PDA

View Full Version : I really like this kid....

gaylordfan1
8/18/2010, 09:32 AM
You gotta love this kids love for the game!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20100818_92_B1_CUTLIN729686

sooner n houston
8/18/2010, 10:15 AM
Yep, good read!

badger
8/18/2010, 10:15 AM
My name's Arthur, but everyone around here calls me Wort.

Sam.England
8/18/2010, 10:27 AM
Whats not to like... Is going to be an all out wrecking machine in the middle of that OU defense this season! Heads are gonna roll, and bodies are going to be broke!

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 10:30 AM
darn, i thought this thread was about me

stoopified
8/18/2010, 10:43 AM
If Ronnell is THE HAMMER,does this make Wort THE ANVIL?

sooneron
8/18/2010, 10:44 AM
Who negged Sam into bolivian?

badger
8/18/2010, 10:44 AM

As long as we don't become known as "The Tool Box" to opponents with all these nicknames ;)

soonerborn30
8/18/2010, 11:57 AM
http://ledetesteur.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/neidhart.jpg

SunnySooner
8/18/2010, 05:49 PM
Y'all click on Sam's link, I didn't know that had American football in Britain!! And it "is the only University sport where an ambulance and paramedic have to be pitch side throughout the game."

THE PITCH!! That's allsome!! Welcome to Owen Pitch!!! Nope, just doesn't sound quite right, but I'm sure it sounds just fine to the Brits. Cool link, following Tom as a Brit playing for the legendary Sooners.

And Tom will be fine, Austin is great, but he's been fragile from the start. He needs to take care of his back, it would not be cool to be in debilitating pain at 30, just to "be tough". Constant pain is not fun. At all. None. Avoid at all costs.

Sam.England
8/18/2010, 06:08 PM
Y'all click on Sam's link, I didn't know that had American football in Britain!! And it "is the only University sport where an ambulance and paramedic have to be pitch side throughout the game."

THE PITCH!! That's allsome!! Welcome to Owen Pitch!!! Nope, just doesn't sound quite right, but I'm sure it sounds just fine to the Brits. Cool link, following Tom as a Brit playing for the legendary Sooners.

Pitch/Field/Turf its all the same thing, just a different name ;) Glad you got some amusement out of it tho! And yeh Football in Britain is growing quite nicely each year, more and more teams and players!

StoopTroup
8/18/2010, 06:13 PM
Jim Rhome is burning turf?

http://www.oldandinteresting.com/images/peat%20fire%20blackhouse.jpg

olevetonahill
8/18/2010, 07:42 PM

Weren't me , I just looked a bunch of his posts and dint see nuthin neg worthy in any of em
So Sam have some more Green ;)

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 08:03 PM
Tom wants to meet Garret, cant wait!

sooneron
8/18/2010, 08:31 PM
Weren't me , I just looked a bunch of his posts and dint see nuthin neg worthy in any of em

Yeah, it must have been someone noobalicious, b/c I turned him from orange to lotta green with one stroke of the pen.

prrriiide
8/18/2010, 08:57 PM

I was just thinkin' that earlier today. Creepy. Get outta muh hedd...

:pop:

Chuck Bao
8/18/2010, 11:05 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Tom Wort be a dominating force on defense.

And, spek to Sam for providing that link. It would be so tremendous to have an international following of OU football, besides transplanted Okies.

Sam.England
8/19/2010, 09:50 AM
I am looking forward to seeing Tom Wort be a dominating force on defense.

And, spek to Sam for providing that link. It would be so tremendous to have an international following of OU football, besides transplanted Okies.

Oh there are a few of us around I'm sure from around the World! But im trying to spread the word! Boomer!

Mad Dog Madsen
8/19/2010, 10:37 AM

That's a first! :D j/k j/k

gaylordfan1
8/19/2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the link SAM. I hadn't seen that first highlight film before. I'm even more impressed with him. I keep trying to get this to stick.... His nickname is "TOM THE BOMB"

http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/list/506/889bomb.jpg

Sam.England
8/19/2010, 10:45 AM

Yeah, it must have been someone noobalicious, b/c I turned him from orange to lotta green with one stroke of the pen.

I had no idea what that meant til about 15 minutes ago.... so thanks guys!

Chuck Bao
8/19/2010, 10:52 AM
Oh there are a few of us around I'm sure from around the World! But im trying to spread the word! Boomer!

SOONER!

