PDA

View Full Version : Texas is not the same team...

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 12:32 PM
They lost Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley. I'm sorry, but those are huge loses. Let's face it, those were their 2 best players on Offense and Defense for the past several years.

I'm just not afraid of this team. In fact, I can honestly see OU blowing them out. The Cincinnati game is another thing, but Texas.. NAH!!

badger
8/17/2010, 12:34 PM
http://distractible.org/wp-content/plugins/RndmImgs/Captain%20Obvious%20evil%20scientist%202.jpg

PalmBeachSooner
8/17/2010, 12:43 PM
OU should handle Cincy. It's scary only because it's on the road and with a new QB and HC they are an unknown quantity. They lost their best play maker in Gilyard. He will be hard to replace.

BoulderSooner79
8/17/2010, 12:45 PM
It's amazing how much chest hair we grow here on SF.com in August :)

TexasLidig8r
8/17/2010, 01:00 PM
They lost Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas, Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley. I'm sorry, but those are huge loses. Let's face it, those were their 2 best players on Offense and Defense for the past several years.

I'm just not afraid of this team. In fact, I can honestly see OU blowing them out. The Cincinnati game is another thing, but Texas.. NAH!!

Brian Orakpo says hi.

OK2U
8/17/2010, 01:02 PM
We lost Trent Williams, Brody Eldridge, Keenan Clayton, B. Jackson, Dom Franks, Matt Clapp and Brian Simmons, all starters we have to replace.
We are a different team, too.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/17/2010, 01:04 PM
I put on about 15 lbs since last year..Im not the same either

swardboy
8/17/2010, 01:07 PM
"Captain Obvious"....I shoulda made that my SoonerFans moniker. Maybe it's not to late to get a troll. He could say things like "If that BYU lineman had been blocked, Sam wouldn't have injured his shoulder." Rad...

yankee
8/17/2010, 01:09 PM
...village idiot???

goingoneight
8/17/2010, 01:36 PM
Colt McCoy bailed Texas out a lot in a pinch the last four years. It is fair to say Gilbert has one: not done that yet. And two: not been given a realistic chance to do so. We'd have been destroyed by Florida with a true freshman QB, too.

Shipley bailed Colt McCoy AND Gilbert out against Alabama. I know Texas has some starpower up-and-coming (particularly #84, Goodwin), but they're no more consistent receivers around him than we have around Broyles. All the speed in the world doesn't account for missed opportunities. I think both teams will be significantly better at WR this year all-around, given the experience and numbers returning, but it's still not something to go out and hang your hat on.

Earl Thomas was a good safety, and Kindle was a good DL/LB. But Kindle is replaceable and Thomas is only one safety. Good as he was, he's no TRRW. And we did just fine without TRRW, as Muschamp will do. What they lack in one safety, they bring back all three other spots with rock-solid DBs. And don't be shocked to see Vacarro become UT's next great DB. Guy's a hitter.

All in all, the OP is right. I can see Texas being their usual, 10-wins or more self, or there can be some problems where they're maybe a not-so-impressive ten-win team like they were in 2007.

QB is kinda new, OL has some issues, coaches are digging up the corpse of the last decent I-formation running game they had, inconsistent receivers, and a pair of good defenders. All a part of Tejas football. They'll either rebuild or reload.

Nate Hybl-to-Jason White is reloading. AD-to-AP, DM and CB is reloading. Jason White-to-Rhett Bomar is rebuilding. Gresham to Ratterree is rebuilding.
VY to Colt McCoy is rebuilding, Ricky Williams to Hodges Mitchell is rebuilding.

sooneron
8/17/2010, 01:37 PM
"Captain Obvious"....I shoulda made that my SoonerFans moniker. Maybe it's not to late to get a troll. He could say things like "If that BYU lineman had been blocked, Sam wouldn't have injured his shoulder." Rad...

