PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi wants investigations on those that oppose

ddub0224
8/18/2010, 07:58 AM
It is unAmerican to warrant an investigation as to where the funding for the Ground Zero mosque is coming from, BUT it is ok to start an investigation of where funding is coming from for those that oppose the mosque. Putting aside your feelings about the mosque, how does this make sense in someone's head?!?!?!?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/aug/17/audio-rep-pelosi-calls-investigation-wtc-mosque-op/

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 08:04 AM
LEave both sides alone as far as I'm concerned.

This thing is getting ridiculous IMO. Hell, now there's news out that Karen Hughes actually worked on anti-terror publicity with the dude running the mosque.

Time to move on to less important things like the economy, jobs, and all that other trivial BS.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/18/2010, 08:31 AM
When, oh when will we be rid of this woman??? I hope her karma backlog comes a calling...

sooneron
8/18/2010, 09:03 AM
IT

IS

NOT

A

MOSQUE.

IT

IS

NOT

THAT

CLOSE

TO

GROUND

ZERO.

MOST

OF

YOU

HILLBILLIES

WOULDN"T

BE

ABLE

TO

FIND

IT

IF

YOU

HAD

TO

WITH

A

MAP.

texaspokieokie
8/18/2010, 09:08 AM
yes we would, with a good map.

sooneron
8/18/2010, 09:15 AM
Doubtful, takin' in all them tall buildins and such. I bump into the Gawkers on an all too frequent basis each day.

sooneron
8/18/2010, 09:15 AM
and I hate Pelosi.

Scott D
8/18/2010, 12:05 PM
don't forget get my friend, it's ok to have a titty bar between this place and Ground Zero. ;)

OklahomaTuba
8/18/2010, 01:08 PM
IT
IS
NOT
A
MOSQUE.

Nice try, but even the muzzies are calling it a mosque.

And its 500 ft from the world trade center.

Oh, and it was damaged in the attack as well.

OklahomaTuba
8/18/2010, 01:14 PM
It is unAmerican to warrant an investigation as to where the funding for the Ground Zero mosque is coming from, BUT it is ok to start an investigation of where funding is coming from for those that oppose the mosque.

Only makes perfect sense to the lunatic fringe. A very small minority at this point, but a loud one.

ndpruitt03
8/18/2010, 01:50 PM
The democrats would have been smart if they just stayed out of this issue all together. I think most Americans think this is a slap in the face. Of course everyone knows they have the right to build a mosque there. But this is not about that it's about the right. I would think most Muslims would want to stay as far away from that area as possible because it's a site people in the name of their religion killed thousands of people.

olevetonahill
8/18/2010, 01:57 PM
http://realtopekapeople.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/back.jpg

Oh NOES :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sooneron
8/18/2010, 02:34 PM

It is not a mosque. A mosque can ONLY be used for prayer/worship. Not for basketball and cooking classes. That 500 ft Might be as the crow flies, though you have a habit of posting crap that is stretched well beyond the truth.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:41 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/promos/politics/blog/05blog-pelosi533.jpg

Check out those gams!

Frozen Sooner
8/18/2010, 02:43 PM
It is unAmerican to warrant an investigation as to where the funding for the Ground Zero mosque is coming from, BUT it is ok to start an investigation of where funding is coming from for those that oppose the mosque. Putting aside your feelings about the mosque, how does this make sense in someone's head?!?!?!?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/aug/17/audio-rep-pelosi-calls-investigation-wtc-mosque-op/

I guess you didn't catch where she said that she wants transparency on the funding of the center?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:49 PM
http://24ahead.com/images/nancy-pelosi.jpg

Check out that rack!

Tulsa_Fireman
8/18/2010, 02:52 PM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1//2009/03/pitt-pelosi/brad-pitt-nancy-pelosi-make-it-right-03.jpg

Ohhhhhh yeah.

47straight
8/18/2010, 03:05 PM
IT

IS

NOT

A

MOSQUE.

IT

IS

NOT

THAT

CLOSE

TO

GROUND

ZERO.

MOST

OF

YOU

HILLBILLIES

WOULDN"T

BE

ABLE

TO

FIND

IT

IF

YOU

HAD

TO

WITH

A

MAP.

Is that why, when I plugged in the address into google maps to see for myself, the nearest landmark that popped up was the world trade center subway stop?

ddub0224
8/18/2010, 03:14 PM
I guess you didn't catch where she said that she wants transparency on the funding of the center?

No I did not. Please show me where she said that and how it can be achieved.

