PDA

View Full Version : Question for Portland area Sooners

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/18/2010, 11:37 PM
Hello,

I just got an invitation from some old friends to a girls' weekend out in Portland, for the weekend of the Texas game. I want to go, but I do have priorities after all.

Any good places to watch the game in the Portland area? Especially downtown?

TIA,
SDSG

soonerborn30
8/19/2010, 08:32 AM
When I lived there I always went to a place called Claudia's. It isn't downtown, but it was is SE Portland pretty close in. It was one of the few bars that actually showed OU games that I could find, and there was always a healthy Sooner contingent there as well.

Edit: It's at 3006 Hawthorne Blvd. Just a few blocks to the bridge and you're downtown.

Also, if you want downtown, you could always try the Cheerful Tortoise, it's a pretty cool place, but I don't know if they'll have the OU game.

1890MilesToNorman
8/19/2010, 08:34 AM
Which Portland? :D I'm about an hour from the other one.

gaylordfan1
8/19/2010, 09:47 AM
There is NO shortage of great bars and great beer in Portland. I was there in Feb. Great place!

soonerborn30
8/19/2010, 12:53 PM
There is NO shortage of great bars and great beer in Portland. I was there in Feb. Great place!

Indeed! Some of the best beers I've ever had were from PDX. Widmer Brothers and McMinnamins made some great brews, and the McMinnamins bars were some of the coolest I've ever been to.

ouduckhunter
8/19/2010, 01:34 PM
Hi, we live in Portland, and we've got a small OU Club that meets for games. I'm not sure which bar we've chosen to grace with our presence this year, but I should know soon. There are good sports bars all over town, including Claudia's that was mentioned, there's a nice one in the Pearl District (very chic chic are of downtown Portland), and a brand new monster of place, opening out in Beaverton or Hillsboro, that I think is called Big Al's or something like that. Post again closer to your visit and I'll let you know where the OU Club is, and give you the exact names of the places. :D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
8/19/2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks, everyone! I knew I could count on my SoonerFans peeps.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/25/2010, 03:53 PM
Hi, we live in Portland, and we've got a small OU Club that meets for games. I'm not sure which bar we've chosen to grace with our presence this year, but I should know soon. There are good sports bars all over town, including Claudia's that was mentioned, there's a nice one in the Pearl District (very chic chic are of downtown Portland), and a brand new monster of place, opening out in Beaverton or Hillsboro, that I think is called Big Al's or something like that. Post again closer to your visit and I'll let you know where the OU Club is, and give you the exact names of the places. :D

Hey Duck Hunter:

Any info for me on where to watch the game with other Sooners next weekend? I think my hotel is in or near the Pearl District.

THANKS!!!

ouduckhunter
9/25/2010, 04:33 PM
Hi, yes I've got the information on where OU's meeting, etc., and I'll pm you in the next day or two. Iwould do it now, but I'm too giddy over some of these games on right now!

Boomer!!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/25/2010, 04:53 PM
SOONER!!

Thanks!!!