PDA

View Full Version : Suburu Forrester and Outback owners: Yup. D**chebags.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/17/2010, 12:08 AM
Really. This is a special breed of clueless road moron.

Owners are:

Wanna-be hippies with no clue how to actually survive or operate in the outdoors.

Militant gays (note the stickers) that seem to drive full of hate.

Engineering/IT types who think owning any kind of all-wheel drive gives them a leg up on the road.

Up here, all seem to have trouble with staying in lanes.

And all seem to think they can magically do 80mph in 15 below ice and snow conditions.

Really, completely unexplainable in my mind.

Crucifax Autumn
8/17/2010, 12:27 AM
And all seem to think they can magically do 80mph in 15 below ice and snow conditions.

I noticed this when I lived in New York for a winter. I always loved it that all of us in regular old cars were slowly driving by their ran off the road into a snowbank a$$es and laughing.

yermom
8/17/2010, 01:02 AM
i'm glad Impreza drivers were not on this list :D

stoops the eternal pimp
8/17/2010, 10:34 AM
i'm glad Impreza drivers were not on this list

:eek:

Lott's Bandana
8/17/2010, 10:58 AM
See: Boulder, CO - Davis, CA - Bellevue, WA - Santa Fe, NM - Austin, TX - Madison, WI - Vermont

Okla-homey
8/17/2010, 11:06 AM
See: Boulder, CO - Davis, CA - Bellevue, WA - Santa Fe, NM - Austin, TX - Madison, WI - Vermont

I find inherent contradiction and a bit of irony in the fact avowed libs generally eschew American cars built by UAW labor. IOW, happy to have those UAW votes to help elect their hippy-dippy candidates, but wouldn't be caught dead in a Ford, Chevy or Dodge,

Oldnslo
8/17/2010, 11:12 AM
IMO (I'm never all that H), the worst drivers can be found in Lexi.

Cars that do all they can to insulate the driver from the actual driving experience lead to... bad driving. Mercedes drivers are just about as bad, but I think the lexus drivers shade them out in suckitude.

Ike
8/17/2010, 11:45 AM
As a happy Forester owner...meh. I guess I should be glad I didn't get the Suburu Forrester. ;)

I didn't buy it for the leg up on the road...I bought it because everyone I know that has one has had at least one Subaru for a long, long time and put tons of miles on it. Way more than any GM or Ford car I've ever had.

While I do drive it on the snow or ice, I tend to drive it just like I would any other car. (The worst driving I saw during the xmas blizzard was by people in 4x4 trucks) even though I probably could push it harder. If I wanted to push it hard though, I'll go somewhere where there aren't any people. It's not the going thats a problem...Its the braking. All cars act the same when you brake on ice.

Still, I'm quite happy with it. Much much happier than I am with my Ford.

Scott D
8/17/2010, 01:13 PM

Cars that do all they can to insulate the driver from the actual driving experience lead to... bad driving. Mercedes drivers are just about as bad, but I think the lexus drivers shade them out in suckitude.

I rate how bad a driver someone is by the price tag associated with their cars...and I'm co-signing the fact that Lexus drivers are on average the worst ****ing drivers this side of a racetrack full of stereotypical asian women in any car.

C&CDean
8/17/2010, 01:47 PM

Says Mr. Bimmer Driver...

All the SUV drivers of all brands suck when it comes to ice and snow. A few years back I was hauling a pool table up to Iowa and from KC north, it was solid black ice. I'm in a pickup with the heavy-assed slate table top in the bed, and I'm rolling on I-35 at maybe 30mph or so. Between KC and Des Moines we decided to count the number of vehicles in the ditches. I stopped counting at 100, and out of these 90+ were 4x4 SUVs. There were a couple 2-wheel drive trucks, and maybe a couple sedans. I guess people think that if it says "4x4" on it then you can ignore the conditions on the road. Stupid people.

tator
8/17/2010, 04:43 PM
I hope the ACLU never gets involved with cars, or this thread is going to bury all of you guys...

sooneron
8/17/2010, 10:45 PM
I usually find the forester and outback drivers to be completely annoying. Yep, there they are in the left lane doing 58 fricking miles an hour! Them and volvo drivers can suck it!!!

King Crimson
8/17/2010, 11:38 PM
i'd rather take my chances with a Forester running my *** over than some middling sorority slut talking on the phone/texting, driving with no hands and mashing the accelerator about her being 5 minutes late to her tanning session and how Jenna hooked up with Hunter....in her Expedition.

Scott D
8/18/2010, 12:06 PM
please KC, that bitch is driving a Mariner these days. :D

Mississippi Sooner
8/18/2010, 12:36 PM

All the SUV drivers of all brands suck when it comes to ice and snow. A few years back I was hauling a pool table up to Iowa and from KC north, it was solid black ice. I'm in a pickup with the heavy-assed slate table top in the bed, and I'm rolling on I-35 at maybe 30mph or so. Between KC and Des Moines we decided to count the number of vehicles in the ditches. I stopped counting at 100, and out of these 90+ were 4x4 SUVs. There were a couple 2-wheel drive trucks, and maybe a couple sedans. I guess people think that if it says "4x4" on it then you can ignore the conditions on the road. Stupid people.

I remember many days, back when I lived in Oklahoma where snow and ice is sometimes a problem, using my old two wheel drive F150 to pull various 4X4s out of ditches. It ain't the car, it's the driver, of course.

The Remnant
8/18/2010, 08:51 PM
If I owned one I would never admit it.

Oldnslo
8/19/2010, 10:06 AM

?

Say what you will about the d-bagginess of the folks who buy the car because of the badge, but BMW's don't insulate the driver from the road. Far from it. They're driver's cars. BMW and Porsche both do a great job of engaging the driver. Neither is the living-room-on-wheels that a lexus is.

Oh, and I use snow tires in the winter. cures all problems other than glazed ice.

yermom
8/19/2010, 11:15 AM
only problems i've had in winter weather (with all season tires anyway) is if i'm up to the frame in ice/snow/sleet. i needed a push once, and had to dig out/shove things under the tires the other time.

i can lock all 4 wheels from the inside, so going forward generally isn't a problem. i just need to be able to stop :D

in the ice, i generally still have to try to lose traction