Frozen Sooner
8/18/2010, 03:16 PM
No I did not. Please show me where she said that and how it can be achieved.

In the link you posted.

“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center.'"

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 04:00 PM
Damn Froze, not only law but they are teaching you reading comprehension down there too?

Frozen Sooner
8/18/2010, 04:06 PM
To be totally fair, it was an update that may have posted after he linked it. No timestamp on the update.

ddub0224
8/18/2010, 04:09 PM
In the link you posted.

That was changed this afternoon to what she is now saying today (that's the trouble with posting a link to a blog). That line was not in the oringal link I posted this morning from her quote yesterday. See the headline "Pelosi walls back mosque investigation remarks"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/aug/18/pelosi-walks-back-investigation-plans/

ddub0224
8/18/2010, 04:09 PM
thank you froze - just saw that you posted the same thing.

LosAngelesSooner
8/18/2010, 04:15 PM
Freedom of religion, people. This is America. You don't like it? Get the eff out.

And quit attacking our Constitution, everyone who's against freedom of religion.

Why do you all hate America?

(insert other ironic yet appropriate comebacks here)

49r
8/18/2010, 04:29 PM
blimey

47straight
8/18/2010, 05:19 PM
Freedom of religion, people. This is America. You don't like it? Get the eff out.

And quit attacking our Constitution, everyone who's against freedom of religion.

Why do you all hate America?

(insert other ironic yet appropriate comebacks here)

I didn't realize the original poster was Congress. Who knew?

LosAngelesSooner
8/18/2010, 05:39 PM
I didn't get a "harrumph" outta that guy...

stoopified
8/18/2010, 06:14 PM
Has Nancy changed her name? I hear the reference F pelosi so often I was just wondering. :D

StoopTroup
8/18/2010, 06:30 PM
There

Is

No

World

Trade

Center

It

Is

Gone

Now

FYI

Frozen Sooner
8/18/2010, 07:43 PM
I didn't realize the original poster was Congress. Who knew?

Something I've been scratching my head about on one level with this debate is when disapprobation by government officials becomes state action in a meaningful enough sense to sound in the Establishment Clause instead of Free Exercise. Obviously, you're right, the OP and the numerous people objecting to the whatever-you-want-to-call-it aren't state actors and the right to build the wywtci is firmly established. But, say, if Gov. Patterson were to wade in and say that it would be inappropriate to build wywtci there, is he expressing official disapproval of a religion?

I don't think it is, and I think Art. VI guarantees to officeholders a strong right to hold and express religious views without establishing religion, I just think it's an interesting thought.

SCOUT
8/18/2010, 07:47 PM
If they investigate those who oppose the mosque, assuming there is some cabal, what is the intended end game? Will there be extra IRS audits? Will Nancy imprison them for a dissenting view? I would just like to understand what her goals would be.

Perhaps we could expand that line of thinking beyond this issue.

sooneron
8/18/2010, 08:39 PM
Is that why, when I plugged in the address into google maps to see for myself, the nearest landmark that popped up was the world trade center subway stop?

The WTC subway stop empties out onto about a 5 block radius. There are a crapload of entrances for that station, as there are three train lines that converge there. And to be honest, the Park Pl station is on that block, IIRC. It is linked via underground tunnel to two other stations, again, IIRC.

The Remnant
8/18/2010, 09:00 PM
The question is not can they build a mosque but should they build a mosque.
This is not a question for wannabe lawyers.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2010, 12:17 AM
The question is not can they build a mosque but should they build a mosque.
This is not a question for wannabe lawyers.

No kidding, guy. Maybe if you'd spent some time getting an education instead of criticizing those who are, you'd have been able to figure out that I was agreeing that there wasn't any Free Exercise issue involved and that even the expressions of official disapproval didn't create any constitutional issue.

47straight
8/19/2010, 01:19 AM
Something I've been scratching my head about on one level with this debate is when disapprobation by government officials becomes state action in a meaningful enough sense to sound in the Establishment Clause instead of Free Exercise. Obviously, you're right, the OP and the numerous people objecting to the whatever-you-want-to-call-it aren't state actors and the right to build the wywtci is firmly established. But, say, if Gov. Patterson were to wade in and say that it would be inappropriate to build wywtci there, is he expressing official disapproval of a religion?

I don't think it is, and I think Art. VI guarantees to officeholders a strong right to hold and express religious views without establishing religion, I just think it's an interesting thought.

I agree that it is an interesting thought, but it seems like there's been plenty o' disapproval of religion by political figures, both the present day and in the distant past.

