PDA

View Full Version : Texas to to sell OU car tags?

stoopified
8/19/2010, 03:10 PM
I was laying in my recliner listening to KREF and heard that.A news blirb says that Texas State DOT or whatever is considering selling OU car tags .I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that.I can't help thinking that UT,SMU,BU,TT,TCU,aTm,wli flex political muscle and kill it BUT if it does happen I would ROTFLMAO.

yankee
8/19/2010, 03:15 PM
I was laying in my recliner listening to KREF and heard that.A news blirb says that Texas State DOT or whatever is considering selling OU car tags .I nearly fell out of my chair when I heard that.I can't help thinking that UT,SMU,BU,TT,TCU,aTm,wli flex political muscle and kill it BUT if it does happen I would ROTFLMAO.

OSU got Texas license plates earlier this year. i was pissed that OU wasn't granted them at the time, but not as pissed as the hardcore Texans were. as you can imagine, this is really causing a stir down here. :D

i really want one. what a better way to give a middle finger to those people than have a Boomer Sooner on a Texas license plate. i can't wipe the grin off my face.

rawlingsHOH
8/19/2010, 03:18 PM
But what about the upside down Horn stickers that Texas makes billions off of?

Wishboned
8/19/2010, 03:34 PM
Here's a link to a story about it...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/DN-rivalry_18tex.ART.State.Edition1.35f88a3.html

Tigeman
8/19/2010, 03:37 PM
Here's the original thread fellas.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143282&highlight=license+plate

Mississippi Sooner
8/19/2010, 03:45 PM
I voted for it a few dozen times. And I don't even live in Texas.

tfoolry
8/19/2010, 04:22 PM
Any team logo tag is an invitation for a key run down the side of your car.

stoopified
8/19/2010, 06:04 PM
i really want one. what a better way to give a middle finger to those people than have a Boomer Sooner on a Texas license plate. i can't wipe the grin off my face.Exactly what I was thinking.

oudavid1
8/19/2010, 06:23 PM
ROTFLMAO.

lol jk idk, but really

CrimsonJim
8/19/2010, 06:29 PM
Any team logo tag is an invitation for a key run down the side of your car.

And a prompt boot up your tail if I catch your low-life punk @ss keying ANYBODY's car. Are you a Nick troll? :rolleyes:

owenfieldreams
8/19/2010, 06:38 PM
This is old news. LSU has had their name/logo on Texas car tags for years. All it takes is enough people soliciting TXDOT and eventually you get your wish.

As far as fearing retaliation, I've lived down here for 46 years. I see people on the freeways, in malls, and in neighborhoods with all sorts of different team logos that are not UT or even from Texas. It's such a melting pot down here, nobody cares.

I'll have those OU plates on my wife's car as soon as they're available. She already has an OU/Sooners magnet logo on it.

yankee
8/19/2010, 08:33 PM
This is old news. LSU has had their name/logo on Texas car tags for years. All it takes is enough people soliciting TXDOT and eventually you get your wish.

As far as fearing retaliation, I've lived down here for 46 years. I see people on the freeways, in malls, and in neighborhoods with all sorts of different team logos that are not UT or even from Texas. It's such a melting pot down here, nobody cares.

I'll have those OU plates on my wife's car as soon as they're available. She already has an OU/Sooners magnet logo on it.

OU on the license plate is not old news...other schools on the license plate is not new, but those schools aren't OU. :)

owenfieldreams
8/19/2010, 09:14 PM
The point is that this opportunity has been out there ever since the first non-Texas school got it done with TEXDOT.

Why we're late to the party may be news but out of state schools on Texas license plates is very old news.

texas bandman
8/19/2010, 10:16 PM
I heard on the news that the OSU and Auburn plates have made the state of Texas $38,000. I think we'll blow that amount out of the water the first day it's available! I know I'm anxiously awaiting the OU tag's release.

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 10:35 PM
As a guy who spent years in asstin wandering the uterus campus, the drag, and 6th street wearing Sooner gear, I have to agree.

goingoneight
8/19/2010, 10:39 PM
As far as doing shat to people's cars, my girl and I had fun at OU/TX, turning the Longhorn plates upside down as well as those big car magnet things. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 10:40 PM
My OU window sticker gets nothing but praise here.

tfoolry
8/20/2010, 04:37 PM
And a prompt boot up your tail if I catch your low-life punk @ss keying ANYBODY's car. Are you a Nick troll? :rolleyes:

No, I had my car keyed OU/tx weekend in 2003 at a sports bar here in Dallas because I had one of those neon OU tag holders. I guess you failed to get the point of my message.

CrimsonJim
8/20/2010, 05:18 PM
No, I had my car keyed OU/tx weekend in 2003 at a sports bar here in Dallas because I had one of those neon OU tag holders. I guess you failed to get the point of my message.

Sorry about that. I guess I had my sarcasm meter set too high. That really sux bro. Here's hoping karma is a true biotch, and Sooner than later!

Leroy Lizard
8/20/2010, 07:03 PM
I heard on the news that the OSU and Auburn plates have made the state of Texas $38,000. I think we'll blow that amount out of the water the first day it's available! I know I'm anxiously awaiting the OU tag's release.

So we're going to make Texas some money.

And this is good news, right?

Jacie
8/20/2010, 08:07 PM
The only way for the schools in Texas, led by the 900-lb gorilla, to stop this would be for them to make a donation to the DOT in excess of expected revenues.

bluedogok
8/22/2010, 08:35 PM
I lived two years in Dallas (91-93) and now seven years here in Austin and never had an issue with anyone doing anything to my vehicles with OU stuff on them. I've rarely had a negative comment, more often than not a fellow Sooner is the only one who comments....and there are a bunch of us down here.

I also find more a-hole Whorns in Dallas than I have down here. I think the further they get away from Austin the worse they become.

BHB 91
8/22/2010, 09:24 PM
Makes me glad I won't have to make the decision to buy one of these now. On September 20th, I'll be living in Norman again. I normally had a chrome OU on the back of the car or a sticker on the window during my 19 years here in Dallas. I never had a problem with anyone vandalizing my cars thankfully.

Boomer!

tfoolry
8/23/2010, 04:33 PM
Alcohol + idiot whorn fans + 65-13 beatdown = higher probability of OU car vandalism.

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/23/2010, 04:53 PM
I'm absolutely stoked about this! I've never had any issues with a small sticker on the back window of my truck and the silver emblem on the bed. I will buy one of the plates and keep my vanity plate (BOOMR) and like Blue, never had any problems in Amarillo, College Station, Houston, or Austin. I've actually heard BOOMER yelled to me more in Austin than anywhere else, it is pretty funny when someone yells it from a bit away and the idiot whorns look like WTF?!