PDA

View Full Version : Bomar will likely start Saturday

kelloggOUballa
8/19/2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819ddb97/article/sorgi-joins-manning-on-sideline-for-saturday-nights-game?module=HP_headlines

Here's his shot if he's ever had one since that fateful summer of 2006...

Mad Dog Madsen
8/19/2010, 10:50 AM
Interesting... I actually hope the guy does well.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/19/2010, 11:02 AM
Like Xing and I were discussing in the other Bomar thread, this is a great opportunity for him to showcase himself to another team...

One team that may be looking is Indianapolis

AlbqSooner
8/19/2010, 07:57 PM
Great opportunity for im. I wish him well.
I did notice that there were three comments below the story. All three deemed abusive and removed. Gotta love those Nyawkers.

stoopified
8/19/2010, 09:51 PM
Call me a bitter old coot but I hope he fails miserably and is laughed out of the league .The next words I want to hear from Bomar : Do you want fries with that?

goingoneight
8/19/2010, 10:02 PM
He's already got paid, so it's fair game to hope he and the Giants fail from here to the end of time. :D

Collier11
8/19/2010, 10:06 PM
I root for him and he played well in his 1st game

itsok
8/19/2010, 11:11 PM
i hope he does well...OU is bigger than just one player, and he was the one who lost the most in the deal.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/20/2010, 10:23 AM
I too, wish the guy well. He made a stupid mistake, paid the consequences, and moved on. He even apologized. He only had one year at OU anyways. It could have gotten alot worse. Let's just be glad were not in the same boat as USC.

rawlingsHOH
8/20/2010, 11:14 AM
RHETTBOMAR

rawlingsHOH
8/20/2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.bomarbargainbarn.ca/assets/images/Bomar_Store_Front.jpg

Mississippi Sooner
8/20/2010, 11:25 AM
My image of Bomar will always be when the reporter caught him at the airport: His deer in the headlights look, and the way his girlfriend just disappeared. Classic tv.

DakotaSooner
8/20/2010, 12:09 PM
I hope he plays well. I agree with itsok, why should we still be mad at him? He is the one who lost out. Let it go.

VA Sooner
8/20/2010, 08:20 PM
I wish him well. He made a dumb mistake, as a lot of kids his age would have and got caught.

I'm certainly glad that OU didn't end up like USC did. Damn glad.

mightysooner
8/21/2010, 10:47 AM
To be fair, Bomar was alarmingly good last weekend when he got on the field. He actually looked like a playmaker. He commanded his offense and took them right down the field to score using both his arm and his legs. He looked like a pro. I was very impressed, personal begrudges aside.

SunnySooner
8/21/2010, 11:30 AM
I wonder how ole Rhett would be playing right now if he'd had all those years with Josh coaching him. We'll never know, and again, he's the one that ended up the loser, in this and many other ways.

I hold no ill will for him, he made a really dumb mistake, but I'm pretty sure I did some really dumb things when I was 20 or so, too. Hopefully, he's learned a few lessons from it, and will be a better person for it.

Now, if the NCAA had dropped the hammer on us for what he did, I'd be cursing him with biblical type plagues. As is, it's just a big "meh" for me.

Collier11
8/21/2010, 11:31 AM
Hey Sunny, meow

SunnySooner
8/21/2010, 11:37 AM
Hey C, meow back at ya, glad you made it safely home, did you cut a path thru Hotlanta?:hot: :hot: :hot: ;) :D :P

Breadburner
8/21/2010, 11:39 AM
I willl watch and wish him well......

Collier11
8/21/2010, 12:00 PM
Hey C, meow back at ya, glad you made it safely home, did you cut a path thru Hotlanta?:hot: :hot: :hot: ;) :D :P

had some fun but kept it fairly calm ;)

OUthunder
8/21/2010, 09:16 PM
Call me a bitter old coot but I hope he fails miserably and is laughed out of the league .The next words I want to hear from Bomar : Do you want fries with that?