But the way I see it, both the chattering masses and officials have publicly condemned or chastised plenty of groups and individuals who were exercising their free speech. No real difference here. The argument is about what's socially acceptable, not what's legally allowed.

And I think it matters a lot to me that the founder of this mosque is a Sufi.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2010, 01:33 AM
I agree that it is an interesting thought, but it seems like there's been plenty o' disapproval of religion by political figures, both the present day and in the distant past.

Yeah, I agree, I just wonder if there's ever a point where it becomes an official disapproval under the endorsement test. It'd have to be pretty far out there and pretty explicitly in the person's official capacity--way farther than anyone's gone in this particular deal.

But the way I see it, both the chattering masses and officials have publicly condemned or chastised plenty of groups and individuals who were exercising their free speech. No real difference here.

Agreed. Maybe we get to a level where official disapproval reaches "chilling effect"? Again, WAY further than we've gotten here or in any time in our history.

The argument is about what's socially acceptable, not what's legally allowed.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well.

And I think it matters a lot to me that the founder of this mosque is a Sufi.

I can't keep which faction we don't like (or doesn't like us, more to the point) straight from day to day. I remember when we thought the Sunnis were the "good" Muslims.

47straight
8/19/2010, 01:35 AM
The WTC subway stop empties out onto about a 5 block radius. There are a crapload of entrances for that station, as there are three train lines that converge there. And to be honest, the Park Pl station is on that block, IIRC. It is linked via underground tunnel to two other stations, again, IIRC.

All I know is I had actually done what the bad.internet.meme. user said we wouldn't know how to do, I had thought it wouldn't really be that close, and was honestly jarred when the words "World Trade Center" popped up right over it, albeit for the subway stop.

47straight
8/19/2010, 01:38 AM
I can't keep which faction we don't like (or doesn't like us, more to the point) straight from day to day. I remember when we thought the Sunnis were the "good" Muslims.

Sufis, if I get this right, are more mystical in their practice and interpretation, sort of an equivalent of a Jesus-freak. They get beat down by the Sunnis and the Shi'ites overseas.

The Remnant
8/19/2010, 01:41 AM
Frozen Sooner. Why are you so touchy? I never mentioned you by name. You are way too thin-skinned. A second year law student can do much better than this.

Frozen Sooner
8/19/2010, 01:48 AM
Frozen Sooner. Why are you so touchy? I never mentioned you by name. You are way too thin-skinned. A second year law student can do much better than this.

Hm, let's see. You sent me an insulting PM using the exact same phrase referring to the last post I had made in this thread. Gosh, I wonder why I supposed you were referring to me in that post?

Jacie
8/19/2010, 11:44 AM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jj1//2009/03/pitt-pelosi/brad-pitt-nancy-pelosi-make-it-right-03.jpg

Ohhhhhh yeah.

Ummm, my thought here is that those of you who think Nancy Pelosi is hawt should cut back on your drinking . . .

jkjsooner
8/19/2010, 12:10 PM
Of course everyone knows they have the right to build a mosque there.

The problem is that everyone doesn't know that. From the quotes I've read from Gingrich and Palin it seems clear to me that they do not know that the Muslims have a right to build it.

jkjsooner
8/19/2010, 12:21 PM
No kidding, guy. Maybe if you'd spent some time getting an education instead of criticizing those who are, you'd have been able to figure out that I was agreeing that there wasn't any Free Exercise issue involved and that even the expressions of official disapproval didn't create any constitutional issue.

Maybe they haven't created any constitutional issues, but many of them sure are attempting to force other public officials into creating constitutional issues.

I'm not saying the likes of Gingrich or Palin (or even some current govt officials) are already breaking the law, but why in the world are they saying what they're saying? "Until Saudi Arabia allows xxx we should not allow yyy." Sure, they have a right to say that but who are they trying to influence?

To put a spin on a phrase used often in this debate, it's not whether they have a right to say it but whether they should say it.

King Barry's Back
8/20/2010, 05:04 AM

Technically, the developers are calling it a "community center" with a mosque inside of it.

That's like saying the Cathedral of Notre Dame is a concert hall with a church inside of it. My church back in Henryetta used to do bean dinners in the basement. Did that make it a restaurant with a church upstairs?

If a Muslim center has a mosque, the place is a mosque. All places of worship have other uses besides just hearing sermons.

Besides, pretty much every mosque, at least in the West, is a place for Muslims to meet and greet with people of a similar culture in a strange land -- making every one of them both a mosque and a cultural center.