Captain Obvious or Coach Patton, take your pick...:texan:

badger
8/17/2010, 01:59 PM

If Bammer didn't keep trying to sack Colt, he wouldn't have injured his arm

Oldnslo
8/17/2010, 02:00 PM
I think we can all agree that saxeT sucks, but when was the last time they fielded a team that wasn't talented?

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 04:03 PM
Call me Captain Obvious, but why are all the pollsters picking them ahead of OU? I've seen them in the top 3, which is laughable to me. They are starting a new QB. I saw the Bama game and he did okay. However, that's the Boise State argument. Anyone can show up for one game; it's a consistency thing!! There will be a learning curve. I'm objective unlike a lot of homers on this site. There's a reason I get negged, because I tell the truth good or bad.

I know this information is obvious, but no one nationally is really talking about it. These guys aren't plug and play replaceable, they will notice a huge fall off.

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 04:05 PM
I think we can all agree that saxeT sucks, but when was the last time they fielded a team that wasn't talented?

Talent and experience are 2 different things. Even great players need time to grow and learn the game. They will make many mistakes in getting there too.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/17/2010, 04:25 PM
Texas has won at least 10 ball games every year since 2001...texas ranks 1st with a Big 12 conference record of 140-39 (78%) since conference began in 1996...

In that time, they have had to replace starters and suffer huge losses in talented players...Remember when Vince Young left? Who was that kid that replaced him?

I'll not be concerned with texas this season when the Sooners have beaten them

Crucifax Autumn
8/17/2010, 04:43 PM
The best record, yet so few championships.

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 04:52 PM
Texas has won at least 10 ball games every year since 2001...texas ranks 1st with a Big 12 conference record of 140-39 (78%) since conference began in 1996...

In that time, they have had to replace starters and suffer huge losses in talented players...Remember when Vince Young left? Who was that kid that replaced him?

I'll not be concerned with texas this season when the Sooners have beaten them

I'm not saying they are going to be terrible. They schedule cupcakes, so 10 wins for them is easier than for OU. Sorry, OU's too busy playing Miami, Florida State, BYU etc. while they are playing Rice and Sam Houston State. Not apples to apples.

The point I'm arguing is how can they lose their 4 best players and people think they are top 3? That's just a joke. I'm on record that OU not only wins, but wins big.

Crucifax Autumn
8/17/2010, 04:55 PM
I hope they kick so much *** the first few games that they get annointed "greatest team ever" right before we bury them 63-0.

Soonermagik
8/17/2010, 04:59 PM
I hope they kick so much *** the first few games that they get annointed "greatest team ever" right before we bury them 63-0.

It's happened before. ;)

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 05:15 PM
We'd have been destroyed by Florida with a true freshman QB, too.

I think you underestimate how much of a roll Jebus played in FL's offense... not to mention the fact that we didn't exactly get "destroyed".

We saw the effects a inexperienced QB last year; locking onto receivers, forcing throws, Over/under throwing the deep ball when the receiver has broke loose, etc. Much like * will experience all of that this year. And defenses like ours and Nebbish will eat him alive!

I was less than impressed w/ Gilbert Grape during the NCG, and it's been much the same from his practice film I've seen from the spring and summer. They better hope they get their running game going is all I got to say. Not saying he won't have flashes of greatness, but he's got a longggg way. Hell I, like many, thought Barkely at SUC was gonna be the next coming of Bradford. We saw how that turned out for him during his first year.

oudavid1
8/17/2010, 05:16 PM
I aint scared

yankee
8/17/2010, 05:57 PM
mack brown is on record in saying this might be his best defense yet at UT. if they have a halfway decent offense, this is probably a 10 win team. maybe more, maybe less. you know they're going to be pumped up to beat us, just like we will. i'd love a blowout, but i don't think it happens. that defense, especially that secondary, is too darn good.

goingoneight
8/17/2010, 06:29 PM
I think you underestimate how much of a roll Jebus played in FL's offense... not to mention the fact that we didn't exactly get "destroyed".

