PDA

View Full Version : Gallon Exploring His Options...

the_ouskull
8/17/2010, 04:52 PM
08/16/10, 5:02 am EST, via ESPN/NBA movement/rumor ticker...

Keith "Tiny" Gallon, selected with the No. 47 pick in the second round of the 2010 draft, has not signed a contract yet with Milwaukee.

Oh no, they've discovered my fondness for Twinkies and my "Excuses for Getting Out of Working Out" book. What to do?

"We're exploring all possibilities," Gallon's agent, Mark Cornstein, tells The Journal Times.

Read: I have literally BEGGED the Bucks to keep him. I even tried to get him to make friends with Brandon Jennings, like a LeBron/Boobie, or a Bosh/Jarret Jack thing. And Coby Karl too. He gets cut EVERY freakin' year, then gets picked back up under some non-protection team option in case a better player comes along. That way, he's on the team, and he's not "using up" any D-League time... if he even has any left anyway. Go to Bologna and dunk on "Tiny" already, Coby, geez.

Those possibilities include playing overseas during the upcoming season. He can also sign the non-guaranteed one-year tender from the Bucks if the two sides can't come to terms on a deal.

What kills me is their use of the word "possibilities," as if there are countless opportunites for this "the sky's the limit" young man. EAD, Gallon. Europe. D-League. There's your "possibilities." Come back when you can play more than eight minutes consecutively before needing a pinch runner.

the_ouskull

stoopified
8/17/2010, 05:19 PM
He COULD be a contestant on THE BIGGEST LOSER.

the_ouskull
8/17/2010, 05:36 PM
I thought that show was about weight loss. How could Gallon be on that?

Boomer.....
8/17/2010, 05:46 PM
Great choices Tiny and TMG.

badger
8/17/2010, 05:50 PM
Great choices Tiny and TMG.

As far as turning pro, they had no other choice to make.

As far as hard work before/during/after their first, final and only season of college ball... um...

:pop:

OKC-SLC
8/17/2010, 11:10 PM
EAD.

heh.

OUTrumpet
8/18/2010, 07:03 AM
You remember that ridiculous commercial recently of the basketball player traveling with his agent? The one where it's a guy who can't make a basket and is running around and bumping into things all clumsy?

"Mr. Gallon really wants to play for Italy/Hong Kong/insert some random place here".

That's just what it reminds me of. For the life of me I can't even think of what that stupid commercial was for. Think Mastercard.

Williesan
8/18/2010, 12:49 PM
You remember that ridiculous commercial recently of the basketball player traveling with his agent? The one where it's a guy who can't make a basket and is running around and bumping into things all clumsy?

"Mr. Gallon really wants to play for Italy/Hong Kong/insert some random place here".

That's just what it reminds me of. For the life of me I can't even think of what that stupid commercial was for. Think Mastercard.

I remember this one - It was American Airlines. Mark Cuban even appeared in it.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/18/2010, 01:05 PM
I thought this thread was about a Tiny Gallon sighting at the Golden Corral.

cheezyq
8/18/2010, 03:41 PM

:D

the_ouskull
8/18/2010, 06:19 PM

It isn't?

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 11:26 PM
It isn't?

you didnt put

"the_ouskull"

at the end of your post so im disregarding it and it never happened.

the_ouskull
8/19/2010, 07:16 PM
I tend not to on drive-bys, but at least my sig's about someone cool.

you_f'inhappy?

oudavid1
8/19/2010, 07:23 PM
but at least my sig's about someone cool.

Whats that mean :(

you_f'inhappy?

Yes always when its you skull

pilobolus
8/20/2010, 12:48 PM
Capel should be forced to join Tiny and/or TMG wherever they end up.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/20/2010, 01:51 PM
You are saying Capel should have to work at Burger King?

oudavid1
8/20/2010, 02:05 PM
LOL^^^^

But seriously, i like Capel and his recruiting skills

pilobolus
8/21/2010, 01:53 AM
Seriously, skull needs his own blog or to write for some sports entity, dude has mad skills. Someone needs to bring together some of the good writers on here, like an edition of the best of 04, skull, OLD SOONER, etc.

badger
8/23/2010, 04:07 PM
Seriously, skull needs his own blog or to write for some sports entity, dude has mad skills. Someone needs to bring together some of the good writers on here, like an edition of the best of 04, skull, OLD SOONER, etc.

They could have a big blog thread like I did for womens bball last season... it seemed to bring good luck to the team that wasn't expected to do much after losing the Paris twins to graduation, then Whitney Hand to an injury that should just forever be known on among sooner fans affectionately as a "Jason White." Think what an 04/skull/et al blog could do for this team that just lost three mickie d AA's!

Speaking of, wouldn't it be ironic if Mickie D ended up being the final working place of Tiny or TMG? Ah, but I should joke, because I really do wish them well and know that it will be incredibly difficult for them now that they might not have a pro ball future with much earning potential.

the_ouskull
8/23/2010, 07:00 PM
All the potential in the world can't turn dumb smart. Only work can.

oudavid1
8/23/2010, 07:04 PM
All the potential in the world can't turn dumb smart. Only work can.

you didnt put the_ouskull at the bottom of your post, so i discard it.

stoopified
10/1/2010, 09:23 AM
I thought that show was about weight loss. How could Gallon be on that?I didn't say he could WIN.

badger
10/6/2010, 02:49 PM
Rumor has it that the Bucks cut Gallon. I'll post a link if I find one

Boomer.....
10/6/2010, 03:41 PM
Bucks cut former Sooner Tiny Gallon

MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Bucks waived forward Keith "Tiny" Gallon on Wednesday, less than four months after selecting him late in the second round of June's draft.
Gallon was the 47th overall pick. He did not play in Milwaukee's first preseason game Tuesday night against Chicago.
"We wanted to do what's right for the organization and for the player," said general manager John Hammond, who wanted to give Gallon a chance to join another NBA team instead of waiting until the end of camp.
Gallon was drafted before the Bucks made several moves to bolster their front court, and he appeared to be a long shot to make the team as soon as he entered camp.
Gallon didn't immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment from The Associated Press, but did post a short message from his Twitter account, where his location is listed as "On mars."
"Thanks to the Bucks 4 making my dream come Tru," Gallon wrote. "And the Fans and the Haters too."
The 6-foot-9, 290-pound Gallon played a year in college at Oklahoma before declaring for the draft. He was caught up in an NCAA investigation that put his eligibility in doubt over a report his mother was wired $3,000.
Gallon, who was a one-time teammate of Bucks star Brandon Jennings in high school at Oak Hill Academy, Va., has said he knew nothing about the exchange of money. He says he learned it was a loan that was used to pay for his high-school transcripts to be released so he could attend Oklahoma.
The Bucks also cut guard Tory Jackson and forward Billy Rush. Both were signed on Sept. 27 to fill out the training camp roster. The Bucks have 17 players remaining in camp.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101006_92_0_MILWAU107160

the_ouskull
10/6/2010, 03:56 PM
http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/26565627529

Get the f*ck out, Tiny Gallon...
Take your man-boobs 'cross the pond now...

the_ouskull

...sooner
10/7/2010, 11:59 AM
im shocked.. oh wait.. no im not.

Collier11
10/7/2010, 01:05 PM
If there were ever a shocking statement, this was one

Tiny Gallon on Twitter

"And 1 thing Coach Capel is and always B the best coach I ever had!! He taught me about Life and being a better person Bside basketball!!!"

SoonerMarkVA
10/27/2010, 09:28 PM

I was expecting to see that he was torn between the deep fryer and drive-thru.

Now, if it were Robert Allen exploring his options...