PDA

View Full Version : Ronnell Lewis Question

Boomer38Sooner
8/18/2010, 09:19 PM
I have been watching the videos on soonersports.com, and I am not seeing him in the linebacker drills... I know that they are working him in a lot as a stand up DE... Is he making a permanent move to DE or is he just practicing with them more to get the position down?

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 10:13 PM
they want to use him in passing situations as a DE and sub out a defensive tackle.

Boomer38Sooner
8/18/2010, 10:28 PM
So will he see time at LB?

gaylordfan1
8/18/2010, 11:11 PM
i've noticed this too. he is pretty much working exclusivly with the d-line. they have him at SLB in the 4-3 and the DE in the 3-4. guess we will be in nickel more than we think.

rawlingsHOH
8/19/2010, 01:21 AM
i've noticed this too. he is pretty much working exclusivly with the d-line. they have him at SLB in the 4-3 and the DE in the 3-4. guess we will be in nickel more than we think.

I'd say Clayton was about 2/3s nickelback, 1/3 linebacker last year. So this isn't surprising.

w0lfe
8/19/2010, 07:36 AM
Anyone else ready for the season, or is it just me???

Sam.England
8/19/2010, 07:46 AM
Anyone else ready for the season, or is it just me???

Cannot wait, each day is dragging more and more! Roll on some Sooner Football!

Mad Dog Madsen
8/19/2010, 08:51 AM
So will he see time at LB?

Don't panic... Just breathe. He's still a LB but trying to polish his DE skills. Ronnell being closer to the line of scrimmage has got to be pretty darn scary for opposing QB's. :D

gaylordfan1
8/19/2010, 09:24 AM
I'd say Clayton was about 2/3s nickelback, 1/3 linebacker last year. So this isn't surprising.

Hmmmm, my only thought on this is Clayton never went to the DE spot and stayed at the LB position at all times. We all knew R. Lewis was going to get PT at the DE spot. A position he has spent the entire fall practicing. The word on the streets was that T. Jefferson was going to be the SLB in the nickel.... but I haven't seen him practicing with the LB's. I've heard Jefferson was the pick at that position over Ibiloye. But Ibiloye is only getting playing time with the LB's. Who knows, we only get 30-60 sec clips of these positions practicing. We don't have a clue what really happens during practice.

KantoSooner
8/19/2010, 09:24 AM
Not to mention haunting the dreams of running backs who are ordered to slide out and catch the bubble screen; all the while knowing The Hammer's gentle greeting is headed their way.

gaylordfan1
8/19/2010, 09:29 AM
His hits are PILLOW SOFT!

http://www.duvetduck.com/upload/products/5/4.jpg

rawlingsHOH
8/19/2010, 09:34 AM
The word on the streets was that T. Jefferson was going to be the SLB in the nickel.... but I haven't seen him practicing with the LB's.
because, not sure how to word this, but the SLB becomes the nickel position and it isn't an inside the box linebacker role. he's well outside, over the slot receiver, where keenan played last year in the nickel. though keenan gave us the luxury of also being able to go inside the box and play a tradition SLB over the TE.

though when we played physical teams like KSU, Nebraska and Stanford we modified our philosophy. Against Stanford, Ronnell, I believe, played SLB. Against KSU and Nebraska Reynolds often moved over to SLB and Box entered the game at MLB, to give us a more physical front 7.