And it ain't that hard to find a location when I got the address (I believe it is now Park51) and google map. I can even get an overhead satellite shot of the site.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/20/2010, 09:30 AM
I saw a photo where someone had a sign that mulims build mosques at sites of victories. Is that true? Dome of the Rock type thing? If so, this is extremely insensitive and should be stopped on civility grounds alone.

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 01:55 PM
Technically, the developers are calling it a "community center" with a mosque inside of it.

That's like saying the Cathedral of Notre Dame is a concert hall with a church inside of it. My church back in Henryetta used to do bean dinners in the basement. Did that make it a restaurant with a church upstairs?

If a Muslim center has a mosque, the place is a mosque. All places of worship have other uses besides just hearing sermons.

Besides, pretty much every mosque, at least in the West, is a place for Muslims to meet and greet with people of a similar culture in a strange land -- making every one of them both a mosque and a cultural center.

And it ain't that hard to find a location when I got the address (I believe it is now Park51) and google map. I can even get an overhead satellite shot of the site.At least get your analogy correct.

It would be more like if your private school had a chapel. Would that chapel make the whole school a church? NO.

This place is basketball courts, gyms, rec rooms, classrooms, day care, etc., and just happens to have a prayer center in it.

Your analogy was deliberately poor.

And this whole "debate" is effing retarded. It's a freaking community center. Period. And last I checked this is the U.S. of A. and we're guaranteed religious freedom. PERIOD.

The same jackholes on the ultra-right who are picking and choosing which parts of the Constitution they want to protect are the same ones who pick and choose which Bible verses they want to acknowledge. And it is that shoddy reasoning that makes not only their reasoning (if you can call it that) flawed, but also makes their entire "movement" hypocritical.

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 01:57 PM
I saw a photo where someone had a sign that mulims build mosques at sites of victories. Is that true? Dome of the Rock type thing? If so, this is extremely insensitive and should be stopped on civility grounds alone.Jesus...take 5 seconds and do th tiniest amount of research before you blindly repeat the baseless talking points that Beck and Rush are blasting out.

This is nonsense.

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 02:08 PM
Getting a little testy. Think its time to....

http://www.spike.com/video/simmer-down-now/2800350

Viking Kitten
8/20/2010, 02:11 PM
Serious question for those who believe building this mosque/community center/whatever "should be stopped." Exactly who should do the stopping?

Howzit
8/20/2010, 02:14 PM
Serious question for those who believe building this mosque/community center/whatever "should be stopped." Exactly who should do the stopping?

The Muslims wishing to build it. They should be a little more sensitive to why this is such a hot topic.

I'm not reading this whole thread, but I think I heard on the radio that it planned to be opened on Sep 11. Surely that's BS...

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 02:15 PM
Why should they stop it? They didn't do anything wrong. Aren't they allowed to love America as much as we are?

And can't they put their OWN lives at risk by building a community center in a high target area just like we Christians already have?

The only...ONLY reason this is a "hot topic" is because there are a bunch of really freakin' ignorant people in this country who get mad about anything "different" from them.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:17 PM

Not the government, they can't do anything right. I say leave it to the private sector. The private sector can lynch 50% more Muslims, and generate 75% more false outrage than the government can.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:19 PM
The only...ONLY reason this is a "hot topic" is because there are a bunch of really freakin' ignorant people in this country who get mad about anything "different" from them.

No, it is a hot topic cause the Republicans don't want to talk about why they hate 9/11 first responders. By doing this, they can say "See, we care about the 9/11 victims" while voting down health care for 9/11 in a unified bloc.

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 02:24 PM
No, it is a hot topic cause the Republicans don't want to talk about why they hate 9/11 first responders. By doing this, they can say "See, we care about the 9/11 victims" while voting down health care for 9/11 in a unified bloc.
Kinda like how they blame the deficit on Obama's bail out and raise a stink about it but completely ignore Bush's bailout AND his horrendous spending, mismanaged wars, government expansion and ludicrous tax cuts which got us all into this problem in the first place?

They should do magic shows.

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 02:25 PM

WHAT!?!?!?! That's the equivalent of saying Obama wants the mosque built because he is involved in a secret plot to help muslims overtake the country.

Howzit
8/20/2010, 02:25 PM
Why should they stop it? They didn't do anything wrong. Aren't they allowed to love America as much as we are?

And can't they put their OWN lives at risk by building a community center in a high target area just like we Christians already have?

I explained this already. Reread it.

