is okay.

You couldn't have backed my argument any better if you had tried.

ya its the adults telling them to have sex and not... o i dont know... A HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS OF BIOLOGY

kids are gonna have sex, regardless of who tells them not to. it is our responsibility to educate them.

jiminy
8/21/2010, 08:47 PM

data has clearly shown telling kids that abstinance is good has failed miserably. blame the dems for the welfare programs, but blame abstinance programs for the radical increase in kids on government support.

Of course, I never made that contention, or even mentioned abstinence programs, but keep on with your straw man arguing... I thought this was going to be LAS's post, but you beat him to it.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 08:50 PM
ya its the adults telling them to have sex and not... o i dont know... A HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS OF BIOLOGY

kids are gonna have sex, regardless of who tells them not to.

Sex is not like breathing. There are numerous cultures where kids, by and large, abstain from premarital sex. Families are tight-knit, discipline is very strict, and the taboo is very strong. No one can eliminate it entirely , of course. But that goes for just about anything.

JohnnyMack
8/21/2010, 10:37 PM
Sex is not like breathing. There are numerous cultures where kids, by and large, abstain from premarital sex. Families are tight-knit, discipline is very strict, and the taboo is very strong. No one can eliminate it entirely , of course. But that goes for just about anything.

You might actually be retarded.

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2010, 10:43 PM
I've never understood why sex is such a social taboo. The amount of time this country spends worrying about who is having sex with who is astonishing. I'm not a parent, but I don't even get why teens should be made to feel as if sex is tantamount to murder. As long as they're responsible, why should anyone care?

I just don't get it.

People are f'ing obsessed in this country with who everyone is sleeping with. It's bizarre.

jiminy
8/21/2010, 10:51 PM
I've never understood why sex is such a social taboo. The amount of time this country spends worrying about who is having sex with who is astonishing. I'm not a parent, but I don't even get why teens should be made to feel as if sex is tantamount to murder. As long as they're responsible, why should anyone care?

I just don't get it.

People are f'ing obsessed in this country with who everyone is sleeping with. It's bizarre.

Google 'teen pregnancy'

SicEmBaylor
8/21/2010, 11:05 PM
Google 'teen pregnancy'

Notice how I said, "responsible." Context clues my friend.

picasso
8/21/2010, 11:14 PM
it is a normal part of being a teenager... i lost mine at 14. i did so safely and with a consenting teenaged girl (who ended up being a cheerleader at duke, but thats beside the point).

telling kids just to not have sex doesn't work. i'm glad we had a real state wide sex-ed program back in the 80s...

telling them it's ok to doesn't work either.

Getting laid at 16 was a big deal back in my day. You honestly don't think there's a correlation to how much younger the cherry poppin' age is now?

picasso
8/21/2010, 11:19 PM
Once again, what the hell is a Republican shelter? I drop a check off every Christmas at the John 3:16 shelter and I don't see a sign inside that says "This is a Republican or Democrat Shelter."

picasso
8/21/2010, 11:30 PM
I had 2 kids murdered this summer - one week apart - wrestlers that I have been coaching since they were 4 years old - because of gang banging - I have been in the school system for 20 years now - I am well aware of what goes down - That comes mostly from the home and our BS music is not helping either. But there are hard working people at our schools that will do what ever it takes to make a kid successful - For you to make that comment is insane- You are creating your opinions from Snoop Dog and Lil Wayne videos - Come to McLain - I will show you what you are saying is BS!!!

Dude, do you really work at McLain or are you out trolling? Did you know Coach Daniels?

SoonerBorn68
8/21/2010, 11:35 PM
I'm glad Mr./Ms. Doodoo isn't one of my kids' teachers. I believe they'd have my full permission to tell him to STFU. Then he/she & I would have a short conversation with the principal. Enough with the spoon fed liberal diatribe.

And, this is exactly what is wrong with our educational system today folks. Too many f'ing do-gooders with their "moral superiority". If I recall there's an old saying "God helps those who help themselves." Words to live by.

And yes, I tithe to my church. Yes, I give anonymously to our town's charities. I volunteer my time with the local sports programs (which has many high risk kids). I do my part.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 11:37 PM
You might actually be retarded.

WTF is that? Respond intelligently or STFU.

Leroy Lizard
8/21/2010, 11:38 PM
I've never understood why sex is such a social taboo. The amount of time this country spends worrying about who is having sex with who is astonishing. I'm not a parent...

You just answered your own question.

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 12:16 AM

Health care is a personal responsibility. Each of us has to do what it takes to secure enough income to take care of ourselves and our families. It should never be a personal responsibility of the employer. Now, he or she could request such health care benefits as part of a negotiated contract. Fine. But required? Nope. At least, not in my book.Wow. It's funny that you don't realize how clearly you just demonstrated your ignorance on this subject. LOL! :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 12:17 AM
Leave LAS alone. After all hes worrying about the Massive number of people "Starving to death " here in the US :rolleyes: Plus the Homeless folk who caint find a shelter somewhere.Very un-Christian of me...worrying about the poor, homeless and starving. I guess I should turn in both my citizenship card AND my Rosary. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 12:20 AM
What data doesn't support the benefits of 2 parent families? Or did you invent some other claim for me that you are vaguely refuting.Well, considering that's NOT what you claimed in your original post. LOL!

Go look at the teen pregnancy rates at schools that advocated "abstinence education" vs. schools that taught sex ed and provided condoms and birth control...then get back to me.