Werd! To hell with that dumbass.

sooneron
8/21/2010, 09:34 PM
It was on locally up here. His stats pretty much bear how he did. He was going up against a good D, but I would grade him around a C. I missed the first quarter, but caught the rest of the game. He hit 7 of 9 towards the end, but that was against guys that will be NOT playing in the nfl next month. He still has wheels to help him escape, it also seemed like the jint OL is not so good. There were a couple of drops, but he forced some throws, probably b/c of what everyone was saying in this thread- it's his shot. He played the whole game and a lot of the RB haters on here would have loved seeing him get blown up on occasion.
I'm not saying I'm pulling for him. Watching him play is one of the most surreal experiences watching an nfl game. I have no idea how I feel.

olevetonahill
8/21/2010, 09:50 PM
It was on locally up here. His stats pretty much bear how he did. He was going up against a good D, but I would grade him around a C. I missed the first quarter, but caught the rest of the game. He hit 7 of 9 towards the end, but that was against guys that will be NOT playing in the nfl next month. He still has wheels to help him escape, it also seemed like the jint OL is not so good. There were a couple of drops, but he forced some throws, probably b/c of what everyone was saying in this thread- it's his shot. He played the whole game and a lot of the RB haters on here would have loved seeing him get blown up on occasion.
I'm not saying I'm pulling for him. Watching him play is one of the most surreal experiences watching an nfl game. I have no idea how I feel.

I watched all of the 1st and most of the last 1/4s
His line didnt protect him as well as they should have , He did try to force a couple but was pretty much level headed from what i saw. Didnt get rattled and when every one was covered he Ran for the 1st.

My self, I cant stay pissed at a Kid for ****in up.I wish him well

sooneron
8/21/2010, 10:01 PM
I watched all of the 1st and most of the last 1/4s
His line didnt protect him as well as they should have , He did try to force a couple but was pretty much level headed from what i saw. Didnt get rattled and when every one was covered he Ran for the 1st.

My self, I cant stay pissed at a Kid for ****in up.I wish him well

I pretty much agree, I just have issue with wishing him well. I'm not pissed, but I'm not ambivalent, either.

Meanwhile, J Clausen is looking like a starter by mid season.

tm250
8/21/2010, 10:09 PM
I wish him well and hope he beats out Eli someday........

starclassic tama
8/22/2010, 02:35 AM
holding a grudge against him is pretty silly considering how well we've done since he's been gone. the guy pledged to OU, made a stupid mistake and paid for it

texaspokieokie
8/22/2010, 08:56 AM
he made (got caught) @ least 3 mistakes.

his old dad didn't think he did anything wrong.

sooneron
8/22/2010, 11:10 AM
^ This is indicative of Rhett's issues. Apples don't fall too far from the tree. Is it really so surprising that Rhett had his attitude with the way his father traipsed around with a "what are you going to do for me/us?" attitude? I want to feel bad for the kid, but he engaged in bad mistakes. Its not like he went out one night got hammered and got behind the wheel and went to jail. He did this for months and I'm sure daddy (the POS) knew about it.

1890MilesToNorman
8/22/2010, 11:19 AM
Looking at the box score he did alright, was he the only QB in the game for NY?

texaspokieokie
8/22/2010, 11:22 AM
i think he was the only one.

other 2 were hurt.

sooneron
8/22/2010, 11:31 AM
Looking at the box score he did alright, was he the only QB in the game for NY?
Yes, which says that he didn't really fade much as the game went along. Of course, like I said, those guys he was playing against will probably not be playing pro ball in 2 weeks.

He was 6-15 in the first half (against first teamers)
and 7-11 in the 2nd half (against 2s&3s)

He didn't look that bad, he looked OK. To his credit, the int probably should have been knocked down better by Manningham or caught. He wasn't expecting the ball at that point in his route, so I'm not sure if that was his fault or Rhett's. The ball did sail, but he was able to get a hand on it. If he had been expecting it, he wither could have bobbled and possibly made a grab or at worst, it would have been on the turf.

Collier11
8/22/2010, 11:51 AM
^ This is indicative of Rhett's issues. Apples don't fall too far from the tree. Is it really so surprising that Rhett had his attitude with the way his father traipsed around with a "what are you going to do for me/us?" attitude? I want to feel bad for the kid, but he engaged in bad mistakes. Its not like he went out one night got hammered and got behind the wheel and went to jail. He did this for months and I'm sure daddy (the POS) knew about it.

Diff is, despite his doosher of a dad he has been nothing but contrite and apologetic since he left

sooneron
8/22/2010, 12:00 PM
Diff is, despite his doosher of a dad he has been nothing but contrite and apologetic since he left

Which is true. Plus, he did have that quote after playing with SHSU at stoolwater.