The fact that some people disagree with you and find this a hot topic does not make them ignorant.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:28 PM
Kinda like how they blame the deficit on Obama's bail out and raise a stink about it but completely ignore Bush's bailout AND his horrendous spending, mismanaged wars, government expansion and ludicrous tax cuts which got us all into this problem in the first place?

No, no, no. LAS, you got it wrong. They hated the way Bush spent money (like a drunken sailor on shore leave) too. They just conveniently decided to start saying that, and protesting government spending, until there was a democrat in office.

It really is a coincidence though. There would totally be a tea party, and people bitching about run away government spending if McCain and the Momma Moose (or whatever the f*** she is calling herself nowadays) had been elected. Honest LAS, for true.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:32 PM
WHAT!?!?!?! That's the equivalent of saying Obama wants the mosque built because he is involved in a secret plot to help muslims overtake the country.

Not really, but listen to Beck and Rush. THEY ARE SAYING THAT!!!!!!11!!1

So, you are saying that it is just another wild coincidence that the building of this community center, which is farther away from ground zero than several strip clubs, became such a "outrage" so long after it was announced at the same time the republican "NO" bloc voted against providing 9/11 first responders health care?

Boy, maybe the GOP shouldn't be called the party of "NO", but the party of "What a Coincidence" instead.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 02:34 PM

The fact that some people disagree with you and find this a hot topic does not make them ignorant.

No, it makes them Constitution haters, enemies of American Values, and friends of a Theocratic "Christian States of America"

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 02:40 PM

Obama = Bush. They are twins. Spending, big government, spenidng, mismanaged foreign affairs, bailouts, and more spending.

The tax cuts are not what got us into this mess in the first place. The housing bubble is the root of it all. This bubble began inflating in the 90s (Clinton) with mandatory lending to unqualified buyers - little something called subprime loans. Check out the revised Community Reinvestment Act. Then comes the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act in '99 (again Clinton, but this time with a Rep congress). Now enter the banks and MBS CDOs. Final straw: 9/11. Economy needs additional boost and there is push to inflate the housing market (Bush).

Look this has been a problem in the waiting. You could even go back to Carter if you really wanted to.

ddub0224
8/20/2010, 02:44 PM
Not really, but listen to Beck and Rush. THEY ARE SAYING THAT!!!!!!11!!1

So, you are saying that it is just another wild coincidence that the building of this community center, which is farther away from ground zero than several strip clubs, became such a "outrage" so long after it was announced at the same time the republican "NO" bloc voted against providing 9/11 first responders health care?

Boy, maybe the GOP shouldn't be called the party of "NO", but the party of "What a Coincidence" instead.

Man, you're jumping all over the place - hard to keep up. People are not againt the strip clubs because the planes weren't flown by stippers. They voted no against gov. health care. The Libs tried to put as much crap (8" high) in there to pressure Yes votes. Anyone who votes No then gets ridiculed for anything that is convenient.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/20/2010, 02:48 PM
Jesus...take 5 seconds and do th tiniest amount of research before you blindly repeat the baseless talking points that Beck and Rush are blasting out.

This is nonsense.

Hey LAS, this came from a photo I saw on a newspaper, not from a talk show host.

I asked the question, cause even on the 'net, and a "newspaper" it could have been 'shopped.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 03:02 PM
Man, you're jumping all over the place - hard to keep up. People are not againt the strip clubs because the planes weren't flown by stippers. They voted no against gov. health care. The Libs tried to put as much crap (8" high) in there to pressure Yes votes. Anyone who votes No then gets ridiculed for anything that is convenient.

Sorry, I have ADD, or ADHD, or whatever the f*** that fake a** "disease" is being called these days. I will try to organize my thoughts.

I have Drunk drivers on my mind right now so...

I would venture a bet that at least 77% (The % of the general population is Christian.) of drunk drivers are Christian. Do we rail against the Christian religion for the actions of these people? Ok, I know what you are thinking, "Drunk drivers don't drink cause Jesus tells em' to so your argument is wrong." Yeah ok, whatever. Islam says you can't drink. Maybe Mohamed didn't like people driving their camels drunk, and running them into innocent folks. IDK. Idea is roughly the same. Muslims fly planes into WTC= ISLAM BAD only if Christians drunkenly drive cars into innocent people = Christianity BAD.