I occasionally see someone wear an OU hat or t-shirt in Bangkok and I will always yell in a loud, gruff voice "boomer" and I scare the hell out of everyone else standing or walking nearby.

Back on topic, I hope Tom gets his degree at OU and then goes on to kick *** in the NFL and be an international ambassador for the sport.

Mad Dog Madsen
8/19/2010, 10:52 AM
I had no idea what that meant til about 15 minutes ago.... so thanks guys!

Look in your User CP and tell us who it was so we can all neg him back! :D

Sam.England
8/19/2010, 10:55 AM
I occasionally see someone wear an OU hat or t-shirt in Bangkok and I will always yell in a loud, gruff voice "boomer" and I scare the hell out of everyone else standing or walking nearby.

Back on topic, I hope Tom gets his degree at OU and then goes on to kick *** in the NFL and be an international ambassador for the sport.

To be honest over here i only every see Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texfags and Floridian attire! Never seen another Sooner fan!

And yes back to tom. Lets hope he can make it all the way to the NFL, but lets be greedy and get a great 4 years from him first :)

Sam.England
8/19/2010, 10:56 AM
Oh man, my pc froze and double posted!

Mad Dog Madsen
8/19/2010, 10:57 AM
Could you repeat that?

Sam.England
8/19/2010, 11:00 AM
Look in your User CP and tell us who it was so we can all neg him back! :D

Name and shame... maybe :D

soonerloyal
8/19/2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W2dNWN2zhM

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-W2dNWN2zhM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;col or2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-W2dNWN2zhM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;col or2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

I can't seem to embed anything from youtube...I type whateverthecodeishere , but it doesn't work. Help please?

oudavid1
8/19/2010, 07:31 PM
-W2dNWN2zhM
I can't seem to embed anything from youtube...I type...Help please?

Whats up!

soonerloyal
8/19/2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks, doll! :O

SoonerRedHead
8/19/2010, 07:53 PM
Sam, you are the 2nd Sooner fan that I know from the U.K., the other one is also named Sam! And, btw, I wear my Sooner gear in London, Paris, Madrid, Zurich, Rome...

Love the color of Tom's hair!;)

Its great you are a Sooner!

goingoneight
8/19/2010, 10:25 PM
To be honest over here i only every see Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texfags and Floridian attire! Never seen another Sooner fan!

And yes back to tom. Lets hope he can make it all the way to the NFL, but lets be greedy and get a great 4 years from him first :)

If'n you wanna make the hop-skip-and-a-jump over to Budapest, my Hungarian friends loaded up on Sooner stuff when they were here a few weeks ago. I took them to a game back in 2003 before they left, and they loved it. They didn't really understand it, but they loved the atmosphere and watching the big plays. They asked about OU when they surprise-visited me a few weeks back, and asked where they could get a hat. I have to be honest, every Christmas, birthday and anything else people think of me they think of OU. I had all kinds of OU stuff to give 'em. haha

I told them when they traveled down to Houston to wear it and tell the locals in their crazy Euro accents that the whorns suck. :D

BTW, I was just looking for a reason to tell this story. :D

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 10:33 PM
heh...Conquering the world, one hungarian at a time!

Sam.England
8/20/2010, 02:38 AM
Sam, you are the 2nd Sooner fan that I know from the U.K., the other one is also named Sam! And, btw, I wear my Sooner gear in London, Paris, Madrid, Zurich, Rome...

Love the color of Tom's hair!;)

Its great you are a Sooner!

Its a great name thats why, and we have some sence to support a great team! Oh i wear my AD Sooners Jersey all the time around, need to really get me a Murray or Bradford one tho, unless they ever do a #21 then im all over it!

Yeh the red Mohawk was awesome! loved it!

If'n you wanna make the hop-skip-and-a-jump over to Budapest, my Hungarian friends loaded up on Sooner stuff when they were here a few weeks ago. I took them to a game back in 2003 before they left, and they loved it.

Its another place I think we want to visit, its all just about the $$! ANd yeh gear is sooo expensive to ship over, all the ebay sellers want a small fortune to ship something like a tshirt or cap!

I told them when they traveled down to Houston to wear it and tell the locals in their crazy Euro accents that the whorns suck. :D

BTW, I was just looking for a reason to tell this story. :D

Now that would be funny to hear, they may get linched tho! And great story, glad to see the International Sooner Nation is growing!

gaylordfan1
8/20/2010, 10:13 AM
He gets into the backfield so fast its hard to know when he is blitzing or not. I wonder how many HS kids he hurt? Some of those hits were just nasty.