Jiminy , Its LAS , he never loses an argument. Dont even try . He will twist what ya say then leave the thread declaring himself the Winner ;)I don't brag about my record of beating you guys in debates, you know. It's kinda like if someone went around bragging about all the medals they won...at the Special Olympics.

Not really an accomplishment, you know? :pop:

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 12:21 AM
At least LAS has given up the: I'm a republican, no really I am, line of BS.But I AM a Republican. The problem is that most of you have no idea what being a Republican actually means...or what principles the Republican Party was founded on.

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 12:22 AM
He aint said no more about his 1000 yard shot either. He got called on it then stayed away from the board for several months ;)Called on what, exactly? And by whom? LOL! I have no need to prove something that I did. Especially to people I've never met.

GKeeper316
8/22/2010, 12:30 AM
i could do a thousand yards. np. probably have and it just wasnt on a range...

but i've shot a whole buncha **** in my day.

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 12:33 AM
Wow. It's funny that you don't realize how clearly you just demonstrated your ignorance on this subject. LOL! :D

What part of "At least, not in my book" did you not understand?

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 12:35 AM
But I AM a Republican. The problem is that most of you have no idea what being a Republican actually means...or what principles the Republican Party was founded on.

One fundamental aspect of being Republican is voting Republican, which pretty much eliminates you as a Republican.

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 01:10 AM
Very un-Christian of me...worrying about the poor, homeless and starving. I guess I should turn in both my citizenship card AND my Rosary. :rolleyes:

Duck , Boy a whole ****in flock just flew over yer head:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 01:13 AM
Called on what, exactly? And by whom? LOL! I have no need to prove something that I did. Especially to people I've never met.

You are the one that made the Claim . Said there was a Plaque er something with yer name on it at that Gun club . 2 peeps said they went there and they had never heard of yo, Or there was NO plaque, one of those . Id have to go look it up if I cared about it .:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 01:22 AM
So, LAS was guilty of plaque build-up?

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2010, 01:23 AM
Why shouldn't republicans be allowed to make wine and have a fish fry?

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 07:27 AM
Dude, do you really work at McLain or are you out trolling? Did you know Coach Daniels?

Yes, I know Wennie. But Wennie coaches pin king - he does not work for mclain. His son steavie is one of the kids that I was talking about who got murdered. The other was buba danials - his nephew. I have really been trying to keep wennie upbeat - he has really been down latley - he thinks it is his fault they were murdered.

soonerhubs
8/22/2010, 07:38 AM
What does shakadoodoo mean? Google didn't help, but it led to a blog called deadbeat dad or something.

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 07:41 AM
I'm glad Mr./Ms. Doodoo isn't one of my kids' teachers. I believe they'd have my full permission to tell him to STFU. Then he/she & I would have a short conversation with the principal. Enough with the spoon fed liberal diatribe.

And, this is exactly what is wrong with our educational system today folks. Too many f'ing do-gooders with their "moral superiority". If I recall there's an old saying "God helps those who help themselves." Words to live by.

And yes, I tithe to my church. Yes, I give anonymously to our town's charities. I volunteer my time with the local sports programs (which has many high risk kids). I do my part.

Good for you! I am glad you do your part.
Would you rather have do-baders with no morals in the educational system. I love making my kids think outside the box and exposing them to things they would not normaly be exposed to. And if that makes me a bad teacher - then so be it!

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 07:50 AM
What does shakadoodoo mean? Google didn't help, but it led to a blog called deadbeat dad or something.

I was on a kkk website a while back and the were disrespecting Shaka Zulu by calling him Shaka Doodoo. so I thought I would turn that into a positive. Plus I do a lot of internet marketing and the name shakadoodoo helps because it is easy to remember and spell plus I created my own key word. I guess you can call it a marketing ploy.

soonerhubs
8/22/2010, 07:53 AM
I was on a kkk website a while back and the were disrespecting Shaka Zulu by calling him Shaka Doodoo. so - thought - would turn that into a positive. Plus I do a lot of internet marketing and the name shakadoodoo helps because it is easy to remember and spell plus I created my own key word. I guess you can call it a marketing ploy.

Cool. Thanks!

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 08:00 AM
Once again, what the hell is a Republican shelter? I drop a check off every Christmas at the John 3:16 shelter and I don't see a sign inside that says "This is a Republican or Democrat Shelter."

I meant the people working there are democrates - not a democratic organization - most blacks in north tulsa are democrats - at least the ones that vote. So - my mistake!

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 08:56 AM
Your argument reminds me of Longhorn fan arguments about the number of Texas kids that play for OU.

Well, when Texas has 24.8 million people versus Oklahoma's 3.6 million...

Sometimes the population/demographics tell you all you need to know how irrelevant an argument is.

Huh? What were you sipping on last night? I think ou having a lot of Texas players has a lot to do with texas not playing blacks untill the early 70's. That allowed ou to go down into tx and gain relationships with many of the tx high schools. When I was at ou - many of the football players from texas came to ou because they had family that went to ou before them. You can even see this in the movie glory road. Oklahomans going down into tx and slapping the racism out of their system. So in the end it is tx fault many players come to ou. I am not saying this is the only reason but it is definatly part of the reason. But how you corralated that to welfare stats is pretty odd.

adoniijahsooner
8/22/2010, 08:59 AM
Hey Shaka...Do you know Jelani Sisco? I havent seen or heard from him since I graduated in 1995. My name is Demetrius Birch, I went to BTW and Rogers. If you need some help, man when I come to Tulsa to visit my mother, I will gladly give you a hand. I will be helping out Roger Brown, the Track coach at Dallas Skyline this coming up year....he use to coach the girls at BTW and he coached at Rogers before he started to coach at Dallas Skyline. Just let me know man and I will give a hand when I can.

picasso
8/22/2010, 09:28 AM
Yes, I know Wennie. But Wennie coaches pin king - he does not work for mclain. His son steavie is one of the kids that I was talking about who got murdered. The other was buba danials - his nephew. I have really been trying to keep wennie upbeat - he has really been down latley - he thinks it is his fault they were murdered.

