PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else kind of excited about Danzel Williams next year?

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 01:35 PM
Just watching the kid's balance and elusiveness kind of gets me all getty. I hate to say this, but he kind of reminds me of Reggie Bush. He sheds tackles like he's got a second skin he's shedding off anytime someone touches him. Pretty small, but so was Q. Speed isn't all that great, but who cares if he's slipping a tackle and busting off 10-15 yard runs.

I hope he gets a shot at RB as I'd like to see what he could do here. I realize some think he'll end up a DB though. I just have a feeling he'll show up and just make plays! Guess we'll see! :pop:

For those who haven't seen him. Danzel Williams (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=93541&season=2011&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d935 41%26season%3d2011)

MojoRisen
8/20/2010, 09:51 AM
I was thinking the same, he is actually highly rated as a RB - then you see him get a pick and break like 10 tackles and that is pretty exciting too. I say where ever he can get on the field the fastest.

texaspokieokie
8/20/2010, 10:18 AM
"shows flashes of Barry Sanders style"; what could be better.

already larger than Barry when he got out of hi school.

maybe not as fast.

IronHorseSooner
8/20/2010, 12:19 PM
I could see him as an effective return man. Of course, we have a few guys coming in and youngsters this year we can say that about.

goingoneight
8/22/2010, 10:55 PM
I'm never excited about somebody I can't see in Sooner red right away.

However, seeing his film on the ESPN recruiting site, he does look to be too good with the ball in his hands to just throw him into what should be a pretty crowded defensive backfield. Looks like Ryan Broyles with the ball in his hands, and finishes off plays with power you don't expect from a little guy.

SoonerSoph
8/24/2010, 06:47 PM
YES. Absolute playmaker. He will find a place to play. Probably on defense.

Tigeman
8/24/2010, 08:22 PM
YES. Absolute playmaker. He will find a place to play. Probably on defense.

Which I wish he'd get a shot at RB, as a specialty back. Hopefully he will!