And yes, they sure did vote against government healthcare. They voted against giving it the the 9/11 first responders who, to this day, suffer from serious health problems linked to their involvements on 9/11. Why is the **** would anyone on this earth need to be pressured into giving free healthcare to 9/11 first responders? WHY?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2010, 04:10 PM
I would venture a bet that at least 77% (The % of the general population is Christian.) of drunk drivers are Christian. Do we rail against the Christian religion for the actions of these people? Ok, I know what you are thinking, "Drunk drivers don't drink cause Jesus tells em' to so your argument is wrong." Yeah ok, whatever. Islam says you can't drink. Maybe Mohamed didn't like people driving their camels drunk, and running them into innocent folks. IDK. Idea is roughly the same. Muslims fly planes into WTC= ISLAM BAD only if Christians drunkenly drive cars into innocent people = Christianity BAD.

And yes, they sure did vote against government healthcare. They voted against giving it the the 9/11 first responders who, to this day, suffer from serious health problems linked to their involvements on 9/11. Why is the **** would anyone on this earth need to be pressured into giving free healthcare to 9/11 first responders? WHY?

A) Horrible analogy. This makes you a communist.

B) Because it's not free and people hate firemen.

Sooner_Havok
8/20/2010, 04:15 PM
A) Horrible analogy. This makes you a communist.

B) Because it's not free and people hate firemen.

A) Maybe, I have been known to where a lot of red.

B) Set up a "Give first responders healthcare" fund, and I will contribute. These people deserve more than 99% of the rest of the population.

B2) I hate firemen with the white hot passion of a thousand suns.

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 06:14 PM
WHAT!?!?!?! That's the equivalent of saying Obama wants the mosque built because he is involved in a secret plot to help muslims overtake the country.No. It's actually NOT.

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2010, 06:16 PM

The fact that some people disagree with you and find this a hot topic does not make them ignorant.Certainly it does.

Ignorant of what the Constitution says, ignorant of U.S. laws and ignorant of what the Founding Fathers intended regarding freedom of religion.

Then you throw in the other ignorance factors of: a) it's not a mosque and b) it's not at Ground Zero and VOILA! IGNORANCE based on racism and fear!

YAY!!!

So there ya go...now I'm re-explained it to you. Read it as many times as you'd like.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/20/2010, 09:05 PM
I like how you throw accusations out there, but fail to respond when you are in the wrong LAS.

XingTheRubicon
8/20/2010, 09:22 PM
Certainly it does.

Ignorant of what the Constitution says, ignorant of U.S. laws and ignorant of what the Founding Fathers intended regarding freedom of religion.

Then you throw in the other ignorance factors of: a) it's not a mosque and b) it's not at Ground Zero and VOILA! IGNORANCE based on racism and fear!

YAY!!!

So there ya go...now I'm re-explained it to you. Read it as many times as you'd like.

Why do the liberal citizens of New York oppose the "community center" by a 2 to 1 margin? Are they ignorant as well?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100818/ap_on_re_us/us_ground_zero_mosque_poll

ALBANY, N.Y. – A majority of New Yorkers remain opposed to a mosque proposed as part of a planned Islamic cultural center near ground zero, and the issue will be a factor for many voters this fall, according to a statewide poll released Wednesday.

The Siena College poll showed 63 percent of New York voters surveyed oppose the project, with 27 percent supporting it. That compares with 64 percent opposed and 28 percent in favor two weeks earlier, results that are within the polls' sampling margins.

Democrats nationwide, including President Barack Obama, have defended the proposal as protected by the Constitution's guarantee of religious freedom. Many Republicans have called it an affront to the memory of those killed in the Sept. 11 attacks.

A CNN/Opinion Research poll released last week found that nearly 70 percent of Americans opposed the mosque plan, while 29 percent approved.

That's a lot of "ignorant right wing nutjobs."

Crucifax Autumn
8/20/2010, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't say ignorant about either side myself, just ruled by passion rather than reason. Like I said once before, I'd like a Mosque by every landmark likely to be a target, kinda like human shields so to speak.

jkjsooner
8/20/2010, 09:55 PM
Why do the liberal citizens of New York oppose the "community center" by a 2 to 1 margin? Are they ignorant as well?

You do realize that was a statewide poll, right?

MR2-Sooner86
8/20/2010, 10:34 PM

Nobody, I know I haven't, has said they shouldn't be able to. They have the right the same rights Fred Phelps has. People just think it's in pour taste and if they're really trying to reach out, they're doing a **** poor job of doing it. Not to mention the background of the people involved gets hazy in some areas.