Ah I meant Danny Daniels. He coached the football team for a few years when it was TTST. He was my coach growing up.

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 09:33 AM
Hey Shaka...Do you know Jelani Sisco? I havent seen or heard from him since I graduated in 1995. My name is Demetrius Birch, I went to BTW and Rogers. If you need some help, man when I come to Tulsa to visit my mother, I will gladly give you a hand. I will be helping out Roger Brown, the Track coach at Dallas Skyline this coming up year....he use to coach the girls at BTW and he coached at Rogers before he started to coach at Dallas Skyline. Just let me know man and I will give a hand when I can.

Was up bro? Good to hear from you. Chris Terrel told me to tell you what's up. Jelani is doing good last time I talked to him. Want me to tell him to get in touch with you? Didn't you wrestle? I think - remember you when I got into it with thomas lamdrum about reffing the McLain - BTW wrestling dual. Anyway - I would love the help. Positive people in my room is always helpful - I will pm you my number. Good looking out!

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 09:39 AM
Ah I meant Danny Daniels. He coached the football team for a few years when it was TTST. He was my coach growing up.
Yea, I remember him. He was good people. He helped me out because he made his football players come into the wrestling room if they were not playing basketball

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 09:51 AM
I'm gonna let you read this again. Take your time.

Now, go have you mom explain what "way more" means.

Hmmm - those numbers seem off but I will do some research when I get back from church. If your right - I stand corrected - but my point is still the same. More whites are on welfare than blacks. By the way - my mother has been smoked out since the early 80's - the only way more she wants to hear about is way more crack. Lol

jiminy
8/22/2010, 10:27 AM
Notice how I said, "responsible." Context clues my friend.

I did notice. I just don't believe teens are mature enough to be responsible about sex.

jiminy
8/22/2010, 10:35 AM
Well, considering that's NOT what you claimed in your original post. LOL!

Go look at the teen pregnancy rates at schools that advocated "abstinence education" vs. schools that taught sex ed and provided condoms and birth control...then get back to me.

If only you had read a few more posts and saw where I predicted this response...

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 12:38 PM
I meant the people working there are democrates - not a democratic organization - most blacks in north tulsa are democrats - at least the ones that vote. So - my mistake!

Go figure:rolleyes:

Hmmm - those numbers seem off but I will do some research when I get back from church. If your right - I stand corrected - but my point is still the same. More whites are on welfare than blacks. By the way - my mother has been smoked out since the early 80's - the only way more she wants to hear about is way more crack. Lol

A Cracked out Mom , Man that is Just funny as hell. Is there something wrong with you that you think something like that is funny ?

MR2-Sooner86
8/22/2010, 12:49 PM

:confused:

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 12:55 PM

See the part I bolded? Why not teach yer kids that there is not a dayum thing wrong with thinking about yerself and to Pick up yer work boots and not worry about whos giving **** away to those who wont work. Other words a Little Pride in ones self. Adonja Learned and seems to be doing well . Him i would help if he fell on hardtimes.
I have no problem helping those who try. Its the lazy bums who sit on their asses and cry cause they dont get enough

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 01:24 PM
Go figure:rolleyes:

A Cracked out Mom , Man that is Just funny as hell. Is there something wrong with you that you think something like that is funny ?

Your right - it is not funny - at least it shouldn't be - my mother is pretty wild though - She has had me robbed before among many other things. She has even came to terms with smoking crack - she justifies it and says she loves to smoke it - But I do need to get back with her - I have not had much to say to her since she called my daughter a crippled B#### - I guess that has made me pretty apathetic of her.

XingTheRubicon
8/22/2010, 01:29 PM
I feel bad now

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 01:31 PM
Your right - it is not funny - at least it shouldn't be - my mother is pretty wild though - She has had me robbed before among many other things. She has even came to terms with smoking crack - she justifies it and says she loves to smoke it - But I do need to get back with her - I have not had much to say to her since she called my daughter a crippled B#### - I guess that has made me pretty apathetic of her.

I have no experience with people who do that **** except the meth heads around here. And I tell them if I catch em on my Hill they aint gonna need anymore meth.

AS yer Mom caint you get her committed or something ?

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 01:41 PM
One fundamental aspect of being Republican is voting Republican, which pretty much eliminates you as a Republican.This is classically stupid on two points: 1) that is absolutely NOT a fundamental aspect of being either a Republican OR an American and 2) I've voted Republican in 2 out of the last 3 Presidential elections.