We saw the effects a inexperienced QB last year; locking onto receivers, forcing throws, Over/under throwing the deep ball when the receiver has broke loose, etc. Much like * will experience all of that this year. And defenses like ours and Nebbish will eat him alive!

I was less than impressed w/ Gilbert Grape during the NCG, and it's been much the same from his practice film I've seen from the spring and summer. They better hope they get their running game going is all I got to say. Not saying he won't have flashes of greatness, but he's got a longggg way. Hell I, like many, thought Barkely at SUC was gonna be the next coming of Bradford. We saw how that turned out for him during his first year.

Bradford was a redshirt freshman who played on a great offense during his first year. Barkley was thrown into action on an average team right out of high school. I love OUr 5th Heisman as much as any Sooner fan, but their situations were as different as the people they are. As for Gilbert, he was thrown into the toughest situation I could imagine a true freshman QB could be thrown into. Which goes back to my comment about us and Florida. Landry Jones would certainly have crapped his pants against the best defense in the country if all he had was a few backup throws against Wyoming before being asked to take over for the starter on the game's biggest stage. I realized we didn't get destroyed. I've said all along if OUr receivers could catch a cold that night, we win. Also would have been nice to have OUr team full-strength in that game, too.

And yes, Gilbert has a long ways to go. So did Sam against BYU. You never know what's gonna happen. As far as his progression and development, he has admittedly a long ways to go, too. #3 in the country is assuming he'll be ready right out of the gate to lead a National Title contender. He's one solid quarter, two TDs against Alabama from being ranked probably 15-20 somewhere. Texas could go far by virtue of making it difficult for its opposition to score on them. Let's face it, UT is not going to be worse offensively than Nebraska was last year. Give the Suhskers any identity at all offensively, they could have been in Pasadena. I can see a cakewalk 4-0 run, with Tech possibly in that coaching-transition mode and beating OU with old fashioned defense. I can also see them coming in 4-0, riding their high-horse and getting exposed by us. Bottom line, the season comes down to OU/TX a lot, and if they can get past us... #3 doesn't sound so crazy.

IMO, #3... knowing what we know *does* sound crazy right now. As rival fans, we're assuming young QB, bad OL, suspect receivers and a few defensive questions = 8-4 or 8-5, Sun Bowl/Holiday Bowl they go. They win double-digits every season for a reason, though. They're still gonna be Texas.

Tigeman
8/17/2010, 06:45 PM
Bradford was a redshirt freshman who played on a great offense during his first year. Barkley was thrown into action on an average team right out of high school. I love OUr 5th Heisman as much as any Sooner fan, but their situations were as different as the people they are. As for Gilbert, he was thrown into the toughest situation I could imagine a true freshman QB could be thrown into. Which goes back to my comment about us and Florida. Landry Jones would certainly have crapped his pants against the best defense in the country if all he had was a few backup throws against Wyoming before being asked to take over for the starter on the game's biggest stage. I realized we didn't get destroyed. I've said all along if OUr receivers could catch a cold that night, we win. Also would have been nice to have OUr team full-strength in that game, too.

We'd have been destroyed by Florida with a true freshman QB, too

Your comment about us and FL still makes no sense. You made it sound as if giving FL a back-up QB and they beat us more than they did! I'm not seeing where you come up w/ this! Are you trying to say Brantley would have done better against us than Jebus? This is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

Your correct about Gilbert and Bradford being totally different. But I didn't compare the two. What's not different is Gilbert this year and Landry last year. Neither had an O-line w/ any experience. Which is why Gilbert will struggle this year. He will do the same freshman/newbie mistakes that he would make even w/ an O-line.