Then you throw in the other ignorance factors

Ah yes, anybody who is against this is obviously ignorant. Please, show us where we're wrong.

a) it's not a mosque

Yes it is. Yeah, they call it an Islamic Community Center, even though it's not in a highly residentual area, so that means it's not. Even though the first mosque ever built in New York is called an Islamic Cultural Center. I mean it has a bunch of bells a whistles with it but a mosque that can seat up to 2,000 Muslims is a pretty big god damn mosque even if it is surrounded by basketball courts and swimming pools.

and b) it's not at Ground Zero

How far is it? 600 feet? Yeah that's way too far to upset anybody like the 70% of Americans who oppose it.

IGNORANCE based on racism and fear!

Racism is about race but I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure Islam is a religion and not a race.

If you're playing with just the race card, you obviously don't have a full deck.

LAS I have a question to ask you.

Do you really think you're smarter and more enlightened than everybody else and get off from your own preceived genius?

OR...

Do you have nothing better to do than get on here and think, "I'm going to stir up some sh*t and call people racist, ignorant, and uneducated when it comes to the issues."

Which is it? I'm really curious.

Oh yeah, you still making those 3,000 yard shots?

:pop:

Leroy Lizard
8/20/2010, 10:43 PM
Ummm, my thought here is that those of you who think Nancy Pelosi is hawt should cut back on your drinking . . .

Not even I think she's hawt. Let that soak in for a moment.

Leroy Lizard
8/20/2010, 10:53 PM
"“I support the statement made by the Interfaith Alliance that ‘We agree with the ADL that there is a need for transparency about who is funding the effort to build this Islamic center.'".

Let me lay down a few others that I am sure she (along with every politician that has ever lived) has uttered.

"We need accountability in government!"

"We need responsible spending!"

"We need to place the people's interests at the forefront!"

They're just words. "We need transparency..." Okay, so even if she actually did something to increase transparency in the funding of the Islamic center, so what? To people like Pelosi, it wouldn't change anything even if bin Laden himself was behind it.

As for whether it is a mosque or an Islamic Center, who cares? Why did such semantics ever become a part of the discussion? "Oh, we see now that it is an Islamic Center, not a mosque. Gee, that changes everything..." :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 03:33 AM
I like how you throw accusations out there, but fail to respond when you are in the wrong LAS.Ah, yes...the old "you're in the wrong because I SAY you're in the wrong even though all the facts are on your side of the argument" attack.

Lord, how I've missed the S.O. :D

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 03:35 AM

Yup. Just 'cause they live in NYC doesn't make 'em any less ignorant than the anti-American whackos in Murfreesboro, TN.

Ignorant is ignorant. Period. And in this case the ignorance is pretty damn clear and easy to spot.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 03:38 AM
Nobody, I know I haven't, has said they shouldn't be able to. They have the right the same rights Fred Phelps has. People just think it's in pour taste and if they're really trying to reach out, they're doing a **** poor job of doing it. Not to mention the background of the people involved gets hazy in some areas.

Ah yes, anybody who is against this is obviously ignorant. Please, show us where we're wrong.

Yes it is. Yeah, they call it an Islamic Community Center, even though it's not in a highly residentual area, so that means it's not. Even though the first mosque ever built in New York is called an Islamic Cultural Center. I mean it has a bunch of bells a whistles with it but a mosque that can seat up to 2,000 Muslims is a pretty big god damn mosque even if it is surrounded by basketball courts and swimming pools.

How far is it? 600 feet? Yeah that's way too far to upset anybody like the 70% of Americans who oppose it.

Racism is about race but I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure Islam is a religion and not a race.

If you're playing with just the race card, you obviously don't have a full deck.

LAS I have a question to ask you.

Do you really think you're smarter and more enlightened than everybody else and get off from your own preceived genius?

OR...

Do you have nothing better to do than get on here and think, "I'm going to stir up some sh*t and call people racist, ignorant, and uneducated when it comes to the issues."

Which is it? I'm really curious.

Oh yeah, you still making those 3,000 yard shots?

:pop:Well, that's a pretty long question. But to sum it up, just based on your post up there ^^^ I can say with absolute certainty that I'm significantly smarter than you are. And a better shot.

Oh, and yeah...it IS racism, though religion is also a factor. And ignorance.

And yes, I enjoy pissing on the heads of silly ignorant people and watching them run around all angry. It makes me laugh. :D

Harry Beanbag
8/21/2010, 08:05 AM
People, don't feed the trolls. LAS was way more fun when he wasn't posting, as LAS at least.