Please...keep making a fool of yourself. It's fun to watch. :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 01:44 PM
You are the one that made the Claim . Said there was a Plaque er something with yer name on it at that Gun club . 2 peeps said they went there and they had never heard of yo, Or there was NO plaque, one of those . Id have to go look it up if I cared about it .:rolleyes:Clearly you DO care (and two people care far too much about someone they've never even met, which is pretty pathetic) but regardless, I'm not in charge of what some old gun club does with a 3 inch long brass plaque with my name on it from around 15 years ago. And nobody knew my name there? Really? Quell surprise! LOL! I mean...I'm SO famous...and it was JUST the other day! LOL :rolleyes:

Please...find two more people to run around checking on my past. It's like...so cool...and stuff. :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 01:45 PM
Duck , Boy a whole ****in flock just flew over yer head:rolleyes:A whole flock of "duddn't make sense" maybe. Try speaking intelligently if you want to communicate with me, bud. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 01:46 PM
If only you had read a few more posts and saw where I predicted this response...You predicted that I'd point out what a foolish post you'd made?

Wow...you're like...psychic and stuff. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 01:47 PM
Clearly you DO care (and two people care far too much about someone they've never even met, which is pretty pathetic) but regardless, I'm not in charge of what some old gun club does with a 3 inch long brass plaque with my name on it from around 15 years ago. And nobody knew my name there? Really? Quell surprise! LOL! I mean...I'm SO famous...and it was JUST the other day! LOL :rolleyes:

Please...find two more people to run around checking on my past. It's like...so cool...and stuff. :D

LAS you are so funny
YOU are the one who made the claim. YOU are the one who said it was there. YOU are the one who said to feel free to check it out.YOU are the one...
Oh hell never mind YOU are the one who is **** house nuts :rolleyes:

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 02:14 PM
See the part I bolded? Why not teach yer kids that there is not a dayum thing wrong with thinking about yerself and to Pick up yer work boots and not worry about whos giving **** away to those who wont work. Other words a Little Pride in ones self. Adonja Learned and seems to be doing well . Him i would help if he fell on hardtimes.
I have no problem helping those who try. Its the lazy bums who sit on their asses and cry cause they dont get enough

I agree - I do that - and will continue to. It is so bad that you could not imagine how people are abusing the system. I've seen women teaching their kids how to flunk test so they can get a learning disability check from social security. That is crazy. Now this kids whole self esteem is messed up because he has to go to the "Special" hallway. And this happens often. There are things that need to be done. Something needs to be reworked. Drug test before they get those checks would probably cut about 70% of the people on welfare. They need to give them some kind of incentives to get off welfare - and an expiration date on the assistance. I am no politician but they need to do something. But that something should not mean shutting down all programs - that would be insane. You would turn ghettos into the wild wild west. That is something I am not in favor of. But I do teach my kids that. I make sure that they know they are not victims and that their destiny is in their own hands - and once they get themselves together - they can also be concerned with the community because that is a very important factor in any civilized society.

But thanks for the advice.

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 02:18 PM
I have no experience with people who do that **** except the meth heads around here. And I tell them if I catch em on my Hill they aint gonna need anymore meth.

AS yer Mom caint you get her committed or something ?

She has been to plenty. You have to want to be better to get better. She is cool with the way she is.

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 02:28 PM
LAS you are so funny
YOU are the one who made the claim. YOU are the one who said it was there. YOU are the one who said to feel free to check it out.YOU are the one...
Oh hell never mind YOU are the one who is **** house nuts :rolleyes:I didn't "make a claim," I stated a fact. I also stated the fact that they post plaques of the people who make the shot. Several make it every year, or at least used to. I said I didn't care if people didn't believe me (still don't) and that they could go check or the plaque.

None of that changes the fact that: a) it was a long time ago, b) I'm not in charge of what they do with their plaques and medals from competitions and c) it's pretty effin' pathetic that some of you have such a hard on for me that you actually drove all the way out to Sand Springs to see if a plaque from around 15 years ago was still on the wall.

It is to make me laugh. :D

Oh, and yeah...sure...I'm ****house crazy. I'd type out what you are, but then I'd get banned for "personal attacks" when you went and ran crying to the mods. ;)

Shakadoodoo
8/22/2010, 02:31 PM
I feel bad now

Don't feel bad - I am doing good and obviously she is too. I just put it in Gods hands.

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 02:45 PM
I didn't "make a claim," I stated a fact. I also stated the fact that they post plaques of the people who make the shot. Several make it every year, or at least used to. I said I didn't care if people didn't believe me (still don't) and that they could go check or the plaque.

None of that changes the fact that: a) it was a long time ago, b) I'm not in charge of what they do with their plaques and medals from competitions and c) it's pretty effin' pathetic that some of you have such a hard on for me that you actually drove all the way out to Sand Springs to see if a plaque from around 15 years ago was still on the wall.

It is to make me laugh. :D

Oh, and yeah...sure...I'm ****house crazy. I'd type out what you are, but then I'd get banned for "personal attacks" when you went and ran crying to the mods. ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
LAS =http://typophile.com/files/pathetic.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 03:20 PM
Wow. And there go even more of the personal attacks, eh Vet?

I'd respond in kind, but your history of whining to the mods and starting thread after thread about how people are mean to you and hurt your feelers makes it really not worth it.

Besides...I already got what I wanted: I made you, and a couple of your Posse Pawns, dance like little monkeys.

Sand Springs? Really? You really drove all the way out there to check on whether I made a shot with a gun or not? Me, a guy you have never met and who you claim "not to give a **** about?"

LMFAO!

I should reuse your kitten photo, but your posts alone are a better illustration. :D

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 03:35 PM
These threads make mine look like Newton's Principia.

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 03:56 PM
Wow. And there go even more of the personal attacks, eh Vet?