Gilbert locked onto his receivers like his eyes had super glue, even on the plays he had all day to throw. His balls waived in the air about like Miss America waiving at her fans. Much like Landry did. These are growing pains that they'll both outgrow, but Gilbert hasn't had a year to learn it yet. Which is my point.

sooneron
8/17/2010, 10:39 PM
mack brown is on record in saying this might be his best defense yet at UT. if they have a halfway decent offense, this is probably a 10 win team. maybe more, maybe less. you know they're going to be pumped up to beat us, just like we will. i'd love a blowout, but i don't think it happens. that defense, especially that secondary, is too darn good.

Probably? With their ooc scheduling, it's guaranteed.

oudavid1
8/17/2010, 10:57 PM
There defense isnt what would bother me, its there recruits. We'll see if they come to play.

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/17/2010, 11:19 PM
Brian Orakpo says hi.

Is he waving both hands about shoulder high?

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 12:11 AM
There defense isnt what would bother me, its there recruits. We'll see if they come to play.

I think you are a cool kid, but is this REALLY what they are teaching in OK grammar rules-wise? :P

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 12:23 AM
I think you are a cool kid, but is this REALLY what they are teaching in OK grammar rules-wise? :P

Well now im just messing with you guys. But just for you, Their*

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 12:25 AM
At least you have a sense of humor. Spek.

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 12:30 AM
whats spek mean?

Mark_in_Tulsa
8/18/2010, 01:26 AM
whats spek mean?

You know that feeling you get of totally relaxation about 15 sec after a great orgasm. It's like that but in a powder form and comes in a football shaped vase.

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 03:45 AM
im so lost right now.

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 04:56 AM
I'd fill you in, but it's more fun this way.

CrimsonJim
8/18/2010, 08:42 AM
You know that feeling you get of totally relaxation about 15 sec after a great orgasm. It's like that but in a powder form and comes in a football shaped vase.

At least you have a sense of humor. Spek.

sooneron
8/18/2010, 08:44 AM
im so lost right now.
no kidding

CrimsonJim
8/18/2010, 08:45 AM
I'd fill you in, but it's more fun this way.

Poor young 'ne doesn't even realize he has a spekker yet... :D

gaylordfan1
8/18/2010, 08:56 AM
Spek=green lil bro!

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 09:41 AM
green=$$$$$?

or ****

TexasLidig8r
8/18/2010, 10:25 AM
I'm not saying they are going to be terrible. They schedule cupcakes, so 10 wins for them is easier than for OU. Sorry, OU's too busy playing Miami, Florida State, BYU etc. while they are playing Rice and Sam Houston State. Not apples to apples.

Let's see, we scheduled BYU, UCLA, Cal, Notre Dame, Arkansas, Utah. And, if I remember correctly, you played Sam Houston State, YoureAho State, Utah State, Chattanoogo Choo Choo. When was the last time Florida State lost fewer than 5 games in a season? This aint the mid 90s Criminoles. Oh..that's right, we played TCU as well.. the same as you.

The point I'm arguing is how can they lose their 4 best players and people think they are top 3? That's just a joke. I'm on record that OU not only wins, but wins big.

And for the record, I don't believe we are a Top 5 team. As for Ou winning big, you better hope you get out front and take the lead in the game. If not, you will lose. After all, when was the last time you came from behind in a big game and actually won it. This aint the early 2000s Slick. Will Ou win? Who knows. It's bound to be a dog fight.

CrimsonJim
8/18/2010, 11:26 AM
green=$$$$$?

or ****

Green = http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Jacie
8/18/2010, 11:50 AM
No team is the same from last year, though the intent of the thread is whether or not sa*et is better or worse than last season. Unless the whorns win the BCS title, the 2010 version will not be able to claim it was better than 2009.

Concerning which of the two teams, Oklahoma or sa*et, will be the better team in 2010, all we have to go on right now are predictions. The services that do this as part of their job are not in agreement when it comes to either of OU or UT. The whorns have been projected to finish anywhere from 2nd (collegefootballpoll.com) to 11th (Phil Steele), while the Sooners have been picked 1st (Phil Steele) to 12th (Gold Sheet and Sports Illustrated). The consensus opinion (the average of the preseason polls) puts UT 6th and OU 7th.