Howzit
8/21/2010, 08:25 AM
Oh, and yeah...it IS racism, though religion is also a factor.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

LosAngelesSooner
8/21/2010, 01:43 PM
People, don't feed the trolls. LAS was way more fun when he wasn't posting, as LAS at least.Heh. I know...it gets old having me kick your butt over and over. I'm sure the break was worth it.

Oh, and by the way, I STILL don't have any Trolls. And all the mods back me up on this. But if it makes you feel better to continue lying, feel free. ;)

I don't think that word means what you think it means.Oh, it does' I mean racism because racism is definitely a factor in this discussion.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/21/2010, 03:01 PM
And then...

http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134kjlh1cfn81vc34/flash/f-Surprise-Butt-Sex-9509.jpg

XingTheRubicon
8/21/2010, 03:26 PM
You do realize that was a statewide poll, right?

You do realize the 5 boroughs of New York City oppose the mosque by 21 more percentage points than approve, right? But, what do they know, they're just locals. Having your cousin or friend burned alive always seem to cloud your judgment.

StoopTroup
8/21/2010, 04:24 PM
Also...I know there were plenty of Cops and Fire Fighters and Skilled Union Labor that went in there too. It was easier to clear folks that had been trained on Safety that could work in that mess. Material Data Safety is taught to nearly all who have a risk of exposure these days and those kind of folks were able to be cleared into the area because of the ease of proving they knew what they were doing. Seeing a pic of guys that looks like this in the pic below is instant proof to many of us that the folks who worked as First Responders and Clean up and Recovery Folks....well they were affected very deeply. I met some from Boston that came in to support the NYPD and the NYFD after the attack. All Heroes IMO.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/95629/thumbs/s-FIRE-large.jpg

sooneron
8/21/2010, 10:49 PM

It is not a mosque. WTF does residential area have to do with it? You will not find a mosque ANYWHERE that has a swimming pool or culinary school within. Let alone a basketball court. I challenge you to find one. Mosque is a nice scary word that was thrown into this debate by the side against it. The press and most everyone else is too lazy to address this and correct it.

KC//CRIMSON
8/22/2010, 01:28 AM
Just another peaceful Muslim. Look out! He's got a microphone!

7sjSHazjrWg

MR2-Sooner86
8/22/2010, 12:41 PM
I can say with absolute certainty that I'm significantly smarter than you are.

Except for those times (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2649866&postcount=63) I call out your lies and generalizations and then hand you your *** with all the trimmings.

Oh, and yeah...it IS racism, though religion is also a factor. And ignorance.

Ah, racism and ignorance, two words being thrown around when you can't debate the issue because you have no ground. So is Rudy Giuliani racist? Is everybody on this board against this building a racist?

Did Pope John Paul II give into racism when he told Roman Catholic nuns to move from their convent at the Auschwitz death camp? (http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/15/world/pope-orders-nuns-out-of-auschwitz.html)

And yes, I enjoy pissing on the heads of silly ignorant people and watching them run around all angry. It makes me laugh. :D

I can tell you're laughing uncontrollably. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140304)

But that's no way to talk. "**** on their heads?" That's no way to treat a poster. Try this, everytime you post do it with a smile. You'll feel better and the posters will be happier.

:pop:

It is not a mosque. WTF does residential area have to do with it? You will not find a mosque ANYWHERE that has a swimming pool or culinary school within. Let alone a basketball court. I challenge you to find one. Mosque is a nice scary word that was thrown into this debate by the side against it. The press and most everyone else is too lazy to address this and correct it.

No mosque here.

•outstanding recreation spaces and fitness facilities (swimming pool, gym, basketball court)
•a 500-seat auditorium
•a restaurant and culinary school
•cultural amenities including exhibitions
•education programs
•a library, reading room and art studios
•childcare services
•a mosque, intended to be run separately from Park51 but open to and accessible to all members, visitors and our New York community
•a September 11th memorial and quiet contemplation space, open to all (http://www.park51.org/facilities.htm)

I know of several churches, including the one my parents go to, that have over half of the following. Are they no longer churches?

Sooner98
8/23/2010, 03:18 PM
•a mosque, intended to be run separately from Park51 but open to and accessible to all members, visitors and our New York community

:les: THERE IS NO MOSQUE, YOU IGNORANT BIGOTED RACIST!!!!111

Sooner98
8/23/2010, 03:20 PM
Wait, false accusations of racism is still the weapon of choice of those on the left, correct?

JohnnyMack
8/23/2010, 03:33 PM
The Neo-Cons are running amok!