Man If you think that is a personal attack , I bet that when some one kicks sand in yer face at the Beach, That, that person just Did Aggravated Physical Violence on yer person:rolleyes:

I'd respond in kind, but your history of whining to the mods and starting thread after thread about how people are mean to you and hurt your feelers makes it really not worth it.

This is precisely what Im talking about , when I say you twist words around. I have only reported a few posts here and that was simply because they were totally classless. Much like YOU :P

Besides...I already got what I wanted: I made you, and a couple of your Posse Pawns, dance like little monkeys.

I say again " ****ing Pathetic :rolleyes:

Sand Springs? Really? You really drove all the way out there to check on whether I made a shot with a gun or not? Me, a guy you have never met and who you claim "not to give a **** about?"

I never said ANYONE drove out there Numbnuts. I said 2 people checked . One is a member there so it was no big deal to see that you are full of it.the Other one has a relative that works there and he simply made a phone call:pop:

LMFAO!

I should reuse your kitten photo, but your posts alone are a better illustration. :D

Now get back to the Gun shows and Find me some more Hand Grenades and Rocket launchers :P

Tulsa_Fireman
8/22/2010, 04:37 PM

LMFAO!

Okay, wait.

WHERE in Sand Springs? The only gun club I know of in my little corner of the world, where I used to be a member, doesn't even have the facilities to set up that shot, let alone have a competition for it.

Point being, to hell with the shot, I want to know where there's a long range to go shoot.

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 05:12 PM
Now get back to the Gun shows and Find me some more Hand Grenades and Rocket launchers :P LOL! You're too damn easy! :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/22/2010, 05:14 PM
These threads make mine look like Newton's Principia.Almost every thread on the S.O. in its entire history makes all of your posts look like Fig Newton...at best.

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 05:27 PM
Limptard and LAS Twins separated at birth :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2010, 10:14 PM
http://adamthinks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/star_trek_black_white_aliens.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
8/22/2010, 11:08 PM
http://adamthinks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/star_trek_black_white_aliens.jpg

On average, they look fine.

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 11:17 PM
Limptard and LAS Twins separated at birth :D

Now THAT is an insult. Say what you want about me (and you have), comparing me to LASSooner is like, well, like... really bad.

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 11:19 PM
Now THAT is an insult. Say what you want about me (and you have), comparing me to LASSooner is like, well, like... really bad.

Yer right , that could be construed as a Personal attack on YOU :P

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 11:24 PM
Yer right , that could be construed as a Personal attack on YOU :P

You do realize that I have a plaque on the wall at the OU Mathematics Club? If you drive to Norman you'll see it. That's because I'm a bad-assed dude.

Crucifax Autumn
8/22/2010, 11:36 PM
I actually did the engraving on both plaques.

olevetonahill
8/22/2010, 11:40 PM
You do realize that I have a plaque on the wall at the OU Mathematics Club? If you drive to Norman you'll see it. That's because I'm a bad-assed dude.

:D :P

Leroy Lizard
8/22/2010, 11:43 PM
I actually did the engraving on both plaques.

So you're the one that spelled it "Limptard"! And all this time I thought it was an honest mistake.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/23/2010, 12:19 AM

Where exactly is the OU math club located?

CrimsonJim
8/23/2010, 12:21 AM

Our resident mathlete!

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 12:24 AM
Where exactly is the OU math club located?

In Norman.

Ask stupid question; get stupid answer. :P

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2010, 02:12 AM
Good for you! I am glad you do your part.
Would you rather have do-baders with no morals in the educational system. I love making my kids think outside the box and exposing them to things they would not normaly be exposed to. And if that makes me a bad teacher - then so be it!

I would rather you teach your subject without intejercting your politics into it. Good for you if you volunteer but keep the two separate.

Thank God my kids know the difference between doing good and "do gooders".

Sooner in Tampa
8/23/2010, 06:00 AM
i could do a thousand yards. np. probably have and it just wasnt on a range...

but i've shot a whole buncha **** in my day.
HEH...

Shooting a click "np" :rolleyes:

Now...where's my Bull**** Flag?

Crucifax Autumn
8/23/2010, 06:57 AM
I would rather you teach your subject without intejercting your politics into it. Good for you if you volunteer but keep the two separate.

Hell, my government teacher in high school wore campaign buttons to school and literally told us that her candidates for governor and pres were the only choice a smart person would make.

Needless to say I got thrown out of the class. More interesting is how once I explained the situation to the principal she was disciplined and forced to let me back in.

C&CDean
8/23/2010, 03:05 PM
HEH...

Shooting a click "np" :rolleyes:

Now...where's my Bull**** Flag?

Dude, you forget he's a self-proclaimed "warrior god princess thingy."

LosAngelesSooner
8/23/2010, 03:07 PM
Now THAT is an insult. Say what you want about me (and you have), comparing me to LASSooner is like, well, like... really bad.Yeah. I mean...why on EARTH would you insult me in such a way? Seriously...even Leroy Lizard knows that's going too far. :cool:

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah. I mean...why on EARTH would you insult me in such a way? Seriously...even Leroy Lizard knows that's going too far. :cool:

I would normally respond, but I am afraid to anger LASSooner. There might be a time when he gets within a 1,000 yards of me with a rifle, and bacteria doesn't even stand a chance under those conditions.

http://mnfilmtv.org/mndialog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/rambo.jpg

olevetonahill
8/23/2010, 03:45 PM
Limptard Dont fergret He may have a bunch of these :eek:

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/images/product/main/hand_grenades.jpg
And these :D

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/869/1118882982.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
8/23/2010, 03:46 PM
Nope.

