PDA

View Full Version : What is the best wing sauce?

royalfan5
8/18/2010, 02:16 PM
One of the joints here in town has an apricot sauce that is fantastic. I've always prefered Asian or Caribbean sauces as a general rule over the basic hot wing sauces. Dipped in blue cheese as well.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:19 PM
Trappey's, tub butter, and garlic. Melted and mixed in a microwave.

Louisiana will work in a pinch.

saucysoonergal
8/18/2010, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry this is a not a political thread. Please don't post anything interesting in here. ;)

I like honey bbq myself or Teriyaki.

JohnnyMack
8/18/2010, 02:23 PM
Wings should have hot sauce on them. All that garlic, parmesan and teriyaki horse **** is for chicks and the SicEm's of this world.

BillyBall
8/18/2010, 02:23 PM
Wings should have hot sauce on them. All that garlic, parmesan and teriyaki horse **** is for chicks and the SicEm's of this world.

I have to agree with JM on this.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:24 PM
All of which have vaginas.

JohnnyMack
8/18/2010, 02:24 PM
All of which have vaginas.

Cooking. Cleaning. Vaginas.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:25 PM
The Three C's of Womanhood.

C&CDean
8/18/2010, 02:28 PM
Louisiana actually makes a hot wing sauce that's not bad.

I have to admit though, momma just cooks the wings and I dip them in BWW Blazing and then blue cheese. It's good, and it's easy. If we go to BWW for wings, I order them hot with blazing on the side to dip them into. And yes, momma gets those asian spice or some other chick wings cause she does indeed have the 3 C's going for her.

C&CDean
8/18/2010, 02:29 PM
One other thing. Ranch does NOT go on wings.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:30 PM
Thank you.

Someone should be designated to go around popping people in the earhole who dip their wings in ranch.

And in the off hours of the day when people aren't eating hot wings with ranch, they keep their skills up by popping Dewey Bartlett.

stoopified
8/18/2010, 04:22 PM
You blue cheese Nazis can go F yourself,Blue cheese is nasty,ranch rules. As for sauce I like teriyaki,medium,hot,honeybbq.

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 04:23 PM
Ranch is for veggie trays.

tommieharris91
8/18/2010, 05:00 PM
Those other sauces are for nuggets. Gimme some hot or whatever every time. No ranch, ever. Always try at least one without bleu cheese.

Fraggle145
8/18/2010, 05:07 PM
I'd get bleu cheese more often if people would ever make the **** right... Half the time when you get it it tastes like all the **** they used to preserve it. In other words it tastes like liquid plastic and soap.

Viking Kitten
8/18/2010, 05:08 PM
Dang, this thread is making me hungry. Hot, hot, hot with blue cheese on the side. Anything else is not a Buffalo wing.

Oldnslo
8/18/2010, 05:13 PM
I like the BWW Mango/Habanero, but BWW also now has some dry rub wings that are pretty good and much easier on the napkins. The Chipotle one is pretty tasty.

soonerborn30
8/18/2010, 07:51 PM
Hooters 3 Mile are pretty tasty. Nothing beats a good homemade sauce with Louisiana, though.

A Sooner in Texas
8/18/2010, 08:03 PM
Wingstop - at least the one near me - has outstanding Bleu Cheese, some of the freshest and best I've had. And I'm tres picky about Bleu Cheese. If they'd bottle it, I'd stock up.

Chuck Bao
8/18/2010, 08:27 PM
There is no question in my mind that the best dipping sauce for wings is nam jim jowl, which has to be fresh and cannot be bottled or stored. It is a mix of fish sauce, lime juice, coarsely ground Thai chili peppers and burnt sticky rice kernels. Unfortunately, I can't make it myself because of the last ingredient.

This thread has made me so hungry that I am going out now to pick up some grilled chicken wings and nam jim jowl at a nearby street vendor for breakfast.

JohnnyMack
8/18/2010, 08:48 PM
Dang, this thread is making me hungry. Hot, hot, hot with blue cheese on the side. Anything else is not a Buffalo wing.

How you doin'?

MrJimBeam
8/19/2010, 06:05 AM
Frank's RedHot with melted butter in sauce pan.

SoonerAtKU
8/19/2010, 08:38 AM
... burnt sticky rice kernels. Unfortunately, I can't make it myself because of the last ingredient.

You can't burn rice?

All kidding aside, I make mine with Louisiana or Frank's and butter, heated low to keep it from breaking and turning oily. A dab of honey right before the wings get coated just to even out the vinegar flavor. Served with blue cheese dressing.