All this means is both teams are unproven in one or more areas such as at QB or the OL. If the preseason talk about both team's defenses pans out, the RRS will be low-scoring game.

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 01:07 PM
Green = http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......U! Ready for kickoff?

Soonermagik
8/18/2010, 02:02 PM
And for the record, I don't believe we are a Top 5 team. As for Ou winning big, you better hope you get out front and take the lead in the game. If not, you will lose. After all, when was the last time you came from behind in a big game and actually won it. This aint the early 2000s Slick. Will Ou win? Who knows. It's bound to be a dog fight.

Slick.. Really? Come on, you can do better than that. You're darn right you aren't a top 5 team, and you know it. :texan: ;)

Okay, well then your argument applies to Texas as well. UCLA, Cal and Notre Dame aren't exactly world beater programs right now either. You know good and well that the Seminoles right now are a lot better than Notre Dame, UCLA or Cal. And the Seminoles aren't the same team they were a decade ago.

OU doesn't have to come back when they start pounding on teams. Texas didn't exactly come back on Bama in that title game.. either. I remember a few years ago you and your brethren were run out of the Cotton Bowl. Getting beat by 40+ points could happen again. It's been a long time since Texas has embarrassed OU in the Cotton Bowl. Can't say the same.. can ya? :D

Lastly, let's compare non-conference schedules.

Sooners

1) Utah State
2) Florida State
3) Cincinnati
4) Air Force

Whorns

1) Rice
2) Wyoming
3) UCLA
4) Florida Atlantic

Easy to win 10 games when you play crap teams in non-conference. But hey, thanks for coming out. ;)

TexasLidig8r
8/18/2010, 02:45 PM
Slick.. Really? Do you prefer Skippy?

Okay, well then your argument applies to Texas as well. UCLA, Cal and Notre Dame aren't exactly world beater programs right now either. You know good and well that the Seminoles right now are a lot better than Notre Dame, UCLA or Cal. And the Seminoles aren't the same team they were a decade ago. The same Criminole team that in the last five years, lost 6 game, 4 games, 6 games, 6 games and 5 games? And that was playing in a pretty weak ACC? Yeah right.

OU doesn't have to come back when they start pounding on teams. But again, not addressing the fact that Ou has not come back when they get behind. You're front runners. Texas didn't exactly come back on Bama in that title game.. either.
Did you even watch the game? Being down at halftime with a backbreaking play right before the half..and then.. being down by 3, with 3 minutes left in the game and having the ball.. isn't coming back? Want some concrete evidence? Look at the Texas - Ou game from 2008. Ou was up what.. 5 or 6 times in the game and had a double digit lead. Want more? Check out the Fiesta Bowl.

I remember a few years ago you and your brethren were run out of the Cotton Bowl. Getting beat by 40+ points could happen again. Yes, that did happen in the first Bush Administration. There are exactly 0 players left from those squads. Both of your coordinators are different. Our DC is different. You lost your heart when Little Stoopsie went off to Arizona. It's been a long time since Texas has embarrassed OU in the Cotton Bowl. 2005 isn't that long ago Skippy. Remember that beatdown? Brett Romar does. Can't say the same.. can ya? :D

Lastly, let's compare non-conference schedules.

Easy to win 10 games when you play crap teams in non-conference. But hey, thanks for coming out. ;)

Since you already decided you dont let facts get in the way of your opinions, by all means ignore the DII opponents you have played or the 0 - 12 UDub team, or.. oh that's right.. when you play TCU, that's a quality opponent.. when we play TCU it isn't.

As I have said before, your AD is to be commended for lining up quality OOC opponents. This will become a necessity for the next 5 - 10 years, or until the Big 12 dissolves to offset no conference championship game.

Soonermagik
8/18/2010, 03:00 PM
Since you already decided you dont let facts get in the way of your opinions, by all means ignore the DII opponents you have played or the 0 - 12 UDub team, or.. oh that's right.. when you play TCU, that's a quality opponent.. when we play TCU it isn't.