And if you want to attempt that argument, first address how city zoning laws <> government welfare programs.

Exactly what does city zoning laws have to do with the federal gov'ts policy of stacking the poorest of the poor on top of each other. Even libs agree that this wasn't a good idea, in retrospect. Before public housing most folks lived in more mixed income housing which allowed poor children to grow up with a model of social advancement.

Creating government dependents robs people of their human dignity and I don't find it very charitable at all.

GKeeper316
8/23/2010, 03:56 PM

one day, dean... i'm gonna kick the ever lovin **** outta you.

C&CDean
8/23/2010, 04:01 PM
Doleo is my body guard. I ain't scared.

olevetonahill
8/23/2010, 04:03 PM
one day, dean... i'm gonna kick the ever lovin **** outta you.

Oh this I got to see .
Can I sell Tickets :D

SoonerStormchaser
8/23/2010, 04:50 PM
Now get back to the Gun shows and Find me some more Hand Grenades and Rocket launchers :P

That's my job dip****!

Shakadoodoo
8/23/2010, 05:20 PM

Thank God my kids know the difference between doing good and "do gooders".

My kids are 2 years from graduating. I went to Holland Hall in Elementary - When I was in 2nd grade We did a mock vote between Jimmie Carter and Ronald Regan - Then again in 6th grade between Reagan and Mondale. Then again in 10th grade at Bishop Kelley with - Bush vs Dukakis. I learned about the political process all through me early education. So I see no reason to deprive my kids of it. Many blacks already do not vote and I want to encourage them to be excited about it as well. Like I said earlier - I do not teach them what to vote - I want them to use their own minds. Now, every single kid in my class is a Democrat and they have no idea why. They just think they are suppose to be. So I always play the devils advocate. I force them to look at both sides of the issue. And I think thats good for them. If you have a problem with teaching the kids about the political process when they are 2 years from voting - that is on you. I am sure your kids will never go to the schools my kids go to so you will not have to worry about that anyway. And if you send you kids to a school that does not educate them about the political process - I would advise you to question that as well!

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2010, 07:58 PM
Now, every single kid in my class is a Democrat and they have no idea why.

Huh, maybe because even though you say you don't, maybe you really do project your political influence on your students.

If you have a problem with teaching the kids about the political process when they are 2 years from voting - that is on you.

I think it's great to teach upcoming voters about the issues. If there's no Republican, Libritarian, Socialist, Communist, or Anarchist views in you class I'm betting your influence is much more than you admit to.

I am sure your kids will never go to the schools my kids go to so you will not have to worry about that anyway

I'm not sure if you're trying to play the race card or make me feel sorry for you. Either way it ain't gonna work. We live in the 2nd poorest county in Oklahoma. The median income for our town is 22K per household. It is also quite diverse when it comes to race. So, don't bother me with the whole "we're so poor & neglected" talk. We live in it. We see much of what you blather about & most of those folks are too damn lazy to do anything about their situation.

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2010, 08:01 PM
Thank God my parents stressed home and self-education in the subjects of history and civics. If I actually had to learn history and government in public school then I'd be as big a moron as Shakadoodoo's students seem to be.

GKeeper316
8/23/2010, 08:12 PM

all marines are warrior gods.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/23/2010, 08:23 PM
In Norman.

Ask stupid question; get stupid answer. :P

What floor of the Physical Science Bldg?

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 08:26 PM
What floor of the Physical Science Bldg?

Don't tell me you are really going to look for a plaque with the name "Leroy Lizard" engraved on it? I mean, dude... Leroy is not my real name. :D

(The plaque was a joke.)

CrimsonJim
8/23/2010, 08:46 PM
Oh this I got to see .
Can I sell Tickets :D

In! How many can I get for tree fitty?

olevetonahill
8/23/2010, 09:03 PM
In! How many can I get for tree fitty?

Best offer I had so far :D

olevetonahill
8/23/2010, 09:06 PM

Yer really THIS guy aint ya.
http://www.hembeck.com/Images/FredSez/GomerSgtCarter.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
8/23/2010, 09:09 PM

Excuse me mr. marine...but if you are going to do it right

It's all Marines are Warrior Gods...geesh...what Marine Corps are you talking about?

olevetonahill
8/23/2010, 09:14 PM

It's all Marines are Warrior Gods...geesh...what Marine Corps are you talking about?

Bro He aint ever Capped Marines , Thats why Im convinced if he was even in the Marines he was another Gomer;)

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 09:14 PM

Maybe he's talking about marine aquatic life.

LosAngelesSooner
8/23/2010, 10:05 PM
I would normally respond, but I am afraid to anger LASSooner. There might be a time when he gets within a 1,000 yards of me with a rifle, and bacteria doesn't even stand a chance under those conditions.

http://mnfilmtv.org/mndialog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/rambo.jpgNah. Not with you.

With you I'd walk right up and slap you across the face with an open hand. Like John Wayne would to a mouthy woman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/slap-bitch-demotivational-poster.jpg

Shakadoodoo
8/23/2010, 10:08 PM
Huh, maybe because even though you say you don't, maybe you really do project your political influence on your students.