The key for mine is to lightly dust the wings in seasoned flour after seasoning the wings themselves. Then fry them 6 at a time for 9-10 minutes. I've seen recipes that recommend a 17-20 minute fry time. This confuses the hell out of me, because I'm not making chicken wing jerky here, I'd like to be able to actually eat the meat. How long do you all fry your wings?

JohnnyMack
8/19/2010, 09:35 AM
A dab of honey right before the wings get coated just to even out the vinegar flavor.

Another trick similar to that is to lightly squeeze half an orange into the sauce.

SoonerAtKU
8/19/2010, 11:24 AM
Another trick similar to that is to lightly squeeze half an orange into the sauce.

Now THAT I have not tried. I might make two batches next time to see how I like it.

Good call.

sooner59
8/19/2010, 11:28 AM
I like the BWW Mango/Habanero, but BWW also now has some dry rub wings that are pretty good and much easier on the napkins. The Chipotle one is pretty tasty.

I am also a fan of the mango-habanero. Caribbean jerk from there is legit, too. But you can never go wrong with just plane hot wing sauce. And I am a fan of ranch, but like Fraggle said, if they make the blue cheese right, it ain't bad. But I only use it if I get a hold of some wings that are too damn hot. But I like spicy, so thats not often.

Fraggle145
8/19/2010, 01:09 PM
I went to BWW last night because of this thread. I got drunk and laid too. It was a good night.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/19/2010, 03:25 PM
What's his name?

JohnnyMack
8/19/2010, 03:35 PM
What's his name?

Anyone seen SicEm today?

C&CDean
8/19/2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah, he's nursing a ruptured sphincter.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/19/2010, 04:40 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/sci_nat_cloning_hall_of_fame/img/1.jpg

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2010, 05:44 PM
I've actually never eaten a buffalo wing.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/19/2010, 05:52 PM
I was gonna fix that last post, but even I can't be that mean.

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2010, 05:53 PM
I was gonna fix that last post, but even I can't be that mean.

Sure you can. ;)

kbsooner21
8/19/2010, 06:34 PM
I'm a fan of the Spicy Garlic and Hot BBQ at BWW

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 06:39 PM

I usually just go with chicken wings, but buffalo are meatier.

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2010, 06:58 PM
I usually just go with chicken wings, but buffalo are meatier.

Wings are dark meat, right? That's why I've never had them. I hate dark meat.

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 07:19 PM
Shocking from a confederate like you!

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2010, 07:30 PM
Wings are dark meat, right? That's why I've never had them. I hate dark meat.

No. They're not.

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2010, 07:42 PM
No. They're not.

Well, I need to try one then.

Chuck Bao
8/19/2010, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I can't stomach white meat anymore. When I order KFC, it has to be all drumsticks and wings. There are so much chemies and growth hormones involved now that the white meat is so unnatural and it just freaks my **** out. At least the legs and wings I can recognize as maybe used by a real chicken.

SicEmBaylor
8/19/2010, 08:14 PM
Honestly, I can't stomach white meat anymore. When I order KFC, it has to be all drumsticks and wings. There are so much chemies and growth hormones involved now that the white meat is so unnatural and it just freaks my **** out. At least the legs and wings I can recognize as maybe used by a real chicken.

Have you seen a pic of me? I would likely be better off if I were drinking gallons of growth hormone on a daily basis.

JohnnyMack
8/19/2010, 08:19 PM
It's the progeria.

Chuck Bao
8/19/2010, 08:34 PM
Have you seen a pic of me? I would likely be better off if I were drinking gallons of growth hormone on a daily basis.

You don't really mean that. You are a young handsome man and you'll get your choice of young buxom blondes when you get your political consultancy business going. Until then, and as a fellow former Baylor student, I would hate to see you start sprouting feathers. Don't eat the chicken.

Fraggle145
8/20/2010, 01:54 AM

But he really likes the bleu cheese dressing...

Crucifax Autumn
8/20/2010, 05:36 AM
Yeah, but he either calls it "blue" cheese or freedom cheese dressing instead of sounding all frenchie and ****.

King Crimson
8/20/2010, 08:23 AM
i bought a bunch of Stubbs' Wing sauce on clearance at the grocery (half price) and have been roasting chickens with it all summer--i kick it up with rosemary and sliced garlic and more black pepper. it's per cooking more than dipping, but gives a nice flavor....even though it's from Austin.

also very good is Janet's Original Jerk marinade but i'm on my last bottle and the store doesn't carry it anymore.