PDA

View Full Version : ARRRGHHHH!!!! CBS has a new analyst.......

Salt City Sooner
8/16/2010, 02:48 PM
& he be walkin' the PLANK! :D

NEW YORK -- Former Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach will call games on television as he pursues a lawsuit over his firing from the school.

Cable network CBS College Sports announced Monday that Leach will work as an analyst this season.

Texas Tech fired Leach Dec. 30, two days after suspending him amid allegations he mistreated a player with a concussion. Leach has denied mistreating the player, and his lawyers have suggested he was fired because he was due to receive an $800,000 bonus Dec. 31.

Leach sued the school, claiming he is owed $9 million because of breach of contract.

Leach will work with play-by-play announcer Roger Twibell on CBS College Sports, which airs Mountain West, Conference USA and service academy games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5467729

Mad Dog Madsen
8/16/2010, 02:52 PM
I guess they couldn't get him on ABC with Craig??? :D

KantoSooner
8/16/2010, 02:56 PM
I hope they let him comment on Tech games.

I wonder if they could do a segment in which he comments on the performance of other commentators.....like Craig. THAT would be funny. You could do a video freeze frame type of analysis, Mike with a laser pointer and marker. He could run that type thing forever.

Mississippi Sooner
8/16/2010, 03:04 PM
Oh wow. It's not even the regular CBS games but the lower tier CBS college sports channel games.

I really expected him to get a studio analyst job of some sort, but I guess that might be kinda tricky with the ongoing lawsuit and all. I don't see how any network is going to take a chance on him commenting on Tech.

badger
8/16/2010, 03:13 PM
I would watch sh!t tier games just to hear Mikey make them interesting.

As for the ongoing lawsuit, Leach has been very open about his opinion on everything involving the lawsuit, even to Craig James' employer. He was very willing to tell the world how lazy and unmotivated Craig's son was when he was at Tech. This, despite the fact that Leach has a law degree and knows that stuff can be used against him in his ongoing lawsuit, he didn't hold back anything talking about Adam James, the entitled brat. :P

TahoeSOONER
8/16/2010, 03:18 PM
Listening to the pirate call play by play would be very interesting and would be a quote board waiting to happen.

Mississippi Sooner
8/16/2010, 03:22 PM
I agree. He'll make even crappy games more interesting.

And I'm a college football junkie. I'm known to sit around on Saturday and find myself watching Ogden State vs. Wyoming Tech on the Continental Divide Sports Network. Throw Mikey's insights into the mix, and it's all good with me.

oudavid1
8/16/2010, 03:41 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badger
8/16/2010, 03:43 PM
Listening to the pirate call play by play would be very interesting and would be a quote board waiting to happen.

Someday there will be a Mike Leach soundboard that will prank call customer service centers, or answer the phone when solicitors calls.

Solicitor: How satisfied are you with your long-distance service?

Leach soundboard: We're not going to compare scores and we're not going to listen to our fat little girlfriends.

Solicitor: So... are you interested in switching to MCI?

Leach soundboard: I’ll listen — up to a point. But pretty soon, I’ll tell them all to shut up because I like to talk.”

badger
8/16/2010, 03:49 PM
speaking of, there's apparently a "fat little girlfirends" cookbook in the words, which proceeds go to a tech scholly in leach's name :)

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=8#9190)

PS: DAVID! Don't string so many letters together without a space! It makes the screen go wider!

KantoSooner
8/16/2010, 03:55 PM
Ah, I was wondering when the fat little girlfriends would make a come back.

SoonerLB
8/16/2010, 11:13 PM
I guess they couldn't get him on ABC with Craig??? :D

BWAAHAHAHAAAAAA!

delhalew
8/17/2010, 12:26 AM
That will either result in comedy gold or Leach having a very short lived career at CBS...or both.

Crucifax Autumn
8/17/2010, 12:37 AM
I vote for both.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/17/2010, 10:26 AM
I vote for some weird awkward silence on air that will be magnificent

Shakadoodoo
8/17/2010, 10:28 AM
He should do a good job - he knows the game very well!