Until you sit in one on my classes you are just assuming things - I keep telling you that I am forcing them to see the other side of the issue - How many different ways do I have to explain this to you. I am not teaching them to be democrat - I am not a democrat anyway. I am actually showing them there is truth to what many Conservatives say and if our communities are going to get any better it is us that is going to have to do it. I want them to understand they are not victims and many of the problems in our community are self inflicted and the only people that can help us is us. I want them to realize that instead of blaming everyone else for their problems they need to "cowboy up" and fix these issues in our communities.

I think it's great to teach upcoming voters about the issues. If there's no Republican, Libritarian, Socialist, Communist, or Anarchist views in you class I'm betting your influence is much more than you admit to.

You would loose that bet - I have not influenced them to think one way or the other - all I am doing is making them do the research to back up what they think they know.

I'm not sure if you're trying to play the race card or make me feel sorry for you. Either way it ain't gonna work. We live in the 2nd poorest county in Oklahoma. The median income for our town is 22K per household. It is also quite diverse when it comes to race. So, don't bother me with the whole "we're so poor & neglected" talk. We live in it. We see much of what you blather about & most of those folks are too damn lazy to do anything about their situation.

I was just saying you will never have to worry about me or anyone like me being your kids teacher since you don't live in our community - You took that to deep. That is more of that inductive reasoning I was talking about.

Now if you would quit amusing what I am doing and listen to what I have been saying maybe you will get the drift. Not once Have I told them to be democrat. I started this discussion to get input to go back to my kids with valid points against what they think - again - I always play the devil advocate. My kids brought the question I asked in the original post - not me - instead of getting valid input people have mostly tried to attack my teaching style - I know I am a good teacher - and I deal with kids most teachers would not and do not want to deal with - so I am not tripping off what anyone thinks or does not think - and I will continue to do things like this to keep education relevant to my students.

LosAngelesSooner
8/23/2010, 10:20 PM
I think someone is still trying to have a serious discussion in this thread. Whoops. :)

olevetonahill
8/23/2010, 10:28 PM
I think someone is still trying to have a serious discussion in this thread. Whoops. :)

http://kenwalton.com/ken/images/nose-picker.jpg

Shakadoodoo
8/23/2010, 10:28 PM
Thank God my parents stressed home and self-education in the subjects of history and civics. If I actually had to learn history and government in public school then I'd be as big a moron as Shakadoodoo's students seem to be.

My kids are not morons! They are very thirsty to learn. But I think I read somewhere that you said you hate kids. So I guess your response is not suprising.

Leroy Lizard
8/23/2010, 10:43 PM
Nah. Not with you.

With you I'd walk right up and slap you across the face with an open hand. Like John Wayne would to a mouthy woman.

Please don't hurt me, you brute!

http://andromeda.plymouthlibrary.org/blog/libchoice/images/woman-screaming.jpg

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2010, 11:01 PM
My kids are not morons! They are very thirsty to learn. But I think I read somewhere that you said you hate kids. So I guess your response is not suprising.

This is true...I do detest children.

SCOUT
8/23/2010, 11:04 PM
Until you sit in one on my classes you are just assuming things - I keep telling you that I am forcing them to see the other side of the issue - How many different ways do I have to explain this to you. I am not teaching them to be democrat - I am not a democrat anyway. I am actually showing them there is truth to what many Conservatives say and if our communities are going to get any better it is us that is going to have to do it. I want them to understand they are not victims and many of the problems in our community are self inflicted and the only people that can help us is us. I want them to realize that instead of blaming everyone else for their problems they need to "cowboy up" and fix these issues in our communities.

You would loose that bet - I have not influenced them to think one way or the other - all I am doing is making them do the research to back up what they think they know.

I was just saying you will never have to worry about me or anyone like me being your kids teacher since you don't live in our community - You took that to deep. That is more of that inductive reasoning I was talking about.

Now if you would quit amusing what I am doing and listen to what I have been saying maybe you will get the drift. Not once Have I told them to be democrat. I started this discussion to get input to go back to my kids with valid points against what they think - again - I always play the devil advocate. My kids brought the question I asked in the original post - not me - instead of getting valid input people have mostly tried to attack my teaching style - I know I am a good teacher - and I deal with kids most teachers would not and do not want to deal with - so I am not tripping off what anyone thinks or does not think - and I will continue to do things like this to keep education relevant to my students.

I have to admit that reading, albeit cursory, through this thread it sure sounded like you were coming from a foundation that conservatives don't DWJWD. Comments like, rich people never... I have never seen a rich person... tend to come across as sweeping generalizations that are anecdotal and not based in fact. For example, if someone were to say that poor kids never try, it would seem that there is a pretty solid bias by the poster.

However, if your real actions are from this thread, then you and I agree. It is my humble opinion that a teacher should teach what is known, from all sides. It is up the student to apply that information and form their own world view.

As a disclaimer, my opinion is that too many teachers tell kids how they should interpret the information rather than just presenting it to them. It is borderline indoctrination and is condescending at a minimum.

I donate to Junior Diabetes Foundation, The Douglas Community (In Dallas), work for habitat for humanity and volunteer at a cerebral palsy clinic. I am conservative.

LosAngelesSooner
8/23/2010, 11:06 PM
http://kenwalton.com/ken/images/nose-picker.jpg
*shudder*

That pic gave me the heebie jeebies...

LosAngelesSooner
8/23/2010, 11:10 PM
Please don't hurt me, you brute!

http://andromeda.plymouthlibrary.org/blog/libchoice/images/woman-screaming.jpgAlright. I'll let you get away with it this time, ya dizzy dame.