As I have said before, your AD is to be commended for lining up quality OOC opponents. This will become a necessity for the next 5 - 10 years, or until the Big 12 dissolves to offset no conference championship game.

I didn't say that TCU wasn't a quality game. I just always laugh when people say Mack Brown has so many 10 win seasons. You know that Texas has never been known to schedule tough OOC games. I'm not against playing a cupcake for one OOC game to get a team ready. However, Texas does it throughout the season.

It's easy to show up for one game i.e. Boise State & Utah. Hence, Texas only has to play one or two quality opponents in a season. If they show up for those one or two games people believe they are unbeatable. Whereas, OU has to play 3, 4 or sometimes 5 solid teams.

Sincerely, Skippy. ;)

meoveryouxinfinity
8/18/2010, 04:30 PM
Let me address this.

The same Criminole team that in the last five years, lost 6 game, 4 games, 6 games, 6 games and 5 games? And that was playing in a pretty weak ACC? Yeah right.
The man said, and I QUOTE, "You know good and well that the Seminoles right now..." Right now? Like Now. The 2010 preseason.
But again, not addressing the fact that Ou has not come back when they get behind. You're front runners.
This logic is not sound. So we lose.. about as often as Texas does. But when we lose, we make it close. No? And when we win, we win big? I fail to see the crime in this.
Did you even watch the game? Being down at halftime with a backbreaking play right before the half..and then.. being down by 3, with 3 minutes left in the game and having the ball.. isn't coming back? Want some concrete evidence? Look at the Texas - Ou game from 2008. Ou was up what.. 5 or 6 times in the game and had a double digit lead. Want more? Check out the Fiesta Bowl.
Now you're really not making sense. Go watch the Boise State Fiasco bowl. We fought back in that game. We made it close, and guess what? Sent it into overtime and lost by a point. OU- Texas 2008? Umm, like Texas in their NC appearance, we lost the quarterback of our defense. We lost by 10. Sound familiar?

Crucifax Autumn
8/18/2010, 04:33 PM
Florida State has won as many games this year as *

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 04:38 PM
Florida State has won as many games this year as *

cant disagree here.

I want in on this argument.

badger
8/18/2010, 04:53 PM
the 0 - 12 UDub
Has it been mentioned yet that Warsh was a nat'l title contender in 2000 and when we scheduled them we weren't expecting them, as a Pac 10 powerhouse, to suck so much?

Funky G
8/18/2010, 05:41 PM
6 Big 12 Championships to 3. That's double dumb ***. Yeah, I'm talking to you, and if you don't like my tone, I'm in Dallas, and will happily meet you in the parking lot to let you know how I really feel.

What?

oudavid1
8/18/2010, 08:02 PM
6 Big 12 Championships to 3. That's double dumb ***. Yeah, I'm talking to you, and if you don't like my tone, I'm in Dallas, and will happily meet you in the parking lot to let you know how I really feel.

What?

This is getting intense

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff192/cee-cc/46147765.jpg

Soonermagik
8/18/2010, 08:17 PM
^^^ LOL!!! Football season is almost upon us, folks.

nytehorn
8/18/2010, 08:36 PM
I really think we have a 9-3 year. Pretty much impossible to go 8-5 as one of the earlier posters said. ;) (I will not mention a name) "Spin-talk" is saying best MB defense ever, but we have lost 3 DT to attrition since MNC Game, plus Earl Thomas. We are left with only 4 players at DT. A junior, a soph, and 2 true fresh. Not too worried about losing Thomas, but DT is a great concern of mine. Talk of moving Acho down to DT, with all the great young guns at DE, but he is undersized for a DT. A good running game could really hurt us.

sooner ngintunr
8/18/2010, 08:40 PM
**** texas with a wiffle ball bat

DenverSooner751
8/18/2010, 08:41 PM
^^^ LOL!!! Football season is almost upon us, folks.

