PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. BSU mNCG some thoughts

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 02:53 PM
So it's possible we could see a fiesta bowl re-match this year for the mNCG.

Is it worth the payback?

Does anyone else think this is the worst possible scenario for us ever?

God forbid we lose... OMG I don't even want to imagine it. :mad:

Say we win, I still don't see us getting much credit for it. I can hear it now:

"Hey look OU finally won one, to bad it had to be against a mid major instead of against one of the big boys"

Ready, Set..... Discuss :pop:

soonerborn30
8/17/2010, 03:02 PM
If we win another MNC, I wouldn't care if it was against Sister Mary's School for the Blind. Let the haters talk. They're going to discount our accomplishments regardless.

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/17/2010, 03:05 PM
^^^^THIS^^^^^ I don't care who we play, as long as we have more points on the scoreboard when the final second ticks off the clock of the MNC. I actually think it may be fun and be a little revenge to beat them if they finally made the big show.

Widescreen
8/17/2010, 03:11 PM
We'd still have #8.

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2010, 03:16 PM
If you hoist the crystal ball, you earned it. Boise would have been tougher competition to 'Bama last year than the horns once Colt went down. I don't see 'Bama hanging their heads.

Boomer.....
8/17/2010, 03:26 PM
I would love to play them again.

CrimsonJim
8/17/2010, 03:35 PM
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." Bring 'em on! I'd just as soon rectify that situation in a MNC as anywhere else.

stoopified
8/17/2010, 03:40 PM
"Revenge is a dish best served bloody." Bring 'em on! I'd just as soon rectify that situation in a MNC as anywhere else.fixed

CrimsonJim
8/17/2010, 03:44 PM
I can agree with that. :D

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 03:47 PM
At least in that scenario we'd def. have just about everyone in the nation against us! Could be a fun one for us! :D

fwsooner22
8/17/2010, 03:49 PM
With all due respect..........who cares who we play......In the 80's we were dying for another shot at Miami.....

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 03:54 PM
With all due respect..........who cares who we play......In the 80's we were dying for another shot at Miami.....

B/C until kickoff we still need stuff to discuss! Or else it gets boring! :rolleyes:

swardboy
8/17/2010, 03:56 PM
I want to pound the Smurfs so bad that the Fiesta Bowl carpet turns the same color as the one in Boise....

goingoneight
8/17/2010, 04:35 PM
That's a bowl game I could see us getting up for if we end up Fiasco Bowlin' it again like in 2006 and in 2007.

Then again, all this team has to show for potential right now is a "Five-loss Bowl trophy."

Boise's maybe not littered with 5-star athletes, but they're gonna be DAMN good whoever they play with 21 starters back and something like 18 in the two-deep back. I will drown a kitten if we ever lose to them again. I can tip my cap once, but not twice to somebody who embarassed us and spent the last four years rubbing it in our faces like they have. Imagine how awful it would have been not getting to play :les: after losses in 2001 and 2002. That jackwagon's head might have swollen bigger than Mangino if he made off to LSU with that accomplishment.

CrimsonJim
8/17/2010, 04:48 PM
For some reason, you sure don't hear near as much about Bammer's loss to ewetaw as you do about our loss to BSU. I don't care when or where it is; I want a piece of that arse! The world order needs to be restored and the Sooner it happens the better.

rawlingsHOH
8/17/2010, 04:57 PM
So it's possible we could see a fiesta bowl re-match this year for the mNCG.

Is it worth the payback?

Does anyone else think this is the worst possible scenario for us ever?

Playing for a NC doesn't fit into any "worst" scenarios.

I'd love to play Boise again. Not sure they'd be as excited though.

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 04:57 PM
That wouldn't be an easy game. However, if OU were to hammer them they would probably want to forget that statue of liberty play. If they got smashed in a national title game against OU that would be classic.

I was at the first fiesta bowl matchup with them and it was the sickest I've ever been over a loss. The highs and the lows really sucked. That would make #8 so sweet.

Crucifax Autumn
8/17/2010, 04:59 PM
I think it would be fitting since that's when they really started crying that they can hang with the big boys and haven't shut up about it since.

CaliBornSoonerBred
8/17/2010, 05:19 PM
That wouldn't be an easy game. However, if OU were to hammer them they would probably want to forget that statue of liberty play. If they got smashed in a national title game against OU that would be classic.

I was at the first fiesta bowl matchup with them and it was the sickest I've ever been over a loss. The highs and the lows really sucked. That would make #8 so sweet.

I was there for that Fiesta Bowl as well. The highs and lows were INSANE! My brother and I both said even if we knew the outcome, we'd go watch it all over again. Such a great game and the Boise fans were all nice people. But on the highs and lows of that game, I'll never forget the 2pt conversion that was good(on the 3rd attempt after penalties) and Walker taking that pick to the house. A Sooner mom and her daughter were in the seats behind my brother and i, the mom turned me around and gave me a huge kiss as we were all yelling after that pick. Such bittersweet memories....

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 07:35 PM
I was there for that Fiesta Bowl as well. The highs and lows were INSANE! My brother and I both said even if we knew the outcome, we'd go watch it all over again. Such a great game and the Boise fans were all nice people. But on the highs and lows of that game, I'll never forget the 2pt conversion that was good(on the 3rd attempt after penalties) and Walker taking that pick to the house. A Sooner mom and her daughter were in the seats behind my brother and i, the mom turned me around and gave me a huge kiss as we were all yelling after that pick. Such bittersweet memories....

LOL at the kiss story. Yeah, I had OU fans I didn't even know diving on top of me on Walker's pick 6... I really thought it was over. They did have some classy fans. I just would love to get revenge to show OU can show up in a big game.

delhalew
8/17/2010, 08:20 PM
As I said a couple of months ago, I want a piece of that @ss in Glendale.

richsooner
8/18/2010, 09:54 AM
We do not need those guys in our life, anywhere but Norman.... They play every down as though their lives depended on the outcome. When they play like that it is slmost impossible to beat them................

KantoSooner
8/18/2010, 10:32 AM
Oh, for God's sake!

They are Boise, not some concatenation of all that is good and holy in the game of football.

When they play in a national championship game do you think the opposing team, be it us or anyone else, will simply go all gaga because they practice on a blue field and roll over?

It's preseason, but there are about 10 teams in the country I can think of right off hand who'd more than likely thump the bejesus out of them. Take 'bama for one, and it wouldn't be close. OU, once I'm convinced that our O line is really as improved as Stoops says and assuming our receivers close their hands around the ball (instead of the controversial technique of catching with one's elbows), would win handily against them as well.

SouthFortySooner
8/18/2010, 03:21 PM
Curious how they'll play VaTech. And, where they rank with strength of schedule.

Edit: Phil Steele has them at 87th. Hard for me to respect.

As far as our loss to them I noticed something on the kickoff and mentioned it at the time.

The Sooner players walked out on the field on the flats of their feet. The Boise's were on their toes and blowin smoke. In a rematch, I would strongly expect the little team that could would experience something much, much different.

SouthFortySooner
8/18/2010, 03:34 PM
Curious how they'll play VaTech. And, where they rank with strength of schedule.

OUstud
8/18/2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah...this isn't going to happen. VT's gonna smoke them by 3 TDs, at least.