Once.

Once.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4pmUNQE7llI/SFMyhhRkbFI/AAAAAAAACKk/pV0lwetPfho/s400/jd+028.jpg

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2010, 11:30 PM

Why don't you take back to your students that we, as the American Society, have a wide and diverse way of giving back to the community. Some give money, some give time, and some don't give a crap. It's not fair or right to label people. In a free society you can give or not. Teach them life isn't fair and sometimes you get screwed no matter what you do. Tell them to bow up in times of trouble and seek guidance from others, God, or a freakin' leaf on a tree. We all where we are by the choices we make, the choices made for us, dumb luck, hard work, and the randomness of the universe.

But for God's sake don't turn them into a bunch of finger pointers & blamers. Make lemonade from lemons, not just sour faces.

SanJoaquinSooner
8/24/2010, 12:40 AM
This thread is dumber than a J.D. Hayworth.

What were you pubs thinking, that Infomerical Man could knock off McCain?

Shakadoodoo
8/24/2010, 07:11 AM
Why don't you take back to your students that we, as the American Society, have a wide and diverse way of giving back to the community. Some give money, some give time, and some don't give a crap.

They realize that most people don't give a crap about them therefore they need to make things happen on their own. They can not afford to wait on anyone's money or time.

It's not fair or right to label people. In a free society you can give or not.

That is one of the purpose of this discussion I had with them by showing them you can not label all Conservatives as people who care nothing about them and Democrats as people that do - But they get labeled all the time - just look throughout this thread - they have been labeled as Morons, drug dealers driving Esclades, drug addicts, lazy, worthless, blamers, finger pointers, ect..... and they are none of these things. That goes back to your next point - life is not fair.

Teach them life isn't fair and sometimes you get screwed no matter what you do.

They already know this to be a fact.

Tell them to bow up in times of trouble and seek guidance from others, God, or a freakin' leaf on a tree.

I will stick with others and God - They get guidance from leafs to much as it is.

We all where we are by the choices we make, the choices made for us, dumb luck, hard work, and the randomness of the universe.

I think I will stick with a more Napoleon Hill philosophy instead - With belief, faith and hard work they can create their own destinies. We are going to read and dissect "Think and Grow Rich" starting in September.

But for God's sake don't turn them into a bunch of finger pointers & blamers. Make lemonade from lemons, not just sour faces.

I guess you wanted to make that point one more time - That must be your Thesis Statement. I explained that I am not doing that in the last post - But thanks for the advice.

olevetonahill
8/24/2010, 07:18 AM
Whereas I detest the Mans Politics
I would think Obama would be the Biggest inspiration fior them to Make good . Hell look where HE came from to where he is now . Teach em its not that they are black( I also detest the hyphenated AA name)or where they are from but where they are willing to go .

Good luck . And I hope I didnt label the kids.Tell em this old white fatassed honkey cares about em as long as THEY care about themselves.

Shakadoodoo
8/24/2010, 07:48 AM
I have to admit that reading, albeit cursory, through this thread it sure sounded like you were coming from a foundation that conservatives don't DWJWD. Comments like, rich people never... I have never seen a rich person... tend to come across as sweeping generalizations that are anecdotal and not based in fact. For example, if someone were to say that poor kids never try, it would seem that there is a pretty solid bias by the poster.

However, if your real actions are from this thread, then you and I agree. It is my humble opinion that a teacher should teach what is known, from all sides. It is up the student to apply that information and form their own world view.

As a disclaimer, my opinion is that too many teachers tell kids how they should interpret the information rather than just presenting it to them. It is borderline indoctrination and is condescending at a minimum.

I donate to Junior Diabetes Foundation, The Douglas Community (In Dallas), work for habitat for humanity and volunteer at a cerebral palsy clinic. I am conservative.

You do a lot - That is wonderful -
I just want them to be interested. Many of them don't really see a reason to vote at all - Some truly think that the political system is not for them and they are completely apathetic about it all together. I want to change that. As far as teaching goes - I think most teaches unconsciously do this - especially rookie teachers. But I am a 4th generation teacher. I was raised around teachers. I was warned against that the first time I substituted at 18 yrs old - mostly because of the parents back then. But I do not think it is right either - but I would rather them be indoctrinated into a political party than a Gang. ANYTHING BUT GANGS - For many of our kids - that is 75% of the fight.

Shakadoodoo
8/24/2010, 08:01 AM
Whereas I detest the Mans Politics
I would think Obama would be the Biggest inspiration fior them to Make good . Hell look where HE came from to where he is now . Teach em its not that they are black( I also detest the hyphenated AA name)or where they are from but where they are willing to go .

Good luck . And I hope I didnt label the kids.Tell em this old white fatassed honkey cares about em as long as THEY care about themselves.

You are right - that has inspired many of them. And I am sure to let them know that no one wants to hear their excuses.

Thanks for the love - I will pass that on to them - I just made them shirts with the saying "if it is to be, it is up to me" - it is that same adage that was on our OU wrestling shirts when I was at OU. It was one of Coach Abels favorite sayings. I hope it will be something they remember and apply!

Leroy Lizard
8/24/2010, 09:40 AM
I want people to vote as long as I think they will vote for the person I want elected.

Crucifax Autumn
8/24/2010, 10:18 AM
Who are you Shak? I don't mean the "who's troll are you?" crap that's been tossed around because I don't give a crap about that part. You've made comments that make it sound like you were "somebody" at OU a few times and I'm curious.