:pop: :hot: LOL, agreed.

sooneron
8/18/2010, 08:54 PM
Guys!!! Now now, * did schedule Cal when they were fresh off back to back Rose Bowl appearances. Oh ****! never mind.

DenverSooner751
8/18/2010, 10:02 PM
Guys!!! Now now, * did schedule Cal when they were fresh off back to back Rose Bowl appearances. Oh ****! never mind.

Well played.

SouthFortySooner
8/19/2010, 01:24 AM
You my friend have enunciated what is best about COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

RealUTGrad
8/19/2010, 03:23 AM

I will agree that you guys play a tougher non-conference most years but I'm guessing you say the same thing every year. Face it, for the foreseeable future we will both be very good and any year that either team is not a top 5 team will be disappointing.

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 05:52 AM
Holy crap! A whorn with a sense of reality! Herr Shultz is no longer alone!

Soonermagik
8/19/2010, 07:20 AM
I will agree that you guys play a tougher non-conference most years but I'm guessing you say the same thing every year. Face it, for the foreseeable future we will both be very good and any year that either team is not a top 5 team will be disappointing.

I'm not under any illusion that both teams won't be good. I'm just a big believer that it goes in cycles. We lost Gresham & Bradford last year and that really hurt us.. along with other injuries.

Texas has now lost its crop of best players and it will take time to replace those guys. Even 5 star recruits need time to learn the game. Every 3-4 years both teams experience fall offs from losing veteran players. And.. I knew we wouldn't play well with a new QB last year. I reason that you guys will struggle too.

TexasLidig8r
8/19/2010, 08:44 AM

What?

uh huh.. I'll show yew... I cain't talk nor do any of that thar fancy cypherin, but oooh boy.. I'll shor kick yor ***! That'll lern ya rill goodly. :rolleyes:

Friday before the game, we'll either be at Charlie Palmers or Craft Steakhouse. Dress appropriately.

Mouth-breathers. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 09:20 AM
LMAO

Mississippi Sooner
8/19/2010, 09:35 AM
And it's not even near October yet. :pop:

KantoSooner
8/19/2010, 09:36 AM
I'd always wondered how to spell cypherin'

Every day, more knowledge!

Crucifax Autumn
8/19/2010, 09:45 AM
And it's not even near October yet. :pop:

By October it's gonna look like something out of the Helm's Deep scene in LOTR.

nytehorn
8/19/2010, 04:32 PM
Texas, as well as other big conference schools, playing the likes of La-La, La-Monroe, etc, are an unfortunate MUST for college football to survive. Those games will bring those schools millions of dollars, that they couldn't get otherwise. They could not support their programs without the huge payday. I don't like it; I just live with the fact. aTm is playing Div-II SFA this year. That ONE PAYDAY, will enable them to greatly enhance equipment, facilities, etc. And from what my SFA alumni friends are saying, they are ranked 8th in Div-II, and "AIN'T SCARED!" LOLOL

KantoSooner
8/19/2010, 04:54 PM
so it's a matter of nobless oblige to play lesser teams? so that said underlings can get money and thus the noble game is supported?

wow, and here my whole adult life I'd thought cupcakes were scheduled so as to provide assured wins.

Color me shocked.

Mississippi Sooner
8/19/2010, 04:57 PM
We are administering this beatdown because it's for your own good.

Now, just lie there and try to enjoy it.

nytehorn
8/20/2010, 09:45 PM
Kanto, I hope you are being sarcastic, that this is a known fact. If not...:rolleyes: And yes, this could very well be a beat down, just as we beat down Bomar in '05. I hope I don't see Gilbert on his back that much, but it could happen.

Okie35
8/21/2010, 02:19 AM
OU should handle Cincy. It's scary only because it's on the road and with a new QB and HC they are an unknown quantity. They lost their best play maker in Brian Kelly. He will be hard to replace.

Fixed.